/dbfzg/ - Dragon Ball FighterZ General

"Watch out for bump limit this time, faggots" edition.

old thread >Basic mechanics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1rrh_EWca6MB1WUZfjIZ97LYhYspshivHjM352KmZ4g4/edit?usp=sharing

>PS4 and Xbox controls:
i.imgur.com/FmZtlvQ.jpg (embed)

>PC system requirements:
i.imgur.com/Qh9Ie78.jpg (embed)

>Characters moves and statistics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1G2SSi3eNI9aqekrhRyEOcEp-fnaoh68bO4NF6vlMfQw/edit?usp=sharing

>All assists:
docs.google.com/document/d/1Qgi3z7NDatc5vv6eJvA0xzJsyeND8eMIAxUsNZuVpmM/edit

>How to unlock Android 21 and SSGSS Goku and Vegeta:
shoryuken.com/2018/01/23/heres-how-to-unlock-ssgss-goku-ssgss-vegeta-and-android-21-in-dragon-ball-fighterz/

>Prima guide:
primagames.com/games/dragon-ball-fighterz/coverage/dragon-ball-fighterz-guide

>CouchWarriors guide:
couchwarriors.org/welcome-to-dragonball-fighterz-a-beginners-guide/

>Semi-universal combo route:
[YouTube] [DBFZ] Optimal universal solo combo route for most chars? (No assists, no SB, midscreen) (embed)

>Numeric Notation Sheet:
i.imgur.com/CsTcCQJ.jpg (embed)

>Glossary:
shoryuken.com/glossary/

>[un]Official Anime Music Pack:
mega.nz/#!LIFSwCLY!v-23eKhCAONXjoty_8AitMefS54iVlLBc9-5gLdeVlU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vYmaCnSgqGA
youtube.com/watch?v=CJ56BhxN214
youtube.com/watch?v=vWmPbmjSM18
youtube.com/watch?v=XzxXz4l779A
youtube.com/watch?v=RS5t8vgIkKo
twitch
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for /Hit/ bros

I know you exist

>tfw escaped saibaman hell

>Run into another Ginyu online
>He body switches me and gives me another Ginyu
>I just fuck his shit up with Ginyu

Wish I could have two Ginyus all the time.

Im starting to get a bit worried with the cult fanbase ginyu has

>Finally got the game
>Only won two matches, and they're both by a friend that barely plays fightan and has little to no knowledge of Dragon Ball

how is this even a thing? If you dont leave saibaman rank then that means YOU suck

Welcome to fightans

Where you get your ass kicked a hundred times before kicking ass

OP fucked up the universal combo link lmoa
youtube.com/watch?v=vYmaCnSgqGA
Anyways, as for myself, how do git gud?
What I mean is that I'm not really sure what to do to improve - I'm playing a bunch, sure, but that only really improves that strategies that I even know of now, which aren't optimal I'm still an autocombo scrub.
Also, is there a better sheet for this anime fightan notation? The numbers are easy to understand, as well as L M & H,
but there's a bunch of other letters used that I have no idea of, including in the video above.

plz respond

>SSJ

You don't deserve a reply.

I want to rub that tummy

What's Cell's midscreen go-to combo?

Cell is the best character in this game by far. He has most moves, most normals, multiple overheads, amazing specials, command grab, every beam, free teleports, great assist, great supers, huge damage - literally perfect.

Theres not enough uniqueness to anyone to make a non-Cell pick worthwhile. It's only a matter of what other 2 characters you want.

>you have left the lobby
I thought they fixed this.

t. Baddie

Where are the character portraits to put into a collage?

(1/Vegeta/Any) 2M > 5M > 214L > A1 > 5M > j.LM > jc > j.LM2H~H > j.LLLS > j.2M > vanish > j.LM > jc > j.LM > j.236L - 5535 dmg

Anybody have Gotenks tips?

I'm really not even sure what position to put him in or how you're supposed to play him

>Get disconnected in the middle of ranked match and booted from lobby
>Get back into a lobby, run to queue for a ranked match, get disconnected as soon as I queue
>This happens two more times, it never even has time to search

Should I just give up? I feel really stupid for having bought this now.

>when you see almost nothing but Goku Black, Hit, and Kid Gohan
I thought you fags had better taste than this. I'd even take Vegeta and 21 at this point,

why is my square thingy still white?

>Up to chapter 9 in the first arc of story mode
>Only halfway through the Arc
>Only 20% through the story
Please tell me I can just buy Android 21 I can't take this shit anymore.

Blocked Vegeta/Cell assist - stand dragon rush distance away (account for getting pushed back on block) and L+M timed to when they leave block stun. I've yet to see it not work online. They arent usually mashing as you are just out of range and dont jump as they are waiting for the assist to end.

Lol. Shut it kid.

Why is he sweating?

Only 12 year olds pick those characters though. That or tryhards.

The % is way off as it counts the random meetings and theres like 40 in each arc. You probably only play 3 characters, so only have a couple of the unique conversations done. You are looking at 3 hours per arc.

if you but the season pass you get her
you sure you really wanna pay?

He's nervous. Also not relevant to my question but okay.

You need to play more

I hope you like fighting braindead clones because that's what you'll be doing for the next 2 hours if you're skipping cutscenes.

This.. holy shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=CJ56BhxN214

I'll never get it off online but im still learning it cause its cool af

Is there anything more demoralizing than losing to someone who you know is mashing. And you try to seize the opportunity for offense because this game is about running a train.
But they wakeup mash light or sweep or raw lv 3 that you're forced to be defensive after you successfully get a combo on them.
Then obviously the more you're in blockstun the whole game, the more chances they have to open you up
So the game almost rewards mashers

I honestly wish they added zamasu instead of goku black, he is more of a counter attacker than so straight forward.

Haven't seen a Kid gohan yet

Weird I don't get that but it's probably because I'm not complete trash.
Here's a tip, if you are losing to button mashers you are just as shitty as they are.

Is anchor Tien viable? I wanna make it work but the fact that you don't even get blue health when blowing yourself up kinda ruins it.

No it's not that demoralizing. I've lost more than I won to people who know how to really keep the pressure on. It just means I have to learn to defend better, and be able to do my own good pressuring ( I don't do that at all atm and currently my combos are from good reads or lucky hits instead of from good constant pressure)

Why is she so perfect bros?

Well, I typed up this Raditz bullshit for the last thread in response to him not having a moveset, so I feel compelled to still post it:

there's actually room for an interesting character. I was arguing with another faggot on the steam forums about this (for clarification I am the first faggot) and I actually came up with some decent ideas rather quickly just based off his anime appearance.

first, we've got the classic Double Sunday
youtube.com/watch?v=vWmPbmjSM18
a double beamed projectile attack. definitely room for an interesting twist or some gimmick with that one, like being able to direct the trajectory of one or both of the beams. I believe he also uses a single projectile version of it at some point as well, so the double could be a super perhaps, or just similar to the typical Kamehameha where there's a base version and then the super.

then we have this one, shining friday:
youtube.com/watch?v=XzxXz4l779A
now this one is kind of interesting in that I don't believe we ever see it fully come to fruition in the anime but it appears that Raditz imbues his fist with an energy and is going to strike Gohan with it.

I think this could lead to an pretty interesting special move where, similar to Nappa's saibamen, Raditz would need a moment to imbue himself and require cover of an assist. Once imbued, it could lead to more combo routes or whatever. Lots of potential there.

I think those two things along make the start of an interesting character, the gaps would not be hard to fill in. they have years of video games to work off as well. give him a physical strike, like the knee he delivers to Goku when he takes Gohan.

Does anybody know if the game'll save my story mode completion if I refund this game and buy it again after they fix this? I've been disconnected from matches and lobbies so much that I think my name's starting to change colors like I'm a rage quitter.

Ok bud.

where is the crack

I play Tien as a normal character. It just so happens he has hail mary moves if I need them.
He has a beam assist, decent mixups between his specials and dive kick allows a fast descent. His normals are fast and have decent reach. Something I never see people using is Chiaotzu telekinesis. It may be a worse Buu fat throw but it is still good for pressure and confirms.

>learned some BnB for Black and Vegeta Blue.
>after 4 hours labbing jump into matchmaking
>no one will finish a set with me
I-I just wanted to play good guys ;_;

I wouldn't want to play you either. Everyone plays those characters and I'm not looking for my hundredth Rose/Vegeta match.

PS4 or PC? Because on ps4 it should still worl as long as you have digital or cd. Even if it somehow gets erased theres cloud storage. Im pretty sure steam eill have something similar in your storage settings.

PC. It's probably a wash anyway since I stupidly spent a bunch of time labbing before I tried ranked, so I probably can't get a refund anyway.

I have been having issues occasionally but not that much, are you sure it isn't in your end?
Also, you can just use another profile to get rid of the purple name

B-but they're fun

I've never had this problem with any game before, my internet's stable, like I'm not losing connection to anything else, and I never had any problems with the beta on PS4.

Black and Vegeblue are just dull to fight. When you get hit, yeah just put down the controller while they wail on you for a full 30 seconds, so fun.

Of course you're probably gonna be some smartass who says 'gee just dont get hit r u bad', well I don't actually refuse rematches, ever. Just saying they are dull to fight.

t-thanks man i guess i'll quit the game

I'm at work now but how does the tech timer work in combos? it seemed like at 5k meterless that there was something to prevent infinites.

The other two questions i had were what is the difference in proration between 2l and 5ll for starters? and the other is how do i avoid tien level 3? only seen it from one guy twice and didn't seem like i could sj over it.

Where my cell bros at? Struggling to find an anchor with the cell/vegeta lineup.

Sick as fuck video here
youtube.com/watch?v=RS5t8vgIkKo

Sorry

Yeah, spending 5 minutes to find a connection, 30 seconds for them to accept, another 30 seconds to get past the loading screen, then in the first second that the cinematic intros start playing, "Connection has been lost".

Then you go back to practice mode which runs at half speed at random intervals when matchmaking is turned on, so you can't practice shit.

Heroic Team SS Goku, SS Vegeta, A.Gohan.
Gohan is the character where I'm worse, yet, for some absurd reasons is always him to save my ass. Funny thing, With Goku and Vegeta I know what I'm doing, but with Gohan, absolutely not, especially when I panicked.

His normals are absurdly good. Has anyone already made a video for A.Gohan?

>When you get hit, yeah just put down the controller while they wail on you for a full 30 seconds, so fun.
That's every character you big baby

>finally beat Blue Vegeta on Snake Way hardmode
>"oh well I heard this last fight is even more bullshit than the first time but it can't be THAT bad right"
>drop my combo with Cell but still get some hits in, Black uses his sparking blast literally in the opening seconds of the fight
>AI autocombo
>50% of my bar gone
>WAGA YAIBA
>80% of my health gone
>in the corner
>AI uses his Cell assist
>dead

>In comes my boy Chadhan maybe he can salvage thi-
>AI switches to Buu
>didn't notice that somehow the AI has full meter even though it literally just used a level 1 where the fuck did all that meter come from
>Buu uses level 3
>80% of my bar gone
>Black assist kills the chadhan
>ragequit

yeah fuck this cheating AI, shit is ridiculous someone please remove this from the game thanks

At least the ones that are played at higher levels than Saiyan rank.

No way, these particular characters have notoriously long combos

All I do is hardknockdown into Mini-mime resets. That's all I know

Vegeta Blue and Blacku also share the same inputs to start their air juggles

>"wahh mommy why is the game cheating?"

You realize you are playing ARCADE mode right? ARCADE as in games designed with artificial difficulty to eat quarters. Just because its a console/pc release doesnt mean Arcade has a new definition

Doesn't every character?

With goku or ssb goku it's pretty straightforward, the combos are half as long and you still eat a kamehameha at the end, the damage is pretty similar but it's bearable because you dont have to wait that long to be able to try to fight again

so if 6 supers clash they just get eaten but you get a sick flashy screen?

They're similar. Mostly a variation of L>2M

I have seen long setups even with Goku.

Why does this input the medium version of the move?

Why do people say Nakkiel can beat SonicFox when Nakkiel can't even beat Tatsu?

easily the hardest AI fight in the game

Black just throws out level 3s constantly and both Kid Buu and Black will confirm levels 3s off of anything and they can do them like every 10 seconds because their meter builds so fast
took me several tries to beat it but still got an A rank overall somehow

Should I pick up DBFZ??

But user my team is Vegeta, 16, Freezer.

Because you press M after 236?

Right I just noticed that, the input display is weird

16 bros, what assists are you using? And how do you combo your cross ups? I came up with this shitty combo and it serves me well when I actually get it right in matches, but I think I could do better and have better assists. I like 21 and nappa a lot but I think it's time to change.

Okay, I guess I haven't yet.

>find match
>5 bars
>accept
>no bars

jesus chrisg's doign work on stream. fuckign reflecting iad j.h's and other block strings whenever cornered. reflect going to be bonkers when pros learn blockstrings and common pressure setups, etc as time goes on.

your extention at the end is weak and gives them air tech. instead of going back into air and super finisher, end with 236L for hard knockdown and restart the pressure with iad j.m or other meaties.

They already know pressure blockstrings, it's why they're doing so well.

Against a guy with great pressure there's pretty much nothing you can do except hope to deflect.

no its ok youre right, i already have 20hrs in the game if m losing to mashers i should clearly quit

20h is literally nothing.

20 hours is nothing. You could have spent like 20 hours training your long ass combos and then you go online and find out people arent just gonna stand still and take them

Who are some characters that compliment Nappa well?

how the fuckdo you jump so close to the ground?

What controller are you using, user?

You expect to get good in 20 hours? lol

I see, that does indeed seem better. I'll try using that. Would a beam assist be better at the end as well, user?

airdash

ds4

Alright guys, what dub is the most patrician?
I find the english dub weak in some characters but it's still better than literal women voicing 50yo men.

Sonic running train
twitch
.tv/rayray19wun

why doesn't SSB Goku have a Dramatic Finish with Hit? Why did they make his Dramatic Finish with Hit into a Level 5 that can be used on any body?

>Play with Goku
>My opponent uses Beerus
>it's a balanced fight, but he is clearly stronger and wins.
>Drammatic Finish

Even losing is beautiful at this game.

Its all about the mindset

When you are playing with friends (that is, if you are not a sperg) who know more of the game than you, you get gradually better as you get your ass kicked

But being beaten by literally whos over the internet can be frustrating and your growth will just be pathetic over time

Umm, why not just instant airdash and hit them with a meaty?
The few times you get hit by a raw lvl3 don't matter.
It's much more demoralizing to play against a good player who blocks everything you throw at them and then comes in with actual mixups.