White people have no culture

>white people have no culture
A white girl actually said this to me today, I don't understand how people can actually go around thinking this.

she sounds like a rude bully user

you should be /kind/ to her to try and get her to stop bullying ;-;

It's a mixture of self hatred and a lack of self awareness

Most people can't recognize their own culture because they're immersed

It's not really mean, it's just really fucking stupid

Why does this surprise you? That is literally what is taught in school.

dec rejsis

>Why does this surprise you?
not really surprising, just disappointed, she was a qt and told me she was attracted to me

Cultural Marxism.

Name some aspects of white culture

well user, it is technically an opinion, and everyone's entitled to their opinion

Her socio"logy" professor Chaim Schlomo Cohen Rabinovich Schekelbaum told her so it must be true.

The language she spoke in

She's kind of right. There is no unified "white" culture. There's the European ethnic cultures, and America has regional cultures, like Dixie and New England.

>There is no unified "white" culture
She didn't say there is no "white culture" she said white people have no culture

>"white" culture

There's dozens of them

That's like asking someone to speak "African"

>one culture can be attributed to an entire race

Fucking Americans.

America has regional cultures, like Dixie and New England
>2017
Nice meme

OD'ing on Meth and Heroine

Paying taxes.

Mozart, bach, irish traditional music, riverdancing, Shakespeare, counterpoint (music), etc.

>That is literally what is taught in school
No it's not.
>if I keep repeating it.jpg

Saying white people have no culture is anthropologically backwards because 1) it reinforces the outdated concept of race and 2) it sets westen ("white") culture as the default otherizing non whites.

The electronic device you're using, the clothes you're currently wearing, the architecture style of the building you're in (most likely), the language your speaking, your method of transportation.

Then there's no Asian culture, african culture, middle eastern culture, Muslim culture, Latino culture.

Well, she's right.
There's no white culture or black culture or any kind of culture.

There's american culture, french culture, malian culture, english culture.

How can you say that french and italian's have the same culture?

It's far too diverse to group under one name "white".

Where else did she hear this retarded notion then?

We call it reverse eurocentrism.

of course not, only in a racist system like America are lumped in those castes.

Tumblr? Revleft? It's like saying /pol/ shit is taught in schools.

If someone says "whites have no culture" it implies other races do. Without disclaiming other races don't have culture either the statement "whites have no culture" (alone) is misleading and BS.

Property rights
being able to maintain high trust society
Capatalism
high quality healthcare
just to name a few that a more universal
then we would have to get into different white cultures

As others have stated, she's technically right. There's no such thing as "white," so of course there's not a unified culture. That being being said, I'm sure you're Americans talking about white people in America, and in regard s to that:

This. There's also the issue that lots of American white people actively deny that an American white people culture exists. Besides "redneck and proud" types, most people try to claim some kind of bullshit cultural continuity with whatever ancestry they have (or think they have).

But white Americans definitely have a culture. It's just hard to recognize as distinct by most people because it's so dominant.

That's because "white" (western) culture is the default culture. "Culture" is much more than a blanket term for weird tribal dances and customs (obviously only in which nignogs and the like will outperform whites), it's technically all aspects of life of a determined culture. In this case, the main features of current "white" culture involve a sense of individuality, a strive for creativity and a relative sense of equality and freedom, because of which she's allowed to state dumb shit like that. It beats the culture of the mbupi tribe and its mandatory chieftain fellatio and scrotum sticks, if you ask me.

If you're going to go that route, it's worth pointing out that broad racial categories (White, Black, Hispanic, Asian, Pacific Islander, American Indian, etc.) are very specifically American conceptions. This might blow your mind, but most Hispanics for example generally do not view themselves as 'Hispanic' until they get told that's what they are in the USA. Ditto for whites outside the US. You will find very few Irish, Italians and Russians who fistbump each other over their shared whiteness. They might get along, they might argue over football, but they wouldn't really think to view themselves as 'White' first or foremost.

Of course, in the modern era people with access to media have a concept of racial politics, and what 'Whiteness' infers, but it is again an American export. Neo-nazis outside the US are not pro-White per se, they're just ultra-nationalists (and usually have adopted American neo-nazi slogans and ideology). That's why you can have Jewish neo-nazis in Israel or slavshit neo-nazis in Slavlands.

The only place American-style racial categories were also homegrown are other settler societies -- South Africa, Australia, Canada, NZ, and so on. Although, historically racial politics in these other settler societies were generally less of a primary focus of society, as in the US (South Africa being the one obvious exception).

>WE WUZ COMPOZERS AN SHEEEEITTTT!!

I bet you $500 the average person off the street in Boston or New Orleans or LA wouldn't know the difference between Mozart or Bach if their life depended on it. You could even poll outside a concert hall and it probably wouldn't make a huge difference.

>the main features of current "white" AMERICAN culture
ftfy

>It beats the culture of the mbupi tribe and its mandatory chieftain fellatio and scrotum sticks, if you ask me.
That why we have the term 'cultural bias'. A member of the 'mbupi' tribe also knows that he is better than you because of the mandatory chieftain fellatio and scrotum sticks.

sadly true. so many people at concert halls are just their because "lol old music xd"

>implying white american culture doesn't heavily overlaps is greatly derived from western european culture, etc
>>if you ask me
Also spare me your shitty sociology buzzwords pls thx

If you'd ever been to Europe, you'd realize how different Americans and 'Europeans' really are.

In Russia, everyone (including 'white' Russians) will tell you very specifically that Russia is not 'The West', and they're right.

Yes, that's right.

was she cute?

Not an argument.

>hunting and gathering are cornerstones of our culture, even though nobody does it anymore!

modern culture is pretty much white culture

Fucking weeb shit kys

That's just like, your opinion mang

pretty much what's been adopted all over the globe nowadays due to it's inherent superiority.

It's a move by regressive leftists who cherrypick examples of black culture being adopted or used by whites and push it onto everything

>it's a chibi who's eternally nice to people no matter what episode

>implying nobody plays bach or Mozart anymore
>implying people don't play irish trad music or riverdance anymore
>implying white don't create art, music, etc. Which reflects their cultural heritage

Just because you don't see it on a mass scale doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I didn't know having a skin color is now a valid means for a culture.

>LA
>New Orleans
>white people

This is misunderstood as a self-hating or racist thing by a lot of people, but it's actually the same reasoning as to why "white pride" is racist while "black pride" isn't. Black pride is about being proud of your African heritage and culture because all black people are originally from Africa, which has historically had pretty similar cultures throughout the continent. White people are from different countries in Europe, which all have very different histories and cultures. Saying you are proud of being German is okay because Germany has identifiable, distinct cultural components. Saying you are proud of being white just means you are proud that your skin is white.
White is not a culture because Europe has so many diverse cultures, whereas black culture is a thing because all black cultures draw on similar aesthetics

Nobody in America has culture t.b.h

Stale copy pasta is stale and absurd.

did you ask her why or did you just spill your spaghetti again?

It's fresh if you want it, I just wrote it now

white culture:
>binge drinking
>slaving away for corporations
>listening to Jewish pop music
>fag enabling
>lol Netflix xd :3
>taking credit for what their ancestors have accomplished

She is right, in 2016 whites really do not have a culture.

>which has historically had pretty similar cultures throughout the continent.
Which is why the Rwandan genocide happened right?

>Most people can't recognize their own culture because they're immersed
Pretty much this.

>taking credit for what their ancestors have accomplished

But isn't that the same for all colour based "culture" propagandists? Or do you restrict that to only pale people.

>white people = white Amerifats

Thank god I'm not American. It must suck not being white.

>Africa, which has historically had pretty similar cultures throughout the continent
This is a false assumption.

Not a point.

It's not like it would be any better in the whitest gated-est suburb either.

>which has historically had pretty similar cultures throughout the continent.
Not really. If not intentional bait, this only shows you have no idea what you're talking about.

Again, the concept of 'Black' as it used in the US is an American invention, used to lump and label 'others'. Colonial overseers didn't give a fuck what their slaves home culture, language or religion was, they wanted that bale of cotton picked, and they wanted it yesterday.

Nigger, I'm from Europe
Also
>Russian
>Western European

That's the point, genius. Racial lumping is lazy and crude. Russians are not thumping their chests with racial pride about Rhodesia's independence or Spain destroying Aztecs. But these are things Americans do because "lol white! just like me!"

Yea? Post your national ID card and a timestamp or shut the fuck up.

And who said Western Europe?

>White culture is ultra-diverse
>Black culture is all the same
Very racist of you, mr. anthropologist

>culture = popular culture

Are americans so stupid they cant understand class so they must replace it with race?

I was talking about American culture overlaping with WESTERN European culture and you mentioned Russia as a counter-example you stupid cunt

i think its kind of like how people think they don't have an accent but people who don't sound like them do

Exactly, just because white culture, became the default culture in many parts of the world it doesn't just suddenly dissappear

Torture, cuckolding, slavery

I think it's more that, as a nation of immigrants, class simply was replaced with race.

>Pagan barbarians influenced the Roman empire
>Christianity
>Renaissance & Enlightenment thought

Fuck off

You're Western

Maybe she actually meant to say white people are uncultured, Mr. OP senpai

> post-african repititions
> culture

>anime

Why do you care about what stupid people say? Your sentiment is technically correct, OP, but your whining is /r9k/-tier bullshit. Move on dude. Who fucking cares. This is an academic board not some WN twitter feed.

You think you've got it bad? I got called a "nazi apologist" because I was watching "Women in Gold", that film about the Gustav Klimt painting, and I didn't think the main character was a hero for trying tor remove a painting from a public museum.

Its really annoying how much this kind of Americanized pseudo-fascism is growing. The whole concept of "whiteness" is either used to discriminate against brown people on the right, or to arbitrary silence dissenting white people from even speaking on the left. It's pathetic.

I mean, I don't think of myself as racist or antisemitic, I've got a Jewish name and used to work in a Jewish owned business, where almost all my friends where Jewish and I pretended to be Jewish for brownie points with the owners. Yet if I say something like "I don't agree with this women taking Gustav Klimt out of a public museum" or "I don't support how Israel treats Palestine" suddenly I'm a raging antisemite.

Or many of my friends are Asian, and I grew up around a great deal of Asian people, but if I make an off color joke about the Chinese, or complain about the influx of tuhao, and some blue haired white person who's probably never so much as bothered to have a conversation with a chinese person overhears me, suddenly I'm the next Hitler while they contentedly pat themselves on the back for being "on the right side of history".

And when this turns into backlash against minority communities, who usually aren't even the ones playing the race card over every off hand joke or opinion, like it already has with Trump, those self congratulating white people who caused it all without ever so much as bothering to sit down and get to know one of those brown people they defend so vehemently, will still be patting themselves on the back as they insult the "uneducated working class white voters" for their "racism".

Fuck the American media, it's 100% to blame for this.

>Saying you are proud of being German is okay
Hah no it's not, precisely because Germans are white, you fucking hypocrite

That person from the OP is targeting Euros just as much as Americans.
I am from Europe and whenever an American says "something something white people" how do you think i feel ? "Oh it's ok i have a specific European culture, let's not feel targeted at all :)" ?
No, i feel like those people are insane and would genocide me if given the chance. I never liked identity politics and such but it's precisely because of those people that i endorse "white" pride and white communautarism in general.

You think the average American SJW gives a shit that you're Italian or French or Polish ? Nope, to them we are all "white people" and they hate us with a passion.

No, you said "western", and nothing about "Western European" until you suddenly now claimed otherwise. Are you a liar or just an complete fucking mong? You cannot make a single actual cogent point, but only fling empty insults.

The fact remains that even "WESTERN European culture" varies quite a lot from American. There is some obvious/superficial overlap, but they remain distinct. You clearly have no deep experience of one or the other to be claiming this. In the last 50 years, some nations have heavily 'Americanized' themselves (neoliberal policies, globalization), such as the UK, Germany or Sweden. Even then, perhaps language aside, an American would feel very foreign in such places.

Your level of hostility also suggests you're trying to bludgeon your point across, instead of actually defending it with examples and arguments of your own. Pathetic.

>You claiming to be "European"
GTFO you shit stain neckbeard. Still waiting for that timestamped "European" ID or passport.

Personally yes, I am Western because of my nationality. Russians (for example) will tell you that they are not.

"Western" culture also incorporates black (American, Latino), native american (north and south), at least for the last 500 years.

Frankly, it's not really for NEET armchair historians like you to decide.

you are them

>triggered

That's what bothers me about BLM, for example. They have a valid point about discrimination, dare we even say oppression, against black-skinned people. But they have plunged headlong into sectarian and broad racial category/identity politics.

There are a lot of 'fairweather' supporters who I think generally agree that blacks are unfairly treated, and give their tacit half-assed support for that reason. Liking shit on facebook or nodding along when someone talks about BLM as a kind of virtue signalling.

But at their political core, I think BLM leaders are making a conscious effort to ENFORCE racial categories and police these categories 'members' in their own categories (blacks stay with blacks, white with whites, etc.). I can sort of see where this 'solidarity' mentality arrises from, but I believe it is misplaced and in error. They would prefer to see races as castes, who should remain in their caste, and seem to remain hostile to the cultural cross-pollination that has been happening in America for 500 years.

You can't have a Jewish name unless it's Hebrew, or your parents were Hebrew. By "Jewish" name, I'm assuming you mean a vaguely German or Spanish name. It is (Ashkenazim) Jews who've taken on German names, not the other way around.

You are a sad confused person.

We wuz applies to fallacious history you cock.

How many arias have you composed?

Country/Western Music
Techno Music
Being all sad and shit
Lumbersexuals
Metrosexuals
Hipsters
Having depression but still trying to seem cheerful
Indie Music
Folk Music
Flannel
Goth
Emo
Bullshit like The Secret
"Power Stances" and other psychological sorcery
MBTI/Horoscopes
Qualification Fetishization
Getting weird when you do drugs with them

This really isn't true, culture traces racial lines extremely well. The second best covariant is religion, and it's a distant second.

>white people have no culture
They will soon have no women also.

A lot of these are just fads among small subgroups that are pushed to the forefront by kikes.

Fishes don't notice the water they dwell in

No race has a culture, nations do however.

You act like propaganda isn't a thing