EVE Online General - /eog/

Permalink: orph.link/eog

>Can I make enough ISK for PLEXing?
Actually, training 5M of a selection of 20M SP is F2P now, as is playing with the skills listed here:
community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/clone-states-the-next-steps/

>I just started, what should I do?
Do the Opportunities then find the Career Agents & run all of their missions. They give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp.

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No.

>Read the (outdated) /eog/ pastebin:
pastebin.com/JGKUEsZy

Currently:
>EVE Online: Arms Race
>updated F2P
>Daily Alpha Injectors
updates.eveonline.com/

Past:
>EVE Online: Lifeblood:
updates.eveonline.com/date/2017-10-24/
>Alpha ships re-balanced.. minigames, moonmining, refineries, and more!
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid, pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true).

>previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

eve-scout.com/
wiki.eveuniversity.org/Catalyst/Fittings
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

how much did you mine for free today?

>Didn't even play today
Would've been doing WH explo and faction warfare, otherwise.

I logged on to update my industry queues and check that I made a couple billion in sales, then logged off.

>if he cant warp, he cant escape.
it only requires single digit capacitor value to initiate warp, no?

Redpill me on the Oracle. How does it go for level 3 mission running?

Not very well at all. Large guns don't track frigates and the amarr drone ships are all around better for missions. That said, why not fly a stratios?

>That said, why not fly a stratios
It doesn't look as cool

1v1 me at 4-4 undock, faggot. Right now.

DRAKE!

About to resub, kill some faggots in re,
thinking about doing a procurer alt as well can I end up paying for my sub with skill extracting

>"our missiles will blot out the sun."

>how much did you mine for free today?
That's a high level of stupidity

A corpmate just lost half a billion in a t1 industrial at a market hub. Now the CEO is 'reminding' everyone that t1 industrials are suicidal. I've never been ganked in 2 years and I've only ever ran t1's through the hubs. Am I lucky or are people dumb?

>tfw low level basic exploration Frigate deep in null sec with full loot trying to reach home
>without a cloak because Alpha

Wish me luck bois.

depends if you have instant undocks or not

check eve-scout.com/ if any thera connections are nearby

otherwise try to find a wormhole that is not dangerous or deadly. that guarantees you a c1-c3 wormhole, which in turn are guaranteed to have a static connection to high/low/null (more than likely empire space, null statics are much more rare)

Shared with the corp and everything

bump

>drake XD
kys

hurricane +1M/-1L

I never thought I'd miss the drake fleets. Current fleet meta is shit.

No u

Nothing is inherently dangerous or safe (in high sec at least), rather it depends on the way you fly it.

Instant undocks, no autopilot and cargo value that's appropriate for your tank and you are basically safe in the sense that you are unprofitable target. Hauling 500M in T1 (probably untanked) makes you a profitable target which significantly increases your risk of dying

The value of your cargo is very important, for example one of these days I found freighter that was 2000 km away from a station undock just chugging along as the owner was clearly afk. I had time to switch to a frigate, burn to it, scan it with cargo and ship scanners. His cargo wasn't worth the hulls I would have had to spend to kill it so I left it alone. If it was even 90% of the hull value I would have probably gone on it for the killmail and to piss the guy off but as it was it wasn't worth it for me.

>tfw you hail billions worth in an ecm fitted t1 industrial and still havent been fucked
I think that guy's corp mate is just fucking retarded.

It's not guaranteed to happen, it just makes it more likely.
There will always be situations where people choose not to kill you because your value is too low like the freighter friend from my post

>not having a webber alt

>tfw you haul billions worth in an ecm fitted t1 industrial and still havent been fucked
t. hungry tornado pilot

honestly I had to I couldn't use any freighters at the time.

Only ever had CODE try to suicide gank me when im in high sec, but that was while i was in some mining barge and the police slapped them on the wrist. He did then try talking shit in local to get a rise but its not nice to pick on kids with learning difficulties so I just watched as the locals called him names, then the poor fella left.

H-how'd I do?

Looks autistic enough

lol, how so?

disgust?

not quite, she looks like the kinda woman that'd eat pucci and diq

that's...what I was going for lol

"captain if you dont turn this ship around imma eatcha asshole"
"do it you nancy!"

Subtract out "da hood rat" aspect and then sure, that.

She's kinda for baiting thirsty nerds into throwing isk at her face being a "new player".

Not begging btw. Asking noobish questions about fits then when somebody suggests a fit. "Oh I wish I could fit that, I don't have that kinda isk :(" people will just throw iskes at you. Already got 100 mil and somebody literally gave me a Sunesis fitted once. I should feel bad but if they are gonna think with their dicks and not their brains its not my problem.

While that may be the case in some instances I guarantee you not all. Since Eve is, in some ways, generally pretty hostile to new players, it is common for veteran players to do that for newer players regardless of sex. I, for example, once blew up an explorer and he then convoed me. I accepted, expecting the salt to start flowing, but was instead greeted with "Wow, nice job, I didn't even see you coming." I then explained stealth bombers to him, gave him some tips on spotting possible cov ops threats using d-scan to look for probes that weren't his, and gave him the money to replace his ship and the loot he lost, despite both of us being male.

That has been the case about 60-70% of the time. In those cases I turn away the cash. I don't want to take someones earned isk who is just trying to help the playerbase. The idiots I get are actually flirting with me. I have no issues taking their cash. Also playing as a "noob" you actually do learn some stuff that you either forgot or didn't know.

>Minmatar

>Imperium

>change your internet spaceship coalition name to something less edgy so you can sell your members to some shitty b-tier money grab game

>SP Farms

** Damage types ***
Guristas - Kinetic
Serpentis - Thermal
Blood Raider - EM
Sansha's Nation - EM
Angel Cartel - Explosive
Minmatar Fleet - Explosive
Amarr Navy - EM
Mercenary - Thermal
CONCORD - Kinetic
Caldari State - Kinetic
Mordu's Legion - Kinetic
Rogue Drones - Thermal
Sleepers - Kinetic
Gallente Federat - Kinetic
Thukker Tribe - Thermal

** Damage types ***
(you) - Anal

jaguar nerf when

'Citadella' 100mm Steel Plates

Any null corps you anons recommend?

Goonswarm

stOP STEALING MY ANOMALIES YOU KEKS RRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

no

Am I correct in assuming Incursions are pretty much late game content?

>late game

you got 1.5 bil lying around you can do them as an alpha pilot.

>he doesn't piss off his entire alliance by multiboxing vnis
shiggy diggy

Who is using screen scraping here ?

There is no such thing as endgame content in EVE online.
Incursions were supposed to be something similar, but the people in charge of the game don't understand it enough to make something like that happen.

No they're not. You can get into them early, and they do not produce 'end-game' funds.

>staying in high sec, in my own empire, doing missions and comfy roleplaying
>never died except for 1 forced suicide career agent mission
>get alot of skills and isk before even considering broading my horizons for low sec

You edgy try hards will never know this beautiful feel. Mmmm.

why are caldari ship so retarded?

for people claiming to be efficient their designs look nonsensical

>Caracal
>Cerberus
>Osprey Navy
>Basilisk
>Ferox

you're right desu

They are more or less the highest tier of activity in the security mission line of activities (though they aren't technically a security mission but more of a natural final step)
Incursions are pretty much as "end game" as they come but then again the concept of end game doesn't really apply.

Imagine how stupid an average human is
Then realize half the people are below that
Then realize what a bunch of clowns play this game
You now have a Caldari pilot

PSA: Trade Hub baiters are cancer

PSA: Water is wet

alright I got fucked going into my first wormhole
can I just sell their location or soemtihng next time?

You take that back!

>all my out of game friends that played eve quit years ago
>everyone i knew in game has long ago quit as well
>tfw meet 2 new bros today while ratting and we shoot the shit for hours
>notification: added as contact

Selling wormhole locations isn't really as much of a thing as you'd think it would be because they move around so often.

Short answer: no

Prove it

alright time to add wormhole to my list of things to ignore then I guess

You just got unlucky. Most wormholes, especially C1-3s that aren't connected to highsec, are abandoned. Did you enter from highsec? If so, don't do that next time. Highsec wormholes get the most traffic.

>I can't sell this wormhole location, so I'm going to write off the concept of wormholes entirely despite any other content they provide

Don't ignore them, eve mail the guy next time. if people eve mail me salt when they die in a wh i ignore them for being idiots, if they say gg or are relaxed about it then I'll usually pay for their shit, especially if theyre just an explorer. I don't like discouraging people from wormholes so like to make sure they can jump right back into the next one.
They have a lot to offer but its called spooky space for a reason.

PSA: Afterburner DPS is 5km/s is basically just water but that's fine to be farmed

t. real life warp and shielding engineer

yes, ok thanks

>eve threads on /v/

>posting on a Vietnamese cross-stitching website

>posting on a gallente-sleeper cross breeding website

>posting on an amarrian target painting forum

>They actually think Eve is "pay2win."
kek

zealot nerf when

Hello /eog/, noob alpha player coming through. I did the tutorial and career agents, now I'm doing the Sisters of Eve epic arc.

My question is: can I get through the entire quest with a Catalyst fitted with the "Epic Arc Dagan Killer" fitting here: wiki.eveuniversity.org/Catalyst/Fittings ? Pic related. I swapped out the "Micro Auxilliary Power Core" with another "Small Inefficient Armor Repairer" in case I need it.

I did the "Burning Down the Hive" quest which people seem to say is very hard, but I got through it without much trouble, with my armor repairers' help.

>Random newbie convos me
>End up giving him a lot of advice and introducing him to a bunch of different mechanics
>"Wow, you really helped me a lot, thanks."
>RandomNewbie has deposited 5m isk into your account
Adorable

I'd suggest replacing it with another mag field stab if you can fit it. Dagan is tough not because of the damage he outputs (actually if you're orbitting him at 500m in a destroyer he should barely be hitting you at all) but because of his massive tank which you need good dps to break.

I see, thanks. I'll do that when I get to that mission.

Could this fitting take care of the Kritsan Parthus guy?

Yeah, should be fine. But if for some reason you do have trouble with dagan don't be afraid to ask local for help. It's often filled with people in the same position who could probably help you as much as you can help them.

You should be fine. Just burn to him with your AB on, orbit him at 500m, then melt him down.

Alright, thanks for the tips guys.

Also, after I finish this epic arc, I want to join a player-run corp and play with real people.

Does anyone know of any player-run corps that meet the following criteria?
>noob-friendly
>do both pvp and money-making stuff
>don't require you to talk on mic (listening in is perfectly fine though)

Pretty much any of the nullsec power blocks (Goons, Panfam, Brave, etc.) will have "newbie-focused" corps where they put their new recruits, give them free shit, and educate them. The "culture" of them is what differs most heavily so I'd advise looking into the social aspects of a variety of them and finding one which appeals to you.

>>don't require you to talk on mic
why

That's a great idea, I will look into joining one of those after finishing the epic arc.

It just makes me uncomfortable and I'm not good at smalltalk and holding a conversation.

>saw u in the help channel jw if u wanted some one on one help
hmmmm

How do people know the value of what you're hauling before they kill you?