/twg/ - Total War General

Danelaw Edition

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
pastebin.com/uGj4AUHR
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB

>Total War Three Kingdoms Info
Three Kingdoms Announcement Trailer - youtube.com/watch?v=s4D42vMUSIM&feature=youtu.be
totalwar.com/blog/total-war-three-kingdoms-faq

>Warhammer 2 Info
Tomb Kings DLC Released
youtube.com/watch?v=Y7g_sWmmpj4
totalwar.com/blog/tomb-kings-patch-notes

>Thrones of Britannia Info
***Release Date April 19th, 2018***
***NEW*** rockpapershotgun.com/2018/02/01/total-war-saga-thrones-of-britannia-preview/
***NEW*** Campaign Features - youtube.com/watch?v=iIA-nhk6Hdk

Campaign posting and screenshot sharing encouraged!

Old Thread

Fantasoy boys not welcome. It's history time again!

second for /twg/ worst general

>CA makes a Three Kingdoms title
>t-the setting is shit!

>CA makes a Vikings Era title
>t-the setting is shit!

>CA makes a 30 Years War title
>t-the setting is shit!

>CA makes a Renaissance title
>t-the setting is shit!

>CA makes a Victorian Era title
>t-the setting is shit!

>CA makes Medieval 3
>HOLY SHIT PRE-ORDERED BASED CA

This guy walks up to your girl and he slaps her ass, wdyd?

This is cool. even better than warhammers lord system

>Man, that GoT show sucks. You should read the books instead, they're so much better

What factions can we even play in Britannia?

Fun fact! His nickname is bluetooth because of his love of blueberries! :D

Oh boy, can't wait to play with all these spearmannii and swordmannii and qiangmannii over the next year...

Daily reminder to turn off that pesky Sharpening Filter

>1 symbol for 3 different traits
Good job

TW: India when??

ah,a trve vnderstander

SSAO?

I wanted an English Civil War game with Cromwell and some pike and shot.

Now they've already used that map for muh VIKANGZ

ugh

>bros the mandatory tech line for Rome has nothing to do with religion!!!11!!

>Imperial Church
>Canonical Law
>Ecclesiastical Jurisdiction
>Divine Right

>Each one gives religious bonuses or new religious buildings while taking away legacy techs
Blow your fucking brains out you dumb redditor and never return

Three Kingdoms and Vikings ARE shit though. The rest would be pretty good.

Vikings are shit, Britain is shit, China is shit.
People just want to take a great European power again and crush the world, its not that hard to understand

anglos are rats

>Mustering
>Gold and Food are needed for troops with supplylines
>not a simple techthree, but new things unlock and specialize with your playstyle
>NO AGENTS, but alternative way to do stuff
>No barracks buildings
>you need to raid enemy territory to give food to your invasions
>Sieges
>Naval battles (someone in youtube say some combined action with land units exist too)
>Formation
>Dismounting units
>Five major group factions with different styles and units: Anglo-Saxon, Danes colonizer, Full Vikings, Welsh, Gaelic.
>Banners and captain return in battle

This is all very good to be honest.

inb4 siege engines using human feces as projectiles

>Captain of the guard
>Bannerman
You don't understand what Bannerman means. Also the North doesn't have these sub-bannermen and lordlings like other provinces do. I've literally never read of any sub-bannerman in northern armies, ever. Just lords and their subjects (captains of the guard, castellans, stewards, etc)
All the other captured northmen are basically lords. Medger Cerwyn was lord of castle Cerwyn, lord Hornwood was a lord, Harrion Karstark was son to a lord.
>bran and rickon are bannerman
They're not, retard. They're Starks, they're not serving under Robb. They're Robb's blood
>how does it make them rout if they fire on their own men
you tell me user, you were saying earlier about what it does to troop's morale :^)

books are always better,series went to shit when it turned fantasy

those are the wicklow mountains and the gaelic language you dumb negroe

>Designated Defecating District as T3 sanitation building

>ToB turns out to shit on everything fantasoys hold dear

it's over

>bringing your autistic argument into a new thread

>the Jews are after me!!! They are trying to destroy my culture!!!
Alright buddy show me all the aqueducts they built then

Pro tip: they fucking didn't build any because they forgot how

What if all humans look like this and we've just never noticed

guys please, stop shitposting

THE STATE OF HISTORY
S
T
A
T
E

O
F

H
I
S
T
O
R
Y

>using same reaction image

That has nothing to do with Christianity you dumb nigger

Books went to shit after GRRM succumbed to dementia, plus they were fantasy all along

HAHAHA

No I'm going to run this thread into the fucking ground and you can't do anything about it

Total War games fucking suck you little faggot

Guys you will be able to play as all factions in Britannia via modding right?

>because they forgot how
more like there wasn't a centralized entity large enough to fund the scale of construction necessary for those types of things, but yes

that is literally what he just fucking said you brainless autist, CA ties it to the religious techs because it gives you progression in one chain (religious buildings) while simulating the regression in the other chain as well

It's ok being illiterate

Maybe CA shouldn't put dumb shit in their game

>medieval
>great European power
1404 not found

>gaelic
>anglo

also it means great meadow

>when you realize Total War died on September 3rd, 2013 and we've just been dancing on the corpse the whole time

yes, although they won't be as fleshed out as the main ones. Same as games like wh/attila that have faction unlockers

I think I'm going to start pretending I'm Chinese on here, I will probably get a lot of (You)s

>that is literally what he just fucking said you brainless autist, CA ties it to the religious techs because it gives you progression in one chain (religious buildings) while simulating the regression in the other chain as well

Except it's fucking retarded and just a means to reinforce ahistorical ideas of the dark ages

It would be more appropriate to remove legacy techs as time goes on, probably at the stages the game hits when fertility goes down to show the passage of time and loss of these techs. Attaching it to the religion techs just shows CA actually thinks Christianity is a major cause to the downfall of Rome.

>supply lines in 878CE barbarland
>historical

Might as well just throw in Romano-British ninjas.

Wow are we getting an actual TW game that is not fantasy buggalooo all my factions are so unique because they use Boars instead of horses xD
Sounds nice

>W-wasn't us
No one even mentioned u

>oh shit

FANTASOYS BTFO

>he doesn't play for Jurassic park

>gaelic autist sperging out cause theres a meme about their precious language

So which faction has the strongest magic in Thrones of Britannia?

Fantasyfag here. ToB looks pretty fucking great TBQHFAMALAMADINGDONG

dude it's literally just progressing through the tech tree take off your fucking tinfoil hat

G A L L O W G L A S S

I am posting this post in honor of the sympathies of the poster who posts in /mbg/ until we get a good three kingdoms total war.

you missed the golden opportunity when 3kangdoms was first announced

welsh have great magic missiles, but Alfred is the best caster in the game w/ the lore of burnt buns

>mfw /mbg/ WISHES they could get a tenth of the amount of news/stuff we've been getting the past couple months alone
>but we shitpost like the ungrateful cunts we are

Truly /twg/ is the worst of all generals

STOP SHITPOSTING I JUST COME HERE BECAUSE I HAVE NO FRIENDS TO TALK ABOUT TOTAL WAR WITH

IT'S THE SAME FUCKING GAME EVERY TIME THE DIFFERENCES ARE MINIMAL

WE

Three Kingdoms Total War will be shit. We need posts in favor of a good China Total War.

It's not just progressing through tech trees mongoloids, it's specifically regarding Christianity

If the loss of legacy techs was applicable to things like loss of territory or internal strife or the passage of time it would make sense and be accurate. Making it linked directly with religion just reinforces false notions about Romes decline being linked to Christianity

It's almost bannerlord season mi lord.

How to fix The Empire?:

>more focus on diplomacy
>get tributes and random gifts from other elector counts
>these are your main income
>your goal is to keep the Empire united
>wars between warring states are meant to be resolved by you by diplomatic actions/show of force/hefty bribes/something with Sigmars Church etc etc
>gain something like "Emperor points" which unlocks different actions, like force states to make peace, attack enemy, confederation etc. Hard to earn
>"weak alone, strong together"-mentality
>its crucial to keep all the states alive and prosperous since chaos invasion will be cranked up by 11 when they arrive

Doable, fun, or just retarded?

That's because christianity is a cancer.

It's worth it just because it pisses off Christfags.

It's just the middle branch of the tech tree that costs money my man

They didn't tie it to the percentage of Christian your empire is, did they?

Why bother when they will never fix it?

Who care. Empire just there to be raided and conquered.

>they made a slógad mechanic
wew

Reminder to enjoy your favorite Total War setting and let others enjoy theirs as well!

Shalom

BRITANNIA!

Yeah I agree with you, it does seem fun.
But it's so ridiculous that the tomb kings get such an amazing tech tree which lets them unlock all these semi-legendary lords while all the Empire gets is fucking Boris (pbuh) even though all the Elector-Counts exist

weeb holocaust when

buddy what do you think happens when you convert to roman paganism

What?

"The Empire" mod literally does most of these

you cuck yourself out of victory

fuck history

Never ever

fuck fantasy

fuck ya'll

Thats because the WE WUZ KANGZ faction is actually cool and not just WE WUZ NAZI GERMANY BUT NOT REALLY BECAUSE THATS RAYYYCIST

at least CA acknowledged that the vanilla factions paled w/ the dlc ones at the end of wh1's life-cycle - its just the wh2 team's fault for botching the integration. Hopefully by the time the series is done w/ whatever ME for wh3 is the empire will have their proper implementation/mechanics

you are going to have to master the art of mobileposting faster than that user

>Nazi Germany

They are very clearly the Holy Roman Empire. Granted that did include Germany, but also most of Europe.

Thank you

As if they'll go back and actually do hard work on the shit from game 1

Especially since game 3 combined map will shrink the Empire down to a single province since they can't seem to manage to have the full map even with only 2 games

/mbg/fags are worse than Veeky Forumsfags. How the fuck do you even maintain general without anyway game STUFF or waifus?

>Being this retarded about history

FANTASOYS EVERYONE

wtf is that Darren's face and they just put hair on it? Maybe he left because they kept motion capturing him

>people actually thing they'll waste time remaking WH1 factions

LOOOL

/twg/ had no waifutards till the fantasoys invaded

>Fantasy History
:thinking:

>If the loss of legacy techs was applicable to things like loss of territory or internal strife or the passage of time it would make sense and be accurate
That would piss off people, because it would just lead to players getting fucked because they didn't build the good stuff before the hidden timer ran out. I mean, Attila, like all total wars, plays fast and loose with history, with Attila himself being a fucking nigh-unkillable demon born out of fucking darkness and despair.