/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Patch 1.08
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/28/tekken-7-version-108-update-changes-player-info-in-ranked-ag.html
>Noctis Reveal Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU
>Patch 1.09
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/11/28/tekken-7-version-109-adds-dlc-character-geese-howard-rematch.html
>Geese Launch Trailer
youtube.com/embed/mXCZ0mnapMw
>Patch 1.10
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/12/13/tekken-7-version-110-input-lag-reduction-patch-out-now.html

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

challonge.com/runner
youtu.be/cACnDiuRyvM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I want to get crushed between Asuka's thighs.

Play Eliza.

are you a chloe player? usually by that rank you have some semblance of fundamentals

I am. I do have a decent sense of fundamentals, but I don't know I am doing wrong. I know how to frame punish, while rising punish, all that jazz. But im not sure what i try to improve. I barely duck high strings and I rarely sidestep. Is it my matchup knowledge that is poor?

matchup knowledge becomes pretty crucial at the higher ranks

>I feel stuck and don't know how to improve.
>Should I learn how to sidestep more,duck punish,matchups, or learn to KBDC?
All of those things and proper poking. How much do you abuse Chloe's scrub killer moves? In my experience Chloe players have bad neutral games because she doesn't have any particularly good neutral tools.

>I didn't realize this but don't you use it as a punisher anyway so it wouldn't get block punished?
A good d/f2 can be thrown out with little risk on block and used for assured whiff punish combos. Hers is only good as a whiff punish unless you have meter.

You mean the console version which added 6 more frames of lag on release than they were used to AND brought balance changes? And the only Americans who did well were the top players who actually traveled to Japan to play in arcades. The only American player currently with a decent record against Asians is Naps and he was living in Japan for like 9 months from 2016-2017.

>learn to KBDC
also do this
>the meme you can get to high ranks with chloe without having to kbdc is true

Correct. Then they fell off.
Remember, they had 2 years of playing the game. We are approaching 7 months. Or something of that sort. I'm parroting what was told to me, I dont see where these guys should be better at, just that apparently the should.

My neutral game indeed terrible, I'm not sure how to approach it. I feel like i do df+1 1,2 just out of the blue because it gives some pressure, but other than that I have no idea what to do.

I abuse the scrub killer movers a lot. Her uf+3 and her rolling stance into big damage. But most opponents will learn to not press button/be patient during the roll after 2 matches and i'm not sure how to mix it up.

Thanks for the response.

Players like Saint, JDCR, GoAttack, Knee, Chanel, and so many other top level Koreans only flaws range in they play their characters at like 90% efficiency instead of 100% perfect play. None of these people have fallen off and once they adapted to the console version they became more dominant (they were still dominant on console release just the gap closed some). I don't know why you are basing things off what someone told you or who this person is because they sound like the type of idiot who goes "Well JDCR won Evo but he's not THAT good." Sounds like he's just demeaning the accomplishments of others by setting unrealistically high expectations of them.

I want Chanel to dominate major tournaments in the future. He is my favorite tekken player.

He's cool.

Same but only if he plays Eliza.

You are higher rank than I am so take what I say with a grain of salt but you may have a slightly inflated rank by abusing online strategies. You definitely may be lacking strong fundamentals due to Chloe having weak fundamental tools and using scrub killer moves. I personally would recommend learning poking with Kazumi or Jack or Shaheen for a month to get your fundamentals and grasp proper movement then go back to who you enjoy playing. You can do this with Chloe but I don't know her anywhere near enough to guide you with specifics.

Good luck friend.

Probably. Or it could just be me failing to ask him for examples on the topic when brought up. He's played those people and I havent, so I cant exactly formulate an opinion on the subject with out personal experience.

I only play Lili, Leo and Eliza and everyone of theirs d/f2 is punishable on block (actually i'm not sure about Eliza because she needs to do d/f2,3 for her launcher)

I like his Alisa better because I'm not really a sucker for 2d characters. Eliza has a cool design but I dispise the way she plays.

A man of culture.

I want it to be Saints year. I not only love how he plays the game but he's my role model as a Jack player. Last year he kept getting so close to winning but ended to second, this is gonna be his year.

I'd like it to be no-one's year but everyone being pretty equal in preformance. It'd generate the most hype for sure.

reminder that chanel is literally a shaman

Yeah but I mainly just want him to win more than anyone else and win Evo and/or TWT Finals. I hope Rox and other Koreans can travel more so we don't get the Fox boys smashing the West again.

Also if it were up to me I would give Asia 10 slots or separate Korea and Japan into their own regions. I didn't like the finals having so many frauds while someone like Chanel couldn't go.

And also a showman. Chanel does it all.

>Knee and Chanel have been playing Tekken non-stop
>JDCR has been wasting time on street fighter

the results of evo japan make perfect sense if you think about it

As well

Yeah giving asia 10 slots sounds fair enough. Given that 2 countries provide litteraly all the top players for this game it makes no sense that someone like Chanel couldn't go while frauds like P.Ling and Super Akouma got to go.

JDCR got lazy. Hopefully him getting his ass kicked inspires him to try harder next time.

>challonge.com/runner
>challonge.com/runner
>challonge.com/runner

Don't dodge ok

Alisa cute and all but her head falling off turns me off of her character completely, I like her moves but I wish her head stayed on on.

Eu or NA?

Her head falling off is actually the appealing part imo. It's so silly.

maybe JDCR is actually bored of Tekken and winning all the time

eu and east coast na
dunno if people in here still play so I figured its safer to not split them

Alright, I'm up for being bodied.

>uses boring characters
>gets bored
hmm

Eliza is cute don't bully her she is cute and loveable.

Yeah. Maybe he should make the switch back to heihachi.

I'd be gay for him if I was gay.

>cool

Wew, chanel gesticulates like a 13 year old attention whore and plays the most cancerous characters

You can't bully a bully user

I heard people say he's kind of an asshole. Sure doesn't seem like that, though.

I'm interested, where'd you hear this?

>Untouchable for a while
>Starts playing SF
>Becomes a jobber
Is JDCR the Machaboo of Tekken?

that's because he's a shaman and has the spirit of a 13 year old boy living inside him

>Chloe players have bad neutral games because she doesn't have any particularly good neutral tools.
>ONE TWO ONE TWO ONE TWO
>ROLL ROLL ROLL

If that's true it's likely cause people don't like his showmanship. In esports, a lot of Koreans can be humble to the point that they're boring. They walk into an event, stomp on some foreign players, collect they money, and walk out. They act like its a day in the office for them. Chanel is obviously not that kind of player. He's very expressive whether he wins or loses, and that can be off-putting for some players.

I still can't believe it. He also makes like 150-250 USD a day from it. I wonder if he actually believes what he's saying or he's just found a good hustle.

Is Claudio's f2,2 the only tailspin move in the game that you can't follow up with anything?

Makes sense. Personally I like that in a person but I can see why some koreans would hate his guts for it.

move the fuck away from the wall then?

Literally one lab session will tell you how terrible that dancing stance is and how easy it to deal with her back roll. The only dangerous move from it is the mid that can be easily side walked or interrupted with df1 with some characters.

you're retarded

Nina's WS4,3

Kek.

Chanel is a bully, a bully!

youtu.be/cACnDiuRyvM

>some koreans would hate his guts for it.

More like every single person who hates obnoxiuos people

>the only korean that isn't a emotionless robot
>people dont like him for it

its barely showmanship, hes just doing something other than the approved playing of the game or staring at your phone waiting for your next game.

are personalities banned in Korea or something?

>are personalities banned in Korea or something?

None of the western players act as embarrasing as chanel

Super Akouma. Except that he takes it too far by litteraly crying when he loses.

are you on the spectrum?

thephantom
Sodam puts on a show too. Threw his wallet at Saint on stage for not giving him an hug

Do tell me why you'd think that

Frenchies are emotional. You're reading too much into it.

Well I'm sorry for thinking that crying on stage is overreacting.

It wouldn't be so bad if he didn't do it EVERY TIME

He doesn't cry though, he just looks sad and disappointed.

Lol crying on stage. Learn to control your emotions. Someone that cries over a video game because they lost or normally mentally weak.

He literally cries every time what are you talking about? He cried when he lost to JDCR in a fucking special event match after winning the main tournament.

Lili is a terrible waifu and Eliza is 2d meme shit am I a piece of shit for playing these two cuties?

yea

Is it possible to play Ling conservatively and defensively with it being effective? I love her design and moves but rush down doesn't appeal to me.

I CANNOT believe Jeondding is from an alternate timeline where Chanel decided to get ripped instead of dabbling in esoteric bullshit.

What should be my go-to homing move as yoshimitsu? Avoiding the puddle?

learn fundamentals and poking first

beat it kid

I don't like 2d fighting games at all but if I main Eliza does that mean I actually like 2d fightings even though I don't like them?

This. Ling has way too many distractions, and encourages bad habits like flowcharting and snake edging.

I have I'm asking for a secondary to have fun with and I realized I've never mained a female character in my life.

No. You like playing a 2d character in a 3d enviorment. It's an entirely different ball game

Embarrassing

Why do so many people online act like they have something to prove? When I win a few games in a row and then they manage to win one they Ki-charge and winquit.

You can play Ling blindfolded and you will still be effective user

I'm talking against non-stupid people. I've never struggled against Ling players because they all go way too ham and 9 times out of 10 end up killing themselves.

>ling players are more likely to kill themselves than yoshi players
>yoshimitsu has moves that actually kill himself
Beautiful.

Quick what's the best item in the game?

Dragunov's tank or some shit like that.

Shaheen's bird. The fact that it caws when using the rage art it awesome.

Tall Paul

You think he tells his clients that red bull will bring them good luck?

yes, he says that red bull will give them a few ranks of tekken skill

Alisa is so fucking stupid. She has complete control over the neutral. That jet pack shit is some injustice gimmicks. Also, fuck Steve Fox.

No, that it will give them wings

I play Alisa myself and this is pretty true. She can mix you up from a big ass distance and there's not much you can do about it.

The true challenge in Tekken is coming up with a good handle to register in tournaments with.

I don't play Alisa, but when I play against her I find it fairly easy to deal with her jetpack because her moves from are too slow to use up close and are predictable from a distance, so I already look to sidestep them.

Or you can be the superior robot and beat her at the keep out game

Why be a superior robot when I can be a superior teenage girl?

>he thinks kbd is essential