/mhg/ Monster Hunter General

Pork the Porcupine Edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/
↳A limited edition Rathalos PS4 Pro has been announced for sale outside of Japan. Check your local retailer for more details.
↳Weapon movesets: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous Thread

Again?

Why the fuck are we doing so little in terms of squads?
Did squads turn out to be shit or how come we don't already have one or two active squads for every region of the globe?

better than another /mhWg/

You wanna make a squad user together user?

Cum inside the Handler!

>Did squads turn out to be shit or how come we don't already have one or two active squads for every region of the globe?
Aren't there like 3 for NA?

Pls respon before I accept another quest

>Nerg's GS

Holy shit. Is this currently the best GS in the game?

>aceuchicha17 has invited you to join squad Fairy tale 2.0
O-o

What's the benefit of joining a squad?

I dunno, the crazy crack whore eyes kinda turn me off.

i completed the event bounties and i just know i'm going to end up never using this ticket even when i probably should

Only the guy that made the squad can invite. Squad rooms come and go and can stick around for a few days but you have to be in the squad already to easily hop in the room. When you ask for a squad room you have to hope someone in the squad is already playing and paying attention to the thread so it's just a bit of a pain.

So i keep seeing streamers use to lock on for a quick camera adjustment then unlock but when i use it there seems to be a cycle through mobs and lock on never goes away. Is there some option to make this useful for a quick L3 lock to see the main monster you are fighting/is closest to you? I haven't played monster hunter since MHFU so im not use to the newer lock on.

I believe the awaken charm needs it as well
When dealing with elders, yes. Overall it's up there. Top 3

this.

all nerg weapons are currently the best in game

Quick. How do I unlock the crit boost charm? Who do I kill?

Is the digital deluxe version of MHW worth it?

gee maybe LOOK AT THE OPTIONS AND FIND OUT

Can someone check my calculations on SnS dps with 50% affinity, crit ele, and ele atk 3?

Yourself

If World is a success does that mean we'll see copycat games from EA and Ubisoft? This could be an EPIC time for hunting if it happens. It's gonna be sick bros.

This here. If it provides no benefit over playing with strangers, who are generally better at videogames than you guys, then why?

Is there any downside to attacking the monster when somebody has mounted it?
I remember in 4U and X it was a sign of a shitter if they kept attacking, but in MHW it seems like everybody continues to wail on the mounted monster.

cum inside poogie

I hate how the Dober pants look on men, but they are so much better than anything else damage wise

I'm kinda upset that SA doesn't get any cool shit for their discharge like some of the other weapons get. GL and CA get both load up and artillery. Feelsbad man

>random french IG shits and other ultra scrubs being better than /mhg/

AFAIK as long as you don't do an attack that would topple it, it doesn't matter. I think staggering actually helps the mounter.

No

that's actually a great question that i don't know the answer too.

you'd assume it would be safe to wail on it while it's being mounted, and then wail on it some more when it's down.

but i don't know.

>Dauntless
Thanks I'll pass.

Is there any other headgear that has Constitution?

For fuck sake doing a bow build certainly results in the worst fucking possible armor combination.

>he shells with a gunlance

DELET

you need to kill a tempered elder dragon to get one of those dragoncore shards

Search for your favorite monster as a plush and see if they have one, then post it, and rate how good you think it is.

>Zinogre
6/10, looks pretty dopey.

I think it's fine as long as you're not trying to break anything that makes the monster stagger weirdly, like Blos's horns. And obviously don't cut the tail

No keep wailing, it'll just fall early if you do. People get pissy since they don't get there weak mounted special attack off.

Monster mounting is a bit different now, Just wail on it.

>he cares what other people use in a coop party game
pathetic lmao

>he posts monika

any word on full on character re customization feature?
i'd pay money to re-do my shitskin hunter.

All of them look dopey that's the best part

Poogie is for petting and nothing else

Are you implying that IG is bad?

People are generally pretty good here. I've played with people on 4U and I've rarely had a bad time, except for the occasional meme spouting autist who gets kicked after he carts once

hit as much as you want. There is no reason not to. The worst you can do is make the monster fall over before the mounter does it themselves.

>it's a 4chin is actually really good at video games episode

I don't watch fake news

>he doesn't shell with Gunlance

I see. Thanks, anons.

>playing solo is now the shitter way to play
Whats the point?

Because squads are like the discord. A huge circle jerk and if you don't use a mic constantly the leader will boot you. Squads don't fit in with Anonymous culture at all.

Whats the highest a handicraft charm can reach?

>Tired of solo Kirin
>Decide to go online against my better judgement
>bow retard dies twice within the first 5 minutes
>The other idiot using axe mode with 2 people around him
>And then this happens
At least hammerbro did his job properly.

Damn I really want razorsharp but Xeno'jiva's regular skills are fucking lame. Flinch Free? Seriously? Anyway, what do those symbols on the decorations slot mean? Some of them look different and although Xeno's skills suck, it has a shitload of gem slots so I guess I can make something work.

Speaking of mounting, are there attacks you just can't brace through? Seems like whenever something tries to headbutt a wall while i'm mounted on their face, i get knocked off even if i'm bracing

>tfw bow user
>tfw everyone rerolled bow
what weapon to go for next, anons?
I wasted all my money and materials on different bows so now is the time to change up

How does the HBG shield attachment stack up against Lance and Gunlance for blocking, and does it block while aiming and shooting of just passively aiming?

discharge is suboptimal

Tell me about tempering. How much affinity can I get on a rank6 weapon? Can I put other stuff on it on top of that?

*spends 15 minutes gathering and doing fuck all before catching up to you and then leaving after carting twice*

just play naked with a rarity 1 weapon bro

>he doesn't know

Move towards the rear of the monster then, you retard

>This is supposed to be Gore Magala

What the fuck 3/10

>bracing to get smashed into a wall

Rank 6 stuff I believe you can temper 3 times, and you can keep selecting the same upgrade, so 5%,10%, or 15% affinity

That was me and I did it intentionally. Get memed on faggot.

That's why I set my language to same language. But fuck, getting a Jap for SOS is pretty shitty.

Some are a lot better suited than others. Look at this 10/10 Pukei.

That's what you get for being a huntress shitter.

Annoys me when you Co-Op Kirin and a bunch of shitters don't buff their HP and cart like crazy. Had a number of people join my hunt, cart twice and then quit because they get one or two shotted

>wasting a mod slot on shield

>Wanted to have fun with GL
>Apparently the best combo is sweep > recharge > burst > repeat

Its cute. I collect MH stuff and focus a lot on Zinogre and got it as a gift. Plushes always look dopey.

Help me bros. Is it worth "graduating" to a new weapon type from LS after all the time and resources I put into upgrading and going through the LS tree? I'm not even in HR yet but seeing everyone using the LS makes me feel like a normie. What's the next best thing?

So is there no hidden tree after the last ones initially? The Xeno weapons look really shit and are just normal weapons with some stuff on them, surely there's a tree after right?

cute handler plush

post more

Bullies from Granblue Fantasy General has an active Mon hun squad if anyone needs an invite.

Well yeah I figured that out pretty quickly, I'm just asking cause bracing seems fucking useless now

Without spoiling too much....

Do I get to craft Nergigante weapon in LR?

>finally get my first warrior streamstone
>its for bowguns

Solo tempered nerg no armor/cat proofs?

Hm, ok. Was trying to see if I could make some of the wep trees that end in rank6 able to compete with rank8s which doesn't seem possible. That affinity is only 7.5% more effective damage.

Rare 6 can be tempered 3 times, Rare 7 twice, and Rare 8 once. Different Augments are Attack, Affinity, Slots, Defense, and Healing

I thought Affinity gave 10% per augment?

I bet my left asscheek as DLC gets released the weapon tree will expand.

Gives the slickest G-rank armor ever
>7/10 they managed to fit those sabreteeth in

no

Which bow type is the meme weapon? Is it hbg or lbg?

>full bursting with 3 artillery and the +1 shell skill
>200 dmg every burst

Yeah there's another tree, when G rank comes out next year.

I use LS and GL. I just alternate between them on a whim really.

Where are the tempered Teo tracks?

Where do I buy it

>WTF I WAS GOING TO SEND THE OTHER GUY FLYING BUT HE SENT ME FLYING BEFORE I GOT THE CHANCE
>WOW ONLINE IS FULL OF SHITTERS

It sure is.

>Help me bros I cant think for myself and am so insecure in my weapon choice that I need people on a Taiwanese string fetish forum to validate me

Fuck off