Women in Recent Culture

Is the recent history of our degradation of culture, the arts, television, cinema, comedy and daily social norms which weren't as previously mass-produced a direct result of more women holding prominent jobs and positions in industries? *I MEAN DEGRADATION IN TERMS OF QUALITY NOT "muh degeneracy"*

Just think about it;

Everyone can name a ton of great cinema from the 20th century, everyone can name a ton of great paintings pre-1970, everyone can name a ton of great stand-up and comedy before 2010, everyone can name a ton of great talk shows during the 20th century, everyone can name great actors from the 20th century, everyone can name great plays from the 20th century and before, everyone can name great books from the 20th century and before, everyone can name great music pre-2000/2010.

But why is it that the world has seemingly come to a standstill? Was the increased amount of women entering work in the 20th century a detriment to society? Just think about it, women are known to spend money on more clothes and items than men, they're known to be more willing to spend, therefore their increased expenditure and takeup of jobs led to increased production in the economy and increased consumption/investment. By following this logic, it can be argued that women entering into work in the 20th century actually led to the current trouble we have now where everything mass-produced in terms of culture seems like shit.

I am asking a genuine and sincere question. Happy to be proved wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uIbXvaE39wM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Rose tinted glasses, user-kun.

We just tend to forget all the bad shit of the past.

Link related was the #1 song of Billboard's top 100 for 1990. It's painfully forgetable. The real diamonds always shine in the future.

youtube.com/watch?v=uIbXvaE39wM

It's called hindsight.

Except you cannot admit that things haven't changed.

Coffee tables book in the 1960s were certainly better than they are now.

Even the most popular things back then had some merit to them.

>of our degradation of culture
/pol/ cannot be escaped

Here's the problems with your whole argument:

1. The 21st century just fucking started.

2. There are already great things from the 21st century. I mean holy shit user, 3D printing and organ cloning are on the horizon, robot bartenders, nano medical bots... And those are just SOME of the scientific developments of the 21st century so far.

B-but that's just tecnology.

B-but muh culture

music industry specially has been taken over by greedy fucks (it was always corrupt as fuck but it used to deliver good music)

I clearly stated I didn't mean "muh degeneracy" to set myself aside from /pol/.

Please fuck off or answer my question.

Ease of access. both in creation of media and access of media.

When everyone can make anything it usually tends to be shit simply because there's a greater amount of people creating.

Why go through a record label when you can just get big off of youtube/bandcamp and have the record label come to you?

This has nothing to do with women and everything to do with advancements in tecnology, more specifically, the internet.

I agree, that's wonderful but what do 3d printers produce? Things that already exist

And I am very much against the rise of bio-genetics, thank you very much, enjoy your police state.

It's not my fault you don't know how to find good music.

Because of the internet, you have greater access to good music, not only of today but of yesteryear as well. Millions and millions of hidden gems at the tip of your fingers.

>to set myself aside from /pol/
ayy lmao

Yes because retards like would think I'm against women working or something.

It was a genuine question about the correlation between more women in work and more consumption leading to worsening culture due to mass production.

>but what do 3d printers produce? Things that already exist
lol are you fucking kidding me. Yeah, who gives a shit that technology will soon allow us to build entire structures and more technology faster and more efficiently. And culturally speaking, it might lead to a more advanced, customizable, and varied line of home/art sculptures, decorations, etc. since we'll be able to print whatever is mapped in a 3D computer software (assuming they are made commercially accessible).

>enjoy your police state.
I will. I'm not a criminal. In fact, I'd be quite happy if the police were able to do their jobs better than they already do.

Retard, you sell your freedom for laws which shall soon change and possibly criminalise you for things which you deem entirely legitimate. You may not be a criminal now but you will be someday.

What are you talking about?

Are you just just a nostalgia-boo?

There are tons of great artists, art, music, and films that came out recently. Some rather deep and inspiring when you know where to look.

Pop art and music has always been degenerate even in the 19th century.

You just have to know where to look for the good shit.

Also now in modern times you can watch all the classics on youtube.

If you were a pleb in back ass country side in 1850 you were lucky to get a local band to play a tune for you.

alright we get it /pol/ can you go back to your containment board now

Name 10 good films released this year.

I am a patrician and connoisseur.

>You may not be a criminal now but you will be someday.
This is a political issue. Biotech is not going to directly lead to this, and there's a perfect possibility of this happening even without proper biotech ever being developed.

By the way, you seem to be under the impression that a government seeks to harm its citizens first and foremost. What you should be worried about is what other governments might try doing to you with that tech. And you better fucking hope yours has the means of defending against it.

>caring about freedom makes you /pol/

Enjoy your future work camp that you are forcibly made to go to because "haha, i-isnt all this new tech fun, we shouldnt ethically question it at all"

First you name 10 good films in 1930.

Did they even make that many?

If you don't think politicians have an interest in silencing the populace, you are an idiot.

Also, check em.

Politicians have an interest in silencing assholes that aren't team players of the country but are in fact enemies to it, yes. Not exactly the people who are a part of the nation.

I don't get this fucking obsession with tearing down one's own government like they are the enemy here. No, other governments that aren't willing to play game are the enemy. Get your priorities straight.

all quiet on the western front, animal crackers

ok only two

Retard, no one is trying to tear down a government, of course citizens should primarily support the nation to which they belong and were born to but fundamental liberties must be maintained and never altered.

I don't see how biotech will lead to fundamental liberties being lost. Those liberties are maintained not by the government's resource limits but because the people that form the government agree upon it. If there's changes to this agreement down the line it's political based and ultimately in favor of the country's survival.

How's about insurance companies accessing your genetic information?

How's about governments being able to fake events/crimes using your DNA?

How's about governments being able to falsify evidence using such data as an excuse to go to war or remove further liberties?

How's about governments experimenting on individuals illegally?

How's about being a protester and a government being able to find your family by matching you and their DNA?

This all may seem like nothing to you but it sure as hell would have shocked people 100 years ago. If you don't think any of this is a cause for concern then you're already deeply entrenched and there is no use in talking to you.

But continue seeing the world in a reductive materialist sense where everything is science based.

>How's about insurance companies accessing your genetic information?
Being targeted more relevant insurance policy ads doesn't seem too problematic.

>How's about governments being able to fake events/crimes using your DNA?
First, why would they do this? Second, enhanced surveillance should render the usefulness of doing that obsolete.

>How's about governments being able to falsify evidence using such data as an excuse to go to war or remove further liberties?
They have been falsifying evidence to garner the necessary support to do these things for thousands of years. And they wouldn't remove liberties that would hurt the efficiency of a nation, without at least proposing a new one.

>How's about governments experimenting on individuals illegally?
They already do this, and I'm not sure how biotech leads to more of this.

>How's about being a protester and a government being able to find your family by matching you and their DNA?
K, then what? They're gonna spend money on employing people that will focus on plotting to ruin your family's life because you held up a sign once in the street and acted like a douchebag for a couple days alongside hundreds or thousands others? There are also much more effective and subtle ways to protest that don't exactly make you identifiable as a protester, it's called getting into politics or business and making changes to policies. So maybe people who are stupid enough to act like lazy douchebags holding up traffic and wasting the police's time should get cracked on a bit more.

Like I said, I don't get this fucking obsession that the government is out to fuck us all up. If you're so concerned about it you must be one of those douchebags yourself, in which case you might want to fuck off to another country that you're properly loyal to because it's obviously not this one.

You're a retard who things the name of a nation is more important than the actual lives of the people living in that nation who allow it to survive using their tax dollars.

I suggest you look up the Gulags if you think that kind of government has never existed.

Where people are free, a nation prospers, that is why the USA has the highest GDP in the world.

Thread turned full retard

>Where people are free, a nation prospers, that is why the USA has the highest GDP in the world.
Yeah? And you think only you're aware of this and not the US government itself?

This is my point. You think that the government would do these things if given the tech, but almost all of these things would hurt the nation and actively contradict the government's self-interests. They would not do anything like the fucking Gulags because they're well aware that was a shit plan and inferior governmental strategy that fell apart.

You are clearly one of these individuals who would abuse his power and justify it later due to a form of utilitarianism.

Your ideology has been debunked many a time, loser and will continue to be thwarted.

Fuck you!