github.com/TOLoneWolf/curseDownloader
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-modfaq
serblist.com
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w0Nywo6sZcexcYb46hTOfAwElaeUlPoCC4DKRFcMWYQ
mcnoodlor.imgur.com/
elworrier.imgur.com/
imgur.com/a/JPif9
mega.nz/#!h3hi0TQR!areDzeQYr6RACXyDX-HE49BEIePIHze3liNoXg6Dhqg
reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/7slwg7/thaumcraft_6_betas_are_now_public/dt6ppnf/
youtube.com/watch?v=6WSHuAIDK8Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So ded we don't even copy the OP edition

► 1. WELCOME

We discuss Minecraft, modpacks, projects, build ideas, etc.
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated for feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here, use the list from the link below to advertise it.

[!] Performance problems in 1.10+: use foamfix+Optifine (turn off terrain animation)

► 2. NEWS

[02 jan 2018] The oldest news in this OP are now 1 year old. Congratulations for never updating this shit

[31 dec 2017] MultiMC5 0.6.0 is out, featuring easy downloading of Curse modpacks and more.
>multimc.org/posts/0-6-update.html

>[2017/Jun/30] Noodlor's Castle Collection is completed! Including a world-download:
imgur.com/a/NeywO

>[2017/May/14] GoG update is finished:
mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/228948-grimoire-of-gaia

>[2017/Jan/02] asie has been working on FoamFix, FabricMC and others.
asie.pl/foamfix/
github.com/FabricMC

► 3. USEFUL LINKS

>/mcg/ General text (to contribute news and info for the next thread)
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-op

>Modding Tools & documentation:
mcforge.readthedocs.io

>Curse downloader
github.com/TOLoneWolf/curseDownloader

>how2dostuff for newfags
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-modfaq

>Server list (own a server? Please move to the new Serblist.com)
serblist.com
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w0Nywo6sZcexcYb46hTOfAwElaeUlPoCC4DKRFcMWYQ (Old)

>Ideas & Inspiration
mcnoodlor.imgur.com/
elworrier.imgur.com/
imgur.com/a/JPif9

>Castlefag's map
mega.nz/#!h3hi0TQR!areDzeQYr6RACXyDX-HE49BEIePIHze3liNoXg6Dhqg

>Cracked MultiMC for Linuxfags
anonfile.com/UcRapfdcbb/multimc-cracked.tar.gz

best edition

What texturepack is this?

Would a kind benevolent user create a Broville server vanilla or modded?

pixel perfection

>old thread went 20+ posts passed the bump limit without anyone making a new thread
>new thread doesnt have link to old thread
>or even the right OP
>or even the right subject
You idiots act like this shit is difficult.

yo, anyone have a hardcore server we can just have fun in?

should I install Immersive Engineering or Magneticraft on my new 1.12 instance? I don't want to have 2 mods doing literally same things

what seems to be my only issue with traincraft is that tracks cannot be placed diagonally

I miss the 2010-2012 golden age of adventure maps
>notes in text files, or if the map was really good in images that looked like notes
>comfy builds that wouldn't have felt too out of place in a survival world
>plots are a great blend of campiness and creativity
>not focused on flashy command block effects and ridiculous """boss fights"""
pic related, from the excellent adventure map "The Curse of Sunny Springs"

I want to go back ;_;

Is it possible to set a blacklist for underground biomes ore generation? I have poor ores disabled in traincrafts config but underground biomes doesn't seem to respect that when figuring out which blocks it should be generating all the different ores in stone types from, so although I no longer have vanilla poor ores I still get "[X rock] poor ore" and I can only find a config option to turn the "ores with underground biomes backgrounds" off completely, which I'd prefer to avoid if possible.

>old laptop
>play 1.7.10 with 190 listed mods in the title screen
>stable and playable 20+ FPS most of the time with view distance 4, Optifine and Fastcraft
>play 1.10.2 with 35 listed mods in the title screen
>struggling to stay close to 20 FPS with view distance 4, even with Optifine and Foamfix
How the fuck is this possible?

What about Cyber quests.

I like IE's aesthetics and difficulty. But it lacks end game. There is nothing to do after you make excavator. Other than more excavators.
Also, the automation is too primitive to be truly usable.

Haven't played Magneticraft.

>stay close to a furnace
>take damage
Not even ten minutes in and I'm starting to doubt this Heat & Climate mod

>posting

Changed something in the UBCOres registrar settings that may have fixed it, but I'm honestly contemplating just dropping UB entirely. I build a lot but there's no way I'm finding a use for literally like 20+ different types of stone and it makes the underground look kinda weird (imo).

Ever played a Super Hostile map? That shit was dank.

This lost cities mod is actually pretty cool
backport when

i've got a shitty 1gb 1.12.2 craftbukkit serb
what plugins should i install?
51.255.76.233:40748

GIVE ME 1.12 THAUMCRAFT
NOW!

Can someone make a proper /mcg/ thread?

What do you guys think of infinite water sources?

Dumb but the only really technically viable option for a game that has oceans. I guess you could "ocean water" a separate thing but that brings in it's own issues.

It's not even finished on 1.10 yet, calm down.

So apparently Climate Control keeps crashing the server I'm on and I have no idea why. Will there be any fucked up worldgen if I just remove it? I got it on standard settings and it doesn't really seem to do much anyway.

How do I stop liquid pipes from connecting to my block that has IFluidHandler?

They're totally immersion breaking but super convenient. I kind of wish I had a reason to pump water out of oceans/lakes instead of using something like an Ender IO reservoir.

It kind of completely takes over world generation so I hope you don't mind chunk walls everywhere if you remove it.

magneticraft has really good looking convoyer belts and insertor (totally not ripped off from factorio), and pretty ok multiblock machines

i'd say it's worth a shot

I played better than wolves mod. It was fun.

That's real neat.

Just tried Tough as Nails for 1.10. I want to fucking die.
>Reduces max health to 5 hearts at the start
>Locks health upgrades to Nether Fortresses
>Can't go to Nether for more than 5 minutes without icy slime armor or heat resist potions which need blaze powder
>It adds seasons, it's Summer right now
>Can't find ice
>Can't make it to the closest fortress to farm blazes without overheating

>tfw going back to 1.6.4 modpacks
cozy

what mod is this?

>playing Thaumcraft without addons

Someone throw up a modded serb

127.0.0.1 no password, there's a huge faggot here though, be warned

Is new Thaumcraft really that bad?

huh, who said it was bad?

>seasons
Can I disable absolutely everything else and just have these?

New research can need items that might be expensive, but research isn't needed for everything now.
Praecantatio is annoying to find.
Taint isn't able to be fought reliably in the beta, the research needs to be added still, but flux, which causes it, dissipates over time.
No more node hunting which is nice.
Golems can follow you and protect you but they're literally retarded.
It's missing some end-game stuff.
It's fun right now.
I'll check the config for you when i get back to my PC. I think you can disable the health lowering but I'm not sure about thirst and temperature.

>Praecantatio is annoying to find.
The only known place that is easy to farm Prae is to make tons of low-level Enchanted Books. Nether Wart no longer has it. Eventually, you'd switch over to higher-level ones as soon as you find a good source of XP.

Oh, and for those with Heat and Climate, how's the mod? Does it sit well with a magic-themed modpack, and does the mod implement a lot of block states?

Arcane stone is a fairly easy source of praecantatio imo

Easier than nether wart? Or enchanted books/armor/weapons? Or blaze powder? You're fucking crazy wasteful.

Well, the book could have helped determine that, but the aspects list no longer lists down the items that have a particular kind of aspect. It's like Azanor expects people to have JEI for it.

Yeah that sucks.

We're talking TC6 here.

So things like enchanted books and nether wart don't have prae in TC6?

What a joke.

Enchanted books do. Nether Wart has a new alchemy aspect.

Enchanted Books still have Prae, starting from 4 for a low-level enchant. Nether Wart only has Herba now.

any recommendations on modpacks? looking fomr something with a mixture from tech (i pretty much liked greg tech new horizon except for the slow as fuck ore searching) and stuff like big reactors, some farming like pams and cooking for blockheads and maybe even something like an "endgame goal". like stated i played gt new horizon which always puts me off sooner of later and some divine journey but somewhat about it was offputting too.

good job asking for the 30th time, maybe you'll actually get a response if you try again!

ok
any recommendations on modpacks? looking fomr something with a mixture from tech (i pretty much liked greg tech new horizon except for the slow as fuck ore searching) and stuff like big reactors, some farming like pams and cooking for blockheads and maybe even something like an "endgame goal". like stated i played gt new horizon which always puts me off sooner of later and some divine journey but somewhat about it was offputting too.

Aesthetics aren't important, but I can look into another design for the glass.

With the time you've spent asking you could have either made your own and distributed it to friends or downloaded a launcher and looked for one. Try Blightfall like stated last thread.

So HeatAndClimate is indeed a tech mod. Shit.
Oh well, I can probably live without it.

Havent tried it but If it's anything like AppleMilkTea it's not a lot of tech, it's mostly comfy stuff.

downloaded it and gonna test it tomorrow, only looking for alternatives. actually while i got nothing to do at work i am in fact looking through the curseforge page for modpacks to play but going through 300 pages of modpacks is quite a work

>disable poor ores in Railcrafts config file
>flying through the overworld of a new world
>notice something in a cliff
>it's poor iron ore
???

Pregenerated?

Nope, new world made after the config changes.

>Aesthetics aren't important
>in this visual sandbox game

same shit happened to me on 1.10.2, i ended up disabling world gen but now I can't get zinc. not a huge deal anymore though I guess with TC6 out and it adding brass.

Did I stutter?

I decided to still try it out. Good news: it didn't lag out the game with block states unlike Rustic. Bad news: it adds so much new ore and there doesn't seem to be an option for retrogen.

>it adds so much new ore
New ore in my comfy nip mods? Disgusting.

No, you made it clear that you're dumb.

>being this salty
Just learn to build good, kid. It's not hard.

reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/7slwg7/thaumcraft_6_betas_are_now_public/dt6ppnf/

Do you guys realize how shallow and mean you are for preferring Thaumcraft to the great 1.10+ magic mods like Embers, Roots, and Astral Sorcery?

It's all just depth and variety. That and learning to stick with a world for longer than 6 months.

Yes. I also realize that I don't care.

AWAKEN, MY MASTERS!

Just got back, yes, you can disable lowered starting health, temperatures, and thirst, leaving just seasons

Holy fuck this TC6 research system is the weirdest one so far. And yet it's also the one that makes the most sense. I'm not sure how to feel about it yet, using logical progression and experimentation instead of mini-games is just what.

Nice, thanks for checking for my lazy ass.

I've been having a blast with it so far.

It adds roughly the same amount of ores as Thermal Foundation plus gems and minerals. You can consider HeatAndClimate as a full-on techmod rewrite of Apple Milk and Tea 2.

And this mod is already affecting my modpack so far. By playing several minutes and going through exploration, mobs are starting to move considerably more slowly and the sky is starting to twitch, which implies lower ticks due to the checks on climate made by HeatAndClimate.

Verdict: I'll have to take this one out too. This is also giving me a lukewarm reception of 1.10.2 so far.

Woah page 10

>not bumping with an image

You could start playing these modpacks.
youtube.com/watch?v=6WSHuAIDK8Q

Yummy!

What can you do with a vanilla cauldron in 1.7.10
You can't even take the water you place in it

use an empty glass bottle on it

Old 1.10.2 build I miss sometimes (never quite finished either). I think building a big house straight away is the right way to go about having real fun in MC. The rush to the technological end is fruitless. Take your time and enjoy for once and stop gnashing your teeth.

While not nearly as impressive as most builds I've seen here. It made coming back home a much more pleasant experience. Or just hanging out listening to the rain. I wish I didn't overdo the roof so much. Though it does looks more imposing at distance.

Dumping because I'm a vain person. Apologies to anyone who doesn't like quake pro FOV.

Belly of the beast.

>deadvers

You can use it to un-dye leather armour

Page 10 sneaking around here

unpopular opinion; rotarycraft and reactorcraft actually aren't that bad of mods...

Don't they fuck things up

>put the Lost Cities mod in my tiny TC6 pack
>spend more time navigating around the city maze trying to find caves than rushing into thaumstuff
I guess I'm fine with this too

Lost Cities is so good.

>farm nether wart
>use the centrifuge on alchemy aspect
>get prae
Or
>make salis mundus using quartz and random shit