/twg/ - Total War General

Grande Armée Edition

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
pastebin.com/uGj4AUHR
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB

>Total War Three Kingdoms Info
Three Kingdoms Announcement Trailer - youtube.com/watch?v=s4D42vMUSIM&feature=youtu.be
totalwar.com/blog/total-war-three-kingdoms-faq

>Warhammer 2 Info
***Tomb Kings DLC Released***
youtube.com/watch?v=Y7g_sWmmpj4
totalwar.com/blog/tomb-kings-patch-notes

>Thrones of Britannia Info
youtube.com/watch?v=5MUdiBfXo04&feature=youtu.be
totalwar.com/blog/anglo-saxon-unit-rosters
totalwar.com/blog/thrones-britannia-faq

Campaign posting and screenshot sharing encouraged!

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

rockpapershotgun.com/2018/02/01/total-war-saga-thrones-of-britannia-preview/
totalwar.com/blog/britannia-release-date-system-requirements
youtube.com/watch?v=iIA-nhk6Hdk
youtube.com/watch?v=kvEJQFXyW64
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Araby still not announced

How do I fight this one?

Who /preordered Thrones of Britbong/ here

3 POSTS BEFORE THE BUMP LIMIT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

none

That's not a very good drawing and your response is grammatically wrong

Is making new threads before bump limit just the latest episode in the history v fantasy shitpost war?

SURASSSS

It looks like shit. Those unit icons are horrible.

I like them
But honestly I don't pick which Total War I want to play based on the unit cards

G O B L I N S

In everything else, it looks just like Attila.

>This alongside the work that has been done on engine optimisation
oh bby

I did. I dislike the goofy unit cards but i imagine there will be a mod that remedies it

That's exactly what I want though

Why not just play Attila then?

>tfw it won't sell and Thrones of Britannia will be the only Saga title because they chose the most boring setting they could.

>You are stuck and barricaded in your apartment. There is one Clanrat, Ungor, Skink, Zombie and Chaos Marauder (all the lowest infantry in each faction) looking for you outside and trying to get in.
Who would be the hardest for user to defeat? Zombie? You just kick in the head and it falls over?
Ungor? They are not really physically strong. Clanrat with a knife? You can just firmly lock the door and the fucking rat will not get inside.

None of these nerds can handle any of these besides probably the zombie. You are all part of the peasant army from Brettonnia and they get chewed up by slave armies. No, you aren't imperial swordsman.

I doubt most of you guys could handle a couple of feral dogs without a gun, so let's cross off some of these from the list.

Ungor - Is a mutant chaos infused abomination and is stronger then you are, can handle more pain, and has to contend with giant bull-men all the time. You probably couldn't even bantz with him on the same level.
Clanrat - He is NEVER alone, and would probably stab you in the leg with a rusty aids covered knife. If you ever hit the floor it would tear your throat out like a shit covered dog.
Skink - If you can't handle a fucking crocodile, what makes you think you can beat a Skink? They are twice the size and 5 times smarter with its own weapons. You're just more familiar with how scary crocodiles are.
Maurader - He isn't only a chad, he is a chaos-infused murder psycho rapist warrior chad. Honestly, they should the second strongest of the T1 infantry. He will break your door down, fuck you senseless then split you on a telephone pole.

Because I played a whole lot of Attila already

>Hammer & anvil with Pistoliers
>They disperse within two consecutive charges

Normally I'd say corner-camp. That won't work here as AI's got all those archer units.
So I'd just group all your units and charge straight at the beastlord.

Where may I see the unit cards
Google reveals nothing

But you still want more of the same, don't you?

>no new tob info in the op
rockpapershotgun.com/2018/02/01/total-war-saga-thrones-of-britannia-preview/

The hammer is their guns, same as Outriders. Just shoot in their back

Marauders should beat the shit out of Empire Swordsmen

They have run short of ammunition, user
Our baggage train is apparently out of the battlefield

In Steam.

That strengthens my point. You guys would probably get dunked on by a peasant who has spent years hardening his body with manual labor.

Come back, Gook

Sure do
It's just that the new setting and all would be nice you know

Throne of Britannia is a good concept. Muh diversity and muh scope are brainlet shit. A narrow setting with a clear endgame is infinitely superior, see: FotS.

But it's not new. There is even less stuff then in Attila.

Clanrat will gnaw-chew its way in through your wall yes-yes.

>R2 art style unit cards

why can't CA fucking learn

no one giving a shit, LMAO

totalwar.com/blog/britannia-release-date-system-requirements

*than
I wouldn't care if it was a 1:1 Attila reskin with a new map and new units, that's what I want out of it.

>Essex, Sussex, Buttsex
Wow, what an interesting and original setting.

Dear lord it's bad

Even in Medieval 2 you'd be stupid to try to hammer and anvil with Jinetes. I don't know what makes you think it would work here.

Thrones is like living a good life with a new face, or paying for a mod like Third Age was for Med 2 with more support, which I'm ok with,
because Third Age was great and there'll never be a Third Age tier mod for a modern TW
Personally I just want to play as Gaels though, if they cut out Ireland and Scotland and made it Anglo TW I'd be unenthused.

>new units
C'mon, same bearded guys with axes and spears. How is that new?

ToB Campaign Gameplay
youtube.com/watch?v=iIA-nhk6Hdk
>tech tree is just a bunch of linear paths

>third age was great

They are doubling down on that shit. Really

>Troops costing both gold and food to upkeep
>New units recruited at 25% strength - you are mustering men, not recruiting well drilled regiments
>Can't just keep an army of 20 elite units on hand. Need to plan ahead
>Tomb King style unit caps across your empire
>Technology is not a tree, but linked to events and milestones. E.g raising a certain number of troops, building a specific building
>Some form of army supply system - raiding now is required to keep armies in the field
>No agents. Agent functions have been rolled into other mechanics
>Unit recruitment is global: it uses the same pool. No need to send armies ranging to other settlements just to recruit a particular unit
>Barracks/training grounds don't exist. Once a unit is unlocked via technology, you can recruit it in friendly territory or when fortified
>You can enhance buildings in major settlements to unlock upgrades in the minor ones
>Lots of research is unlocked through repetition. Build one unit enough and you'll unlock the next.
>Closest TW has come to feeling like Crusder Kings II, albeit less stats and relationships and less pieces on the board
>All about making every click meaningful. >Hence no agents, no recruitment buildings. You're not wasting time - and armies and generals are hugely important. Losing one hurts.

what ?

>Everyone hypes as Thanquol as a LL they want for Warhammer
>Don't know shit about him since I'm not a fantasyfag
>Read his bio on the wiki that details all the actions he has commited and what has happened to him
>Have a grin on my face the entire
Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with Skaven? The entire thing that I just read was literally pic related over and over again with them fucking each others plans constantly. How is their race not completely extinct by now?

They just took the least interesting part of Attila and made the whole game about it.

My man we've been playing the exact same game for like 10 years now if minuscule differences weren't enough for me I would have dropped this series a decade ago

>units recruit at low health, have to build up over time
>no recruitment buildings, recruitment now global
>no more research, techs now reliant on building units/buildings
>supply mechanic introduced, have to raid when deep in enemy lands
>regions have major/minor settlements: major act like traditional cities, minor are one trick ponies like farming/mining (seems similar to farms in games like s2)
>no more agents
>troops cost gold and food in upkeep
>unit caps

based partyelite dropping some red pills

youtube.com/watch?v=kvEJQFXyW64

What did xir mean by this

green genocide best day of my life

stop posting nu-wojak

Why do they release STUFF like a silent wet shite, I received no notifications

The Giant's Causeway looks like a turd as well, but there's a lot of settlements in Ireland so bery gud :DD

Has anyone ever had a game where the orcs migrated north and took kislev while forming the Orc-Vampire Axis?

>the fucking size of ireland
BREHS

36 euros
I didnt like Atilla, but this seems kinda interesting

stop posting outdated materials

>2018
>pre-ordering anything, especially from SEGA

Good goy. Good good goy

This fucking UI is gonna give me AIDs, it reminds me of Rome 2

CA is trying to murder my hype

And after all that he manage to indirectly unite the entire Skaven race

Refunds are a thing you brainlet
>dude pay 10% more because... uhm.... PREORDER BAD

>mfw Britannia is an improved Attila

And people said the next historical titles won't be dumbed down, lmoa.

we had a bitcoin faggot, didn't we? where is he right now? i want to see him

These are all good ideas. Brittania is a shit setting but at least they are improving the gameplay

>those unit cards

aahahahah what holy shit

>My man we've been playing the exact same game for like 10 years
I've been playing this series for 14 years, and it's the variety of factions what keep me interested.

Nowadays it usually takes a few months for a game to prove whether it's worth it or shite (patches etc.), and after that time the price tag can drop much lower than 10% off

>the UI
FUCK YOU JACK LUSTED YOU SOY NIGGER BASTARD
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAJEEEEEEEEEEEEEFEEEEEEEEEEEEEJGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRERRKKKKKKKKWEWWWWWWWWWWWWW

What's wrong with buying things you want?

Sounds interesting enough, should be interesting.I feel that Thrones of Britannia is a guinea pig

>not buying things I want
kys

>being a waitfag
still using that 660 and not upgrading any time soon huh

WTF?
I love Lusty Jack even more now.

were catapults and siege towers even used in britain at this time?

What?

i unironically didn't mind r2 meme unit cards
but these look like shit and for some reason i thought im looking at modded tww2

> historyfags on suicide watch

No, but if they had to remain accurate to the setting they wouldnt be able to re-use assets from old games

It is turn 5 my dudes and Reikland is united. My troops are preparing for a campaign to reincorporate Marienburg into the Empire and after that the world is our oyster. Assuming no one presents an immediate threat after the Marienburg campaign, a crusade against the Vampire Counts may be in order.

Any advice on how to better develop my economy and military is appreciated.
H/N

S P E A R M A N I I

>Nowadays it usually takes a few months for a game to prove whether it's worth it
Why wait if you can just play it by yourself?

explain

>this fucking shield wall
So they learned nothing...

spears are the pinnacle of warfare. If you don't like them get the fuck out of my thread

>there is ONE clanrat
>but there's more!

Shut the fuck up you retarded lorelet

updated and upvoted

Poorfag roll

>implying i have norsca/wood elves

Histfags are going to be so aggressive when posting their britmanii campaigns.

THE ABSOLUTE FUCKING STATE OF HISTKEKS LMAOOOOO

Arr rook same Total War strike one again.