/fhg/ - For Honor General

Highlander will never be high ti-
>DUN MAH GLASS
edition

Beheaded
>Season 5 Info
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-ca/news-community/164-318091-16/season-five-announced-dedicated-servers-and-hero-updates-coming

>For Honor v1.18 Patch Notes
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-316892-16/patch-notes-v118

>New players:
>If you plan on using a controller, it is highly recommended you go into your settings and shrink the dead zone
pastebin.com/55KZTiUK

>Multiple hero video guides
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkiUfT_3_4AnTBKwzZQO7-fDgKDzwPRPr

>Wikis:
forhonor.wikia.com
forhonor.gamepedia.com/For_Honor_Wiki

>Character values
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wwr17AtTDFU3BZY_81axLVMKdHdNZuV0wGOb589VKgc/edit#gid=0

>Gear modifier values
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mPLuxn-bPMwxOotsIL8lM-x0jP101dIbUnMD1ten7ik/edit#gid=154396609

>Gear Stat Help
i.imgur.com/7HPdL9B.jpg

>Gear appearances
alfalis.de/For_Fashion/

>Max Punish Guide
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wK-38XMvSakPMEk2rx8KjAzQFF5MJt_c7XMxNidYVfc/htmlview

>Friends list sign up Doc:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe46v1-5y3m5IbPVaP1NRaEjU7tO3YWE_fZkR4dQ5C8nBwI5Q/viewform?c=0&w=1

>For those that have signed up:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b8fuKwrDWqaprZE9mRhDtgDRqkZHIabBfum-jHumLKw/edit#gid=943442915

>War of Factions:
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/war-of-factions/

>PVP Stat Tracker:
fhtracker.com/

>Story mode collectibles:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=864166443

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hzPpWInAiOg
youtu.be/SN8RjXYjJe4?t=30m6s
youtu.be/mUS35TYWHjU
youtube.com/watch?v=jgvXnDuvj-g
youtu.be/K7wArqnKgg8
youtu.be/pDJLsFfGEPI
youtu.be/pDJLsFfGEPI?t=1h5m9s
youtu.be/jgvXnDuvj-g?t=46s
youtu.be/3lGKx2ePtrg
youtu.be/GQCmX3GySYQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder to support the vikang certified samurai breeding farms

FUCK YOU I WAS MAKING PIC RELATED FOR THE NEW THREAD. I WAS GOING TO CALL IT "CENTURION'S SUICIDE EDITION" IT WASN'T EVEN FUCKING CLOSE ENOUGH TO MAKE A NEW THREAD.

Wow, you should be thanking him for saving you from embarrassing yourself.

BTFO

I will make the thread one day.

>tfw just recently came back after season 2
>tfw really into cent but he feels pretty shit if i cant get a good parry GB in
feels bad desu

Cent is fun at first, punching shit is great, but once you start to know him more and face off against people who know what they're doing he becomes very boring.

What if the devs go more into the Skeleton shit? Basically like a zombie horde mode?

Do you want the returning players pasta?

don't forget any assassin will just shut down everything you do with a light and god help you if they are lagging

i like FH's low fantasy setting though i wouldn't dismiss a seasonal cod zombie type of mode

i-i dont know
do i

Where were you during the halloween event my dude

>*metal man rubbing hands furiously*
All part of the plan.

youtube.com/watch?v=hzPpWInAiOg

Sorry user, you missed it.

Soon

>make Centurion OC
>stream goes live and Centurion is confirmed dead in the water
I should use this curse to gut Assassin characters

What was added is the following
>Chip damage increased to 18% across all modes
>When OOS[out of stamina] you can no longer stop light chains. Meaning you can finally eat an Orochi light combo that isn’t a top light and it won’t be stopped.
>rolling now costs 50% stamina, and no longer gurantees a block animation after it. Meaning you can no longer spam rolls and get a free block after the iframes of animation are done
>health no longer regens on any character at critical health situations
>all unblockable attacks and unblockable bashes feed revenge in modes that allow revenge(yes shoulder, bash kicks and unblockable attacks feed revenge.)
>unlock “tech” [gltich] is no longer easily performed or simply no longer is viable for most heroes
>zone flicker is patched and no longer appears
>zone of raider on GB[guard break], crushing counter for warden are no longer parry-able by assassins
>revenge builds no longer exist (meaning this isn’t season 1 tier damage since gear doesn’t amplify revenge strength)
COMING IN SEASON V
>Parrying no longer guarantees a GB on a hero PERIOD! it can be counter broken after a parry.
>Parrying now has a indicator to tell which type of attack you parried. Lights [flash that’s not too bright, appears on screen] heavy[reddish sparks]
>Parrying a light allows for a 900ms window of attack(heavies or special combos apply for a punish)
>Parrying a heavy allows for a 600ms window of attack (a light attack for all classes)

Whats with the influx of the fucking shitty teams? I keep having teams that kill 4 people across the entire game and it just ends in a stomp which is no fun

>Parrying no longer guarantees a GB on a hero PERIOD! it can be counter broken after a parry.
ah, nevermind

uninstalling this shit again. Fucking disgraceful.

Have you tried: Getting gud?

what are you a fucking idiot? this is the best thing they did to date

t. shugoki main.

Hey man don’t hate me. I’m just relaying info that’s in my folder

What will they even do during the event stream for multiple hours?
Is there a tournament? Haven't noticed any qualifications taking place

Fucking asians how do they work

>teams
your fault, play the real mode.

LMFAO. No. YOU need to get gud. If I fucking parry your stupid shitter ass then you deserve to lose. If you manage to let me parry your light then you should honestly take quadruple heavy damage off my heavy parry, too, considering how easy you are to read.
t. retard
I don't hate you. I hate the fucking casual devs who think they can meaningfully balance a fighting game when they think fucking B L O C K I N G is hard.

just leave

>i want a free win for being able to parry one attack

holy fuck you're bad.

>baiting this hard in /fhg/
user, I think this is the world record for lowest of lows.

>alamy stock photo
I saved you from the embarrassment.

guess warden is getting a pretty nice buff I don't see any changes on his double side lights so I'm guessing he gets a nice punish off heavy parries and can start his SB mixup as well and his zone being safe as well

fuck off, I was in a nervous rush, I couldn't be fucked to find a better picture of a dude jumping off a cliff. I will try and make something neat involving Shug & cent soon though, since they got hit the hardest. Maybe not shug

Speaking of Shugoki, what the fuck are we going to do when Shugs just trade your parry punish for GB? You can no longer GB to break their armor so their armor eats it then they GB you and fuck you up with embrace. What do we do?

Essentially yes. So people wanting him reworked lost there chance
>sorry warden fags. It’s OGRE

>mfw I will never be this retarded

You play this shit game so clearly that isn't true.

Nothing. Pray you have a double hit attack or punish ready. Also shug gets a heavy sped up for a light parry as said by the devs

>qualifications
Game is too dead lmao

>I was in a nervous rush
>being uptight about making a new thread 25 posts early

>what the fuck are we going to do when Shugs just trade your parry punish for GB?
Light attack like you're suppose to then block/parry his next attack and punish him from there. He's slow for the purpose of not being a hero you can rush kill. Or, you know; kill him with a teammate around? Shugs are suppose to hold a point while the other heavies can move from point to point.

Chill the fuck out nigga.

it still would have been nice to see warden having more mordhau or half swording techniques in his combos rather than SB

Go sperg up some other thread, faggot.

If you watched the streams last 40 or 20 minutes. It’s just a special dev vs player showdown party event. Sure there’s a tourney for brawls and a 4v4 match but there was no big money tourney leading up to it. They invited the notable players like Skorband, Digital Olympian and some others to participate. It’s just supposed to be a fun little get together. Along with which ever faction dev and player team is representing (dev and player is paired up) wins, the players who are in the faction get rewarded

What are the teams?

Lol stay mad shit lord

>cant GB off parries anymore
Rest in piece, Centurion. Your pain is finally over.

F

>tfw a Samurai
>Tfw the number #1 digital athlete is a Samurai too
>tfw I'll be getting a juicy reward

Numero digital uno is fighting for the blackstones, if his team wins then no one gets rewards

He still gets a free off lights and a parry counter that lands a heavy and stam damage. But give me a sec, I’ll post something in succession as to why Cent is still better then certain heroes

>Roman and Numero Uno on Blackstone.
I hope they win.

fuck. really? guess they didn't want people all joining one faction just to get rewards. guess that makes sense, it just wouldn't be fair.

I'll have you know only TWO of those posts were me.

And that is why Valk is the worst hero in the game. So all you centuion RIP anons need to hush up.
>yes I’m shitposting. I just wanted to share this dumb rant I found

shit like that should be expected from Valk mains, yes she's in a pretty shit spot now that she lost the one good thing she had (her parry punish if opponent was at like half stam). But Valk mains really do need to shut the fuck up already.

How do these brainlets not understand that Valk is a great support hero and wasn't intended for anything else

Like 90% of times where someone saved my ass it was a Valk. Yes she obviously could use a rework but holy fuck I don't get why everyone's crying in a team-based game that their heroes can't rekk shit in duels or whatever. Main something else for duels if it's that fuckin important.

The fact that you think this game should be balanced around 4v4 and not duels specifically is mind boggling.

Yea, she's a bit underrated in terms of a team fight. Shield Bash knock down is pretty powerful since you can target swap it and you're safe from shit like Nobushi zone. Just keep an eye out for people trying to GB you. It's the same thing as fucking Lawtists, they'll win about their hero being bad when he's actually one of the best. I 100% agree that Valk needs some changes, but she's no where near as bad as people make her out to be.

The game was designed with dominion in mind, duels was an after thought because the creator is a HEMAfag or something. I can make a long ass post with proof as to why that is if you really want me to.

Please do. Keep the thread alive

Fine. Give me a bit. was playing Etrian Odyssey but I can take a bit of a break.

>crack and buy PUBG
>wonder how so much people could be playing this game
>it must be good lol
>uninstalled and asking for a refund right now

What the fuck how is that shit popular id rather play For Goner

Holy shit that change to tower ruin needs to hurry the fuck up, shitty damn flag spawns. Also these devs need to make cathedral better, because damn is it lopsided

Id rather play a dead game I like than a popular game I hate

I learned my lesson after years of my MOBA addiction

started making it, where the fuck can I find the full footage to this.

youtu.be/SN8RjXYjJe4?t=30m6s

Literally can only find footage of fucking autists with cringe intros talking over it, i know that there is full footage of it out there.

I fucked up time stamp, go back in time.

youtu.be/mUS35TYWHjU

>keep seeing people at rep 1 with fucking mega exotic looking gear
what the fuck is this meme and how do I take part in it

Thats not the bad version

youtube.com/watch?v=jgvXnDuvj-g

This is the bad version like who the fuck are these 2 guys? We have never seen them after this video

Post proof or you’re lying

I found that one but didn't want to use it due to cringe intro but I guess I'll make do. I fucking swear there was a clean version out there with no cringe bullshit though and good quality.

I was gonna use this one too anyway, thanks for saving me the search. No clue what happened to them but the video is still helpful.

They sound more awkward than Roman

youtu.be/K7wArqnKgg8

here it is with no commentary. full length high res

Raider BTFO

It functions as a containment for the cancer

We talking season 1 Roman or season 4 and beyond Roman who looks so done every stream.

i just want to play elimination again...

>brawl introduction video even makes note of helping out your teamates
>”study your environment and use it to your advantage”
Fuck Honor fags

Thank fucking god, you're a hero. I'm fucking saving this video.

>All those meticulous, fluid and completely seamless animations
Its always fun to look at old ubisoft "gameplay" videos of released games just to see the extant of how much of a fucking scam they are.

could you fucking imagine having to watch those animations every time you kill a foot soldier

Your retarded they released that after for honor came out this was the 1st thing we saw of for honor gameplay

no problem bud
the reason it looks so tight is because all the interactions between the characters is 100% tailor made mocap, like the warden and raider grappling with each others weapons at the end. it simply isn't feasible to do that for an entire game, and like the other user said that was not how UBI tried to sell the game to us, but how the original bearded for honor guy (forget his name) tried to sell the idea to UBI and get the game dev'd and published. there's no actual game play going on in that video, just animations

That’s because it’s nothing but mocap and no game functionality user. I’m pretty sure that was just a concept footage since the real footage and pitch was this And the real real pitch was this fucking thing
For Honor demo pitch to Ubisoft
youtu.be/pDJLsFfGEPI [Open]
>skip to 1:05:36 for demo
I’d say the demo of this is pretty close minus the foot solider shit

Why For Honor was designed with Dominion in mind (and why it should be balanced around dominion)

There has been a resurgence in duelfags in /fhg/. Whether or not they're just baiting doesn't matter, their retardation needs to be BTFO. Let's start from the VERY beginning.
As early I possibly can.

>Early gameplay

youtu.be/pDJLsFfGEPI?t=1h5m9s

Here is the Warrior's Den stream from September 7th 2017. I set the timestamp to start at the footage, it showcases for honor in VERY early stages of it's life. Do you notice anything?
Perhaps you see anything familiar? The game mode displayed cleary has a capture point & minions. This shows that it was decided almost at the very start that the game was intended to be
played in objective based modes.

We can go a little bit further into the future.

>Concept

youtu.be/K7wArqnKgg8

Here we can see a video of what this game's vision was, to my understanding this is more of an animation and NOT Gampelay, however the point still stands that maps were supposed to dynamic,
large, and have minions & even captains. You can also see objectives and much more important interactables (such as catapults). You can clearly see there was a large emphasis on team work &
AI with the captains and minions having a much more important role.

>E3 2015

youtu.be/jgvXnDuvj-g?t=46s

Here we have footage show casing gameplay as early as E3 2015. You can see in this footage citadel gate, Orochi & Warden, and feats. The game was still early in development, yet Dominion is still
rather fleshed out and playable. You can tell that develops put a lot of effort in feats & maps. If the game was intended for duels they would have never show cased 4v4 since it'd take much more
effort, time, and money to flesh out as opposed to fleshing out duels which would be very easy.

1/2 I did this in note pad initially, some words are probably fucked up. I can try and touch this up and just have a copy pasta.

>roach as a assassin
I thought you fags said he was the proto vanguard.

>Chains

Chain attacks are pretty much useless in 1v1 scenarios, however due to the target swapping mechanics, weaker heroes can suddenly become much more viable simply by swapping attacks. This allows for much more
dyanmic fights. It can also allow a hero to open up parts of their kit they normally would never be able to get to in a 1v1 scenario.

>Character Design

Another reason as to why this game was clearly designed with 4v4 in mind are some heroes, heroes such as Lawbringer make this obvious.

He was designed with a "rescue/support" type of hero. One that can save allies from enemies with his implaing charge or CC enemies with his long arm. Just as any support based hero is in team based games,
he's weak on his own but strong when working together. He requires very little in the way of buffs in his current state. He's a very solid hero with who actually lives up the versatlie meme. He
can defend points very well, he can dish out a fair amount of damage with his feats, and he can support his team with his CC.

Shinobi is another example, he's a weak hero in 1v1s but he was designed to be a "Sneak Attack/Support Hero" One that can get behind enemy lines unnoticed and strike them when they least expect it, that's
quite literally what your stereotypical ninjas do. One of the Shinobi's best weapons is the element of surprise, he has this in 4s but not in 1s.

2/3 now. a little long by 100 characters.

>Game Reception Duels vs Dominion

Lastly, with all the negative feed back that the game has received mostly due to duels being hyped up and it being found to be a total clusterfuck, nothing more than a poorly designed mess. Just look at how
the Shugoki duel went, that was a total joke & only served to hurt this game's growth. Now look at all the postitive feed back that the Season 4 tournament recieved, it was openly welcome to due the intense
team fights.

That's why this game was designed with Dominion in mind, and not duels. Duels was clearly an after thought since once this game started gaining traction Dark souls fags & HEMAfags started to jump on board the
train and wanted their honorable 1v1 action, all before abandoning the sinking ship that they sunk.

that's just one user here who says that Shugoki should be retconned out of existence and Kensei be made the new heavy.

I wouldn’t say around Dominion all the time but I get it. What the problem this game stems from is the combat system being overwhelming at first glance only for you to realize that it’s really simplistic for the sole reason of switching between targets in mid fight along with only 3 directions to attack and block from. It’s more a point of taking a system made for turtling completely (4v4 holdouts and conq existing in his current state) and trying to translate in a duel setting which obviously doesn’t work when both players aren’t season 1 newbies. Now I under the 4v balance, but for me it’s nice conq and kensei got some work to them since overall they are ok for 4v, but they could be really better since they don’t really have good feats or speed.
>inb4 unblockable in every move feat
I’m just saying kensei, for being a sword saint, shouldn’t have to rely on 1 feat to be decent.

Some of you may not like it. But this is what peak playstlye is like
youtu.be/3lGKx2ePtrg
Truly the e-sports deep combat we have been wating for....

Why was the game heavily shilled as a 1v1 heaven?

At this game's launch bunch of DarkSouls streamers jumped on board and fucked over this game pretty much. I wish Ubi had marketed towards MOBAfags instead.

This remind me of the cringy fucking 1v1 laser tag video. Duelfags truly are the scum of the earth.

>Dark Souls streamer bandawagon on this game.
>This is going to be 1v1 heaven considering DS3 PvP was a shit.
>Realize they have to actually gitgud with better reaction and learning ins/outs of heroes.
>Realize that parries are super strong and proper spacing/environmental kills are a thing.
>Make few montages of ledgekilling
>Go back to Sippy Souls 3 The Inifnite Rolls edition.

For Honor unironically destroyed Souls 3 for me. I always hated that game, but I didn't had anything fun to play. For Honor is way more fun than 3 can ever be.
Souls 2 a best

>DarkSouls streamers
Has there been a game that they haven't ruined? I think all the souls-like labeled games took a beating every time people mistakeningly call them as such because games are falsely depicted as "high difficulty" when they're not centered around difficulty as much as mechanical complexity.

On a side note, I came from dark souls myself but was drawn to the medieval teamplay without duels in mind. I was excited with the fact that they had different classes and three factions had their own version of class role so 1v1 wouldn't have been the spotlight unless someone from outside source kept yammering on about it.

youtu.be/GQCmX3GySYQ
Mind the cringey interviewer