/xcg/ - XCOM General

News:
1)LW2 will NOT be ported to WotC by Pavonis
>pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=26982

2)EXPANSION is out NOW
>xcom.com/war-of-the-chosen
>youtube.com/watch?v=n3bENBYSucQ
>pastebin.com/8prFHUNj

3)Julian Gallop Phoenix Point News (New Update: 8/30/2017)
>phoenixpoint.info/blog/2017/8/29/geoscape-ballistics-and-more
>pastebin.com/PZWh2Zr1
>youtube.com/watch?v=iuN9g502cYM

4)Jake spoke at PAX East on March 10th on the growing pains of rebooting XCOM
>pvplive.net/c/pax-east-jake-solomon-xcom-3

The /xgc/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xgc/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xgc/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

List of compatible mods for Long War 2
>drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KYKP0J-c9vcksxLXBTUkFzdE0/view

XCOM2 modlist, updated long before WOTC (Out of Date)
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

/xgc/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN

Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

>The X-COM Files for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=4595.0

/xgc/ neither condemns nor condones that which is lewd
>pastebin.com/DwwGRCUH

Previous mission:

Good mods for WotC?

Julian Gollop is going to have another AMA on Saturday. Could be neat.

Might be cool. I'm sure someone will keep /xcg/ updated with the interesting niggles.

>are you doing an xcom rpg
Yes and no

I was skulking around online looking for a good system that anyone had put together to run an XCOM trpg for some buddies of mine, but every one that I found didn't really have what I was looking for, so I decided to make my own. I'm currently in the process of making it.
It's been quite a bit of work, most notably because there are no high quality icons for most classes and ranks, so I've had to make all them myself, pic related

There was also no satisfying (or in most cases not there at all) base mechanics in place in the systems I found, so I've been tinkering with that sort of thing. And shockingly in each of the systems I glanced over, there were no rules in place for MECs or Gene Mods, so I'll be working on that soon.

No death before at least 100 replies.

So much time goes between new threads I completely forgot there were even youtube links in there.

Let's talk about cosmetic mods, /xcg/

If you could have any armor set or character ported from another video game, which one would it be?

Wolfenstein nazis might go well

Must I settle for just one set?

For the people who have followed Phoenix Point from the start, has Gallop and his team shown enough competence that can justify backing this thing without being a massive fan boy? I’m tempted to do it but I don’t want another Inafune.

Mah nigga

I've been trying to think of one but I can't really say, there's plenty of things I wouldn't mind but none I'd truly want. Guess I'm pretty pleased with the variety of things as is.

I just dreamt I slept with one of my xcom operatives. I think I have a problem

In terms of armor sets? All of the Helghast armors from Killzone. And maybe the Battle Dress/ Parasite armor from MGS: Phantom Pain. Or some more additions to the Rainbow Six Siege sets. Or even the RIG's from Dead Space.

In terms of a specific character? I'd want Walker, Adams, and Lugo from Spec Ops: The Line. Or maybe Jill/Rachael from Resident Evil: Revelations.

My boy Jensen. HR skin for tiers 1-2, MD skin for tier 3.

It's okay if Bradford was there.

It was one of my female soldiers. One I've had in the character pool from the start.

As long as Bradford gave the okay.

BF2142 for Tier 3

I'd be more than happy to assist senpai. If you need anything or want me to try and test it with my group we'd be down. When I saw it last thread I asked if it would be a fun thing to try and they agreed.

Best Battlefield

More of the human ME armors. ME3 has a whole bevy of the damn things and they all look pretty alright.

It was, everything Dice made back then was pure magic

Yeah, I really like the Andromeda ports. They look simple and sleek so they fit pretty well with the native art style. I just wish it had opaque visors.

Along came EA

Did you play new Mirror's edge? Is it the same thing with worse script, or did they fuck up even the gameplay?

The Andromeda stuff is... ok. I prefer earlier ME stuff personally. I do use the ME:A armors, though I don't like the helmets at all.

not him but the gameplay is pretty solid

unfortunately they fell for the open world meme and most of your time is spent running from mission start to mission start

what's wrong with the helmets?

I dislike the aesthetic on them is all. I like helmets that look protective and the ME:A ones look like a big glass bulb that would shatter on a single hit and kill you horribly.

Pistols are Useful.

they're made of some hyper advanced material I guess

either that or that's an exploration type helmet which would fit the setting. I liked the helmets from the original trilogy more tho

They still look stupid IMO. I do like the armors themselves though, they look alright.

>they're made of some hyper advanced material I guess
>would shatter on a single hit and kill you horribly.
This is unironically how the Father of the MC in Andromeda dies.

lol you'd think the alliance would test their helmets

Serves him right. Next time, he'll wear something more sensible looking.

Gameplay is really good, map is meh, combat is meh, story is shit. Worst of all they fucked up the art design, so now the city looks like a generic cyberpunk one instead of the surreal beauty of the first game. It's worth a pirate though.

>Next time
user, people die, when they are killed.

Honestly, it's sci-fi, that's not a guarantee and you know it.

>user, people die, when they are killed.

ME2 already proved that it's not a guarantee

>user, people die, when they are killed.
I'll show you. When I croak, I'll come back and eat your brains.

nobody is going to spend billions of credits and two years rebuilding Ryder Sr. despite the fact he's a better character than either sibling

We can only dream.

So, the supposed new content item. Safe to assume it will be something small, consisting mostly of stuff they've left out of previous releases? Something they can get playable and ship off while transferring the brunt of the team to XCOM 3?

> Last thread died at only 500 some posts
This is it, isn't it? /xcg/ is going down. It was fun lads.

We don't really know. My personal belief is that it'll be a content pack for WotC of some kind, either restoring cut content or adding something completely new. The smart bet is probably on restoring cut content. The only cut content we really know about from WotC is the fourth Chosen, so it may well be that, but then again, there may be more that we don't know about.

IA/ONE/Aria set.

All of Lost Planet 2 man, that game is a cosmetics gold mine. If there was some insane impossible cooperation between 2K and Capcom that released it as a paid cosmetic pack I would buy it instantly.

>Playing some Apoc
>Aliens are rolling out the big boy toys now
>Personal shields and Alien proxy mines
>Figthing in Warehouses
>Anthropod tanks concentrated auto-fire from one of my squds (three men per squad)
>Throws his proxy mine
>shit.jpg
>blows up right on my guys, but armor in Apoc is actually really good
>Everyone is really low though, two people have critical wounds
>Time to evac these guys
>Send them all to a mission exit
>notice one of my guys isn't where I thought he was
>The explosive blew a hole in the floor and he fell through
>doubleshit.jpg
>start sprinting him towards a lift while I send another squad down to back him up
>hyper worms everywhere
>hyper worms are chasing down my guy, he's taking hits and losing hp fast
>right before he gets to the lift and my back up squad arrives he goes down
Was like something straight out of a sci-fi horror, rip.

F

We can make it.

We will live on no matter how many squadwipes. Unless we run out of soldiers before Julian refreshes the recruit pool.

>has Gallop and his team shown enough competence that can justify backing this thing without being a massive fan boy? I’m tempted to do it but I don’t want another Inafune.

I think it'll be clear when the demo is shown on Feb 17.

I hope so, my friend invested in them

As other user mentioned, polished demo this month, Alpha for backers sometime this quarter. We'll keep you posted, I know I intend to play the Alpha.

While I kind of want to wait until release and avoid spoilers to a reasonable point, I will await your report and pray you return with the best of news.

>and avoid spoilers

I don't think they'll include spoilers in the demos. Unless you consider game mechanics spoilers.

Shall we encompass Phoenix Point into this general once it releases?

That's always been the plan, same way Xenonauts discussion is part of the general.

We already do. The OP has a section about Phoenix Point news.

I meant more in the general long term, not so much the first playable backer bits.

>New

Was it redesigned or something?

Yes

This one looks more off-putting and I mean that in a good way given the setting.

This one looks more run-of-the-mill alien.

Yes, the human heads on alien bodies are a bit more freaky.
Though, if you look closer at the new design, the head is still a human skull, it's lower jaw just fell off
I think the designers thought it kind of was off for the virus to be transforming the bodies except for the head, I'm not exactly sure on the reasoning.

I don't agree. The human face pasted onto an alien body is a little too literal for my tastes.

shhhh

spurious as well as sapphic

hello yes where is the expansion

>Jake has found you
>>>Jake has found you
>>>>Jake has found you
>>>>>Jake has found you
>>>>>>Jake has found you
>>>>>Break LOS while you can
>>>>Break LOS while you can
>>>Break LOS while you can
>>Break LOS while you can
>Break LOS while you can

Forgot my picture

>killed my own thread by posting some horrible hunter photoshop
i don't know what i expected.

if you stick your dick in the assassin does she not want to murder you anymore or ?

That freaked young me out badly enough that I ripped it off for a tabletop RPG adventure 10 years later.

No, she still wants to murder you, it's just that she wants to murder you because you've seen her squirming and helpless in the throes of pleasure. Instead of wanting to kill you for her usual reasons.

So where did you find this?

His Photoshop folder

COMMANDER

If it really is androids, what then? We already have Julian and his brother. There's gotta be a schtick, like Templars making mind swords and mind shields.
Terminators wearing Terminator armor? Terminators acting like Predators? Terminators wearing Warframe armor?

>Julian and his brother

Shen's dildo

This is kinda why I think it might be cyborgs, not true robits. We have robits already. Cyborgs are more interesting since they'd be half-robot humans and can be normal soldiers that just do something interesting with their cybernetics. EMP weapons, increased strength (melee attack?), jumpy legs, rocket pack, oversized weapons, there's possibilities here.

>Terminators wearing Terminator armor?
I hope for that or Starship troopers power armor or ENFORCER
Sparks just don't have the punch of a heavy armored troop

The robutts we do have are of the big stompy mecha variant, though. Functionally, Deus Ex cyborgs and humanoid androids could be much the same.

I also like the aesthetics of cyborgs more. Aesthetically, true androids would feel similar to SPARKs: they're both wholly mechanical. That kind of feel matters to people.

>If it really is androids, what then? We already have Julian and his brother.

The cut dialog suggests that the Androids were made by Julian.

>true androids would feel similar to SPARKs
I really disagree. Androids are generally normal people sized and can even be people mimics.

It's that they're entirely mechanical. They aren't people, they're people shaped robots (and SPARKs are already people shaped too). That's the thing, I don't want another entirely robotic unit, I want something different. For my mechanical unit I have SPARKs (and now SHIVs too). For my psiwarrior, I have Templar. For my ADVENT, I have Skirmishers. For my STALKER LARPers, I have Reapers. Gimme something new.

What is /xcg/'s opinion on the discovery of extra terrestrial life?

Will it happen this century?
Do you hope that it happens during your lifetime?
What do you expect will the discovered life forms look like?

>SPARKs are already people shaped too
Sparks are not people shaped. Walking giant robot "humanoid" doesn't equal human shaped. MECs aren't human shaped either. Honestly, MECs are cyborgs. We've technically already had them.
Androids are in no way similar and androids are supposed to function more as people but with extra mechanical perks, so I really am not seeing the similarity. It would be like complaining that most of your soldiers are just different flavors of "humans" so we shouldn't have more classes based on meat people.

There is no guarantee of extra-terrestrial life. There is no guarantee that if there was, either of us could reach or communicate with each other.

Will never happen. Even if there is some ayy out there, which is VERY unlikely, we won't ever have a way to reach them.

>Do you hope that it happens during your lifetime?

It would have very bad effects so I wouldn't hope for it to happen.