N
K

E D I T I O N

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
pastebin.com/uGj4AUHR
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB

>Total War Three Kingdoms Info
Three Kingdoms Announcement Trailer - youtube.com/watch?v=s4D42vMUSIM&feature=youtu.be
totalwar.com/blog/total-war-three-kingdoms-faq

>Warhammer 2 Info
Tomb Kings DLC Released
youtube.com/watch?v=Y7g_sWmmpj4
totalwar.com/blog/tomb-kings-patch-notes

>Thrones of Britannia Info
***Release Date April 19th, 2018***
***NEW*** rockpapershotgun.com/2018/02/01/total-war-saga-thrones-of-britannia-preview/
***NEW*** Campaign Features - youtube.com/watch?v=iIA-nhk6Hdk

Campaign posting and screenshot sharing encouraged!

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14982636/r
imgur.com/gallery/nQ8Fb
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Remember to vote! strawpoll.me/14982636/r

Who wronged us, /twg/?

This is the ideal Bretonnian knight. You may not like it, but this is what peak chivalry looks like.

Fuck of historyfag, if it's no super cool and magical then idc

repost
Is there even a point in ever recruiting the basic skinks for the Lizardmen? Javalin ones unlock at the same tech and have the same stats.

In fact is there a reason to recruit skinks at all aside from them being cute, in favor of Saurus's

This is the ideal Lizardmen. You may not like it, but this is what the Great Plan looks like

>8

>history picture
FANTASOY BTFO

>fighting dark elves
>early battle against morathi
>one of one hand I have a stack of 16 units while she has only 12
>on the other she has a war hydra that has already reached rank 9 by killing everything in her starting province
>she has a unit of dark riders
>click unit of spearmanni, tell them to attack
>literally immediately after clicking AI cavalry begin running away
>this happens 7 times until I give up and just deal with the rest of the army
It's pretty fucking stupid how the AI is capable of reacting to your army commands before the unit you gave orders to even begins to move, I've noticed this with magic too how they react at impossible speeds.

It's okay autist. You'll be gone again in a day or two

You know what’s really shitting up this general? All the bickering about who to blame for shitting up the general. All of you faggots are insufferable-from the old guard, butthurt historyfags to the MUH SPEARMANII spamming fantasycucks. Just talk about the fucking game, post screens and webm’s, and ignore the shit you don’t like. Not fucking hard in the least.

In the campaign, no. At least not until Tehenhuain is released. In MP, they serve as good chaff and poison speaders

NO. FANTASOYS MUST PAY FOR THEIR CRIMES.

Please just ignore the falseflagging. They only do it because some idiots actually take the bait.

>Ogre Kingdoms still not announced

YOU CANNOT HELP BUT GIVE ME (YOU)S. ROLL SLAVES

>rat posters give the general cancer
t.Kroq

>bluetide got replaced by greentide
BRAVO CA

atleast it makes more sense.

/warhammer general/ when?

/whg/!

Nothing is stopping you from enjoying all TW games in these threads. You don't have to shitpost something you don't enjoy or play. Some anons just choose to be cunts and should be deleted from Veeky Forums because they add literally nothing of value.

You always can fuck off to the Veeky Forums fantasy board. /twg is for Total War fans. Fuck off with your pathetic attempts to divide us.

OH HI VLAD, NICE ARMY YOU GOT THERE

The problem with new TW games is how shallow they are and how they overemphasize minor graphical features over gameplay. Dominions is made by two guys with no budget and art from the early 2000s but it has a deep and complex magic system. Rather than expand mechanics they instead focus on hiring more animators or advanced mocap. I remember a common complaint with warscape was "unit collision" but it was ultimately more irrelevant graphical shit rather than a focus on mechanical depth. TW has become the Battlefield of strategy games but it could be so much more.

The latest DoW seems like shit, no one knows ghotic armada and the rest is niche AF. It would make almost no difference.

Vermintide is pretty good. Blood Bowl and Mordheim are niche as fuck though

Too right.

Also the space marine third person action one was ended because relic bankrupted.

Thoughts on a new mechanics from the Thrones of Britannia?

>why?

Because GW is cancer and doesnt know what vidya is.

The most elite zombies

bb2 is infested with soyboy commie scum

What's a good Wood Elf army composition, friends?
>Orion
>Spellslinger (Life)
>6 Eternal Guard
>6 Waywatchers
>2 Wild Riders (Shields)
>2 Hawk Riders
>1 Forest Dragon
Does this seem okay to you? It still leaves an empty spot and another dragon feels cheap. Is Branchwraith of any use in army if I already have a mage?

>Henrik zu Bissendorf

I haven't paid too much attention but the narrative part is a red flag to me as more linear events but the supply lines sound interesting. In the classic TW games the pacing is completely different. You recruit one unit at a time and it takes 2 turns minimum so mercenaries are actually useful as quick but expensive units.

/ WarHammer General/ !

peace in our time!

D E A T H T O SHIT POSTERS

/whg/ is my final territorial demand!

There are 2 other warhammer generals there as well.

I am descended from French Huguenots who tactically retreated to Denmark when the Catholics started killing them.
What faction best suits me in Thrones of Britannia?

show me your war face /twg/

The sniper archer hero is pretty useful, does good damage to large units and has a net ability.

>about to win a lopsided battle and post my epic k/d ratio to /twg/
>"hehe this should get me lots of upboats" i think to myself as the enemy starts to retreat
>"Our general has fallen:"

I actually love it.

I want to play Tyrion in the Vortex campaign, what should I do differently this time?

I'm thinking of conquering Caledor, Straits of Lothern and Eataine, and then expanding to all the Elven Ports. Become a true maritime empire.

Did you already crusade and destroy Naggarond?

That was my first campaign, yes.

Go help your brother

Fighting the Lizardmen might be fun, I went through my entire first campaign without ever engaging in Lustria or the Southlands. Should I do the conquests I mentioned above, or still attempt to unify Ulthuan?

>spend all your gold on a horse and armour
>steal some peasants pitchfork

Did they make those skull reefs give 10k again, or is it one of my mods that does it? Pretty sure they were nerfed to 3500 at some point

>Unify Ulthuan

Fuck doing that until there's some more elf lords to make it a little more interesting.

True dat. I always just vassalize, and if the DElves take some land and I take it back I reawaken the faction.

Certain factions need more vertical options then horizontal. In all honesty, Tyrion needs a city with 20 slots and no ability to inhabit any other cities except for vasslization on the island of Ulthwan.

That alone would make a High-Elf campaign fucking awesome, and force you to colonize other contentment. You would have to quell civil wars with influence, your high-elf centered agents would be useful for the whole campaign.

*continents

>Helping your nerd brother

>shitpost about druchii in your basement while your brother saves the world

>Anemic brother goes to live in sweaty jungle hellscape full of Mexican frog-people worshiped by Geico lizards

Why do dark elf horses have aids?

Stupid question, is there a mod that fixes autoresolve for dinosaurs? I am having a great time as lizardmen and enjoying fighting lots of battles but if a 20 stack fights a garrison of 5 units it shouldn't lose 4 bastilladons and a carnosaur.

They fuck Witch Elves and get AIDS.

They've next to nothing to eat up in Naggaroth so if I'm not mistaken they're partly sustained by dark magic.

>They've next to nothing to eat up in Naggaroth

>Not feeding your horses the flesh of slaves

because they are gay

Those horses are likely from the shades living out in the wilderness. Lot less slaves out there.

>letting your horses eat Khaine's tendies

I know it's mostly shitty infantry from Bretonnia, but having crypt ghouls makes shit go so much smoother early game.

Tell me about it. Doom & Darkness + Arkhan's bonus units may as well be purple sun when you're throwing down with peasants.

I asked yesterday, but only got a historyfag telling me to fuck off.
How do I bretonnia campaign? (WH1, not ME)

He is a peasant.

Chivalrously.

Farm Greenskins rebel while confederate the other dudes, then siege Marienburg

Fuck off

>then siege Marienburg
That's the first thing you should do.

imgur.com/gallery/nQ8Fb

because they are black

vikings cuz normans

>turn 40
>About to move in on the Dune Kings or whatever as Arkhan
>Suddenly Setra appears
>it's only one army no biggie
>he's level 35
what the fuck, why and how

*leg sweeps u*

U Wot M8? !!

*does epic steampunk parkour backflip onto your stomach and fucking crushes your kidney*

REKT!!!!!

If you disband a hero, do they become 'wounded', on the roster still, or are they gone forever?

He was farming Top Knotz

I just wanted to have fun as Arkhan. I'm pretty new to all of this; what good are the bats? Their hounds aren't all that great either, but maybe its because I threw them at chariot archers rather than regular archers.

gone forever

which Kang should I play in ME?

The dire wolves are better than any cavalry you can get as the kangz. Bats are decent for rear charges and taking out artillery, but they're not something you should keep around very long

Chariot archers have the same melee stats as regular chariots, just with the extra bonus of shooting you. Bats and dogs should both be exclusively used to flank, distract/kill archers (of the infantry variety) and chase down routing units.

The bats are good for screwing with archers, but they can be useful on regular infantry with some micro since you can mob a unit with like 5 of them at once.

Wolves are less interesting, use em like super-cheap cav and keep them the fuck away from anything that isn't made of paper or already fighting someone.

Consider doing a few custom battles with them, you'll adjust quick.

Bats and hounds are for archers, routers and flanking. Chariots are useless at range, just bogged them down when they melee

Easiest is Settra. Arkhan for variety. Other two if you just want to fuck around with new start positions.

The problem with the waystalker is that you could replace him with another squad of waywatchers in pretty much any situation and be better off.

Nehekhara horseman may actually be one of the best light cav units in the game, they're definitely way better than dogs.

>light cav
>78 speed

no thanks