/domg/ - Dominions General

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.
The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 3000 units, 900 spells and 400 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.
It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.
Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/wjbSA98Y
>Drawfaggotry
dominionsdraws.imgur.com/

>DOMINIONS 5 IS OUT.

>Where do I get it?
Currently only available on Steam.
store.steampowered.com/app/722060/Dominions_5__Warriors_of_the_Faith/

>Manual
illwinter.com/dom5/dom5manual.pdf
illwinter.com/dom5/dom5tables.pdf

>Mod inspector
larzm42.github.io/dom5inspector/

>Multiplayer guide
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1212948582

>Debug mod
dropbox.com/s/oo492x2cs8vag34/debug509.zip?dl=0

>How do I change the fonts?
Replace guifont.ttf, guifont_fancy.ttf and guifont_texty.ttf in the game's 'data' folder (C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Dominions5\data usually).

>Is there an easier way to play multiplayer?
rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/dominions-4-pbem-manager-new-stuff.104015/
Works for Dominions 5 just as well.

>Completed games
Submit them here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeuclmaCiRo8vcTztsKjPJxnBgRDE-E1uNvE5j0x5wDZMMhRA/viewform
Results:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OxILAa3Y_O7Vk2NFhKAAQfStHqh1WJXMkGCim9sQ_ns/edit#gid=1292233344

>OP pastebin
Just copypaste it and link the previous thread below.
pastebin.com/RbFWcFcU
>Previous Pantokrator:

Other urls found in this thread:

si.battlespot.com/wiki/Main_Page
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Damn son you are bog standard as fuck.

First for aboleth traps.

I really want to learn how to play Arcosophale. Are they all about those battle mage mystics?

First for do not bully Ermor, they are just misunderstood and experimenting a little.

I said before the game started that I would be making as bog standard a build as possible.

because it fits lore and it'd be an interesting event

I'd advocate for the same kind of event for other slave nations except no one seems to levy units quite like Mekone does

I'm the Hue that was thinking about buying this last thread and while I figure you people get this a lot: holy shit I don't think I've ever seen a game with this much breadth and I'm an export from /rlg/.

What's a good nation for a first game?

The condition was that he'd blogpost every turn, as his innovative thing.

He has thus far kept the deal, which is also pretty innovative.

>is a nation all about its fortrec mid-cost magi
Usually that is the case, yes.

It's like CDDA except it's as deep as it is broad, instead of being very wide, but very shallow.

>Are they all about those battle mage mystics?
Depending on the era Arco has a number of tricks but you'll never play them right unless you can get the most out of the Mystics, which can be a challenge sometimes because their paths are so random.

I wouldn't mind Mictlan getting a few free slave troops whenever they take or maybe from pillaging a province.

Because I was on the backfoot and losing for many turns in my game as them, I was surprised how useful that levy slave warrior ability was for generating a few chaff units when waiting for reinforcements or as a useful thing to do with your regular commanders. I don't think they're very good or anything but I enjoy it and the flavor fits.

For your first few games, you're just figuring out the interface anyways, so literally just pick whatever thematic thing you think is most interesting.

If you're open to anything, I'd rec Fomoria since it has the widest array of different strategies available that you can try out, but it's more important that you like a nation's themes and aesthetic when you're starting out.

MA ulm is babby's first nation

but the best to start with is whatever looks cool except skeletons or ghosts

What's the best gear to make a commander stealthy if they have no stealth normally?

Or Underwater

Annointed of Rhuax? More like Electrocuted of Rhuax. Fear-of-Horses the Warlord? More like Fear-of-Cuties the Gaylord. It was rather shocking in a pleasant way to see my beautiful righteous heroes prevailing over the filthy demon-worshipping invaders. The storm is coming.

Not sure if you're still here, but we intend to start this weekend.

Remember when I said my god could expand into anything? Well, apparently forest trolls aren't anything. Between the nature mage and their very high damage attacks, the piggy died like a bitch.

I'm going to have my first black priest actually start calling him back and lead my second expansion party with a smith instead, but he won't be around for expansion at least.

Luckily, the rest of my provinces don't look so bad, so I should be able to recover with only a reduced expansion and research to pay for my misfortune.

>Can't diplo with Ulm without ending up in his blog

I think he will not survive the time it will take me to research Thaum level 5.
F.

>that cropping
Another /rlg/ expat, I see.

>MA Ulm Has Only One Pretender God
And today we learned it's not the Boar, but the lowly Alchemist.

I don't need to post EVERYTHING

I consider this an advantage.

>not the dorf

wew sorry for that, didn't even crop it this time.

Hey, this is Solium Infernum guy, last time I'll post in this thread. We currently have one more spot open for a 6 player game. Post your email or discord if you want to jump in.

For those unfamiliar Solium Infernum is similar to dominions in many ways (custom pretender, simulataneous turns) but focuses more on diplomatic manuvering and backhanded tactics over straight warfare and magic use.

Wiki for more info: si.battlespot.com/wiki/Main_Page

If you have nature mages, send him into combat with one next to him set to cast healing touch and then retreat. It won't heal the disease and there's a chance you'll still lose him, but it might let him hold out.

>misfortune
that's what i call my hubris, too!

How long do games generally take?

When I get hubris-dunked, I call it like it is. Literally only serious mages and troll-tier baddies can beat the boar. It slams heavy cavalry and barbarians and even stray a1 mages and necromancers into the dumpster. It's about as likely to hit a pop type that it can't beat as a stacked expansion party is to lose its commander to an arrow across the battlefield. Shit does happen.

As a flipside to your misfortune I got a turn 1 hero

Aint gonna tell you who I am though

also what version of SI is the current one?

How many trolls were there? Trolls get fucked up by normal expansion parties pretty easily, they aren't usually that scary.

I bet it was fucking bernlad.

They hit for 30 damage, my dude. If you've got units that don't get hit, that's np. If you've got a god relying on his protection, it's an issue.

Behemoth is such a cool spell, why does it have to be D3? Ain't nobody got time for that.

Watch your mouth, kid.

nah
I'll tell you this though, the only hero I can think of among the nations in this game I'd prefer to get this early is Manco-Ocllo

it's one of those xibalban motherfuckers isn't it
or u'an

Whats the usual go to for EA Tien Chi, scales or bless? I'm seeing lots of sacred mages and the sacred warriors could be good for a bless but also expensive units.

Whats the late game goal for casting? Celestial masters would seem to be good in communion but they have no native guaranteed S mages (crystal matrix?) or is it skelly spam with their D mage?

Games take approximately 1-2 months from what I've observed. The good thing is staling is less of an issue since turns are far faster than in dominions, especially late game.

The current version is 1.08c with the rectification expansion

not gonna be giving out anymore clues one way or another; you'll just have to wonder

bless of some sort. Imprisoned rainbow or more serious are both used, but everything good you have is sacred and can use a bless.

You either go ghost + warrior bless (things good for low hp units and units with high attack density, like weapon effects, +hp/undying, and twist fate) or summon + warrior bless (good for things you want to last in melee and kill quickly, like battle stats in general and strength).

Luck + Undying is a fun meme, but the ghosts don't get the benefit from luck, so that one's more for your recruitables and summons.

How do I go about killing something like this? How is it even possible to get so much strenght?

Magic Duel it with your own S10s with the gems you saved by not chain-casting wish

it's got no reinvig
make it go berserk before its buffs go up

Shademail hauberk

Shademail Haubergeon is the only non-unique item
even then there's only one item at const 8

you'll still need boots of the ranger and a cat eye pendant or eye of innocence in order to make the commander stealthy enough to not get caught

where the fuck did that nigga come from

You take your own similarly expensive retard

Except yours isn't a demon and has triple damage to demons weapons.

I got this for an EA Tien Chi for blessing ghosts, do I want to go for imprisoned for better scales / chassis / paths or is this good enough?

3 gifts from heaven should do it, assuming they hit
similarly meteor shower

10 casts of life for a life if you have blood 3 on your nation
1 cast of Infernal Prison or Claws of Kokytos
if you can cast Demon Cleansing it'll only take 2 gifts from heaven hits or 5 of life for a life

for less complete victories though some kind of fatigue/stun and berserk combo will do the trick

Do Brands beat Luck?

They can hit more than once in a turn (actual attack + AoE) so they have more chances of beating it, but I don't think any kind of damage beats luck, and most spell effects don't either.

Then it's really overpowered. The dirty Abysian actually managed to survive the 2nd attempt on his life (though I guess that one is still dying since the first assassin's lightning bolt that struck him made him diseased) and my army got obliterated despite fighting his fiery lucky sacreds in Cold and with Rain cast. Do Rain effects take place immediately or you need to wait for them? Yeah, I know that snowfall is supposed to be less effective.

Luck is a very good bless, probably one of the best in the game. You don't get to call it overpowered until you've been on the receiving end of Luck+Quickness+Blood Surge Jags though.

Rain is mostly a nerf to Abysian casting (it makes fire magic cost more fatigue), it's not terribly harmful to their troops. Putting actual fire resistance on your guys is better for resisting the Abysian heat auras.

I see, thanks. I've got an okay-ish or terrible idea about how to deal with him. Still, I think I am actually getting better at being an elf, I really like Tir na n'Og.

Elves blown out

>pile o sacreds vs. pile o sacreds
Yawn.

The real victory here was no longer needing to pay upkeep on 31 of your cavemen. Now you just need to find a way to quickly lose the other 10

>41 Tuatha Warriors vs 51 Burning Ones
>No Thunderspam or Air Elementals from TNN
Luck or no Luck, you weren't winning that shit, elf boy

Worse, it was my sacreds vs his lucky burning sacreds.

Hey now, you need Air Magic for both of those. Do I look like an Air container to you?

Sidhe Lords all have 2A. Throw a Tuatha Sorceress in the mix to cast Storm and you have all the air magic you'll ever need.

Sidhe Lords are almost 300 gold. You use the assassins for that, with some friendly N mages to fluff them up with reinvigoration songs

you dont need the reinvig much now that spellsinging is a thing

Lords aren't efficient if you're just building a doomstack, but they're also your thugs and they're very mobile, so you can converge them for big battles and then spread them out again to eat up territory.

you do if you want to cast more than 4 times before nap time. One N mage is worth more than another A mage once you have enough.

I was gonna give a whole spiel about you still have to roll a 1/4 on StR
but it's a 1/2 because if you roll Earth on a Tuatha you can gaia power up to relief

What are you talking about? There's a song that reduces fatigue. It's N1

>it's an "user is still stuck in dom4 and has no idea what he's doing" episode
In 5 the actual "song" spells for the celtic nations were replaced with the spellsinger trait, which gives half fatigue for 125% casting time.

After the AI is done casting mistform, air shield, barkskin and every other inane useless spell it can think of you mean?

WHAT WAS THAT

I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE FAVOR OF THE TRUE GOD BOBYSIA

Oh, my bad then

Did you know that if you prophet a warlord, he dual wields two handed axes and gets the two handed bonus on both of them?

Filthy fire thing, it is your disease-induced fever hallucinations speaking up, not your god. You are dying because the filthy Council of Demon cocksuckers sent you to my people's land in search of a mystic rod that probably doesn't even exist, once again a disgusting legend claims another soul. Good thing it is your soul though. I bet you are happy that you could see the Corruptor's cock one more time before you died. Unlucky for you, our country's leaders have decided that this cycle is not a complete failure yet, so expect more of your worthless countrymen dying for nothing. Maybe we will even send your favorite demon master right after back into Hell where it came from.

Marcille is really cute though. She's why I read Dungeon Meshi.

chuunelf begune, I don't know what this senile elf talk about rods is. I'm here to take your nature gems so I can empower in nature and summon FIRE ANTS

Also Malpheas is totally not a demon wtf he is a perfectly ordinary abysian chap

user, I have something I have to tell you.

But you are after the Rod of Curse, we know it for a fact now. First even we doubted the words of the man that did so much for our country but... But. Some of our blessed Tuatha warriors ended up Cursed in the battle that came after he had sent you this message. What more evidence there needs to be? Your goal is clear, and it is unattainable. And Malphas is a demon, it is most interesting how you immediately realized who was called the demon among your debased ranks.

what game is this banter even about

>But you are after the Rod of Curse, we know it for a fact now. First even we doubted the words of the man that did so much for our country but... But. Some of our blessed Tuatha warriors ended up Cursed in the battle that came after he had sent you this message. What more evidence there needs to be? Your goal is clear, and it is unattainable. And Malphas is a demon, it is most interesting how you immediately realized who was called the demon among your debased ranks.
What did he mean by this?

>the Rod of Curse
Is this some next level Malakal shit or is user just retarded

Would a """demon""" have sprouted wings and flown over 3 miles of godforsaken swampland to seize personal command of an army of sacred warriors after their high priest was foully slain by elf assassins, and then bring in a 100% traditionally named replacement Anointed Of Rhuax 'Devilman' to properly bless everyone, along with two extra brave and very purebred abysian commanders?

I don't THINK so. There is NO demon conspiracy to cool the bloodline of flame or supplant worship of the flame into vile demon worship.

ALSO I see that barbarian building a fort. It's not even year 3 and you're aiming for 5 forts.

Damn, well you've got me convinced. Malphas is definitely not a demon.

>>It's not even year 3 and you're aiming for 5 forts.
>Not taking 25 provinces in expansion and shitting out a fort in every cardinal direction from your cap by year two
weak

Your false-flagging is too obvious, lava-born degenerates. Don't you still have some pretty fiery maidens left to sacrifice to your demonic masters?

>It's not even year 3 and you're aiming for 5 forts
How else can we protect our country from vile demon-worshippers and warmongers such as you?

Reminder to purge knife-ears from this dimension

>C'tis not received
What in the flying fuck I sent that hours ago

Jokes on you elves that's not me I thought the rod shit was cute and i enjoyed it even If I didn't know what you were talking about
Also kudos for Berytos and Hinnom for having flowery messages

I bumped 2 different nations, wizards, Fiends of Darkness, peasant uprisings, Nightmares, and let me tell you about Horse Tribe. There's a Reason Fear-Of-Horses earned that name. Don't talk to me or my expansion ever again you flammable piece of trash!

Though speaking of misfortune, while I'm in thread, why in the name of the pankoman did Yomi take Turmoil 3 Misfortune 3. You know those temples you're building everywhere are gonna get owned by barbarians, right?

>why in the name of the pankoman did Yomi take Turmoil 3 Misfortune 3
Because he really wanted that Regeneration that his Dai Oni have along with other blesses. We think that he has some sinister plans up his sleeve. Also, you are demon-worshippers and you don't even know what he is planning? Strange.

>why in the name of the pankoman did Yomi take Turmoil 3 Misfortune 3
absolute madman scales for an absolute madman nation

Well why don't you do it now, buddy?

Well I've been trying since I've posted that. I don't know how soon the Llamaserver website updates but I've tried sending this file about 4 times now and it's not updating

Oh, re cavemen

They can be massed fast avoiding the abysian resource bottleneck, have big fort-crushing strength, and most importantly, they don't get burned to death by hanging out with abysians. Yes, they garbage but it's not like I have a lot of options for 'hordes of fort busting chaff'

Seriously, 5 forts. At 3 months per fort (optimistic) It could be fuckin year 4 before I finish storming that shit, and that's WITH fast fort demolishing times and no setbacks. That's enough time to have to go 'woops sorry elves I know we swore to destroy each other but in the meantime Hinnom has claimed 10 thrones and is competing with berytos for Nephilim so we have to gank the leader or game is over lel'

You are sending the .2h file to [email protected], right?

Yup, also set up that Java app thing do to it as well

>Yup, also set up that Java app thing do to it as well
This might explain some of the inexplicably last minute turns I've been seeing