Playerunknown's Battlegrounds general - /pubg/

Leaderboard reset after new patch edition

>Blue Zone changes
eurogamer.net/articles/2018-01-19-playerunknowns-battlegrounds-testing-blue-zone-changes

>Detailed map of Erangel/Miramar with loot highlighted
pubgmap.io/

>Flight path calculator
planepath.net/

>Player and weapon stats
pubg.me/

>More stats
pubgtracker.com/
op.gg

>Discords
discord.gg/jvW4UKw
discord.gg/hJMSTFq

>PUBG Wiki
battlegrounds.gamepedia.com

Other urls found in this thread:

gameskinny.com/oogcz/how-to-tweak-gunshots-and-other-sounds-in-playerunknowns-battlegrounds
youtube.com/watch?v=n4UyyOqDEnY
youtube.com/watch?v=KMSQBQGmJ3M
youtube.com/watch?v=PgHy4iA_HME
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for awp is way too common and miramar is shit

this game is built upon RNG and that blog form is a dumb meme because this game is lefgit full of flaws

>Replay system breaks all old replays whenever the game updates
this is the shittiest, as I wanted to watch a game I WON 5 MINUTES BEFORE THE SERVERS WENT DOWN

better luck next time darlin

Nah, Pubg needs to fix its shit

yeah, I wasn't done masturbating to those yet

This saves the Erangel

i am so fucking sick of being ganked on the bridges

cant take a boat anymore either
if you are rendered on someone's screen they will not stop shooting no matter how far you are

erangel is literally fine, its miramar that needs all the fixing

>Erangel is literally fine
unless the map ends on the bottom island.

I always get out and fight bridge campers and win 80% of the time; keep in mind they're usually bad

Pick one of those bridges. 5 is too many

thats your shortcoming for waiting too long that you cant get a boat/swim

Wait so aside from cheat detection, are the updates going straight to live?

tfw bought 150 of these bad boys at 32 cents each, gonna be watching it rise in conjunction with my dong as I literally quintuple my steam money

Each of these islands needs a guaranteed boat spawn. good loot here most of the time, but I've seen a boat spawn maybe 30% of the time

It doesn't matter how long I wait, it's a complete shitshow

I assume its down for everyone right now?

how long until those are no longer available through the game?

nice patch guys

>erangel is fine

yeah cause running through the massive open flat
fields in the center of the map with no fucking cover is so much fun

>good loot here most of the time

I've almost always found an M16, M4, SKS, or Kar98 there

this shit is dank

Yeah I got that too, what a great fucking game

>having this little game sense

lad just go play fortnite so u can build your own hidey homes

>game sense
>75% of the map is empty fields
yeah i'm the problem sure man

I actually got curious and looked it up, but didn't find anything. Is the desperado crate here to stay? In that case might have fucked himself lmao

>massive open flat
>circles mountains and hills

what did he mean by this?

EU is working at least

lad just play fortnight idk what to say, im not trying to spend a few hours going through your circles to show you how to deal with every spot in those areas you circles

anyone got anything on this?

you stupid mother fucker lmao

just you wait, i'll be making bank when these crates are no longer available and rise to 3 dollars each

>grinding rank

why

It's a goal to work towards. Doesn't really mean shit when half the top 500 uses cheats.

so i got an issue this keeps coming up

10/10 GOTY

What exactly am I looking at here?

new DLC

anyone want to hop on rn?

.36% user back
So can I finally be good now?

>first game since the patch
>last 4
>dude turns on his aimbot and kills everyone
NICE

Threadly reminder to use the form

>no results in reverse search
What hacks do you use?

Threadly reminder to ignore redditors like

>muh reddit
Literal redditors stop trying so hard to fit in

>When you make the Form poster out himself as a redditor, and he'll be deprived of the (You)s he desperately craves

>I go into video game threads to cry about reddit

>Muh muh reddit

>5 (five) gb patch for a few new buildings and roads
BLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE

How many times do I have to explain this to you niggers every patch

>muh muh muh reddit

learn to boat

>Learn to rely on RNG spawns

>get near water
>boat
Damn, RNG is hard.

>get near water
>no boat
RNG is indeed hard

How does it go from such a good arma mod to this pile of crap?
I just played this for the first time and refunded it right away

>played it once (likely with the intent to shit on it)
>it's a pile of crap
Never change Veeky Forums

It's the greatest scam
I Gifted someone lawbreakers, knowing full well it was going to get declined

I actually was a constant player when it was an arma mod, I even streamed the mod often.
I took a break from gaming for a while and came back to find out it was a stand alone and it was a pile of shit on a different engine even.
Who could have guess that an arma mod that went onto be a stand alone was going to be shit? Because I get a sense of deja vu here

Military island is fucking ass for endgame fights, the terrain is pitifully underdeveloped, and since a vast majority of players die getting there it's also boring as shit
Worst endgame circles desu

So lads, I gave Fortnite a honest try with my PUBG mates yesterday

It's just more mellow in general
There's barely any frustration on death in the most cases, unlike pubg where I can't play for more than an hour because I get turbo salty after one dumb move or another. A big part of the lack of frustration is also tied to how quickly you get into a new round, takes like 30 seconds til you're in the air and 30 more to land, compared to pubg taking like 5 fucking minutes
But on the other side there's also much less excitement. We won two games, and it didn't even feel as good as wiping a squad in PUBG; not to mention winning
Building is kinda gay, people who know what they're doing can whip out fortresses in seconds, which is something I don't enjoy. But it opens up some interesting tactical aspects too. SHould probably just be more expensive with a low resource cap, idunno

Shooting is mediocre, sniper rifles and other scoped shit is satisfying, but the random deviation shitshow on other stuff is quite annoying. Still, it's serviceable
The game's much more polished in general, but they had a near finished game to build upon so that helps
So all in all it's a more casual experience than PUBG, as expected, which is a nice change of pace at times

Also there's no midgame drought, you can generally always find players in your vincinity due to how small the circle is and how people can float into every corner of the map, thus survive for longer, as compared to pubg where 50 people die in the 3-4 hotspots in the first three minutes because you can only fly 2km from the flypath for some arcane reason.
Much better pacing than pubg for sure.

how do i make replays into webms because i just had the most bullshit thing happen to me AND I WANT TO KNOW FUCKING EXACTLY WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED

Record with geforce experience or radeon whateverthefuck or any free recording program like OBS
Use webm for retards to turn into webbum- trim to length, resize based on length (something like 1280x720 if below 10 seconds, 960x540 for up to 20, 720xwhatever for above), set limit to 2.95mb, set high quality, set max slices in advanced tab

i'll do it
because honest to god this match had me in fucking flames
i jump with auto akm on a reviving faggot and UNLOAD GOOD 10 ROUNDS INTO HIS TORSO AND HE STILL KILLS ME FIRST WITH HIS SHOTTY
THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THIS GAME

>faggots almost run into house next to mine
>i hear nothing

how do i check if my headphones are correctly set?
because this bullshit happens way too often

gameskinny.com/oogcz/how-to-tweak-gunshots-and-other-sounds-in-playerunknowns-battlegrounds

Not sure how up to date this is but i used the enable loudness equalization option and it helped me pick up footsteps a lot better along with hearing vehicles in the distance. Before i was almost deaf and barely noticed people.

Put headphones on stereo, disable any 3d surround whatever faggotry in your audio driver software
Boost bass levels as last resort
>teammate gets wrecked, then enemies shoot me from his old position
>watch replay
>two fucking enemies running up to his house, opening doors, stomping up his stairs and shooting him in the back, and he didn't hear shot

>used the enable loudness equalization option
>turn this on
>lobby music goes from barely noticeable to decent volume
>while game is still minimized
I am mad.

Just turn lobby music off completely for your own sanity.

I am not mad about the lobby
I am mad about the fact that i played so long at so fucking huge disadvantage

Wow someone else is top 500 here? No screen cap cause on phone but I was top 250 until 6 crashes in a row making me get last place dropped me to 580 :'( after class I'll post my rank

loudness equalization has its drawbacks tho, like blending right/left so you can hear stuff further but ita harder ro tell where its coming from
it also destroys dynamic range which makes everything sound terribly unimmersive
competetive fags will do everything for that microadbantage lmao
kys

>grab boat
>PROFIT!

And you usually find one or two of those guns within the first 4 houses you search.

Especially the island on the bottom has hueg loot density, 4 of the best buildings in the game are there

Guys my friends are forcing me to play this game with them tomorrow night for the first time. It's the only the only game they have any interest in. Can I get a few tips & tricks on how to play the game well?

Follow their lead. Get an AR. Dont go prone if somebody is shooting at you.

Never stay still, especially when looting. Never assume you're safe unless you're in a windowless room. Practice makes perfect. Don't drop at school unless you like being fucked over by RNG.

Avoid making noise, you don't want people knowing where you are
Never stand still, wiggle around when healing and stuff, getting sniper headshot is bad business
Make them drop at some remote location to try out guns and get a feel for their recoil

Are people here interested in the eSports side of PUBG?
Very curious about this since being part of the scene it becomes very obvious that the eSports viewership for PUBG is very low compared to its huge playerbase.

Use 5.56 AR or 9mm smg, easier recoil, pretty much straight down
Drop 1-2km from plane
Stay close to your team
Constantly move and look around
Prone is bad unless behind hard cover
Ctrl + space to tilt bike forward and back midair

The devs need to do a lot more work before it becomes viable for esports. Most obvious things that need to be fixed are vehicle physics and Chinese numba one hackers. Optimization needs a lot of work too.

I play fpp+tpp with some guys on a comp team, right now my duo partner and I are considering entering some tournaments on the competitive discords

youtube.com/watch?v=n4UyyOqDEnY

top kek

>Hidden in a small room
>Somebody spots and rushes me
>He opens the door
>Get killed
>Some other guy overhears us and comes looking for me
>He sees a dead body INSIDE THE DOOR
>Still opens it
>Get killed too

I swear to God, people on this game are braindead. Go me.

Albino videos are far superior.

youtube.com/watch?v=KMSQBQGmJ3M

Most people in the pro scene thinks what holds it back the most is the spectating. It's very laggy, hard to keep track of everythin when there are 16-20teams in competitive games.

Optimiziation could always be better, but if you think about how bad the fps used to be earlier on, the game does run quite smooth now.

In the western world FPP is definitely the most competitive gamemode.
I can highly recommend starting to play in small online tournaments, but don't be discouraged if you get roflstomped, a lot of people will be way ahead of you strategically and probably aimwise aswell. GL user :)

I'm fucking crying.

Albino numba wan

Am I the only one here who plays the Xbone version?

I never hear your explanation, please explain

Are you involved in the competitive scene at all? I have 1k hours so far, and my duo partner has competitive experience in another fps. I have also played with competitive fpp players in squads, but I prefer duos.

Shame he got his second youtube strike due to this video.

youtube.com/watch?v=PgHy4iA_HME

fuck off nazi

>Scan a mile of beach
>No boat
CHAPTER 11 BANKRUPTCY!

Machinima reenactment of Marlon Brando whispering into the camera while sweating his fucking balls off.

>dangit, RNG got me again!