/dbfzg/ - Dragon Ball FighterZ General

last time on /dbfzg/: >Basic mechanics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1rrh_EWca6MB1WUZfjIZ97LYhYspshivHjM352KmZ4g4/edit?usp=sharing

>PS4 and Xbox controls:
i.imgur.com/FmZtlvQ.jpg

>PC system requirements:
i.imgur.com/Qh9Ie78.jpg

>Characters moves and statistics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1G2SSi3eNI9aqekrhRyEOcEp-fnaoh68bO4NF6vlMfQw/edit?usp=sharing

>All assists:
docs.google.com/document/d/1Qgi3z7NDatc5vv6eJvA0xzJsyeND8eMIAxUsNZuVpmM/edit

>How to unlock Android 21 and SSGSS Goku and Vegeta:
shoryuken.com/2018/01/23/heres-how-to-unlock-ssgss-goku-ssgss-vegeta-and-android-21-in-dragon-ball-fighterz/

>Prima guide:
primagames.com/games/dragon-ball-fighterz/coverage/dragon-ball-fighterz-guide

>CouchWarriors guide:
couchwarriors.org/welcome-to-dragonball-fighterz-a-beginners-guide/

>Semi-universal combo route:
[YouTube] [DBFZ] Optimal universal solo combo route for most chars? (No assists, no SB, midscreen)

>Numeric Notation Sheet:
i.imgur.com/CsTcCQJ.jpg

>Glossary:
shoryuken.com/glossary/

>[un]Official Anime Music Pack:
mega.nz/#!LIFSwCLY!v-23eKhCAONXjoty_8AitMefS54iVlLBc9-5gLdeVlU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6shBCdWqp2Q
youtube.com/watch?v=SEt2UlxwUPw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

training mode is fun

what is the actual optimal corner combo for black

WHEN

>training mode is fun
I've been addicted to the combo vortex and now I'm afraid to go online because I have no idea how to actually play the neutral

>tfw more and more blues each day
>tfw tfw less and less fraudulent yellows and oranges each day

slowly but surely

>So, I'm actually in the midwest. Do I select east or west coast?
Asked in the previous thread right as the new one went up.

you can do more damage off same starters.

2M 5S 236S Assist 5M j.LM j.LS j.214M air dash j.LLS j.236M - 5077 dmg

Assist can be almost anything. Ive done it with Cell, Vegeta, Yamcha, 16, Goku, couple others. Timing varies. Sometimes You can cut the 5M and just j.M, etc. But thats the basics there. Hard knockdown finisher or super after it for up to like 6500. I think you can super and sparking blast and super again too on this combo, though havent bothered learning it.

How do you do your standard jc combo with Fat Buu? His 5M is weird as fuck so I don't know how to get airborne.

I use
2M 5M jc j.M j.L jc j.M j.L j.S 214M airdash j.LL j.S 236M
Around 4250 damage meterless no assist

anyone else really fucking suck at this game

its annoying but the game is so fun

>2018
>people still play pad

Use an assist after a soft knockdown.

story mode is sucking my soul away. Is there anyway to cheat engine andriod 21? I don't even want to play her I just want to practice against her stuff.

>Connection has been lost
For fuck's sake, I'm going to start doing one matches if this keeps up, it's not my fault you're a turtling motherfucker

It's not you. It's inconsistent dpads

I got better at executions as soon as I got a hitbox

the ps4 dpad is fine, you will find stick harder to IAD

since this game is all 234/214 it's good for pad

This but unironically.

>furry that is currently dominating the competitive scene plays on pad
this is a shit excuse

After the 2M you do a 2S into L then do your jump strings

yea hitbox would be the best for this game

Thanks.

No problem. That being said, I have no idea how to create pressure with fat buu. His ground normals are not very good.

>have to rely on second button to IAD
Very easy yes

My brain just can't IAD and that fucking shortcut is too slow, people just block it. Do I just need to repeat the motion in practice over and over?

what? you do IAD the same in pad hombre, 956

it's faster and easier, but hbox is better for IADs

Tip for anyone having some issue with supers coming out consistently on pad. Make sure you are fully inputting the qcf/qcb before you hit R1/R2. I know it seems obvious, but I found my main issue was rushing the input and hitting R1/R2 before the qcf/qcb fully came out, which would result in me dragon rushing or something.

I have no idea how to do anything with him.

>brolylegs legs became best godly chun li player despite his handicap so get gid after breaking your arms and legs
This is what you sound like

>waiting for matches
What a fun game. I love paying 60 bucks to wait for things.

there hasn't been a major yet, we will see how Fox plays against kizziekay

in short wait for Final Round in March to see the top players make their showcase

as usual

What I'm saying is it's not necessary to play on stick to be good, and falling back on that excuse when you play like shit just makes you look like a scrub

keep practicing, take it slow then speed up when needed

Even better when I get matched with someone they either refuse to ready up or the server disconnects me so they think I ragequit. I have to play an an alternate account just to make sure I don't get a purple name for no reason.

I'm returning this trash tomorrow. These hacks don't deserve my money. I'll buy it used when the servers get fixed.

lol this game is just like skullgirls

sonic will never lose

Can you unlock clone colors from story mode?

Sonic can't block

No, just keep playing arcade for easy money

Who is this Clayton guy and how is his execution so solid.

I play pad for every fighter that has IAD or aerial specials that require dash inputs(MK). My friend is all like "why not use you stick" but he can't IAD 3 pixels off the ground like I can.

>wait 10 minutes for a match
>lose a set 1-2
>wait another 10 minutes
>about to win the first game of the next set of matches
>you have left the lobby
FUCKING BULLSHIT

Man I just hit super saiyan rank and I really need to get good at this. I just got beat by someone because all he had to do was block low and the universal overhead sucks.

I feel like assists help him greatly. I've had success with beam assists for getting in and starting stuff. Also, with Yamcha, extending the block strings/combos has been nice. All in all though, i definitely think fat buu is low tier compared to others

brolylegs isnt even good though. he repeats very simple pressure over and over and cant do many of chuns actual shit in sf4. he can blow up mashers and people that just autopilot into focuses or let lag help his overheads, but thats the extent of what he can really do. he also is very easy to bait out ex bird. ive played him a lot online and you might lose to him once or twice early on, but play him a set and youll see quickly that he cant adapt or change what he does. very robotic like in that manner. its impressive what he can do with his handicap, but he is not good by any pro metric. im not even good either. just go watch any of his sets.

Wow. Are you me? Like fuck. I jumped into ranked maybe a couple days ago but the first days of launch I just spent hours in training and did virtually nothing else

Why are you guys still replying to the controller autist?

whats a good team for teen gohan:? is is a point character or anchor?

>play really well winning
>woops quarter circle motion didn't register to finish combo or pull off ultimate at right moment
>oh wow I'm fighting with a clunky dpad instead of the player betting on a coin toss to pull of the move instead of goku shooting Ki blasts toward the sky

Yamcha eats meter for breakfast
holy fuck

He is a Guilty Gear Veteran, there are harder execution requirements in that game

he also is a model with an autoimmune disease that almost died in the past. Pic related

Has Sonicfox beat actual good MVCI players like Cloud or Chrisg at that game?

Dude seems wacky as fuck, his descriptions are something else.

Wish I had his execution though.

teen gohan does serious damage

youtube.com/watch?v=6shBCdWqp2Q

no assists or sparking here from clayton

Notice how sonic fox refrains from mega extended combos and drops inputs as seen when he jabs the air when faraway from opponent

>clunky dpad

not him but you just sound like a fucking bitch. theres literally nothing wrong with pad. pad monsters play anime fighters all the time with no execution problems

Does queuing for 'higher than me' also queue for the same rank? I wish I could search for all, I just want to find a game

>Do all the combo trials
>Practice my BnBs
>Beat the story
>Head to my local gaming bar and lose to some drunk guy who's just mashing 5L

IT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO BE THIS WAY WHAT THE FUCK

youtube.com/watch?v=SEt2UlxwUPw

the thing about clayton is puts Max's stupid "no combos" complaint to shame since Max has no idea

>ad hominem
Get out of here hot head

Well his 5M is an overhead, he has that gum lock move, his jH is midscreen and it's fullscreen if you IAD>jH. He has very little combo potential from what I've seen but he can put the opponent in certain situations and keep them out of others.
Some guy on twitter was just going in on corner pressure and gum resets, it was neat.

But Max REALLY likes fighting games! How could he be stupid/bad at them!?

Reminder that this is who you're talking to.

I'm pretty sure I could beat most of you niggers itt with a racing wheel

What do you gain from being a retard and posting shadman every thread? Seek help.

Max gets fucked by niggers in his stinky pajamas

This music is fucking ballin'. Dude's got taste.

Sweeping Breath is actually really strong too.

Daily reminder to always end your combos in a smash for mixups

I play him anchor because of the level 5. Don't know if that's the best spot for him though
I wish I had locals around where I live. I hate having to rely online to improve

he's literally a chad.

jabbing the air is a crucial part of hit gameplay

Your mom has a smelly pussy

I suck at mixups and anything involving pressure on block so I just go for the highest damaging bnb I have and hope my neutral is better and I catch him outside of blocking.

How are there so many talented vore artists. Wtf.

How do stage transitions work? I know it's by defeating characters but what are the conditions?
Namek and become Destroyed Namek and Cell Games Arena can become Wasteland. Can this be done with both level 1 and level 3 specials, with some exceptions?
Also what stages transition into what stages?

Do rank and casual both count towards this?

yellow-green master race. got my 20 ranked in for trophy and 80% winrate. im done son. fucking took days to get with 10-15 mins between matches and constant rage quits or server disconnects, even accepting nigger 3 bars to get a match.

Is it true those ki blast bomb loops don't work on small characters?

It needs to be done either with a super or anything that slams like Vanish or H.

I've seen someone with a green square and only 3 matches played. I have like 30 matches with only 4 losses and I'm still white. The system doesn't make sense.

Reminder if you get about 10 wins in a row you're destined to rank up.

I fought a Blue player who was fucking godly.
Makes me wonder how the fuck he ended up at blue.

watch nakkiels stream on twitch, this guy is INSANE

>ps4 dpad is fine
Don't lie now. It's a pretty bad dpad.

Well he does use a stick

It's the best fetish for a reason.

surprised he can move the joystick with those wimpy arms

I'm 90% sure that the connection errors are due to servers having a fucking shit refresh rate. If you ever get a connection error, it's probably because the game is trying to match you into a phantom game.

Anons I'm happy to say that I'm pulling it off more in matches now. I'm pretty happy. Fuck I keep improving. I fucking love this game.

I love his insight.

Don't lie you'd allow him to fist me

Anyway to get the training dummy to only block high or only block low?

I wouldn't limit what he could do to you at all.

record input for it

Why is he absent from the top 100?

he hasn't been playing ranked

>he thinks ranking matters
lmao

>play against my friends
>we have great, technical matches and punish the shit out of each-others' bad habits
>mash and you're dead
>play ranked
>literally beaten by button mashing
I don't get it. Why is this happening?