What type of Christianity is closest to the original, Veeky Forums?

What type of Christianity is closest to the original, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kcd1a68YQq0
strawpoll.me/11793284
youtu.be/ux75-idIiLw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Council_of_Chalcedon
youtube.com/watch?v=2dgmgub8mHw
youtube.com/watch?v=Kcd1a68YQq0&t=345s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tolstoyan_movement
youtube.com/watch?v=zjn9dzATPIs
youtube.com/watch?v=lpIXFCiJ1Jc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Islam.

Oriental Orthodoxy.

Baptist.

see:

Any denomination that believes in Grace through Faith and Sola Scriptura.

Anyone that teaches works salvation is a heretic.

The kind that is based on the word of God, Protestant.

Judaism

>says the literal heretic
kek. literal delusion.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Gnosticism.

The people who like Jesus as a person are closest.

Which Gnostics?

I don't know.

>mystical horseshit with no biblical basis
>original Christianity

heavenly kingdom

The religion that acknowledges and follows the truth as history has revealed. The one who acknowledges what the word of God shows us and attempts to imitate the lessons that were taught.

In order to identify this organization we must understand the basics of the scriptures, as well as the fallacies that society has been taught. I have found it hard to continue walking in darkness, after I saw the light that comes from the truth.

There is only one Christianity.

Which one?

The kind on Veeky Forums.

Everyone and their dog makes up the rules as it pleases them to preach about them.

There is no agreement as to any central authority besides 'muh God' among any of the religious groups.

Those self appointed preachers that do feign to carry secular authority still acknowledge an evangelic mission to convert other 'not-so-christians' to their brand.

God (if extent) does whatever anyway while we hope he forgives us our fuckups better than we forgive those who fuckup against us.

Whichever one has real faith healers in it, so none of them apparently.

>what are pentecostals

They try and fail every time.

youtube.com/watch?v=Kcd1a68YQq0

strawpoll.me/11793284

>The kind on Veeky Forums
You mean a bunch of LARPers who masturbate to the idea of a new crusade against islam almost as much as they do to traps and anime?

Jewish Christianity.

/thread

Unironically, pentecostals, charismatic catholics.

By reading the actual words of the bible, without any bias, you can see that the people around Jesus were extremely superstitious, almost animistic. The world, as conceived by the gospel writers, is a world full of spirits. Every phenomenon can be attributed to spirits. There's not blindness, there's the spirit of blindness. There's no muteness, there's the spirit of muteness. Every disease was caused by an evil spirit. There's the spirit of antichrist, and the spirit of truth. Spirits could take control of a person and make him prophecy and speak in tongues. The followers of Jesus had the charisma of casting out these spirits, healing the possessed. Thus they were quasi shamans.

I may masturbate to anime, but at least I'm not a fedora who masturbates to anime.

>Non-chaledonians
>Anything but heathens

That cult can hardly qualify as a Christian denomination.

armenian apostolic church
saint thomas christian
coptic orthodox church of alexandria
ethiopian orthodox tewahedo church
assyrian church of the east

Are you calling all non-trinitarians a single "cult"?

If one must believe in the trinity to be a true Christian, one can no longer claim Isaac Newton was a Christian.

>chaledonians
>accusing anyone of heresy
Bottom jej.

>Are you calling all non-trinitarians a single "cult"?

I was more calling Mormons a cult, they're a special kind of insanity.

or milton

Enjoy hell, heretic.

>speak in new tongues
>speak with tongues
>speak in our tongues
>the phrase speak in tongues is never used
Is this guy dense or something.

>asspained ethnophysite or filioque inserter detected
>he doesn't even have The Book of Chanokh in his canon
Come home to the One True Church, user.

>either faking it or demon-possessed
So hysteria isn't a thing?

>WE WUZ DA ONE TRUE CHURCH N' SHIEET

...Said every Christian denomination ever

>called out for heresy
>get meme'd at in response

See:
>Enjoy hell, heretic.

At this point I'd rather have fedoras than the embarrassing """Christian""" shitposters in this thread.

I've taken a liking to East Syrian Christianity lately since in the absence of excess iconography or sculpture one finds it easier to focus on the Christian core.

Other than that I also like the Lutheran faith since it encompasses a sort of original Protestant theology without getting too involved with non-essential topics, striking a better balance with tradition. It also won the favor of many proto-Protestant Hussites who joined the Lutheran or Moravian churches.

youtu.be/ux75-idIiLw

>East Syrian Christianity
Based liturgy.

Important differences from Eastern Orthodoxy?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Council_of_Chalcedon

Miaphysitism. Some canon differences depending on where you are (not unlike Slavonic Orthodoxy keeping 2 Esdras). The Armenian Creed does not include "and from the Son", but does include "God from God" and many other phrases.

>this thread

youtube.com/watch?v=2dgmgub8mHw

Adventists

The original followers of Jesus. Everyone after is a heretic.

YEC-believing Baptists

You know, it was Copts who burned the library of Alexandria and rioted attacking pagans and destroying their temples. They were probably the most adamantly anti pagan Christians in the empire back when Rome and Constantinople were busy tying to keep everything together, sort of like the Muslims of their day.
Allegations of Egyptian Christians being susceptible to pagan ideas are a modern Evangelical Baptist Fundamentalist accusation coming from the KJO crowd.
And Ethiopian Christians have a lot of pre-Christian pagan and Jewish influence.

Does it matter? They're all Zoroastrianism knock-offs.

Messianic Judaism, anyone who actually researches the early church knows this.

Anyone telling you different is just trying to pro up their own denomination

This.

You mean the most orthodox? hmm.. Nothing comes to mind...

Zoroastrianism is a knock-off of Judaism.

The Persians found Isaiah's manuscripts and based their religion on that.

Pauline Christianity. The early churches.

Constantine's conversion is when the corruption started to settle in.

The Reformation is when pure, true Christianity triumphed over the tyrannical dark Papacy.

It was too pure for this world ;_;

Messianic Judaism

Might as well be Ethiopian Orthodox then and at least you'll have some link to an actual historical practice. And we all know of the likelihood of Messianic sects having been taken over by Zionists pushing their pro Israel agenda.

As a rebuttal to all this prottie nonsense, please read "Europe and the Faith" by Belloc.

catholic nonsense

Arianism

Apologies to hijack this thread, but what church in the US is least influenced by the particular flavors of American Protestantism? I'm a Catholic but I'm starting to feel like more and more church communities are being compromised by Protestant ideas, such as speaking in tongues, using the Bible to try and predict the future, or just generally living with a "just read the Bible, bro :^)" system, as opposed to a more ritualistic and meditative based religion.

Is Eastern Orthodoxy the answer for me?

> such as speaking in tongues, using the Bible to try and predict the future, or just generally living with a "just read the Bible, bro :^)" system, as opposed to a more ritualistic and meditative based religion.
The things you just listed as hallmarks of "American Protestantism" are characteristic of only a slim few retard sects, most of which are aimed at attracted large masses of uneducated South Americans.

The Bible doesn't teach sola scriptura, in fact it teaches the opposite. ("So then, brothers, stand firm and hold fast to the traditions that you were taught, whether by word, or by letter from us." 2 Thes 2:15.)

It also teaches that "faith without works is dead" (James 2:26) and "a faith that can move mountains" without love is useless (1 Cor 13:2), and the only thing that matters is "faith working through love" (Gal 5:6).

Which is not to say that we're saved by works, but is to say but we are *not* saved by "faith alone" (James 2:24 -- this is, btw, the *only* place in the NT where the phrase "faith alone" is used, i.e., where James expressly *denies* that we're justified by "faith alone").

Paulfags leave

The Episcopalian church is what you're looking for. It's just the American branch of the Anglican Communion, and thus is very similar to the Catholic church.

prottie nonsense.

Orthodoxy, Sedevacantists, etc. are closest to the original, considering that Roman Catholicism is the original.

>Larperdox
>SSPX Latin rite emulator

The gift of tongues was common in the early church, as was adult baptism, from the evidence it seems the anabaptists were the most similar to the church of the apostles

Mainline Protestantism and apostolic churches.

but do the gifts continue today?

check out lutheranism esp high church

I prefer the German Baptists but radicalism in the 1500's was like the cool counter culture of the day and lots of young people were led to it by preachers who were like "Check it out guys, all this stuff that the Catholics do isn't in the Bible. Yeah Fuck Catholics!"

The first time I spoke in tongues was a while after Id been asking God about it and for it and it just happened as I was praying in my bathroom one day.
In acts where it talks about the apostles in the upper room and how tongues of fire came upon them through the Spirit of God...its the same thing that can happen today God didn't take that gift away from us.

what denom are you user?

Are you Catholic? If so based

>whether by word
would that be words or the Word?

>It also teaches that "faith without works is dead" (James 2:26)
yeah and works without faith are just as dead if not deader, so how can you put them on a pedestal?

not to tear at your beliefs in general, but wanting your body to do something can make it happen, especially when it's as simple as "I want my mouth to speak gibberish"

Anabaptists don't "speak in tongues."
youtube.com/watch?v=Kcd1a68YQq0&t=345s

Islam

Nice strawman

you're not even using that right

Orthodoxy
>Islam
Idiot. Christianity is inherently TRIUNE.

Tolstoy's:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tolstoyan_movement

He is, because no one is putting works on a pedestal, they're just saying it's of any import at all.

/thread

Marcionites

>If one must believe in the trinity to be a true Christian, one can no longer claim Isaac Newton was a Christian.
He wasn't

Reformed Protestantism

youtube.com/watch?v=zjn9dzATPIs
youtube.com/watch?v=lpIXFCiJ1Jc