/mhwg/ Monster Hunter World General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/
↳A limited edition Rathalos PS4 Pro has been announced for sale outside of Japan. Check your local retailer for more details.
↳Weapon movesets: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=43Ndp15mIjw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

point and laugh at this loser

>/mhwg/
enough of this shit

It's bothering me how many people online ignore the cut of tails and the flashing materials on the ground.

From the previous thread:

How the fuck are you supposed to break Vaal Hazak's face? Me and a friend bashed away at it for an entire hunt and we broke literally everything but the face, what the hell.

why is the game so short :(

Game needed more of The Huntsman. The fight against Teo was the coolest part of the story just because you're in this dramatic ass volcano and he's talking about how your strikes speak about who you are, cheering you on against his own dream because he believes in you. It was great. Xeno had the opposite effect for me. Your handler is all "You can do it! No.. WE can do it!" And I was just like "what is one thing she has ever done for me or a hunt?" Maybe if she shouted out even basic tips or something...

>/mhwg/
no

It's bothering me how I only ever get quests with jap shitters.

I've literally soloed entire monsters while they're busy fucking around mining or some shit.

How big of a difference is High elderseal compared to Average?

>game ends with Handler stuffing her face

Did Handler do a single useful thing throughout the story?

>Tfw broke
Okay where the fuck can i get that bandit manlet, please send help

Xeno's tail is so random in how easy it is to slice off. I've cut it off within thirty seconds of the second platform, and I just got done with an SOS where me(IG), LS and GS were hitting the tail whenever we could reach it and we couldn't get the fucking thing off before it died.

>mfw guardpointing a roar into SAED

she reheats the food for you at the camp!

best ranged wep coming through
youtube.com/watch?v=43Ndp15mIjw

Biologist quests
The Rathian+Rathalos quest is the one that unlocks it

>hey let's go hunt a teo
>lol you're on your own tho i'm just gonna sit back and not do anything
Fuck the Huntsman

>everyone in the party puts up mega bombs

Xeno'jiva pissed me off because of that. She literally did NOTHING the ENTIRE GAME. I did all the work, and she's going to take credit for sitting in camp stuffing her fat face.

>high rank kirin
>smartly bring thunderproof mantle and vitality mantle
>literally the only one in the group using them
>nips carting left and right
>fail after getting it to sleep, because one of the nips at half health ran into the cluster of barrel bombs to wyvern fire the face

I wanted to die.

Can someone give me some pointers on getting a freaking Rathalos Ruby? I grinded Azure Rathalos for 5 fucking hours yesterday with no Ruby. I'm up to 21 Rathalos Plates, it's driving me up a wall. I want to get the Azure Rath armor before I fight Nergigante, the Rathalos Ruby isn't available at the Melder either. I even tried an Azure Rath investigation with 2 Silver rewards and one Gold and nothing.

For real, that bitch can even grab a crossbow like that old lady who saves her dumb ass from Odo.

Should I give my brown cutie huntress black or white hair?

Why is there no Human Hunter game?

Locked HR

>Chad XX
>93 large monsters
>tons of quests, G rank, insane replayability with so many styles and arts
>brings back fan favorite villages and npcs

>Virgin World
>31 large monsters, 90% of which are wyverns
>ends at high rank, no transmog so even less reason to hunt and then craft most monsters
>abysmal online system

silver or white

>steal herbivore eggs
>steal first one with ghillie no problem
>fuck waiting till cooldown is ready
>go to the nest
>see kula infront of me, he's just walking into the nest with me chilling not giving a shit about me
>gets into the nest and steals an egg
>apceros start chasing him

Based bro, took the 2nd egg and went to camp not gettin bothered by anyone.

>When your party kills Teostra with 8 mega bombs and the kill screen is just a giant explosion

Someone was saying gem drop rates are 12.5% but I haven't found them to be the case. Can't even get them from shinies anymore.

The shiny drops aren't shiny enough. I often overlook them and if the monster runs away and my scout flies highlight one I have a hard time seeing it. This is especially bad in the Ancient Forest and Coral Highlands.

HR Kirin was such a joke with thunderproof holy shit, why don't more people use the ele mantles

Total noob here with questions about weapons. I'm currently sticking with sword&board but want to branch out to something more versatile. the charge blade looks cool but is it as much as a noob trapeas I think it is?

if your game is so superiour why arent you playing it :^)

Nintenbabbies still this buttblasted
enjoy your monster hunter reskinerations xXXx

>Cart 2 times
>Huntsman still praise me
I don't deserve it

>XX
>Jetpack Dragon Chad

>World
>Glowy Dragon Virgin who doesn't have it's own name before you kill it

>calling other games reskins
>MHW has literally all reskinned wyverns
hmmm

Why is Vaal Hazak so easy?

Elder Recess is the worst in the crystal caves: you can't see shit with the lack of "shine" so seeing the scoutflies indicating there is a mat drop somewhere is like looking for a needle in a haystack

What's the best hammer? Nergs or diablos or zorahs?

Anyone else feel like they could have brought back old monsters and it would've been fine? Newfags wouldn't remember them and we would all enjoy it. instead we got
>deviljho fire bird ripoff
>nargacuga zinogre hybrid
>barroth but a fish
Also why are there so few monsters and WHY IS THE GAME SO SHORT

Charge Blades OP.

Actually, most weapons are pretty OP in World.

Dual Blades, Charge Blade, Hammer, Great Sword, Bow, Heavy Bowgun are all top tier in my opinion.

mhw is using new models while xx is still reusing tri models :^)

Westerners don't want long or challenging games, they just want audiovisual experiences with lots of cutscenes.

When do you unlock a second tool slot? I can't go without my bandit mantle due to the huge money it brings in.

Switch Axe has never been better as well. Shits fucking cash

Would Investigations be my best bet though? I can't seem to get a regular Rathalos investigation with Gold rewards.

I miss the smith loli

Nerg everything.

Anjanath sucks a big limp dick.
I like Tobi, and he comes in at a reasonable time
>barroth but a fish
I don't mind Jyuratodus, because he actually fucking functions like a piscine wyvern should.

Whoever put Plesioth, and all those other piscine wyverns pre-tri and 3Ultimate should've been fucking shot.

Why do people pick the Tobi bow over Rathalos bow? Is it just the paralysis+? Rath has higher attack and affinity with poison instead of paralysis. The only problem is the 240 Fire instead of 270 Thunder, but >element. Rath seems like the better bow, no?

she was the only good part of 4

You should just rack up investigations just buy doing them and picking up tracks/breaking shit off monsters. Investigations are by far your best bet and make sure you use lucky vouchers you can only carry 5 anyway so don't let it stay capped out.

It's not a trap. Charge blade is the best weapon in the game by design to ensure shitters can at least make it through the story. Also, there is no shame in using weapons. If you want to play charge blade, do it!

I can't believe I fucking wasted a Zorah gem on this greatsword. I was so tired of the Anjanath GS that as soon as I finished the quest I went straight to the workshop and crafted it. At least I still have one more. Is that charge blade worth making?

Beat the campaign. Kill Nergigante, and all the other Elder Dragons, then the special Elder Dragon afterwards.

Fire Damage is fucking ass in World. Literally nothing is weak to it except Kirin, and you want to bring Elderseal instead.

Fucking do the sidequests. ALL of them give you something, it's always worth doing them

So.. what are the /mhg/ squads out there right now? Any EU-focused ones? How full are they all?

>Out of reflex from the previous games always pay my meals with points
>I'm completely out of points
HOLY FUCK I DIDN'T EVEN PAY ATTENTION TO HOW MANY POINTS I TOOK I LITERALLY HAVE 275K ZENNY AND I'M HERE JEWING FUCK FUCK FUCK

Tobi and Doom are the two only good bows it seems

Should've spent more time capturing endemic life. I never run out of points.

Just shoot that net at stuff user. You can catch entire swarms of Revoltures or Elegant Coralbirds.

>carved two gems out of a tail
wew

yo user, you running heroics yet?

>everyone complaining about money
>literally never worried about it

The only time money is ever tight in World is if you're not scavenging everything. I literally made it through the entirety of low rank and high rank without visiting the item shop once. The only time money was ever tight was when I went to craft Nergigante's entire set and weapons.

I just sold like 13 Xeno'jiva gems so I'm set for life at this point.

Bow is a noob friendly weapon and it's top tier

>game about elders
>no grandpa
Why.

>No monkeys
>No crabs
>No bugs
>No sneks

I hate world

I have 5 of those, how do I use them? At the Canteen?

Beetlejuice tho.

No, stop exposing MHW!

I really want to make the blast bow because you can inflict blast really fast but I don't wanna do arena.

>Chad Frontier
>~130 large monsters
>tons of quests, infinite replay-ability, content added regularly
>comfy lobbies with people standing around, posting quests, etc
>the only actually hard MH game
>evasion +2 is the maximum iframes possible
>losers like you can't even play it

>Virgin XX
>so easy a toddler could clear up to G rank
>"press buttan for 500 million years of instant recovery cancelling iframes"
>ends at G rank
>monster design is designed to draw in furries
>cant even transmog gunner armor mixed with blademaster armor
>final boss is a fucking seltas

DLC tovarisch :^)

So why are you in this general?

It's not good enough in World to offset the chance of carting. Most of the big sets have anti-synergy with it too, like Nergigante.

But being able to use Heroics with the vitality mantle's second health bar is pretty bullshit.

Guess I asked too late in the last thread, but, which Phial Type is the best for CB? I've been running Impact, but been getting less and less KOs as I hit HR.

Also, are Blast CBs even worth using anymore? I've been running the Dodogama one, and it just doesn't feel right, not like previous gens.

So basically full nerg armor and nerg weapons are the best in the game?

about to solo my blos armor in honor of our missing white monoblos

>No granpa
>No adult Lao
>No Amatsu
>No Yama
>No Chameleos
>No Shaggy
>No Gog

neph, your trip

But arena is fun. Are you worried that you really suck and only get by from overgearing? Man up. Hell, post a room and I'll help you do arena right fucking now.

Money is a joke, hunter points are the problem

So what marks "mid game" versus early/late game?

I have no idea what I should be working towards or what's going to already be outclassed by the time I get to it.

youd think frontier had much more than just 130 at this point.

When you post a quest you can press a button to apply a voucher. They stack with other users vouchers so if you have buddies you can get mega rewards in 1 hunt.

Get fucked user, crafting a shitload of weapons is expensive as fuck. Costs around 30 fucking thousand just to upgrade ONE of my more than 6 fucking Sword and Shields.

user, we've covered this a thousand times, when you have to remake literally everything from scratch at a higher level of detail, the costs are huge. I agree with all those issues you have, but I understand that part of how we got those things in other games was because the devs had the freedom to recycle old content so they could focus time on new shit. This time they could hardly recycle anything.

>running out of points
I'm still low rank, but how? I've eaten before most hunts, and I'm constantly fertiziling (if you know what I mean) and I have 14k.

I'm worried my POS4 won't make it to PC release. Never heard this thing get so loud, then again I use it like once every 6 months

Anyone want to create a lobby?

I'll agree but what the fuck are you using them for?

Once your camps are setup, and you've done the hand ins, you're just buying all the shit the argosy captain brings, and the tailrider safari.

Also if you need points, just go run around Elder Recess and harvest the blue and amber nodes. You get like 90 points per node, and up to like 900 if you're insanely lucky.

Because I already got tired of killing Flying Wyvern #42

after completing xenojiva (final boss of the story) are halfway through the game

Fire is ineffective against half of the roster, and a good part of them are your usual hunting targets (Rath couple, Teo, etc).

On the flipside, Thunder is really good, and the tobi bow is really good at what it does.
You just need 2 bows in this game: tobi and nerg.

i dont think anyone is keeping count, its probably far beyond that if you include HC variants, zeniths, etc

Early game: Drip feed quests starve your progression

Mid game: Just beat Zorah and unlocked HR. The world is your oyster while you grind out pink rath tracks

Late game: elder dragons all day every day.

From my understanding.

Thanks a bunch user, you've given me a bit more hope.

I have an usbfan I plugged into it and have it blast on top

It's less loud and the case does not get hot enough to fry eggs anymore.

exactly why i love world

>heroics isn't good enough
bro its stronger than whatever youre running