/rsg/ Runescape general

noMAD edition.

previous thread: Official World: 42
Official FC: "grindanfc"
Clan: GrindanScape (For an invite, go into the FC and ask for one. Requirements: 1500 total, Membership, at least one week active play)

>I've been inactive since the First Age, what did I miss?
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Game_updates
>Latest Patch Notes
services.runescape.com/m=forum/l=0/sl=0/forums.ws?15,16,91,65978797
>Latest Update
services.runescape.com/m=news/month-ahead-february-18?jptg=ia&jptv=community_news
>2018's Year Ahead Video
youtube.com/watch?v=k-tYcYJEknQ
's Year Ahead Dev Q&A
youtube.com/watch?v=olccC9ACA30

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/4utwdg/runescape_remastered_announced/d5swran/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hYNMQ_2QjhebZJsMCXEGDarEekOT1uZiPGx0i26ILps
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SqjgJnZShBTzuodTTcmlaPhdGu9xHkXLHx-JkvskofI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE HELP ME AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

2nd for End Combat sucks

Third for dungeoneering sucks.

How?

But tortles are fun. You only do them for, at the very max being retarded slow, 190 hours before 200m. You can't burn out that quickly.

6 that goddamn credit? dead it

think a crackhead paying you back shit forget it

I saw an account the other day that had no combat stats but 120 slayer. I asked him how he did it and he said he used lamps. That dude had to of bought keys right? How many fucking keys does it take to get to 120 slayer holy fuck

Is the dps difference between sirenic and superior morrigan big?

>That dude had to of bought keys right?
Yeah.
TH has made niche accounts like skillers with max slayer or dungeoneering a complete joke
I mean they were already a joke but now they aren't even respected in their own community
probably spent a few grand on it
Dovydas maxed an account from scratch using TH only and it cost something like $20,000

End of the day not that noticeable but sirenic does have higher dose output.

just unlocked steel titans, how do i use them for big slayer gainz?
can revo activate the spec?

not sure since revo++ but remember to enchant your slayer helm to hold the scrolls for you mi amigo

Reminder, you can just put scrolls into the summon itself to activate at intervals that you decide.

oh well thats much better maybe ill finally get around to using some of those like 10k unicorn pouches i made

only combat familiars with combat scrolls.

HOW

By using the scrolls on the familiar.

wow shit thanks man, did not know about this

I see Jagex has finally dropped the facade that runescape is anything other than a skinner box

Why are some of the rocks bigger than the others?

I hope leddit hates the m&s test
It has to be scrapped

I hope they go through with it and later expand it to 120 mining and smithing just to screw you over, faggot.

It's pretty much a guarantee they're going to shit on it relentlessly.

They've said multiple times they're not going to expand M&S to 120 and based on the feedback/reception for Slayer 120 probably not do it for any other skills either

I like the mechanics of the rework. The thing that worries me is the effect it will have on PVM profitability, particularly rune dragons, and the effectiveness of the spring cleaner.

>effectiveness of the spring cleaner
don't worry about the spring cleaner, it will still work on things other than metal armors/weapons
this is literally a jmod answer from a stream a while back :^)

into diango it goes

I don't kill anything that drops bstaves in any capacity to warrant the use of the cleaner. I use it exclusively to deconstruct rune drops from slayer/GWD. If it were to ever lose its usefulness for profitable deconstruction it is worthless to me.

not to mention that battlestaves currently make you lose money

Without metal item drops the spring cleaner will be absolutely useless
so useless that springs crashing in price probably won't even save it

>They've said multiple times
Bahahaha when has Jagex lied right? It's not like they constantly have released updates for the past 4 years that piss everyone off? Skills being increased to 120 is inevitable for the sake of content, probably not anytime soon however.

When's the drop table butchering going to happen so that pvmbabbies can start crying?

When the M&S rework happens, so between one year and literally never.

>he thinks skillers are safe

Yes? Profits will increase massively for skillers when the only way to get certain items will be by skilling, like seeds and herbs which are needed to make pvmbabbies' precious overloads. Farm runs will be great again.

you realize this is going to just remove armor/weapons and replace them with alchables that have the same gp value they have today, right?

Everyone laugh at this retard.

I have no idea what does this have to do with herbs and seeds.

because youre a retard lmao

exactly, nothing
removing herbs and seeds from drop tables are a completely different project that Timbo wants to do but he never ever gave an estimate of when

Well that's the one I'm talking about, obviously. Why think I'm referring to the one that doesn't involve seeds and herbs if I am talking about them?

your first post didn't mention anything and since we were already talking about one item drops rebalancing, it's just easy to assume you were following the same discussion

But the second post did mention herbs and seeds, and yet the reply to that one still acted like I was talking about the smithing-rework.

because you pulled seeds/herbs out of your ass in a conversation where it wasn't mentioned not even once

The conversation started here was about drop table butchering, which includes the drop table butchering involving seeds and herbs. Your first reply assuming I was talking about the smithing rework was acceptable (even though only Timbo's butchering is the one that will affect pvmbabbies) but after the second reply made it explicitly clear that I was talking about the butchering involving seeds and herbs, you had no reason to keep thinking I was still talking about the smithing rework one.

I'm glad I will never know what its like to have a double digit IQ.

but did you?

But you already know that, you play Runescape.
>inb4 "I don't play runescape I just so happen to stay in these nigh-dead threads" which would also prove your double digit IQ anyways

I'm at 9, so I just need to try a little bit harder and I'll get there

did I what?

yeah that's what I thought

LOL

delete this.

/rsg/ - Proving MMO players are the least intelligent gamers yet found.

don't really need /rsg/ for that
have you even spent 10 minutes at mod mark's fc?
damn it's an experience, teaches you to appreciate the little things in life so much

>have you even spent 10 minutes at mod mark's fc?
no cause he banned me after 10 seconds when I called him "markdonalds".

shame

>have you even spent 10 minutes at mod mark's fc?
No but every clan I have ever been in (about 6, not including the RS Wiki clan) has been similar levels of stupidity. And even when I was in RS Wiki there were retards asking "HOW TO GET X ITEM??????????"

>"markdonalds"
10/10

how 2 beat spooder

wait for instakill darts to come back

hit it until it dies

>Skills being increased to 120 is inevitable for the sake of content
I think it's much more likely Jagex does something like release a new version of RS you can't port your character to than expanding existing skills to 120.

Raising the ceiling of skills to require hundreds of hours of grinding is not good for the health of the game. It pushes endgame further away from new players (something Jagex is absolutely desperate for) and alienates mid-high level players even more from elite players.
Something like this would be the final death blow to RS's population.

Hell I'd probably quit and most of my stats are in to 105-110 range just from doing content I find fun.

>use a rolled up newspaper

First you need solak crossbows

>Something like this would be the final death blow to RS's population
Another 120 skill will make me quit the game forever. I'm at 115 slayer and 113 dungeoneering and I cannot see the end yet, the time to 120 these skills is outright unreasonable. Invention is fine due to it being so damn fast and my ability to train it while furthering my 120 slayer goal.

>110 slayer when Menaphos came out
>took me over 6 months to get 120, basically only doing that when I logged in
It REALLY burned me out forcing myself to get back to max. 120 was such a huge fucking mistake for this game.

Honestly I'm considering making the jump to old school. My stats are only in the 40s-50s but I feel like it's a "safer" game to play.
I don't have to worry about any ridiculous bullshit being added like 120 fucking summoning or construction.
and not to bring up another point of contention but they don't have auras either. I hate how auras basically lock out PVM content for hours at a time because your shit is on cooldown

>120 fucking summoning or construction.
people keep bringing up summoning at the next 120. does this have any basis in reality or are people just stating a worst-case scenario?

In addition, you would need at maximum 116,495 blue charms to get 120 summoning straight from 99. I don't think theres a player in the game with that many charms.

> does this have any basis in reality or are people just stating a worst-case scenario?
content wise, it's the only one that makes sense
like, at 99 you have steel titan, you can guess it would go up to rune like the minotaurs

Slayer was already everyone's favourite pastime and it doubles with training invention at the same time.

120 mining would just be me having a reason to actually login so I can afk at seren stones, or at least shitpost on grindanfc while I'm at it.

I think Osborne mentioned it offhand once as a skill that would be "easy" to expand to 120 because the rewards are fairly straight forward.

Bare minimum you need to make 21 new familiars
Mithril Titan
Adamant Titan
Rune Titan
Drakolith Titan
Necrite Titan
Elder Runite TItan
34 inv space BoB
36 inv space BoB
38 inv space BoB
40 inv space BoB

You get the idea. That's half their work done for them and there's still room to add skilling familiars that invisibly boost skills, or provide more item xp for invention, or whatever other stuff they want to do.

I see.

Consider the following: All the post-99 summoning familiars would be dead-content if they aren't direct upgrades to the pack yak and nihils. Winter storage and the nihil accuracy boost, in many cases, are the best utilities you can get from familiars. If there is not something that provides an upgrade to that utility, no one will use it.

I'd honestly prefer new skills than trying to rework or expand existing ones.

>like release a new version of RS you can't port your character
you can't be serious, that's 10 times worse and more potentially-player-scaring than just adding another 120. it's not like it'd be an osrs scenario where people wanted to return to their nostalgia and voted for it by the dozens of thousands.

Everyone but me is wrong.

I would argue that a 40 inv space BOB would still be used even without Winter Storage at some places
but you're right about the nihils

>All the post-99 summoning familiars would be dead-content if they aren't direct upgrades to the pack yak and nihils.
I completely agree, which is why the 118,119, and 120 familiars would probably be
>direct nihil upgrade
>BoB that has winter storage like ability
>direct titan upgrade

Jagex devs are too predictable and eager to have their content used to make anything else

Any other option is dead content though, so it's objectively the best choice. That's just how RS3 players are. That's why everyone was mad that Menaphos wasn't endgame and just mid-tier.

>you can't be serious
It's already happening and Jagex stands to pull in way more new players with a 'clean slate' MMO people can join and not have to play catch-up with 16 years of shit than they do advertising RS3 to them.

reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/4utwdg/runescape_remastered_announced/d5swran/

>still believing any of that is coming

I wasn't mad at Menaphos not being end-game
I was mad because they had us do mid-level content for hours to unlock the quests
If they had said "hey this whole city is aimed at mid-levels" and the quests were unlocked from the beginning (provided that you have the other quest requirements), I wouldn't complain about anything

>It's already happening
I know about RS Remastered, but there's nothing that says it will force new players to make a new account.

>That's why everyone was mad that Menaphos wasn't endgame and just mid-tier.
people weren't mad about that, everyone knew going into it that Menaphos was mid-tier

people were mad that shit like the quests were locked behind a reputation grind that was tacked on to force high level players to "engage" with mid-tier training
until soul obelisks started popping up and menaphos turned into a ghost town on every world that didn't have one

>chronicle
>live
>idle adventures
>coming soon
>rpg battler
>2017

yeah oK

>I would argue that a 40 inv space BOB would still be used even without Winter Storage at some places
Like with Oxyx bolts (e), it would likely have a use in marathon scenarios where you need more food than you do accuracy or damage. So something like trio HM Vorago and the similar.

I dont understand what youre talking about. The only thing bad about Menaphos was the grid to unlock the quests.

Did you read mod balance's post?
>Some people have commented with concerns this will replace RuneScape or mean they lose their progress. To clarify - this game is not designed to replace RuneScape at all. It is not RS4, it would be a new game using the RuneScape brand. RuneScape and your progress within RuneScape is here to stay!
So your RS3 character is stuck on RS3 and if you want to play RS:R you need to start a fresh character

>If they had said "hey this whole city is aimed at mid-levels"
They did.
>people weren't mad about that, everyone knew going into it that Menaphos was mid-tier
Bullshit, it was all over r*ddit, endless people constantly repeating to others that the city is supposed to be mid tier and they should've known, to which the other side responded that "mid tier" in rs3 is almost non existant and you get out of it extremely quickly, I mean, you already go from level 3 to 40 after doing waterfall quest, that's half the journey already. And thus that endgame pandering is better because it panders to far more people and lasts longer too.

Just because people were also complaining about the req grind doesn't mean the above didn't happen too.

Forgot to mention; 120 construction would require 651,705 mahogany planks using floatsome prawnbrokers at maximum, costing about 1220m which puts it out of the realm of possibility for pretty much everyone in the game. Dont ask how long it would take to actually make all of them, I have no idea.

they're still hiring for it

they were complaining because they had to do mid-level content to unlock the quests
not because it was mid-level content

>Did you read mod balance's post?
Did you? Nowhere does it say you'll be forced to lose your progress and it's just a game with the RS brand since it's not RS4, also more importantly that your RS progress is "here to stay".

Slayer is also quite fast though. Even revo++ hits an average of about 400k/h or so. Tryharding can hit 1m+ on specific tasks.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hYNMQ_2QjhebZJsMCXEGDarEekOT1uZiPGx0i26ILps
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SqjgJnZShBTzuodTTcmlaPhdGu9xHkXLHx-JkvskofI
Doing it as fast as possible on good tasks and as lazy as possible on other tasks has always been enjoyable. I just sort of got 120 along the way of training it. Will probably end up with 200m before it gets tiring.
It's only not fun when you do tasks 'wrong' so to speak. Like using revo on glacors, ignoring ripper specs, killing regular greater demons, neglecting to use prayer or potions, banking every single bone manually without notepaper or yak, etc. Things that are just interrupting and annoying.

DG can just be practically forgotten about with dailies and sinks. But honestly, it's some of the most fun content in the game with good players.
Dungeon crawling just rushing through paths as fast as possible and clearing out any challenge in front of you, with the only risk on death being a reduction in XP.

Neither are worth quitting over. Like, what the hell.

You didn't read the post did you?

>I dont understand what youre talking about.
I'm talking about hordes of people complaining about them not being pandered to. The same people that complain each time comp cape gets new requirements.

This general too had people asking if there was anything of worth in Menaphos and most people claiming there wasn't, cause it was mid tier and thus irrelevant.

yes I did

Yeah but obviously if RS Remastered becomes wildly popular they'll shift their development priorities to that. Basically forcing you to 'start over' in RSR if you want to play the most current version of RS.

RSR is going to mark the end of RS3 which will go down as the red headded step child of the Runescape family

Then why are you acting like someone who didn't read the post at all since the post addresses what you just stated? Try actually reading it this time.

Again, that would only hurt the playerbase more than anything and even if you combine both osrs and rs3's it doesn't even reach the player numbers RS had back then, why would a new game with a new account without osrs nostalgia suddenly have more?

Also again, they just said it's not RS4 which is exactly what you're making it out to be.

stop moving goalposts
people complained about mid-level content because they were forced to do them
like many other mid-level content that was added and wasn't complained about

>stop moving goalposts
What goalposts am I moving? You're the one acting like the only thing people complained about was req grind.