How inevitable was the first world war?

How inevitable was the first world war?

About as inevitable as the Sassanid empire.

the inevitability was in the fact that the countries will fight but not in the fact they all fought at the same time.

>the inevitability was in the fact that the countries will fight but not in the fact they all fought at the same time.
Well I've read that all major powers had plans to go to war.

when the germans decided to unify it was all over

about as inevitable as my boner

When you a have a bunch of retarded alliances and countries that love fucking shit up it's inevitable.

Nice English... NOT

D:

pretty much because mobilization of troops had become much faster by trains and trucks so if the other guy mobilized you had to respond fast and things escalated quickly

As inevitable as Germans fucking everything up.

Not memeing, joking, being ironic, etc.

The Second Reich was bound to start wars until they were eventually destroyed.

Well, the germans were planning to attack Russia as they believed they had a small window of opportunity to fuck their shit up before the russians modernized their army and became a serious threat to them. So war was going to happen one way or another.

wernt the kaiser, czar and king of england all related

yeah they were cousins

What would have happened if Germany abandoned Austria?

This is correct, but its not the same thing as it being germany's fault

If germany had refused to back austria, or if austria had refused to bully serbia, or if russia had refused to mobilize, or if france had declared it wouldnt interfere, then this particular ww1 wouldnt have happened

If Britain had refused to defend belgium then the war might have been over in a year

Literally one hundred percent inevitable. Serbia couldn't stand Austria-Hungary. Austria-Hungary wanted to fuck up Serbia. Russia wouldn't let Austria-Hungary do that.

It could have just been another Balkan war, but the Germans knew that if they ever had to fight the Russians, 1914 was the better time than 1917, so they stuck their fucking noses in and the rest is history.

as inevitable as world war 3 looked in the 50's

that was the main problem of politicians in the great powers

>war is inevitable,why not do it now

especially germany had this problem, it had spend so long planning on a war with russia and france that the notion that maybe that won't happen was inconcievable

and well the reasoning is sound and logical

you know, if I ever have a genie I'd ask to see what a world would look like with the assasination but without the world wars

It was all about the train timetables-once the german troops got on the trains there was no turning back

Look at that ugly bitch, tryin to be Audrey.

You're a fool. OP's girl is pretty fucking fine.

Kys

The moment the dreikaiserbund broke up, and the Franco-Russian entente formed.

as inevitable as me fucking your hot mom before she had you bucko

>brown eyes

go back to spain

>LOOK HOW MUCH I LIKE TO SUCK DICKS

Completely inevitable.

The major European powers had run out of third world countries to expand their colonial empires into, so a major conflict among them was bound to happen sooner or later.

Every war is evitable.