/acg/ - Animal Crossing General

#1314 - Groundhog Day Edition
Previous: >How to play New Leaf/Pocket Camp online with /acg/
People need to add each other's Friend Codes in order to visit.
Put your name and FC in the name field to save time.

>The Basics
ACNL basics guide - thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/
AC wiki - animalcrossing.wikia.com or nookipedia.com
The "pthhhpth" pastebin (FAQ) - pastebin.com/jU4CeWhu
Brand New Catch - thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/today
Pocket Camp FAQ - pastebin.com/5WErjXrV
Pocket Camp Tulip Breeding Guide - i.imgur.com/gNbbmJS.png

>Furniture & Collectibles
Item database - moridb.com/
Museum checklist - mediafire.com/file/0p18zy41jkxsy8a/

>Customization Guide
Image/Pattern Converter - thulinma.com/acnl
All furniture customizations - customnewleaf.tumblr.com imgur.com/a/mfGqi
Image2QR code - mediafire.com/download/d0g3vj88g0gk1pf/Version 0.4.zip
Pro Designs Android app - play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.nefastudio.android.dmoridesigner
QR paths - pathmagic.tumblr.com acnlpaths.tumblr.com

>Happy Home Designer
All villagers & items - happyhomedesigner.wikia.com
FAQ - pastebin.com/f8pnU0wr
Amiibo cards - nintendo.co.jp/3ds/edhj/amiibocard/index.html

>Upcoming Birthdays
3rd - Olivia
4th - Lily
5th - Penelope

>Upcoming Holidays & Events
10th - Fishing Tourney
12th - Festivale
14th - Valentine's Day

>Misc.
Neighbor move in/camper reset trick - i.imgur.com/meQutqI.png
What is the void? - pastebin.com/9KPbdnSY
Preventing moveouts - pastebin.com/avaKnPPc
Welcome Amiibo FAQ - pastebin.com/aAbMZwmM
ACNL OST - pastebin.com/bPyY03LK
Upload to Imgur via 3DS browser - webrender.net/imgur/
Dream codes - pastebin.com/PCmJZ5WA

i want phoebe to bully me with her hot braaaps

I l-love Leesi...

Add me! Do it!

84715383739 - Ishtar

Bat for you!

Do you need bats?

SO THEY'RE FINALLY HERE

PERFORMING FOR YOU

I'd have liked to put the harpsichord on my band too, but there is no space for it anymore.
It would probably look good with the goth furniture.

post ducksonas

Yes Im here

Im ready whenever you are

Do they not even give us some dialogue for Groundhog Day on PC, like they did for the other minor holidays?
Or is it just regional?

>I'm at 55 / 35
>still need to plant and harvest 165 gothic purple roses for the flower trade
>still need to plant and harvest 150 gothic red roses for the flower trade
I can pretty much power-gift a friend who hasn't even started the event yet all the way through Part 1.

Every animal was talking about it this morning (in US).

I have a restaurant setting up but I wish I could put up some drums as well

>recreate my life in this game
>tfw no friends in two universes

Is Stirner already begging for help?

Not until part 2 at least

Interesting that they made these things regional. I'm from Norway and nobody mentioned groundhog day.
But I guess it's kind of interesting, I wonder if this means we'll get a special greeting on some holiday that's only celebrated here or in Scandinavia in general.

I'm in US and didn't get any special dialogues, but the game probably thinks I'm in Straya still.

It might be language based, I saw a message despite not being in America. God kveld! Hvordan går det?

>tfw someone on your friends list fills out your garden with bats
>tfw their garden isn't ready
>tfw another friend does the same thing and their garden also isn't ready
>tfw have to keep track of who I owe a garden full of bats

I know we got a mention for Saint Nicholas day in Europe, not sure about America.

Nice snap, I need to step my game up.

In other news, only a Japanese game developer could brazenly (though not necessarily intentionally) have a whole event and aesthetic centered around a 'goth' theme straight out of the late 80s/early 90s. I can't see any modern Dev in the west with their need to be self aware and on trend, being so ballsy as to have a fat Gothic Lolita make you collect bats and roses all day and night. PC might be shit but it's my kind of shit.

this

Well, it's not like gothic lolita is something different from normal goth stuff and still popular there.

>””””cool””” stuff includes flame patterned clothes and a barrel fire
>”””hip””” set has a clown and all the furniture is for literal manchildren

this game is something else

>boy wearing the gothic lolita dress

I only share bats to get red rose seeds from Lottie. I don't want to get them back in return, I don't need them for anything.

>Dev in the west
>Nintendo

user...
This shit is STILL popular in Japan.

>ackbar.jpg

I’m done, but still plantin and givin bats. Need pots.

I wouldn't say so, I'm half Japanese and live here currently. It's part of the general cultural language, visual-kei was a huge impact for example, but nowadays it's definitely niche. Unless you're talking about the fashiony people who take cues from gothic aesthetic in their style. Otherwise you're talking otakus and weirdos in akiba and AC in Japan is definitely not exclusively and otaku in nipland.

Have you heard of Huey Lewis and the News?

Lol *AC in Japan is definitely not exclusively for/played by otakus in nipland.

I see that Stitches wants the vitamin colored remake of the kiddie set to come to my camp, but I still haven't gotten everyone else who wants the regular kiddie stuff yet. If I make a kiddie thing and recraft it into the vitamin colors, will it still count the normal colors for completion, or do I need to have a copy in my inventory?

too bad this game has no axes

Craft once for whomever needs the basic colour and invite them. Then recolour them for the ones that need them recoloured. You don't need to craft the basic item twice.

I think you took what I said out of context. Obviously the general public isn't going to go out dressed like that. It's popular in the media sense. It's prevalent in games, music, and other digital mediums. Maybe popular isn't the exact word for it?

t-thanks

I never get rustic essence in my quarry reeeeee

Would someone mind ordering some sleek furniture for me?
I only have the carpet, sofa, bed, clock and table, so I still need the chair, dresser, closet, side table, lamp, sideboard, stereo, and the wall.

thanks Nix, that was a huge chunk of golds

You're both on the right track I think. Another Tokyo resident chiming in, there's an alternative fashion awareness but it's definitely niche and unpopular. No one really cares if you dress in such a style, it's usually trendy people or young teens who are into it. Sometimes idols and celebrities will wear something like that for events or promotional things, but it's part of their image and less about popularity.

I did, just so I have 1 of everything.

That's cool, just saying it's not necessary for invites. Glad I freed myself from the completionist autism a while ago.

>tfw already gave away all my other gold bats
>tfw not sure if I should send back the 1 bat or if that could be interpreted as being stingy

A bat is a bat, my dude. Fuck them if they're offended by it in some way.

The bats are so easy to catch this time around that everybody will have a surplus of them and nobody will think anything one way or the other about which bat you're sharing.

please continue posting you ease my anxiety

The first part was very easy during the Rover event. It's the second part people are worried about.

part 2 will be rough on me since i happens during a busy work period. i don't know why they didn't schedule it for the weekend instead. i'm going to compensate with leaf tickets though.

It still took me until the day before the end of the first half to complete the red dahlias part of the event, and that was with various degrees of sharing with other /acg/ anons. It's now only the second day of the event and I'm already sitting on 59/60 of the golden bats with 20 red roses in the ground (which, if you remember, take only 3 hours to sprout and not 4 hours like the red dahlias).

The catch rates on all of the bats have gone up across the board compared to the butterflies, so there are literally people that got done with the first half of this event less than 48 hours into it. If the trend continues (and it will, due to backlash from the Rover event), then the second half of the Lottie event will be fairly reliably completed.

>cute goth girls giving you bats, bells and kudos all day
>but none of them will ever give you their number
>no way for them to mail and send cheeky messages even if they wanted to
my heart hurts when i play this game
i want deeper bonds instead of superficial resource sharing

i can check tomorrow

Bob’s such a fag

>when will Animal Crossing add advanced gameplay features like helping me find a girlfriend?

I’ll be honest, user, I don’t like the idea of this at all. You’re playing AC, look at your mail, and get messages from really lonely strangers. Like, I just want to play the game and relax.

>such a fag
take that back

Why are mushrooms and kiddy furniture/animals considered hip? Is this some translational thing?

To give away I have:
1 desert vista (Saharah wallpaper)
1 ski-slope floor (Snowman Bingo flooring)
1 silver nugget
8 unassessed fossils

I have all the standard and Sanrio ACNL Welcome Amiibo cards and figurines. Would anyone like me to scan a villager or NPC?

My Snowman Bingo numbers are 4, 26, and 31. I need 27 for Bingo.

maybe it was supposed to be funky.

Someone explain to me the difference between hip and cool.

One day they'll make the hitboxes smaller. we'll hold hands one day. also thanks for the butterfly!

Is anyone's Re-Tail still open?

It's might be some strange Japanese translation.

>fairly new to new leaf
>playing for almost 3 months
>mfw only have 2 pieces from the rococo set

hip is like sunglasses and a half coat in a cafe holding a cappuccino and cool is like someone who rides a motorcycle and wears a leather jacket but don't give a fuck.

The icon for cool essence in Pocket Camp is literally a pair of sunglasses I think.

cool people can have sunglasses to but hip sunglasses are like the brown colored lens kind

Want me to order you the whole set for tomorrow evening? Also do you want these items

damn when'd this become pocket camp general

There's talk of New Leaf. Just not as much.

>when'd
never ???
>Animal Crossing General
>animal crossing pocket camp
>literally in the game's title
we're all still discussing ac, m8

when New Leaf got old as fuck to those of us who played it since launch

I love this.

Why have the RNG gods forsaken me.

i ain't hatin just surprised

i hope this doesn't mean i can't be all new leafy
someone anyone wanna chill on new leaf
i felt the pressure to pocket camp but it's too...not new leaf XD

Happened to me last rotation but I’m done. Do you need both kinds of bat?

>Want me to order you the whole set
yes please!

i don't have the desert vista or ski-slope on my catalog, i could take them.

quirky would be better

i have the dresser and vanity, so no need to order those.

i want to dump some new leaf so here goes

Added you

Quirky’s pretty perfect, actually.

Gate's open

understandable, i keep resetting to death kek

pay it forward

my town is barren compared to yours

Do you want these fossils?

gate's open

Update

The kilt works really well as goth clothing for boys during this event.

>Tooot
>Toooooooooot!

Help I owe a debt of like 25 Gold Bats and I cant ever find a time to replay

Yes please, I'm so terribly far behind on my bats!