/mhwg/ - Monster Hunter World General

World edition - Monster hunter general, in World! Today!

Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with an eventual 2018~ PC release ahead.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/ja/ps4
↳A limited edition Rathalos PS4 Pro has been announced for sale outside of Japan. (Sold out)
↳Weapon movesets: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP
>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

Wifebeater info on how to get all the palico gear, in World! Today! (it's qooot):
youtube.com/watch?v=gKqRuZJYB-c&t=

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

>What did update 1.04 for World do?
monsterhunterworld.com/us/topics/update_ver101/

>Major Changes:
-Fixed an issue where, in rare cases, the assignment "The Encroaching Anjanath" would not appear on the quest board during online play.
-Made some readjustments to how Elderseal values are calculated.
>Other Changes:
-The update will also include various minor bug fixes.

Last thread which worked so well:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-D0Ako8Zq7g
youtube.com/watch?v=KvIArtAqSXo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

holy fuck stop this mhWg shit already you fucking newfag retards

how mad can you be

why is reddit trying to spread the idea that Aup7 is better than CE+WE?

WAHOO

I personally welcome our new MHWG overlords

Is Lance the highest IQ weapon?

Unironically yes.

I hope you enjoyed it, this kinda thing only works once a week or so, see you back at /mhg/ yes

Is the quest up yet? is anyone sharing it?

Allegedly it's coming to everyone eventually.

I got an investigation with Max Players: 2

Will it be harder with two people because the monster gets multiplayer hp?

Why should I go to a thread full of shitposting where mentioning anything that isn't nintendo related is considered "console war"?

No, the monster HP is scaled for two people.

Oh I didn't expect Investigations to be different to the usually multiplayer scaling

What conditions do the Phantom Bird for the last Endemic+Piscine questline appear?
She says it's on the back of an Aptonoth, so definitely forest Area 1, but that specific conditions being vague isn't helping

Any advices for IGfag planning on trying Lance?

You can do weekly challenges for silver wyverian tickets, they're used as material for melding plates.

I didn't even know there was such a thing, piscine stopped showing up after I cought a silverfish tuna, and endemic just keeps telling me about vultures after I caught some ants for her.

Third fleet master if for ______ING

BEATING (to death :3)

Gold Ticket this week

You would probably like evade lancing

Cuddl

Are you in australia? For me its still 10 hours until reset.

post in this thread
let this one die

CLIPPING (toenails)

Can you fuck off with your console war faggotry? This is monster hunter world general, if you are that upset about it then go to your secret club and discuss whatever the fuck you want in it, if you didn't notice everyone here is talking just fine without your bullshit.

>silverfish tuna
it's him i'm looking for actually, last i checked i got 5 quests on all the region but that ain't one.

Talk to the Endemic qt after you've done all her 5 quests on all regions, she'll be at Ancient Forest.

>tfw been Binocular'ing these Aptonoths and watching them get eaten by passing Jagras and Anja
feelsbadman

>Go to a general with out of date OP.
Are you OP of the other thread? Because you sound upset.

NZ, so it's not a global reset? Interesting.

Honestly I just like tanking big hits and countering and jousting. Oh and mounts, those are great too.

what is out of date

mods you can delete this thread
the title is incorrect

should i build nerg or enduring schism for dragon DB?

My bad I meant platinumfish not silverfish, if that's still what you're looking for its in elder's recess and platinumfish is in a tiny pond on a border between 5 and 7.

Geee, I wonder, its almost as if you could, you know, scroll up and see for yourself.

But what is Elderseal

>Wahoo

sealing elders, might as well throw them at the sea instead

>have to kill Nergigante multiple times if you ever want anything worth a fuck in this game

>Being this upset.
You know you can just go back to your console war general, right?

Its a a debuff for elder dragons, basically attacking them with an elderseal weapon debuffs their ability power and duration.

I want to throw the Handler onto my bed

After doing tempered elders with both guns the hbg doesn't seem nearly as good. I get 3 slicing shots with the lbg using awakening and a massive amount of mobility. Even with a non elemental decoration to give the HBG another 10% raw damage it still didn't seem to be doing much more with slicing shots at least. Also the landmines are a much better special than both of the HBGs because of the amount of time the monster spends knocked down so you can easily set them up every time one is recharged.

HBG might be better in groups when you don't want to use slicing but it's way worse solo.

So nergi is weaker to thunder than it is dragon? Was contemplating building a dragonbone weapon but I guess it's not necessary

it's a fun fight once you learn how to not die

Nah, already caught the Platinumfish. Yeah he's between Uragaan's resting place and the volcano area next to it, the one between 3 Gastodon herd.

I assume this quest was a continuation of both Endemic+Piscine since the gal says this is the last quest from both of them.

>tfw you get a Deluxe First Wyvern Print as a reward
I'm willing to bet this can be exchanged for rubies and gems

what is the SECOND most nuanced melee weapon?

Charge Blade too slow

Oh man, I just realized that the Vale's corridor from area 2 to 4 is a dead Dalamadur. This level design is incredible.

Get Vaal first, his health recovery armor takes the edge of nerg fight, if you can manage his dive attack the chip damage heals itself.

>I assume this quest was a continuation of both Endemic+Piscine since the gal says this is the last quest from both of them.
Never got that. Last time I saw her in the desert, going to forest she just says "thanks for what you've done for me so far."

Do you have to beat the nergi urgent first? I've noticed evidence of vaal hazak in my HR expeditions but it never seem to actually trigger my scoutflies to follow a trail, nor did it give me something in the wildlife map to manually track.

Complete all 5 of both questgiver's quest, can be checked in the critical bounties i assume. Then talk to her in her usual place in Ancient Forest, be sure she's in the map

>cart once to Tobi on my first hunt
>absolutely demolish him the second time
Feels good, man. The Jyura SA is so fucking good.

>First ever Monster Hunter
>Manage to kill LR Kirin first try with two carts
>Carve
>Four tails

Nani???

Can't decide my hunter's name, Sophia, Laura, Maria, Aisha or something else. Picture attached.
For palico Airou, Luce, Nyako, Kayamba, Kati, Catalinya, Cattleya or something else.

I'd like to keep the names somewhat in line with other NPCs from previous games.

>Do you have to beat the nergi urgent first?
Yeah, you don't get the quests to search out elder dragons until after beating the Nerg for the first time you can just SOS it. Like you can't even unlock HR Kirin until you hit I think rank 50 for the quest, even though you fought him in a LR quest, the HR tracks still give no progression until you actually unlock the quest to track him.

Thanks I'll double-check my maps later today, I also need to get the last palico tool from the Elder's recess but I gotta find 10 tracks of those galkarkgrukr first.

End your piece of shit life reddit retard

ok

Sophia and Airou. There you go, now stop posting this.

Gajalakas are ez, find >Lynian R. as field R. on any map and he'll appear in front of one doodle. And there's like 3 more near him so 4 in one map

I can't, I'm already dead.

Is it possible to remove cluttering items from my hotbar? Items like capture net, fishing rod and palico thingies are not something I need to have there.

>first tempered elder investigation
>tempered kirin
>2 man only
>15 minutes
>1 cart to fail
>everything one shots in super saiyan form

/mhwg/ > /mhg/

oldfags btfo

Generic Waifuia

welp there's this faggot that you could for some reason, carve multiple heads out of it

Does anyone know the conditions for the phantom bird to show up? Also the alpha fish if that has a set location

Unfortunately not. I prefer item bar but the fishing rod, net, etc... they are annoying. After a while I just had to get used to using the quick menu which, yeah its better but I have a tendency to flick the stick just before letting go so I tend to use the wrong item by mistake. Had to separate my emotes too because of it, kept using "Thanks" when I fuck up/cart instead of "Sorry".

I have radial menu set to pressing r3 instead of just flicking, but it's still very annoying to use because you can't control the camera at the same time.

Phantom Bird:
youtube.com/watch?v=-D0Ako8Zq7g

As for the alpha fish, is that like a super huge tuna? I caught one deeper in the Elder's Vale (recess? I keep forgetting the fucking name) There's one point where there's a waterfall cascading into a fishing spot. And you have to cast your reel into the spot where the waterfall is hitting because its hiding under there and doesn't seem to come out, I caught it completely by chance because I just though "What ifthere was a thing to catch there"

Yeah, I know what you mean its pretty fucking annoying.

Did you mean the living fossil by any chance?
youtube.com/watch?v=KvIArtAqSXo

>mfw Prism Hercudrome

What about it? I don't think I ever got one.

Doodles...?

What's the cutest monster hunter girl and why is it Legiana?

You're the Doodle, Doodle.