/dbfzg/ - Dragon Ball FighterZ General

"Learn how to make new generals, fartknockers." edition.

old thread >Basic mechanics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1rrh_EWca6MB1WUZfjIZ97LYhYspshivHjM352KmZ4g4/edit?usp=sharing

>PS4 and Xbox controls:
i.imgur.com/FmZtlvQ.jpg

>PC system requirements:
i.imgur.com/Qh9Ie78.jpg

>Characters moves and statistics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1G2SSi3eNI9aqekrhRyEOcEp-fnaoh68bO4NF6vlMfQw/edit?usp=sharing

>All assists:
docs.google.com/document/d/1Qgi3z7NDatc5vv6eJvA0xzJsyeND8eMIAxUsNZuVpmM/edit

>How to unlock Android 21 and SSGSS Goku and Vegeta:
shoryuken.com/2018/01/23/heres-how-to-unlock-ssgss-goku-ssgss-vegeta-and-android-21-in-dragon-ball-fighterz/

>Prima guide:
primagames.com/games/dragon-ball-fighterz/coverage/dragon-ball-fighterz-guide

>CouchWarriors guide:
couchwarriors.org/welcome-to-dragonball-fighterz-a-beginners-guide/

>Semi-universal combo route:
youtube.com/watch?v=vYmaCnSgqGA

>Numeric Notation Sheet:
i.imgur.com/CsTcCQJ.jpg

>Glossary:
shoryuken.com/glossary/

>[un]Official Anime Music Pack:
mega.nz/#!LIFSwCLY!v-23eKhCAONXjoty_8AitMefS54iVlLBc9-5gLdeVlU

I was just about to make a new thread. Thanks user

>Que up against el blanco gohan
>Lose the first footsey fight
>First guy is already dead due el blanco gohan 50 combo reset

Nerfs when?

>Beat the shit out of everyone online with Hit
>SonicFag suddenly plays Hit
>Start seeing other Hit players online
>They don't even stance cancel their unsafe normals

Has anyone actually seen Shenron in a real match?
I'm curious what % of games he gets summoned in
Like, 0.1 maybe?

I'm 150 games in and I never even got the 7th dragonball

The conditions of hitting multiple of 7 is literally impossible without auto combos

how did you get the model to actually look decent? psk import script in blender seems a bit bugged, many unwanted edges. the rig is there but you'd have to correct all the angles and i didn't look at any groupings. didn't even try applying texture because it's past 2am now

Im still looking for some good Hit BnB from someone who understands notations.

Fuck you 18 and gotenks players, nothing but smoke and gimmicks, fuckin 4 on 3 free assist nonsense having bitch combined with the Tasmanian devil unseeable auto combo on steroids

a surefire way to guarantee yourself NO rematches is playing these two

who do you guys 1 and done on

I've gotten the 7th ball in practice. It takes 2 DHCs though

How do you effectively dragon rush after a combo?
I'm only able to do it half the time while the other half is them reseting and my model just going through the charcter

show me some teen Gohan combos

Hit just intimidates me with his normal punching animation alone. I've been learning defense, but Hit simply throws me off

I can normally confirm a dragon rush after a wall bounce

I forgot yamcha
>weakest character in the series
>fastest character in the game

Oh shit that's actually a good idea
I've been just trying to do it at the end of a string

t. goku/vegeta/black player

twitch tv/leveluplive

WNF happening here. There's an Android 21 slut sitting in the back

No one unless they are lagging because I'm not a shitter

I really should have caught a replay because it was some seriously insane stuff.
That same match I did 18's Level 1 and immediately after it teleported me (as if it was part of an autocombo, my fingers were nowhere near M+H while the animation was playing).
Only it teleported me in FRONT of 16 (he was on the right corner of the blast and got knocked back, it put me in the left corner of the blast, if that makes sense) right in time for him to grab me and suicide.

It was fucking nutty, I'm gonna take a look at Joy2Key and maybe clarify the game chache. My buttons in-game look fine and this only really started after I used Big Picture Mode the other day, so maybe something got screwy between the stick, Joy2Key, Steam, and the game itself.

Wouldn't be the first time something odd happened with that, I set my stick up on Day 1 only for my directions to have to be re-mapped from Stick1, Stick 2, etc. to POV1, POV2, etc. for seemingly no reason. Just stopped working.

S'weird.

I got it 3 times in 200 matches.
All 3 times I was against someone mashing autocombo the entire match, so I stopped using meter and tried really fucking hard to get the wish.
It actually made those matches kinda intense.

>run out of options
>unga
>it works
well i'll be damned

Don't worry here is a tip for playing against Hit from myself, he has only 1 low and is like 1000 frames startup, the only way to use it is with an assist covering your ass

If you ever play against him don't even bother crouch blocking most of the time

This alone will help you against 90% of the retards out there picking him because he is trendy, however it doesn't cover frametraps, side mixups or using the unblockable once you get conditioned to block

Should I get a fight pad? I'm currently using a dualshock 3 and I'm wondering if fight pads have better dpads for this sort of game.

All honest characters

That does sound weird
If the game had rollback netcode I'd blame crazy lag or something, but I don't think delay would cause that

>get dominated first match
>Get mad and dominate the second match
>Run out of steam and lose the third match

How do I stop my fingers from going too fast and dragon rushing instead of supers
I'm fine if it's backwards shoryuken but forwards if I'm angsty I always throw out a dragon rush instead and get fucking bodied
Like I have to actively punch my thigh so that I can slow down my inputs and effectively throw forward supers

I wonder whose idea was it to make 21 pretty much act like a she's getting something akin to sexual pleasure when she eats people or feels the desire to eat people her lines sound lewd as hell when she's really in the zone and when she really loses it she sounds like she's in the mist of an orgasm and then there's the face she made when she ate Cell

>There's an Android 21 slut sitting in the back
damn she ugly

When he starts moving around and dashing, I neutral jump overhead for a combo most of the time. I haven't played a really good hit yet though

>I really should have caught a replay
Go to the replay channel, then you can press right and switch to My Channel, it will list most of your played matches and you can save them locally too

Now go watch how much of a retard you are with inputs on

>who do you guys 1 and done on
Anyone who's really obviously smurfing. I'm an admitted shitter who's a single notch above mashers, I'm not gonna play along with high-play faggots who are good enough to blow the fuck out of scrubs like me but can't hack it with people their own skill level.

Don't be a bitch dude
Some of my best fights have been with people who have a 90% win rate and dominate me

Like it gets my heart doki doki if I can even kill one of their characters

Hey, blame the orange jail, this system is retarded and it forces people to make smurfs.

I got a cheap one for like $20-30; I'm nowhere near good enough at fighters to justify building one or getting a high-end deal, but it gets the job done.

This game does feel like one of the few fighters where a controller would work just as well as a stick, honestly. Depends on preference.

Just practice going slower. It isn't like mortal kombat where you have to spam the inputs, you can time it with the hits and get a rhythm of the combos. I spam the 236 motion over and over then when I hit the ground I hit R1 for the super. In the air is easy though

How do i smurf? is there a way to reset rank? i'm borderline orange and i need to stay out of it to play with my friends but i really wanna play

how do you defeat this

>decide to go for opponents stronger than me

>literattly fought 6 dudes in a row using hit, goku black, and gohan

imma just rank up to super saiyan and be done. Fuck rank. I hope there will be a DLC that will fuck up the tier

That's what I've been doing in practice.
Just the motions over and over but I've only played shooters and shit in the past so it's basically going against all my instincts

Is there like a way to efficiently force yourself to go slower even during the heat of the moment?
I'm getting pretty bad bruises on my thighs

there's something wrong with Yamcha in DBFZ
no way he's supposed to be this good

>Faggots are suddenly crying about Hit
Did i miss something what the fuck happened?

Is this on PS4 or PC? I'm yellow but I haven't played ranked in a minute. Been playing casuals to try out new combos and team synergy.

You're this new to the game and already asking for nerfs?
This is the wrong attitude to have when playing fighting games.

sonicfox was playing him in nlbc

I just encountered that in saiyan rank and the fucker was still super dash spamming, even after eating multiple supers in a row

A lot of people are playing him and he does shit people aren't use to seeing/defending, so a lot of scrubs are getting blown up

>Like it gets my heart doki doki if I can even kill one of their characters
I usually have that mindset when I go up against someone where either of us wins by a hair, but it's so fucking demoralizing when it feels like literally none of your buttons do anything. I got no patience for matches where I can't either have fun or learn something, it's just a waste of time for the both of us.

>Orange Jail
Because there's not enough Oranges or because the system takes 10 minutes to find you one of the 10k people in game at any time to fight?

Because I'd believe either, but smurfing is still wicked lame.

Practice. The more you do it, the more it becomes second nature.

tired of these kids.
i'm not even that good, stop rage quitting.

I'm pretty sure you can't easily make a new save file on steam.
On PS4 you just make another account.
The square color is for all modes not just ranked and the orange jail happens on both versions.

Hold 6

>vegeta/gohan player

EVERYTIME

Lame it out. If he gets in, you die.

Kanye, What you doing on Veeky Forums?

sonicfox was just playing him, also made me realize how fucking retarded his scrossups are , basically free mixup in neutral

No, the game literally puts you in segregation lobbies once you hit orange square, you can't join specific lobbies anymore and it's impossible to play anyone specific.

It's the servers, this game is running off of a microwave with a coat hanger scotch-taped to it.

try and get airborne and super dash since that fucker's probably at maximum unga

>get a into a emote battle with some other guy in a lobby
>shits getting intense and im running out of emotes to throw out cause i havent farmed zeni that much since i havent played much
>get kicked from lobby

shit that was a close one

I honestly wish this game was just a little slower

i get bored, i isolated myself when in album mode so i come and post here with you guys

>The square color is for all modes not just ranked and the orange jail happens on both versions
Fuck, I turned yellow playing my friends. I don't know what to do, I'm just going to hope I don't turn orange any time soon.

That's fucking retarded.
I have marginally more sympathy for smurfs after hearing that.

But anyone who knowingly smurfs but doesn't look for "people stronger than me" is a yooj fagboy.

It didn't help T. Hawk and it won't help him.

Would this game be better if you can teleport out of combo's?

that wouldnt make sense

So for Hit I'm getting used to spacing with my normals and such, but I'm not utilizing his pocket hand stances well enough. I'm finding making space to harass with it hard because of superdash and other gap closing stuff people have. The transition seems too long to use it aggressively though, like I would be better off just using 5M.

Why are some player's name purple when you accept a ranked match request?

so at what ranking do you actually start losing bp? i just started and got to earthling rank without losing any and i only won like 6 matches out of 17

Are you saying if vanish was a combo breaker? I feel like you gain meter too much for that. Combos would be broken over and over and no one would die. Matches are really long already.

That's a glitch supposedly
It does send you to a separate lobby but you're supposed to be able to go back to normal ones as far as I know, it just doesn't work

Super Saiyan here, cant rank up because Android players are too good

yo

should i use my xbox one elite controller or my hori fighting commander? havent played fightan in a while

when you're around 85kbp my loses actually affect me now

It means they rage quit a lot.

I think I'm a few games from super saiyan rank. I would say Frieza rank then. Most people know decent combos and neutral at that time but there is still some super dash spammers that you have to deal with but they aren't as retarded with the spam.

>vanish is plus on block
>impossible to convert into a combo on raw hit
>it's actually probably better to get hit by vanish during pressure and lose a tiny bit of health than take their full mixup and potentially lose a lot

lmao vanish being plus on block is such bullshit
i found out about it a few days ago and got so many hits by just doing vanish > jab
everyone gets hit because it makes no fucking sense for it to be plus.

getting light mashed by a kid buu in the corner, you can literally punish absolutely nothing if you don't have at least 1 bar.
I had to sit eating this long blockstring until I got enough for a vanish

>>it's actually probably better to get hit by vanish during pressure and lose a tiny bit of health than take their full mixup and potentially lose a lot
Not if you play someone good that can link it into a dash 2M into a full combo. You can 2H it if you see it coming though.

Freiza clan player here
Can't rank up because super saiyan players are too good

>Not if you play someone good that can link it into a dash 2M into a full combo.
Raw vanish cannot be comboed. It has to be confirmed out of something.

is there a namek stage and does it summon porunga instead of shenron?

>Characters moves and statistics:
>>>>>>>>>>statistics
there's no frame data or anything actually relevant here.

My fault, I'm thinking of the black combo I have been working on with his 214S vanish.

The rage quitting is making ranked almost unplayable. I have managed to get a single win over the last half hour or so because everyone I beat immediately pulls the plug.

Have doujins of 21 been made yet?

You can't do that off a raw hit, it doesn't wallbounce unless it's in a combo
I'm pretty sure even assists can't pick it up, at least I've never seen it happen even in any of the tournaments I've watched
2H is a decent answer to random fullscreen vanish but doing it as part of a blockstring is just an almost guaranteed pressure reset for 1 bar. If you had an ability that cost a tiny bit of health but ended their pressure and put you at full screen, you'd probably use it every time

This game has too many cool moments in regular fights

>Opponent teleports
>I teleport in reaction and punish

I cum in my pants everytime his happens

Should I cop on PS4 or PC?

>retards keep saying "link" for combos and supers without actually knowing what it means in a fighting game context
fucking casuals

Infinitely yes.
Especially since the game seems to pride itself on being accessible to people who suck at fighters, and a few good BnBs is all it takes to perfect anyone below Namekian.

Fuckin preach it bruther.

I'll never pass Frieza rank at this rate because everytime Im about to win my opponent fucking turns off his ps4.

DONT PLAY RANKED IF YOU CANT TAKE LOSING! IF YOU CANT TAKE THE HEAT GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Actually now I'm hearing it got fixed
Can someone test this? I'm not home
if Veeky Forums even has any orange ranks

Honestly I fucking hate complete titsucking faggots like yourself turn on your microscopic brain for 1/10th of a fraction of a fucking second and figure that out yourself you complete and utter troglodyte

What does link mean? Please enlighten me oh great one.

(you) me next time bitch

Toriyama is a shameless vorefag after Cell, Buu and now 21

This holy fuck
A disconnect should count as 2 losses and give you an embarrassing sign above your head in lobbies after enough of them or something
If your internet is bad enough that you disconnect often enough to get "wrongfully" punished you shouldn't be playing ranked anyway