Why aren't empires such as pic related discussed in schools? Also Indian empire thread

Why aren't empires such as pic related discussed in schools? Also Indian empire thread

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akbar#Din-i-Ilahi
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mughal-Mongol_genealogy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I could tell you why, but it would piss off the /pol/ babies.

>mughal empire
>indian

The mughals shaped northern India until the British arrived, I don't see why they shouldn't be considered indian. 99% of their empire was on the Indian subcontinent. Don't throw that Martha confederacy bullshit at me either

Why, I'm not a frequent /pol/ visitor, although I've been on Veeky Forums for almost 4 years though. Politics aren't my suite.

From what I remember of my World History class, we mostly talked about groups peoples that interacted greatly with foreign lands via conquest and/or trade(maybe diplomacy?) such as the Romans, the Mongols, the Chinese, and the British.

India, too, was the focus of several lectures. It was not represented merely as the "jewel in the crown" of Great Britain's colonial holdings(which it definitely was), but also as the birthplace of Buddhism and a myriad of independent kingdoms(and empires) that had their own interactions with the greater world.

We even talked about the earliest settlements in the river valleys(cradles of civilization) and the "empires" of Africa and the Americas before the Europeans colonized either.

So I honestly don't know what you mean when you say they aren't discussed in schools. Unless you mean middle school or elementary school, in which case, idk...

Also "CULTURAL DIFFUSION"... it was brought up so many times I just had to include it.

They are discussed, just not as much as more relevant empires like the Byzantines or the >H >R >E

In India you could level the complaint in reverse.

They weren't as influential on Western Society as other things. Living in the West, and most of the modern world being developed by the West, we have a very Western centric view of history. I'm sure in Asian countries they actually do talk a bit more about it then here.

Okay if only western empires have had an inflict on the modern world why are the liberals pushing so hard to say non western empires and cultures matter???

>Why aren't empires such as pic related discussed in schools?

Non-Indians don't really care, and the fact that it was a Muslim dynasty rankles the Hindu nationalists.

Their personal love of foreign cultures probably, their whole ideology stems from hating the west and it's history, so naturally they'd start idolizing some other Empires
(nevermind the fact that those empires were even more backwards and murderous than even the germans or russians, they're not white and that's all that matters to them)

Hah yeah right, go ahead and tell us, let me guess it's gonna be like "something something eurocentrism something something racism"

there's a growing push in india to classify the mughals as foreign islamic invaders

state education represents the wishes of the most vocal voters which in the west means colonialism, slavery, the holocaust, civil rights and the islamic golden age

they don't have time for anything else

Would you really say that world history classes in the US are NOT Eurocentric?

I wouldn't know, i am from Europe not America

School here is definitely NOT Eurocentrist, literally every single history teacher i've had bitched about "Eurocentrist" education while giving courses about muh evil colonization and literally teaching us about Islam. We even went to the fucking mosque
I swear one day i'll find all my old history teachers i'll have them lined up and shot by the militia

How else should they be described in your opinion? They were foreign, they were Muslim, and they invaded.

Probably not enough time to focus on something that is rather irrelevant for most western civilizations, at least from a superficial point of view. It could help against eurocentrism and trigger people obsessed with skin colour though

Oh yeah because 99% of the school curriculum isn't already about muh poor oppressed minorities

Because "help against eurocentrism and trigger people obsessed with skin colour" is totally not the official program already

Because it would have changed me so much if instead of spending all my history classes learning about brown people from arabia, i would have learned about brown people from india instead

Because that's totally not the kind of antagonizing school programs that makes so many white kids become so racist today

What a fucking joke

Autism to a terrifying degree

Being able to form an empire while never learning how to go to the loo would be a confusing subject for children.

They are discussed, it's just that what's discussed about them is how they were BTFO by Europeans

no there's not.

Nice shitpost

>Because that's totally not the kind of antagonizing school programs that makes so many white kids become so racist today
Learning about different civ's causes people to be racist? That's weird because I learned about the aztec's when I was younger and it never caused me to be racist.

>is how they were BTFO by Europeans
British colonization came from betraying the Maratha's who were weakened after taking over most of the India's. Not really a BTFO like you'd imagine.

Wouldn't that be the Mongols who did that?

Radical Free Thinking Religious Hippies!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akbar#Din-i-Ilahi

>Akbar was deeply interested in religious and philosophical matters. An orthodox Muslim at the outset, he later came to be influenced by Sufi mysticism that was being preached in the country at that time, and moved away from orthodoxy, appointing to his court several talented people with liberal ideas, including Abul Fazl, Faizi and Birbal. In 1575, he built a hall called the Ibadat Khana ("House of Worship") at Fatehpur Sikri, to which he invited theologians, mystics and selected courtiers renowned for their intellectual achievements and discussed matters of spirituality with them.[124] These discussions, initially restricted to Muslims, were acrimonious and resulted in the participants shouting at and abusing each other. Upset by this, Akbar opened the Ibadat Khana to people of all religions as well as atheists, resulting in the scope of the discussions broadening and extending even into areas such as the validity of the Quran and the nature of God.

The Mongols never went to India, they were stopped at the Indus.

The Mughals were some uzbek/afghan bastard version of the Timurids, who were a persianized bastard version of the Mongols.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mughal-Mongol_genealogy

Even the name "Mughal" and "Mongol" should tip you off. Mughal is literally a persianized mongol.

Nice resolution, you humongous faggot!

In France you learn more about islam and african kangs and countries than about fucking Napoleon or Charlemagne

Wow that's really really sad. France is really in an horrible state

Marine le Pen when?

>Akbar opened the Ibadat Khana to people of all religions as well as atheists
How did he get away with that?

The Artist of that is Edwin Lord Weeks, an American who painted a lot about Persia and India.

Pic related is made by him, and is also on the cover of my copy of Kim, by Rudyard Kipling.

But that's wrong you fucking faggot.

>I wouldn't know, i am from Europe not America
>School here is definitely NOT Eurocentrist, literally every single history teacher i've had bitched about "Eurocentrist" education while giving courses about muh evil colonization and literally teaching us about Islam. We even went to the fucking mosque
>I swear one day i'll find all my old history teachers i'll have them lined up and shot by the militia

That's fucking brutal senpai. Where about in Europe are you? Because while that's really bad, some history education can be a little too egocentric.

In Scotland, my history classes in high school, at least those that everyone got (if you do history qualifications later on you can pick your own stuff), went like this:

>Roman Britain
>Crusades
>Scottish wars of independence
>Bruce and Wallace over and over
>Jacobites are a cool guys and clearances were fucking bad
>Industrial revolution in Scotland
>Growth of democracy in the UK
>WW1
>WW2

I would have fucking LOVED to have learnt about Venice and Byzantium and Classical Greece and ancient Egyptian kangs n shiet, but instead all I got was how cool Robert the Bruce was, how boring the 19th century was and how grim WW1 was.

I can imagine though that a country with more fun and continentally involved history, like France or Italy, could teach nothing but their own national history and have it be actually interesting.

Fuck anycunt who says Eurocentrism is bad 2bh.

You retards are worse than Jezebel

Napoleon was a leftist you dumb shit

We gave them civilization, but alas, we couldn't stop them from defecating on roads

The autists have escaped containment. Call the tard wrangler

>We gave them Civilization
Are you autistic?

Australia here, wrote my Ancient History essay on Ashoka, we picked a topic and the teacher taught us about the period.

You cunts have shit teaching. Is this thread even real? What he fuck did ANY of you actually learn in school past the most basic arithmetic and grammar. School, hopefully, teaches you HOW TO LEARN and what you would like to learn, nothing more, nothing less. Everything else is on you once you leave school.

Fitting, considering the demographics of France

India had civilization before the British came

lmao

More like "civilization".

Notice me Senpai!

Bullshit, go back to pol.

sure thing

We had a world history class that specifically avoided European history. The only mentions of europeans were in describing the impact of colonization and imperialism.

I'm pretty sure the guy you responded to isn't British.

>I wouldn't know, i am from Europe not America
>
>School here is
Speak for your own country, not for all of Europe. Education is much more diverse in Europe than in the US. The education plan in a Croatian school differs much, much more from one in a Danish school than one between one US state and another.

>literally teaching us about Islam
Doesn't hurt to know the basics of the second-biggest religion of the world, you willfully ignorant fuck. Most people probably don't even know what the Five Pillars of Islam are.

I'm a burger and I learned about the five pillars, among a lot of other things.

Sure thing Achmed