/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/
↳A limited edition Rathalos PS4 Pro has been announced for sale outside of Japan. Check your local retailer for more details.
↳Weapon movesets: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Old Bread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CsOK0CUPgdg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Friendly reminder that any franchise that gets taken over by normal fags becomes a shell of its former self in a few years. Normies don't care about quality, nor they care abut the franchise's traditions, once they recognize the brand, they will buy it without second thought. Once hardcore fans become a minority, it means the company can do whatever it wants to the franchise that people will buy it anyway.

We are starting to see this with World, with its overpriced, day one, on disk DLC of content that should've been in the full game to begin with, a practice that has been condemned many times in the past that is being defended by retards, newfags, normal fags and shills as "harmless" since it's cosmetic and doesn't affect gameplay. Today it's cosmetic, tomorrow it's new monsters, balance patches, necessary equipment, etc. Capcom will see that they can get away with abusive microtransactions and implement them in the game in the future, either in World itself or in the next game.

The same thing is happening with the casalisations. The series is now casualised, but since retarded normal fags have taken over, and they couldn't possibly understand or even play the older games like FU, 3U or 4U, the series' roots will be forgotten and betrayed for even more casualised, braindead gameplay for the masses, the voices of hardcore fans will be ignored since they are a minority and won't matter anymore. You can apply this to pretty much every single problem with World.

A very clear example of this is what happened to The Elder Scrolls franchise. Skyrim is braindead and casualised compared to Oblivion or Morrowind, but since normalfags took over, Bethesda was able to get away with paid DLC and constant re-releases, and people still buy it. Expect the same for Monster Hunter from now on. It's a dead franchise.

Remember to feed your felyne yummy tasty sausages!

>tfw mh is finally free from the shackles of nintendo

Does anyone else feel bad when they steal dung from the poor dung beetles?

Any rooms up? I feel like playing you guys for once

youtu.be/CsOK0CUPgdg

Anyone know what charm this guy is using?

Post Lance speed runs now

>Patch 1.04
Is there a patch notes list up somewhere?

that beetle took someone else's dung anyway

>sword and shield
>game says its focused on dodging

why even bother with a shield then

>join squad session
>only 2 guys in session
>tfw initial session is FULL

Nothing wrong with casualization.

Aesthetic

>tfw want to send guild card to all whenever I enter a new room
>tfw i'm playing huntress so I worry that it looks like i'm just whoring out my OC

I just want to make hunter friends mang

It's used as a weapon.

i'm glad we're free of the stupid /mhwg/ shit

As long as the dung beetle removes the dung from the other party's private property prior to rolling it, thus turning it into a new capital resource, he has not broken the NAP. The dung beetles did nothing wrong.

>nerg tail

FUCKING DROP ALREADY YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT

>the exposed back on the odogaron mail

Holy fuck me and this random were fighting for an hour amd it was comfy

You're only supposed to block when dodging isn't really an option. It's got a weaker block and Lance or Gunlance or Charge Blade but it will protect you from damage in a lot of situations.

I main SnS and the one thing I don't do enough is block.

to punch fuckers in the face with it. Also it's good for covering your fuck-ups. You'll still eat chip damage but at least you'll be on your feet.

>he thinks japanese devs give 2 shits about western normies

They'll keep making monhun for japan, if the west likes and buys it too, well good for them, if the west doesnt who gives a shit, it's gaijin

Just slayed my first Teostra, i miss my Kaiser X set from 4th Gen.

start expedition, run to elder track(it'll spawn in the same place every time), collect it, move to a different zone expedition, repeat

it's just a matter of getting lucky

Post WEBMs.

Most normies won't even be able to get to high rank. And besides Monhun was already the 2nd most popular game franchise in Japan. It was bound to hit mainstream eventually.

Jesus fucking christ they couldn't even bother to give the Nergigante weapons unique designs? The lazy ass weapon designs really bring this game down.

Gaijin dorra wass moah zen yen

What does the focus skill actually do?

>i'm a newfag

>First time playing MH
>Its pure artificial difficulty
Fuck this game.

It focuses

user, Nerg is one of the few with a unique weapon in ever class.

Fuck off and stop freaking out because the first upgrade isn't unique.

Best way to get dung for dung pods?

You only died because you're an idiot.

Git gud

Have you accepted hammer as your one true god?

>Doesn't notice the frog
>Calls it Artificial Difficulty

>that name

I'll kill you last.

What's the best way to make money? I just beat Xeno and I'm broke.

To be fair, it is kind of bullshit that the frog's hitbox was anywhere near where he was aiming. Play it frame by frame and you notice the redpit literally just explodes point blank

Are....are you implying that Japanese game devs actually give a shit about what their western audiences think?

If so, you haven't been playing games for very long. Imagine how terrible Persona 5 would have been if they actually listened to the western audience.

>sending guild cards to people who don't deserve your respect
shiggydiggy

The thing bloats up, he could have gotten away if he had noticed.

>KO the stupid flightless sand cow
>encore his face
>right into another KO
>unzip another song of my people
>baby goes to sleep
>bomb his face with a slinger, unload my last stored song
>horns flying everywhere
>gracefully dance away from his charge after he finally comes to his senses
Who here /JAMMIN'/?

Using Charge Blade, my set has Guard 1 yet my red shield still gets me blown back when I guard things. Have I missed something?

So for the insect glaive is the best way to manage the kinsect is to stick it on the target then quickly recall it to get buffs then toss it out and leave it on the target to throw dust everywhere? Or do you want to keep sending it out and recall reapplying the buffs as often as possible?

Just trying to learn the best way possible to use the thing as its fun.

True he's a shitter for not noticing that, but the pint still stands: toad shouldn't have been triggered in the first place.

investigatons. great hunts can give alot of money.

It's a point for wonky hitboxes on the toad, not for artificial difficulty.

whats the point of joining an online session outside of quests??? are you supposed to see people running around and shit? because i dont

>sleep monster
>place 3 wyvernblasts
>put up large barrel
>shoot slicing at the face
>blows up the wyvern blasts
>they trigger the large barrel
>slicing shot finally explodes
>every single proc triggers the wyvern blasts

I have become Death Destroyer of Worlds.

>mfw beating the shit out of Pink Rath with my Barroth Breaker just now
>First try, no carts
God I love Hammer.

you only see people at the gathering hub

Does a Demondrug / Mega demondrug last until you cart?

Your "online session" is the pool of people you can party with outside of SOS flares.

dont see em. idk why i just wouldnt always start in my own private lobby

Is the average MV of a weapon's entire move set a metric worth using for comparison?

The first one.
Your buffs last about as long as your sharpness anyways, so just take a quick breather now and again to sharpen and reapply buffs before diving back in.

I killed zero 7* monsters because I unlocked Nergi so fast then promptly killed him

>20 mins Kushala
Ah fuck it i take it, that fucker was annoying as fuck.

>tfw nearly carted because I thought I could avoid getting blinded by turning away from him

Back to your shithole with you spic

>slicing shot isn't considered special ammo for special ammo boost

Man I wanted even sicker deeps

reminder that World is worst handler

I did as well but Legiana was fucking with her for half the fight and knocking her down.

Made for easy true charges

>most streamers are using hammer

>big sword
>slow

What makes slicing ammo so OP?

Does anyone know the level of evade boost needed for style bombing in this game?

>hear people talking in the hub
>about how hard pink rath is
>2 people cant beat it together
>One is wearing HR odogaron gear
>Oh shit im almost at that quest, I better prepare
>Make pukei-pukei HR set for poison immunity
>Get thunder weapon
>absolutely wreck pink rath on first try

Were they so bad or am I good?

Slut

So a guy just told me to kill myself just because I woke up the monster.

Can someone give me a list of online etiquettes?

>streamer uses charge blade
>tries to mount literally every opportunity he gets

You should actually kill yourself

I can think of a good use for her when we're out in the field

Oh cmon that's not even what he's complaining about. At least take the time to see what he's bitching about so you can roast him from a place of knowledge

deeps are soo fucking high on the rating because IT FUCKING BLASTS EVERYONE MILES A FUCKING WAY THAT THEY CANNOT CONTRIBUTE THEIR DEEPS UNTIL THAT FAGGOT RUNS OUT OF AMMO

>Needing HR armour

>SOS flare on Kirin to help people with mats
>Japs just come in and get one shot then AFK
>have to kick them constantly

I hate Japs.

>streamer says they plan to 100% the game

>waking up a sleeping monster with the first half of the third charge
>the second half doesn't connect after they move their heads
>everyone watches you fail

from dung piles and dung beetles
Also you can probably just meld dung pods

Wait until everybody has had a chance to sharpen and place bombs when monsters sleep. With or without bombs in place, let the weapon who's capable of the highest possible damage from a single attack take the first hit. Sleeping monsters take double damage on the first hit.

Other things would be not to take all the free provisions from the supply box, not to knock players around too much and not to spam flash bombs too hard unless it's a flying monster.

Let the GS or hammer fag do it.

Please stop

how do i lavasioth, all he does is have armor on

Plant bombs near a sleepy head.

Anyone having trouble with legiana claws?
According to the old fart they're a *** drop so that shouldn't be so hard
But both in low and high rank i'd get like 1 or 2 per hunt if any
I literally drop more rare parts than these fucking 3* claws

Alright I'm asking here before I bother with one of the threads on /v/

What the fuck is with the Gajakala thing in the recess on expedition, how do I actually do this? If I successfully sneak by while he's dancing do I get a cutscene or what?

Girlfriend hit HR in under a week, LR is a joke. Maybe you're just shit?

So what HR does the rest of the weapon tree open up? 59?

>this reply
>slow

DELET THIS

Is there any use for steel eggs?

Sleeping provides double damage on the hit that wakes the creature up. If you aren't using an attack that does over 80(something with probably ~70+ MV) damage in a single hit, back the fuck off