/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Green throbbing pickle dick
>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/
↳A limited edition Rathalos PS4 Pro has been announced for sale outside of Japan. Check your local retailer for more details.
↳Weapon movesets: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1HocbyuXvCg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pink Rathian and Legiana fought each other for like half the quest. Pink Rath kept getting knocked down too and I got a ton of free true charges

Do I deserve the win

first for faggots

should I grind out the odogaron set or the legiana set? thinking legiana for the increased drops to farm other mons

I had a dream where I was Black Diablos.

Reminder to keep things civil in this thread, had a few bad apples ruin the last one with their /pol/ speak...

For info the HR Urgaan+Lavasioth quest gives you the fireproof mantle

>203817661

Will Khezu have music in World?

Apologize

Post 3 monsters you want to see in the next patch and 3 monsters you never want to see again.

Does Rathalos drop Inferno sac? I know Anja does

lol

mhxx doesn't exist

*sleeps you*

Legsters

So, Can the host just cancel the quest out of nowhere for everyone now, I'm curious about that

Okay lads I found out a couple things about melding decorations.

>1. Yes you can savescum it by uploading your save to PS+ or a USB stick.
>2. The decorations you're getting are completely predetermined, including their order.
>3. Doing a quest does NOT reset the table, but instead advances it by one. For example you meld for 6 decorations (2x 3) and you get A, B, C, X, Y, Z. If you instead do a quest and then meld 3 decorations you will get X, Y and Z and effectively skip over the first three.
>4. If Y is a good gem but X and Z are not you can just meld for two decorations and get only X and Y.

So in other words savescumming is technically possible but with all the close game, back up save, open game, check decorations, advance table and repeat it's going to be really fucking tedious.

Nargacuga, Zinogre, Tigrex

Plessy, Brachy, Rathalos

Great Maccao
Molten Tigrex (i.e regular Tigrex)
Gore Magala

Lavasioth (can they hotfix him out of the fucking game? thanks)
Gravios
Congalala (haha epic fart monkey)

Am I right in thinking that affinity is a reduction of the weapon's damage output? At 670 damage, with -20% affinity, is the weapon actually only at an output of 536?
Or, is it a 20% chance for less damage to be dealt?

>Monsters you want to see
Seltas
Seltas Queen
Lagi
>Monsters you never want to see
I want to see all of them because I enjoy the game.

okey doke

I'm kinda tired of Switch Axe. I'm in HR (just killed Pink Rathian) and it feels like I'm spending most of my time in axe mode against a lot of monsters and just getting a few chops in here and there. If that's how it's gonna be, I'd be better served with a Greatsword with Critical Draw. I might try a nimbler weapon like the Dual Blades or Insect Glaive.

>Bhernastone sells less than the other old world ore
A-team knows.

it's a 20% chance to do 25% less damage. Crits are +/- 25% in MH.

Red dog wrecked snake dog so hard it fell out of the map
For the first time I had to give up on a quest, fuck Capcom

Negitive affinity means you get negetive crits where some hits do less damage

this is a good autism sink for me

>when the monster AI acts perfectly and you're able to release SAED after SAED after SAED nonstop

JUST BE HAPPY WITH YOUR LEGIANA

FUCK WHEN DO I GET THE FOCUS SKILL

See Again:
>Lagiacrus
>Gammoth
>Zinogre

Never Again:
>Plesioth
>Blangonga

>I'm spending most of my time in axe mode
how
why
IG is kinda similar to SA, the gimmick ressource managment is more annoying imo

I have 400h on it

>get to Elder's Recess for the first time
>expedition quest
>see Uragaan
>"This shouldn't be too hard, I've fought him a million times in 3U and P3"
>"If Radobaan was easy, then this should even be easier"
>he is 10 times more aggressive
>lets out 10 times as many bombs
>his chin slams he does after roaring ACTUALLY hurt you now
>he spins around the room 5-6 times every few minutes instead of once every 10 minutes like in previous games

I honestly can't understand people who say that the monsters in this game are dumbed down. In the case of monsters like Rathian and Rathalos, they've had their bullshit removed (no more insta-charges). So I guess that makes them easier. But in general, I feel like the monsters in this game are designed to have much better AI than ever before. The monsters feel just as challenging as ever minus the bullshit in previous games. Kirin in particular is 10 times tougher than before.

Imagine if they introduce Frenzy in MHWG and Uragaan gets frenzied.

>At 670 damage, with -20% affinity, is the weapon actually only at an output of 536?
636 on the average.

XX Was the last good Monster Hunter

>My armour got 11 fire resist
>I can eat for max elemental resist
>Then put on a fire mantle

Gonna facetank a teostra nova and record that shit

New to the franchise.

Maybe it's just my playstyle, but all the weapons other than Great Sword seem kinda... dumb? Like they were an afterthought.

What I mean by that is, the greatsword feels like what the game was designed around. It's so slow that positioning and timing and vital, but the charge attacks mean when you do execute your timing correctly it's highly rewarding.

Whereas trying the long sword, or switch axe, or dual blades, etc, all just feel like you're hitting triangle a lot. Do I just prefer the greatsword, or is there something that's not clicking for me with the other weapons?

I don't think that shit even oneshots anymore if you have upgraded gear

Why is everyone in /mhg/ EU so great to play with?

Remove that fucking Rathalos from the game

Narga, Tigrex, Zinogre

Water and Rock fags

The Great Sword was the OG weapon but you're also a brainlet.

Play DBs vs HR red doggo and see the light.

How do we fix Monster Hunter World G?

Chameleos
Zamtrios
Najarala

Gravios
Glavenus
Lagombi

>Beetlejuice ruins yet another quest for me
I really have to start bringing bully repellent

I know one of the Death Stentch pieces has it. You get those from Sinister Cloths from Tailraider quests

If you had half-decent armor then it didn't even oneshot you outside of the really high level GQs anyway

It never did.

reminder the charge attack is a second gen addition

>Been farming for a rathian ruby for more than a day now.
Who.a... so this is.... the monster hunter experience...

>never have ANY of the materials to forge other weapons
>can't bring myself to grind unrelated stuff for new weapons
Why is this game so stingy? I want to try out DB but I don't have excess materials to make ANY of the DB trees aside from maybe ore and DB needs element/status.

Should I meld this streamsont shard shit?

Sweet, thanks guys.

is the best way to farm decorations from tempered investigations? is this pretty much all i should be doing at HR 30+?

>doing a kill 10 small monsters quest
>hunt a G.Girros and Doggogaron while I'm at it
>suddenly the bomber appears
>alright, I'm gonna take him on too
>5 minutes left and he's not limping yet
>oh well, I'll just go back to small monster slaying
>he starts bombing the small monsters
>I don't get the credit for the kills
WORRY.jpg

Want Brachy, Gore, Shaggy.
Khezu, Gypceros and Gravios can fuck off.

>tfw inlove with this game

What did you name your huntress and palico? Hard to come up with lore friendly names.

Who is the best Monster Hunter fan artist and why is it Kizuki Aruchu?

>huntress

Valfalk, Lavasioth, Gore Magala
Plesioth, Rajang, Rathalos

>tfw spent 30 hours doing fuck all because friend keeps changing weapons and gear and wants to grind to craft for each one
I'm getting burned out.

Any girls there

>his chin slams he does after roaring ACTUALLY hurt you now
They always did.
The only reason he is so hard now is because of his design in the map which allows him to spam his roll. His bombs are still easy as fuck to dodge though. They decided to make him harder and made his Radobaan cousin the easy one.

IS this bullying?

>tfw still not in a squad

help I joined a lobby full of huntresses and they violated me

Which highrank armor set should I make?
Alpha or Beta?

yes, and it's also dangerous for the turtle

Are there any differences between HBGs besides base damage, "special" ammo, and magazine sizes? If not: what the fuck is the point in anything but the base metal or bone lines?

Did it died?

>Barely any sos in HR

Why has it gone down so much?

Is there a way to REALLY know when to capture a monster? I have been trying to capture a few monsters and they literally never even limp. I know the tutorial mentions waiting until they try to limp away, but the last few hunts I start fighting them in one spot and they die in that exact same spot. They never even TRY to limp out, just suddenly die.

>deliver 2 chunk of meat
Uhhhh where the fuck am i supposed to get that?

>Udon-Ya
Outside of the sameface cant be beat
Could use some more variety though

Because the solo shitters haven't made it to HR yet. Only thing there is good solo players and squads.

HIDDEN behind a WALL
I FAILED the quest and went online and it turns out you CAN WALK THROUGH WALLS
I wish they would have fucking EXPLAINED that to me???

hey, hey!
you hit Circle with Lance the majority of the time

Are you fucking serious? All of those things you just mentioned are huge. Some guns only being able to use piercing 1 instead of 3 or not able to use cluster bombs or whatever is fucking huge. Also mag sizes are important for DPS depending on what you are trying to do. Also don't forget recoil. You can have a gun with 999999 ammo in a single mag but if each shot recoils so hard you fall on your ass, mag size is worthless.

>devs hyping up el gigante and kaiju magdaros like crazy
>a dodo, some pissed off dog and a stealth bomber end up being more impressive and memorable

We'll overcome this.

True that. Love how his doujins are mostly dark humor

How do you access the online world rankings for arena quests?
The tutorial says you can compete with hunters around the world and register your times on the leaderboard but when I press triangle in the arena quest selection it only shows my own time

people probably not there yet but even if you do a quest with an unpopular monster and shoot an sos it always fills up very quickly

What's the best HBG line for wyvernheart then?

probably not, but it's stomach probably got hurt, depending on the species

Dodogama is a superior Tetsucabra, which is impressive because it's hard to improve on perfection.

Is katana knight the dude from the MHP2G OP? Why did he change swords tho?

youtube.com/watch?v=1HocbyuXvCg

>I wish they would have fucking EXPLAINED that to me???
They do that on the fucking tutorial mission when you have to push through the vines in the Ancient Forest, you dumbass.

>try to remove eye makeup from female hunter
>now it looks like she got stung by bees
wtf

What in the fug?

pretty sure it's ore because the only other usable slicing HBG is the Todi Kodachi one and it's a Wyvernsnipe.
I think Xeno or whatever has a slice HBG too but it's probably snipe as well.

What are some good skills for dual blades? I've made my way to high rank just kinda winging it, but now I feel like I need to start optimizing my skills a bit. Does that one skill that says it reduces the rate of continuous stamina drain for certain actions also apply to demon mode?

That's your own decision based upon what you want from your gun. Look at the ammo types you most commonly use(or ammo types you want to use but don't because the recoil/reload is too awful) and then find an HBG that uses those ammo types with good affixes that you want for them.

Don't be like 4G and turn the entire late g rank into the same five or so monsters. I swear most of the actually fun content only shows up at all in one or two g1/g2 quests, hated how restrictive the guild quests were since you couldn't even fight 140 versions of every monster you can find in the everwood, most of it was just dusty old shit like basarios or ykk. Investigations seem to include the entire roster right now however so assuming it gets buffed up in a future content expansion it should work out fine

Does having sand in your vagina feel as bad as they make it out to be?

Yeah I think that's a great set, incredible skills! Go for it!

Where the fuck can i find Warped Bone guys? I need it for the Tobi bow