/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Vita3K/Vita3K
gog.com/game/real_myst
github.com/nefarius/ViGEm/wiki/Driver-Installation
microsoft.com/accessories/en-gb/d/xbox-360-controller-for-windows
ryochan7.xyz/ds4windows/test/DriverInstaller_Test_20180131.zip
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

DeSmuME

I'm trying to use the 3do/jaguar Phoenix emulator but can't find a way to play in full screen without distorting the pixels. There doesn't seem any option to integer scale or have some sort of pixel pre scaling with the linear filter like in MAME. It's pretty much either raw unfiltered pixels that look terrible or linear filtered which also look terrible but uniform. There is some shader setting you can select but it doesn't seem to change much. I also tried adjust the renderer mode to the experimental one and played with the sliders to no great effect. This would be a good emulator if I could just get it to display properly.

Thanks guys, it works, 30 fps in menu, is there any good controller scheme or file like PSX2 had?

>Phoenix emulator
Literally Russian malware.

I love my Ryzen 1600!

WatermelonDS

What's the point of making PPSSPP faster when almost every PSP game is locked at 30 with physics tied to framerate?

melonDS is
DEAD
E
A
D

Nah, the dev is just a nutter. He'll come back to reality in a while and progress will resume.

is there a version of citra I can get that doesn't have an installer? I don't want it installing random shit on my pc.

Is it really that hard to notice the "manual download" link right below the installer download?

>What are the unofficial Citra builds (aka the best ones)
>What is Citra Canary
No, there isn't. Go home.

huh? I thought that was the typical automatically start the download instead of have the browser automatically download it

vita emulator when

RPCS2 when?

What is github.com/Vita3K/Vita3K

is there a problem if the emulator is using 100% of the cpu all the time?

In Dolphin and CEMU how does the annoying shader caching work? Do I have to just tolerate the terrible micro stutters in each game that makes new shader caches until they are all saved and until the game runs normally without stutters?

NOW

Its a virus. Better delete yourself to be safe.

I don't get it, cemu says mk8 is running at 60fps but the races feel so fucking slow even at 150cc.

Download the DLC and go 200cc.

Is there a save file I can use to unlock that shit?

are you serious or just memeing? would really like to know, user

No, just download the DLC.

They're called "RPCS3" and "Vita3K".
I'm having a Deja Vu now.
And I also had it yesterday.
And the day before that.
And practically the entire past week.
Seriously fuck you, you fucking retard.
You already know fucking perfectly the fucking answer, so stop fucking asking the exact same shit over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Answering him every thread doesn't help much, either

Is there any way to know if the DLC installed properly? I copied the files over but there doesn't seem to be anything different.

What is the best version of FF7? PSX or PC?

PC, duh. You can even have an endless array of modifications.

holy shit I just entered the matrix

Am I supposed to stare at it and see a hidden picture?

It clearly doesn't really make a difference, so eh.
Copy and pasting my reply to his copy and pasted comment is not gonna kill anyone.

PC.

>holy shit I just entered the matrix
>[Intel GPU]
Jeez user, I wonder why..

>Jeez user, I wonder why..

it actually runs the game just fine. Emulation is 99% CPU and it's fucking stupid developers only target discrete gpus when 99% of them already fucking have an IGPU on their fucking cpu.

Reminder that Windows 10 is absolute shit for emulation

Windows 10 is absolute shit for everything

anyone knows how to stop flickering graphics on rpcs3? i'm playing weeb simulator (persona 5) and it's fucking annoying

hows that angrylion working for you on linux?

Awful, which is why I use Windows

good man

Is CXBX Reloaded dead again?

Emulation is only 99% CPU if you count all generations of emulation.
The latest generations are actually quite reliant on graphics for high level emulation. Supporting the latest and greatest wacky GL/Vulkan/etc functionality for the sake of speed and compatibility.
Intel graphics are not nearly as reliable for those wacky newer features as discreet cards. Also not as powerful to begin with, making crazy resolutions and effects harder. So they usually take the back burner.

Good work user, keep posting healthy elves.

>being a retard

This is a quality response.

Keep up the good work, /emugen/.

This is a bait.

>report mooch's schizophrenic abusive rambling
>he gets banned off reddit for 3 days
Heh.

People like that shouldn't have unsupervised Internet access.

So is Vita-tan an elf girl or something? Where did this Vita = elf thing come from?

One user with severe autism and an insatiable love of fat elves.

Best way to play the original myst on w7 64? I tried the ME and it crashed often. Is it more stable with scummvm? Any other options for stability?

just pirate the GOG release of realMyst

pcem

gog.com/game/real_myst
You're welcome.

How do I even get PPSSPP's analog input to work with a keyboard?

>emulating without a gamepad
lmao

Hello /emugen/, not sure if this is the best place to post this but I need help I'm not sure where to find it.

I use a PS3 controller in emulators to play my games, I use the SCP Driver Package to make the controller work with my PC, today I decided to try and see if a could connect my controller to my phone using the SixAxis app, pairing my controller with the Sixaxis Pair Tool on my PC, worked great, set it up on emulators, everything seemed good, until I tried plugging my controller back into my PC, now the controller isn't even being achknowledged as being plugged in by the SCP Drivers. Windows makes a sounds when I plug the controller in, but SCP program doesn't.

I haven't tried too many things yet because I'm not sure what to try, but I have tried using different USB ports, and I have tried using the SCP Clean Wipe application, and reinstalling using the SCP Driver Installer, but it still won't recognize my device. Obviously I've tried restarting my PC and my Phone. My PS3 controllers are official.

Am I retarded? How can I fix this? Bonus points if I am able to easily switch from using the controller on my Phone to using it on my PC.
Any help given would be appreciated.

fucking gross. put down the fork kid.

bluetooth on android should just work.
scp-drivers: reinstall windows and report back

Is it still linked to your phone? Try disabling bluetooth on that.

It still doesn't work if bluetooth is disabled, nor does it work if phone is switched off.
My PS3 controller is physically plugged into my PC if that makes any difference.

You could try that fireshock+vigem thing instead of SCP.

I'll give that a go, are they needed to be used together?

I installed them both anyway because I don't know what I'm doing and can't be bothered doing 2 minutes of research.
It seems to work so far, anyway to make it emulate an Xbox controller so that I play games that only work with Xbox controller with it?

That's what vigem does, supposedly.

I'll try find out how to activate it then.

Fireshock is dinput (old games, emulators), vigem is xinput (new games)..

Seems I'm retarded, I can't figure out how to get Vigem to work, I installed it via these instructions: github.com/nefarius/ViGEm/wiki/Driver-Installation

But now what? I've tried restarting my computer, it still just saying that there is a PS3 controller, no Xbox controller, I've tried googling but it seems there is not much documentation on this program.

Have you tried actually using any programs with it?

Yes I've tried, Dolphin, RetroArch and Dark Souls

Oh wait. Derp.
Do you even have 3shitty drivers installed?
microsoft.com/accessories/en-gb/d/xbox-360-controller-for-windows

ryochan7.xyz/ds4windows/test/DriverInstaller_Test_20180131.zip

I'd assume I have them, I think they were needed for SCP Drivers, but I will install them when I get the oppertunity.

I'll try that out later as well

I've got to go right now, I'll be back in a few hours, so I won't be able to try anything until I come back.

Ayyy

reset the ds3 using the pinhole in the back

lmao

LMAO

Did anyone try Xenoblade on the last cemu version?

They better fucking fixed the audio and texture issues.

Fucking botw niggers.

bump

why does scanning a directory in retroarch work with no-intro genesis roms but not no-intro snes? They're from the exact same collection off archive.org but only genesis shows up in the menu.

Scan in one game manually, and then try scanning the folder again.

scanning individually doesn't do anything either.

Nothing shows up in the folder when you click 'scan file'?

no, all the games are there. I just click scan file and it says it scanned it but nothing shows up in the xmb

fuck none of the other consoles add to the xmb, only genesis.

Looks like you're selecting a file to run.
Doesn't scanning shit only add it all to the playlist?

no that is the scan file menu

Oh derp, okay.

one that works

Unzip your roms, retard.

why?

I think scanning roms only works after you've downloaded a core that will play them, that's what screwed with me anyway

ok that works

playing Hi-Res Adventure #0: Mission Asteroid with ScummVM in RA and the output before shaders is already scaled 2x nearest. I imagine that's just how it worked on a real Apple II, but how do I blend this dithering now? Or does prescaling mean the dithering wouldn't blend even on real hardware?

forgot pic

You could actually use the 'stock' scaler with nearest 0.5x scale before the un-dithering shader.
To do that you have to manually edit a shader preset file and change the scale_x0 and scale_y0 lines.

Also, this is also how you could add SSAA with hardware rendered cores before passing on something like a CRT shader. Just with linear instead of nearest.

I'm trying to play Sakura Wars 2 (Dreamcast version), but for some reason all the backdrops are missing in NullDC. There are present in DEmul, but that stutters and garbles sound for me. I've fiddled around a bit with the PowerVR settings and can't seem to fix it. Alternatively, if I could figure out how to stop DCEmul from stuttering and garbling the sound, I'd use that if I have to. The smooth blending in NullDC that isn't in DEmul keeps me from wanting to use DEmul anyway due to my graphic-based autism.

Any ideas as to how to fix either of these problems?