/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Not made by some stupid fucking phoneposter or filthy /xivg/ migrant Edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/
↳A limited edition Rathalos PS4 Pro has been announced for sale outside of Japan. Check your local retailer for more details.
↳Weapon movesets: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Abandoned Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SAIpVuZ-nB8
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Post pics of that brown hunter girl.

Huntress's stinky pits

Anyone wanna help me kill storyline Nergigante? Got it limping twice but he keeps doing his one shot swoop crash.

This one?

how the fuck do i store phials in my shield?

every time i try to cancel my amped elemental discharge it just goes into a horizontal slash and the shield doesnt change

The most retarded weapons that only retards would use in Monster Hunter World are:
Insect Glaive
Long Sword
Switch Axe
Sword and Shield
Gunlance
Dual Blades
Bow

The best weapons that only respected hunters use in Monster Hunter World are:
Chad Blade
Light Bowgun
Great Sword
Hammer
Lance

Other weapons that nobody cares about:
Heavy Bowgun
Hunting Horn

I hope that this is helpful to any newbs stuck on deciding which weapons they should try.

Enough hunters and huntresses. Post jewels.

whats the best general sns i can make, the blast one?

also what skills do i want with sns besides handicraft

bros...

In other games, you got a couple seconds of extra damage when a monster woke up, right? At least I always thought it was that way but in world at least you just get the one hit.

Handler is for _______?

Are the Rathian weapons good for LS and GL?

How in the fuck does the Wyvernblast work on LBG? Sometimes it goes off and deals damage, sometimes it does not.

when he got all his spikes to black, just wait and bait him then superman dive.

>3 rath hunts
>broke wings/chest all 3 times
>0 carapaces or wings

nani the fuck

Won't happen. People here only play these games to dress up their barbie dolls. They weren't bullied enough as kids and are now repressed trannies. Such is the case for most Veeky Forums fags. There's a reason everyone hates this board.

No, she has red-orange clothes and black hair.

Sns is pretty flexible in terms of skills but element/status attack up are always good choices

Wishing I could customize her face like I can with my hunter and my fucking palico.

Starting quests?

Breeding with monsters.

Name that one skill that you try to include in every set you build.

nipple twisting

It's always been first hit deals extra damage.

Help please!

When accepting my log-in bonus it says there is also a 5 Million Celebration Item Pack, where do I claim it? My palico in my room doesn’t have it when I claim add ons and bonuses.

I will save, exit, check for updates to see if anything shows up.

Holy fuck i love Bazelgeuse and Odogaron. Definitely my favorites out of the new ones

What do I want on lance, raw I assume? Thinking about trying evade lance in this, is it good? Or should I stick with guard

My life is a lie

What am I going with the switch axe. I know I end up with Nergs by the end but before that?

Palomus? Tobis into uragaan?

What tree is best for CB? Nerg?

can you get critical hits with a 0% affinity weapon?

Any time I’ve used it, it explodes when anything hits it, be it me or the monster.
Putting them on the ground and letting blos charge through them is fun. So is putting them all around a monster’s head and bashing.

>breeding

>decide to give english voices another chance
>load into game
>Handler starts babbling
>"Return to title screen?" [Yes] No

I think they should've added more variety to weapons. Everything is just buster sword this and bone sword that but with skins on them. I don't like it.

well this quest was surprisingly easy. they spend more time blowing each other up, rather than you.

the only brown huntress that matters

so are xeno weps the best because of the white sharpness?

MH language is the only option

Should I buy a ps4 for MHW or wait for PC release?

>breaking uragaan's chin with a lance
This feels incorrect.

critcal draw?

Wait for PC unless you can snag one of these like I did. Shits nice.

>Playing as male character
>2018

Nargacuga and silverwind when?

You really do want an SnS for each element and status because they're so good at applying them (try the wall jump attack, it's nuts), but if forced me to only hunt with 1 SnS forever, it'd either be para or blast.

Skill wise, evasion boost and sharpness+1 is good for every SnS, but a lot of it comes down to preference. Element stuff and status stuff is obviously good (unless status crit is in the game, avoid that like the fucking plague), ko boost makes you feel like a hammer user, the mounting skill makes you feel like an IG user, and probably more stuff that I can't name off the top of my head.

Gunlance is great are you kidding me my man

>fapping every 10 minutes to the thought of your huntress being facialized by the monsters

What happened to the blood? It's a tiny speck of it even on weak spots. It feels like the monsters are all made of rock when you hit them. They could have even had blood drops as part of the tracking for wounded monsters. The game is so good I feel like an ass for criticizing much but it annoys me. Also while the in game hunter's notes is good enough I think it would be better if it showed the elemental weaknesses on each part and not just a general idea of it up in the corner. Makes me think of situations like Duramboros being weakest to thunder but only on his face, better off going with fire for the rest of his body. If he was in the game it'd say thunder is the best and it would be misleading.

if your hunter doesn't look like this uninstall the game

Which weapons seems the most popular in World?

Lance is fast-ish, so it does well with element, status, or raw. Really doesn't matter a ton, just look at aesthetics, sharpness, and monster weaknesses. Pukei pukei seems like a good choice for low rank.
Guard lance seems great in this game, but both were buffed from before so when it comes to guard vs evade it's really up to what you find more fun. Don't be afraid to craft both as long as you're having fun hunting!

>The blast kinsect is so good that it makes the blast glaives kind of pointless.

I'm perfectly fine with that. I like the idea of having blast on my kinsect and something else on my glaive. Thanks for the perspective on how IG shapes up in the endgame. Looking forward to keeping up with it.

Enjoying the game so far but it has been indeed easy compared to previous games, looking for ideas to gimp myself boys, anything any of you been doing to achieve that?

Haha guys lol look at /MY GIRL/!!! XD SHE'S A CUTE ISN'T SHE??? XD!
HUNTRESS IS FOR ______ XD
A CUTE A CUTE AWOO UWU!!! XD

Johnny bravo

when do you get the rock steady mantel?

So Odogaron started glowing red when i was doing an expedition at the vale. Is this supposed to be the tempered shit?

Please respond.

I can't wait for all the Deviljho fags to get blown out when Jho loses against every single Elder Dragon in the Turf Wars. Some people actually think he can beat Nergigante.

Do the disharge and hit R2 at the beginning. Or just mash it as you do the discharge, whatever you want.

imagine being so angry you type this post, fill out the captcha, and press the enter.

you seriously think that im gonna play as some stupid girl when i can self-insert as a masculine catsexual manhunter??

In my mind, only DB, SnS, IG, and maybe LS care about element, but maybe I should get out of that mindset. Does SA care about element?

I hate that you're right

World is so casual you don't even need weapons
youtu.be/SAIpVuZ-nB8

>SOS into Zorah Mag for that fucking gem
>Nerg shows up
>Jap #1 carts
>Jap #2 carts
>Jap #3 carts
>this happened over the course of 10 (TEN) seconds

how the fuck do I get in? I'm ~40 hours in and in HR shit now. Did i miss a side quest?

>Kill Negger
>Cheevo pops up, check that while game starts loading rewards
>Exit cheevo screen, PS4 Pro fucking freezes for a few seconds
>Game crashes and didnt save the kill
Ayooooo

HE'S PICKLE RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK

LS has to be worst weapon in game, was running with some faggot what was using it to day, he did shit all damage to anything, and tripped the fuck out of our hammerboi. Anyone, that uses that weapon is shit, please swap to a weapon that actually is useful or does damage.

It's retarded and attracts lots of underage. Just choose lance or hbg instead.

cheeky cunt

Talk to your housekeeper

I'm having trouble deciding my hunter's and palico's name. For hunter my current choices are Laura, Maria, Sophia and for Palico Airou (which is the original JP name) or Luce.

Any opinions on these or should I go for something else?

alright thanks bros

What is the best element for switch axe?

no

wake me up when they patch in G-Rank, high rank is for babies.

80th for this game is full of scrubs

The one that your target is weak to

Is Anja armor or Toby armor better? Do I just make every armor?

>Does SA care about element?
nah

Anyone wanna grind HR Diablos till our hands hurt? I want to make a few of his weapons.

If you're interested the ID is 7u72sf72fLkn Please come.

Deviljho could easily beat Nergigante. He is stronger than Teo or Kushla.

Why is anjanath such a bitch to trip? Does he just have a crazy high threshold?

What does fortify do?

Does the Argosy ever have anything good for sale?

>maybe LS
That's kinda how lance is it can go either way. I don't play much SA but as far as I know you mostly just want raw/blast for it.

I can't find a a weapon that I want to main.
Mained Lance in multiple games, stopped in 4u, hated the chargespan in Gen
Mained HH in 4u, but it feels weak, and early game it's such a hassle with useless songs, bad horns etc.
Mained HBG in late 4u and Gen (most of the village quest), but hated it in Gen, loved it in 4u,
My old seconadries were GS and SA. If I hit a wall I will pick pick up GS, which more often that not solves the problem, but I get bored of it after a while. I also go bored of the spammy nature of SA, but I do like the weapon, but not something I would main.
I never touch LS, IG, Bow and LBG
I have the same issue with DB as I do with SA, it's to spammy.
Been playing around with Charge Blade, but I dunno, it is fun, but it's not clicking.
Sns is fun, but would never main it, dunno how it is in World.

Best armor setup for LS with no jewels?

Does anyone have any idea how many i-frames evade 5 has? I miss mh4u 18 for evade lance. Also does the forward dash work the same with evade? It doesn't even feel like it benefits the same as the backhops or sidesteps.

I've had gems and plates so yes.

alright ill keep going with it, do you know what skills or armors I should go for ideally for HR? im gonna stick with guard

It has more than enough

Her dragon element breath destroys all elders even nerg. That's a fact!

Best weapon to go with teostra set? Hbg?