/smtg/ - 真・女神転生/Shin Megami Tensei General

Games
>Shin Megami Tensei V - Switch, TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=YLSrGiiy95U
>Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux - 3DS, Out in Japan, Western release May 15th
youtube.com/watch?v=kJ-5x5IaYFA
>Dx2 Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation - Mobile, Out in Japan, Western release TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=2V6mJStJH1U
>Persona 3 Dancing Moon Night - PS4, Vita, Japanese release May 24th, Western - TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=sIkHWzT5Iv4
>Persona 5 Dancing Star Night - PS4, Vita, Japanese release May 24th, Western - TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=VueiR2a_lDY
>Catherine Full Body - PS4, Vita, Japanese release - Winter 2018, Western - TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=OejarinH0xo
>Project Re:Fantasy - TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=reYl4RUpF_M

>Starter Guide
i.imgur.com/PRKpcPh.png

>Tips and Tricks
pastebin.com/1V9AUMNb

>Art books, Soundtracks, Manuals, and other Media
pastebin.com/f55EcBb6

>Fan Translations, Patches, Games, etc.
pastebin.com/WAcnMB5J

>Scripts, Sounds, and other Resources
pastebin.com/aCsjkMd5

>Booru
smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended Reading
pastebin.com/ByiXrDGX

Previous thread: →

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LCAVA63fPd0&t=0s
aqiu384.github.io/megaten-fusion-tool/smt4f/demons
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a0/Cuchulainn-audio.ogg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Law is the one true path.

Claiming this thread for Law

I love Zelenin!

Actual previous thread: Whoops.

I like all alignments

>being a lawfag

Then you're neutral.

>being a chaosfool

Most unlucky for you

>when nobody likes you so the only person you can score with is yourself

>he's here
>on a Friday night

who?

>when nobody likes you
Someone evidently did.

>when nobody likes your alignment so you have to turn a massive cumdumpster and run around naked

So are you

Kek

Don't make fun of law mommy!

delete

Quick, what MegaTen game should i play today and add a special rule to it!

Strange journey and the only demons you can use are the ones you recruit. No fused demons of any kind

Nocturne, harem run.

Checked
Hoyboys move out

This isn't real right?

>he doesn't know

youtube.com/watch?v=LCAVA63fPd0&t=0s

Nanashi is a Nanashit!

Oh shit

Irony.

>Someone saved my shitpost image

Matt Hardy pls

>use the most iconic demons
>instead of Cu Chulainn, one of the most iconic demons across the series, they include his shitty recolor
Fucking why?

Does anyone know the fusion for Cu Chulainn in IV:A? The wiki has the one for IV but special fusions are different I think between IV and IV:A in most cases.

comfy /smtg/ stream tonight?

aqiu384.github.io/megaten-fusion-tool/smt4f/demons

Of course, it's great.

I'm the guy who posted that screenshot too.

Cinnamon girl always best girl

>choo choo lane
>iconic
please
no one cares about your fuccboi

It's definitely possible to implement recruitment mechanics (and fusion) but it would likely mean a fair amount of work, so I haven't given it much thought. It's a cool idea though; I guess you'd have to offer some of your health, ammo, and purple dildos (magnetite) to win the demon's favor. If negotiation fails, you'd take a small amount of damage and the conversation would end.

>But instead of it being turn base it's more like you gotta kill the demons to continue on, that sorta deal.
There are a couple of options: I could get rid of preset enemy locations and instead make a group of enemy demons spawn near the player from time to time. That would simulate random encounters. Another option would be to make it more scripted and have a group of demons only spawn whenever you enter a room, and keep some doors shut until you have beaten them. To make it more challenging, you'd also temporarily be unable to leave the room through the door you just entered. Is the latter roughly what you had in mind?

That would be great, son of man.

Alright time to list these two up so i don't forget, wish me luck!

Thanks user.
Was voted above fucking #3 in the poll. I actually think that is too high myself but still, he is one of the most popular demons.
great work user, I look forward to any updates you have planned.

Hoy user, another doom modder here, love what you've been doing with this strange journey wad. Just wanted to let you know.

Cu Chulainn is pronounced koo-kull-in

But that's not how the purse owner protagonists say it.

you should hear the P3 protag try to say Yamata no Orochi in that tiny time span they have while summoning.

Is it worth investing a fuck ton of time of time to make a demon in IV:A if I only play on war mode? Or should I be fine with whatever?

Is it your demonfu? Then yes.

One of them.

But he is there, on the top row

You're right. I was a dumbass and missed that they used his earlier design. My mistake.

Join the rest of your slaves lucifer in the grave!

>corpse worshiper talks about graves
Ironic!

Is noise in DDS permanent?

You mean the stat noises? Yeah, they're just incenses.
Don't carry over into 2 or anything, though.

Yeah

What are some demons that fit this description?

obvious

>Don't even like Makoto
>But her in Nanashi's outfit
muh dick

I've been playing SMT 1 for the first time. I'm a good way through the Diamond Realm and the game feels kind of like a slog. Should I stick it out?

what about his ascended form?

No. SMT isn't for you. >>>/pg/

Eh, that's still about the beginning. I forced myself through it slowly and enjoyed it at times but yeah, it just isn't fun to actually play. It is the reverse Apocalypse basically, great atmosphere and tone but not fun to actually play.

>letting it die again
c'mon

I thought an actually competent messiah would save us or something.

>trying to recruit an Orias for a specific fusion
>talk to one multiple times
>"your dexterity isn't high enough, fuck off"
I thought it was a weird thing the first time or two but he's done it now four times. Do some demos actually require a specific stat to be a specific number before joining? That's bullshit.

B-but I completed Nocturne True Demon Ending! On Normal.
That's pretty much how I'm viewing it right now. I'm considering trying SMT II or maybe even Digital Devil Saga on the side to kind of offset the monotony.

>Do some demos actually require a specific stat to be a specific number before joining

All demons are like that, you just haven't noticed until now because you've passed their requirements every time. Have fun.

It sounded like Aigis pronounced it "Coo Hoo lin" in The Answer.

where do you think we are?

Time to whitepost

to the user asking about the nocturne deluxe set in the previous thread- yes, the inside of the incense box is quite pungent. it comes with five incense cones, relating to the stat incense from the game.

>people STILL repeat the same white stuff despite Apoc showing that they're wrong

>Apoc
>being anything other than literal fan fiction

>I'm considering trying SMT II
While technically better balanced SMTII is probably worse in all honesty. While SMTI is more broken SMTII has so much cryptic bullshit and backtracking thatdespite being a sequel it feels more tedious.

DDS is good though.

That's how his name is transliterated into Japanese. The actual pronunciation is upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a0/Cuchulainn-audio.ogg

>the games I don't like aren't canon

Yeah nice try.

Still crying huh?

I mean, yeah. Did you see the two images I posted? Check out those tears, man.

Yeah the Diamond Realm,Heroines Mind and the Cathedral are one of the most boring dungeons.

Just bear with it,it gets better

>cryptic bullshit
I'm assuming that can be migitated to some degree by walkthroughs.
>backtracking
Nocturne had quite a bit of backtracking, and that was mostly bearable, though the fact that you went out of the way to mention this makes me assume that it is unusually bad for an SMT game.

Really, the only reason I'm not playing DDS right now is because my ass computer could barely emulate Nocturne, and that game played at slow motion most of the time even then.
That's good to hear.

Will my PC suffice for emulating Nocturne?

>93
nigga that shit's melting

Which female demons/characters need more lewds

>93 C

>93°

>93C

Feminine bepis mommy.

>93C

>93°

Pretty much all of them.

>93 C

>93C

Name one of these features YHVH does not embody.

>39F

>not very religious

Joker is now 10/10
but why remove the smirk for Makoto?

What god does YHVH worship?

YHVH is part of the Great Will.