> How to Webm
obsproject.com
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/si1cjg
dropbox.com/sh/nml8l9aic85mfda/AAC2XLaYGwzFdx8qHMW3IGlNa?dl=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for FFMPEG.

Stop making turn based RPG and platformers.

ok i know that the people aren't pixel aligned but i promise that all the gui and menus are
its just that the people move at weird speeds
does that buy me any goodwill?
i promise no rixels and no mixels

Why? Was there ever a good indie turn based RPG?

What kind of posts do your tumblr blogs get the most attention? Just videos? Just images? Actual blog style updates with an intermix of text and media?

Trying to make the most out of what I post.

Help me choose a game to make /agdg/
poal.me/si1cjg

Just make a prototype of each idea and choose the one you liked best.

But I don't care about other genres.

Stop me.

>change one line in an unreal project, iteratively trying to determine the cause of a bug
>cl.exe spends the next 5-10 minutes churning away on precompiled unreal engine headers and opening .dlls
I WANT TO FUCKING DIE UFCK FUKC FUCK

what should i make instead?

>using C++ in this day and age

lmfao

Couldn't get them fucking quite yet.
I found a movement pattern I liked though.

PROGRESS
I fixed my car door.

There's a border now.

You dropping the 3x3 tile formula for free movement then huh.

>Here's how to develop this program in Android Studio
>There's no indication on how you're supposed to work this into Android Studio
>Go into the Chapter 1 code and see there's no gradle to import
>Go into the Appendix and see there is
>No idea how to import the Chapter 1 code into my Appendix code

I am very impressed at how visually interesting you are able to make your game.

Just change your build target to Android in Unity.

Yes

ur a shader wizard!

Just change your export target to Android in Godot.

omg can I play it?

Progress. Now there`s tree different cameras, one that is close, one long and another very long. Also added camera smothing, I don`t know if it looks better with it or people like cameras with or without it, so I think I will add a option in the menu to activate and deactivate it. Also now the script from yesterday draws scenes in eight directions now.

>the chad stride

One thing games often do is add the velocity of the player to the camera, that way the camera will move ahead of the player letting them see more of where they're going.
Also the zoom levels should smoothly transition.

Google "Terraria" :)

Is this you, Terraria devs?
Speak to me about a collaboration
-N

sent ;)

webm compression ruined the colors, but here's the basic animation for the new parry/riposte.
i still have to detail the last few sprites in the animation.

>tfw waiting for love 0.11.0 so that you can have openAL effects on sounds

>make a simple day/night thing in unity
>it's basically rotating the sun
>when it goes "down" the skybox and the ground gets dark
>but the sun still illuminates objects from below the terrain
>people on the internet say "just add a reflection probe and a light probe group to your scene, that'll fix it!"
>it doesn't work
fucking hate the unity lighting system. i have no idea how to fix this, it literally lights objects while ignoring the ground.

I think he/she/it should have the sword further out, or something. Now it looks more like a defence/block move, despite clearly doing damage.

Just turn the sun off bro.

I'm making a grand strategy game.

if i turn it off and then on at sunrise, i won't get a nice sunrise with a changing color, and i can't turn it on before it starts changing color because then it'll illuminate everything but the ground just like it does now.

I feel like your game looked way better in lower res. It has lots all of its style without any of the benefit of huge, detailed characters. Now it just looks like you nearest neighbour resized your sprites or something.

Just my opinion.

>unironically using the default skybox

also literally every engine with a directional light lights in that direction regardless of occlusion, that's the whole point of a directional light

hmmmmm
the parry reflects projectiles for its duration and the counterattack is only triggered on a melee, which is why i kept it close to the player. i'll try it out though.

yeah, only the player is high-res right now

>only way to layer tilesets in Game Maker Studio 2 is to create a new tileset depth layer for every y cell in the room
>engine drops to half the FPS with 400 layers even though there's only like 25 on the screen at once
>only alternative is to make every single thing with any sort of graphic an object

This is a mistake

Who has VR to test my shitty viking builder game?

i followed a tutorial 1:1 and it doesn't work
moreover, i literally disabled a reflection probe and enabled it again and now the whole terrain is lit with GI when it's dark. I disabled GI completely and rebaked and it's still the same.

game maker was the mistake

nice webm though, keep it up my dude

>Open the command-line terminal. Navigate to the current JNI folder path and execute ndk-build.
>Android NDK: Could not find application project directory !
>Android NDK: Please define the NDK_PROJECT_PATH variable to point to it.

>layer tilesets

what does this mean? you can't have a background layer, middle layer and foreground layer? that's laughable

Should I make an elaborate character creator for a game where you never actually see the character since they will always be inside a mech?

i agree with this user but last time i said this everyone called me retarded

You shouldn't ever make an elaborate character creator, don't waste time with useless fluff unless the game is done already.

I've finally switched from an actual C# console to a console I made in Monogame. The future is now.

lol
Thanks, very useful advice!, will work on it.

Yes, but to do it with 3D collision and know what is in front of what depending on the height of the ground you need every y tile in the room to have a different value. I have a back, middle, and top layer, but each of those has its own separate layer for each y.

The official GameMaker devs answer is to just make everything an object, but fuck that. I just wrote this script to redraw the room. The performance is worse, but it's way, way more convenient.

Still taking enemy suggestions, though i probably wont finish them tonight.

i respect your opinion, but i was way too limited with what i could do in low res.

you can't attach your own data to the tiles? a height value?

Opinions on the memory statistics of my Unity Android game?

Been remaking my engine with better design after I realized how bloated all my code was becoming, I'm about 400-500 lines of code deep (probably 300 without comments I imagine)

Only problem is now I hate all my assets and want to use different ones but I'm autistic about making everything myself
>tfw ugly alpha assets

What you mean 400 lines?
Is that how many lines of code your engine has?

I think he's saying he has written 400 new lines of code so far.

the witcher 3 uses 3 and half gigs so fuck it.

Only by which layer you put it in, but it needs a different depth value for every y, and tiles don't run or receive instructions so you can't change or get the y value while it's running. In objects you can basically just do depth = -y and it works.

How bout you fuck off lad

Memory is the least of your worries, GPU is the bottleneck on low-end devices, and CPU in high-end.

I'm making an endless runner for Android!

Actually I underestimated a bit, including tests and comments I've written 900 lines of code over the course of about 4 days.

Feels a bit directionless at times, even with a design document to work off.

What resolution should I optimize my game's assets for? My target platform is going to be desktop computers. The assets aren't pixel art. I've been googling the hell out of this question all day and it seems the answers I'm getting are 50/50:
A) Build the assets for the most popular resolution for the target system and then let the players scale it up or down
B) Build the assets at a lower resolution of a chosen aspect ratio (16:9 in this case) so that most players have to scale it up since graphics scaled up look better than ones scaled down

>It's a city builder but with a large scope playing throughout the ages with important political and economic decisions...

>A 'Grand City Builder' if you will

Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies

Hierarchical state machine is go

What engine?

I prefer to keep all textures and sprites as power of 2's. So I'll just choose the resolution that has the most detail I want for whatever the main focus of the game is, whether it's a character or space ship or whatever, and then base everything else on that. It also depends on how big the main focus is going to be on the screen, if it's tiny then it wont need big assets, if it takes up half the screen then it will need higher res assets.
And when you make the textures or sprites always make them higher resolution than you intend to use, and export them at a lower resolution. That way if you ever do need to adjust the resolution of an asset all you need to do is export it again at a different size.

Making a silly Dragon Ball Advance Adventure clone called Cosmic Boll:
dropbox.com/sh/nml8l9aic85mfda/AAC2XLaYGwzFdx8qHMW3IGlNa?dl=0

>game for Android
>I prefer to keep all textures and sprites as power of 2's

Not like you have much choice there, champ. Unless you're going to assume that every mobile GPU out there handles non-po2 textures, which would be a very bad assumption.

Nice sprites

literally who

>Dragon Ball Advance Adventure clone
>Dragon Ball Advance is literally just a generic beat 'em up

? That's like making a FPS and saying it's a Halo clone.

should i make a 2d tbs in SDL2 or should i use something like gamemaker?

Is it safe to use 4096x4096 textures these days if I'm only targeting desktops?

Yes

What about 8192x8192?

Ah jeez, I replied to the wrong post, I'm sorry.

This is for you:

Sure, but I'm mainly going for the particular feeling Advance Adventure's controls and combat had.

Man the fuck up and use 65,536x65,536 like the rest of the first world user

>it's my favorite game from my childhood so I compare all games to it

No need to hide it, user.

>I don't know anything about THIS GENRE so every game that looks similar must be the same in GENRE !

Well, that's a little extreme for pixel shit. I just don't want to do any texture swaps.

>I'M MAKING AN ANGBAND CLONE
>you mean a roguelike?
>SHUT UP YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING IT'S SUPER SPECIAL AND NOTHING AT ALL LIKE YOUR NORMAL ROGUELIKE I GOT IT FOR CHRISTMAS WHEN I WAS 5 AND ITS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER MADE

>dumb frogposter writes retarded posts
surprising absolutely no-one

i just want to make a modern game but kinda like the games i grew up with the in 80s. if no one plays it. well it only took maybe 2 months.

iv'e got at least 6 our so dream games.

It's okay, user. I understand. I have a lot of nostalgia for Link's Awakening, myself. I mean, I'm not delusional like you so I don't think LA was the first action adventure game ever made, but I get where you're coming from.

Are you retarded? There's more to a game than just its genre.

If someone is making a Sonic clone then it's not gonna be anything like a Mario game. They're both platformers but vastly different.

How are you even building your levels? editing each layer individually?

Oh, I get it. So you're not making a clone. You're making a chinese knockoff. Why didn't you say so. I think there's another general for rom hacking, though. You should move your idea guy reskinning blog over there.

Why are you being such a dick?

stop feeding the troll

He's trying to get a rise out of people.

Because it's gross when people think the first game they played in is the origin of ;^)

there is definitely a big difference between 80s when there were no rules to beyond when they started getting strategic. our maybe it's just me. ok i'm done.