/mhg/- Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/
↳A limited edition Rathalos PS4 Pro has been announced for sale outside of Japan. Check your local retailer for more details.
↳Weapon movesets: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP (embed)

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh (embed)
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/mitchwallace/2018/01/30/monster-hunter-worlds-worst-offense-might-be-its-questionable-treatment-of-animals/#18fb38704200
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>helping nigger SOS
>host carts twice, whatever
>right at the end, he's so nearly dead
>I get hit, stunned, extremely unlucky tail thwack aimed at someone else but exactly where I'm standing dazed
>Quest Failed...

I want to kill myself

Dress for fashion or dress for skills what to do what to do

What's the top item needed to make the final Nergigante lance? I see horn+, talon and gem under it.

>only a few bone piles in a place full of rotting flesh and bones

Finally have 1 Zorah gem

What do I use it on?

I want to ____ Handler!

NOBODY TOLD ME ELDER MELDER MAKES THINGS. I'VE BEEN WONDERING HOW THE FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK I CAN EVER MAKE A SHOCK TRAP.

YES, FUCK YOU I'M A DUMB FROGPOSTER!

Why are there so many wyvern type monsters in World? Gets old quick.

I've been attempting Negrigante all day and I got to say. I can't fucking handle that fucking sky charge.

It's fucking bullshit. If my weapon isn't sheathed when he raises then 0% chance I'm avoiding it.

>10 second timer to carve
Why does this happen?

forbes.com/sites/mitchwallace/2018/01/30/monster-hunter-worlds-worst-offense-might-be-its-questionable-treatment-of-animals/#18fb38704200

Stop hunting animals.

What are some end game armor sets for bows?

Why did they have to fuck up bowguns so bad? Oh well, I forgot how much I enjoy gunlance.

Should I stop being a min/maxing bitch and just craft whatever shit i want?

Will I hit a hard wall eventually? Just started HR and I haven't really had much trouble in the game but been using SnS and wearing monsters down instead of speed killing them like a pro

Just wait until you see the combination list!

Interested in this to.
I'm assuming some elder dragon claw.

Boy you sure would hate getting Mohran carves

You used to have to help people by kicking them to cancel their carve animation early

>Do flying hammer spin into kirin
>Somehow clip into its body and be unable to move
>get raped by lightning

What the fuck was that supposed to be, game?

Can someone advise me on how to get gud with the bow?

I read on either /v/ or in a /mhg/ that you do not want to ever use the falling balls attack.

What combos should I be doing? I have a skill that lets me charge up the bow an extra time as well.

I'm currently using the Cross Hunter's Bow, so it's blast element and can use all but the power coatings.

Post webms of people fucking up bazel hard at around HR13, because I have no idea how to fight this cunt in melee

don't be greedy

POST SESSIONS

Wow, Teo was a complete pushover compared to Nerg and the wind dragon

what's more lower iq friendly, lance or gunlance?

>bazel appears in every zone now
>always appears without fail to interrupt whatever fight I'm in
>he proceeds to attack whatever I was fighting

The guy is based, I can forgive the occasional time his attacks hit me, either because I was in the way or he just wanted to give me a love tap.

Yeah but how do I fight him in melee?

Always start with circle, then follow up with your R1s, when your charge is maxed and you are in a good position unleash your triangle+circle, otherwise do a powershot

Stun locking monsters do death gets old really quick. The only time its necessary is if its a fight that isn't fun and takes ages. Luckily there aren't any fights like that in world except xeno.
Use what you want. But don't be too surprised if something carts you with a twoshot stun combo.

Hit it till it dies.

On that same note

>in the Elder Recess looking for A. Rathalos
>find it
>Dodogama is in the same area so they start fighting and kicking the absolute shit out of each other
>A. Rath leaves
>goes to Lavasioth area and proceeds to get his ass kicked by lavabro and the weird ostrich things

Poor A. Rath. He was probably relieved when I came to put him out of his misery.
>his face when I captured him instead

I'm 30 hours in and my character is still shit. I think Capcom sold us an MMO.

redesign

MH has always been a 4 player MMO.

Handler is for handling.

minmax when farming
use whatever when playing for fun in MP

>when your charge is maxed and you are in a good position unleash your triangle+circle

Wait, does this do more damage if your R1 is charged up?

>Massively multiplayer online
>4 players

is there any way to change what my palico looks like

>see a hunter near the quest board
>see a hunter buying stuff at the smith
>see a Anja slut walking around
>try to interact with any of them
>can't
>remember no shared hub
WHY

>tfw Monster Hunter World could've been 5x better if it was on Switch

WHAT DO I USE MY ZORAH MAGADAROS GEM ON

I really wish shit like Yama Tsukami were in the game just because casuals are already wondering why shit like Kirin is an Elder Dragon.

It's a massive potential playerbase that you run 4 player missions with. MMO doesn't mean a massive amount of people all doing the same exact thing together. Unless it's one of those gook MMOs

have a beautiful life with!

Wow HBG is way more fun than I thought it would be. What kind of armor skills should I be looking out for?

What is the consensus on SOS Xenos? Will people die to beams and shit and make me fail the optional? Soloing him and breaking his tail and shit takes me like 20 minutes.

it would have been the same ps2 models again

How was your last SOS?

Did she died?

Handler looks so ugly ingame.
Looks like a woman who hasnt slept in days who tries to hide it with makeup

B I N G
I
N
G

is that bird going to be ok?

>1 wingdrake hide needed
>take LS
>50 minutes and 3 screamer pods later
Why don’t these land. No excuse. Rocks only work once. Bullshit. I’m going to die, I’m so mad.

Your charge level persists across shots until you interrupt your combo and Dragonpiercer, everything really, benefits from it, yes.
Keep in mind by charging I don't mean to just hold down the button, a lot of actions bow has automatically advance your "charge level" by one. A simple quick R1 press or evading for example.
Bow is all about making use these charges to drop as many fully charged draonpiercers as possible into an enemies weakpoint.

GL

Let's make a tier list
>inb4 muh faggotry cant stand people min maxin

Shh Nintendo doesn't know that 4 and X were 90% 1st and 2nd Gen PSP ports. They think they're all new monsters.

Got my second Nergigante gem guys, but so many more carapaces to go

You can aggro them with the capture net.

What is the litmus test for a tier list though, fastest clear times on a specific boss?

What's your excuse /mhg/?

I've literally never failed a Xeno and have been spamming SOS. I'd assume by the time people get there they know how to deal with his ridiculously slow ass

Huntress butts

Xeno something
final boss m8

Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to give Lavasioth the armor hardening mechanic agnkator has? Makes what would be a fairly simple fight into a fucking tedious bounce fest

>when you get grouped up with a hammeroid

fucking teostra jobbed so hard in the nergigante turf war

Kill yourself, Nintenigger.

She smokes mushrooms. I'm not even joking. She keeps bugging the botanist chief for potent mushrooms, and then after goes to bug the chef for pies and shit. The final cutscene even has her sharing some fucked up mushrooms with the third fleet leader.

Tier lists are literal shitposting
Everyone flies in to defend their favourite weapons and at the end nothing has moved

Fastest clear time on Nerg seems to be the consensus

IT DOESN'T TELL ME WHERE HOW TO CRAFT A TRAP TOOL

I LOOKED UP GOOGLE AND CAME UP EMPTY

I'M LOSING MY MIND HERE

I've killed him around 40 times, a lot of japs actually get hit by that explosion he does

I woke up nerg and within the second he dove and 0HKOd me
Isn't that attack supposed to have a windup?

You.. you buy them from the provisions manager.

After he roars, you JUST have enough time to sheathe and immediately superman dive away

Wanna get into bow- what should i make and how do i not be a shitty bow user?

Am I supposed to be searching for HIGH RANK SoS or 6 Star SoS?

Whats the difference?

>smoking
Mushrooms. Bro you just eat them.

>get 1 wide range jewel
>suddenly become party healer

>MH World announcement
>"haha western MH, lol it's going to be Skyrim with bigger swords, ugly models and casualized gameplay"
>ignore game
>it's out, getting rid of the annoying shit and leaving core gameplay intact
>it's actually fun

I was so used to being a negative asshole that I shot the idea down the moment I heard it.

>join sort with some japs
>0m in
>spawn in
>so and so has fainted x3
>quest failed

One of the first things you do is meet the stockpile guy.

you buy them from provisions

user please, get some sleep. eat something, take a shower. for fucks sake, sort yourself out.

nerg is a terrible fight for that, his gimmick straight up fucks some weapons over. they can't kill it fast.

>i like monster hunter and i'm not going to stop playing but sometimes i feel bad when the monster is limping away :( i know it's just a game though haha
did someone really get paid for this? i've seen anons post this exact thing for free like a hundred times, all he added was "whoa dude maybe we shouldn't kill animals irl? idk lol"
maybe i should've gotten an actual bullshit degree like him instead of a BS

Why do you love Kirin so much?

Even that criteria is subjective, since so much depends on not just the weapon and armor used for skills/defense/resists and player skill, but also how the monster behaves. Like it the monster puts itself into position where you can avoid an attack and punish the head repeatedly early on, then hammer will have a fast clear, but what if it wants to be a faggot and not give you a clear shot, that will impact times. Don't know about you but my clear times can vary wildly depending on how the monster behaves.

I assume barroth breaker 2 is better than magda flga? It's got much better stats in pretty much everything but I'm missing that 400something blast
I think its upgrade is from teo and I can go back to using it cause it looks really cool.

buy them

Dodogama is in a better place now

I just saw a stream and the guy's Handler looked like the Guild Marm. What even quest is that?

Searching for HR can give you results too high for you to join. Searching for specific star count will give you only that star.

Well, it's a good thing developers don't make games with assholes like you in mind.

>want to get game
>know it will be the better experience because PC, AND because there are still shit to get improved/some bugs/DLC/G-rank/shit gameplay mechanics.

Fucking put me in a coma

>still haven't carted in an online hunt

He never did that for me when I fought him solo for the story, probably because me and my cat were both using Elderseal weapons, so I was kinda thrown off guard when he did that and had a whole powered up form I've never even seen the first time too. That's the kind of stuff that will only ever get you once though and if you have semi-decent gear it won't one shot you anyways

Nerg is like the worst fight possible for that.His moveset and the arena in general heavily favors certain weapon types.

4U Expansion Pak(with tempered frenzieds) confirmed

That's my point, you have that meme nergi bow clear strat that only works because you can jump off a crystal pillar. Is that really indicative of how "fast" bows are? Not really.