/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Radically Radial Edition
Previous jej:
The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of a Dead Earth
>Corneroids
>Crossout
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>GearBlocks
>Garry's mod
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>Opus Magnum
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMaden b
>Stormworks
>Skywanderers
>TerraTech

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named.The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>underageb& who won't use the search function and also won't read where are they posting

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames
fromthedepthsgame.com

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Serb rides in CLANGhalla eternal, shiny and chrome

Other urls found in this thread:

mods.factorio.com/mods/darkfrei/HeavyWagon
youtube.com/watch?v=UtGF5I9kRG0
youtube.com/watch?v=Q32w3ZxfUNk
raksal.com/content/compare
twitter.com/AnonBabble

7 deds early

evening ded

Attempt #8: tm200.nc1.eu:34561
Will be paused for the next 12 minutes.

Changed the PitchBlack mod to not multiply all pollution by 10.
Added Combat by Samuel mainly for sniper turrets.
Changed NauvisDay to not reset evolution factors to whatever the fuck it wants.
Made a new airdrop.
Added a mod only airdrop.
Air drop (standalone 16.20 + mods):
mega nz/#!LF8R3DDI!2ruzo8P3eLicujePa9qCg8X-wpf6XdGzC23ZnnssBZ4
Mod drop (mods only):
mega nz/#!mMcxgDZT!dSNs3ZfseppfsZ_XH3ALaV6EVJKxlnrpimM_ctokRVg
New NauvisDay:
mega nz/#!bZVEVK5R!jRe0XdVDGx8Zy2ABIjpDoMAHRi6B7Qouz3YlCcjXPFc

>unlikely
From dev, certainly, but I expected this from modders forever ago.
There like a mod to carry vehicle over train, now we have a artillery wagon
There's even this mods which is a niche I didn't expect before a gun wagon appear
mods.factorio.com/mods/darkfrei/HeavyWagon

le ebin shit matchmaking kike game

excellent post user!

8th for hovers are hard with no good logic system

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Is this shit even alive?

It is.

Never went to sleep; guess I'll check back in with f/egg/torio. If only for a moment.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Just got my cheetah tonight. Playing around with this and basic rockets. Shit is nuts.

There was a game attempt at it years ago, but I don't think it ever worked very well and the API changed of course so it became impossible for the mod to work. Happened to quite a lot of mods, actually.

(Reanswering 'cause new thread) I know there's a modder who's working on a forestry mod that will feature actual seedling->sapling->tree growth. No idea when it's going to be done though. I'll give him a poke and see what's what.

Can you see the new turning circle?

Remove cuckout forever, /egg/ death rally v2 soon ™

DEJA VU

Heres a really good racing frame setup I used for a long time. Heres some tips.

>6 wheels offers maximum control while racing
>2 steering up front and 4 steering in the back controls really well for extremely fast speeds, but has trouble cornering
>If you evenly space your wheels apart and do 2 steering up front, 2 non steering in the middile, and 2 steering at the back you can get really good control at high speeds as well as decent cornering, but then your car doesnt look very cool
>4 wheels for maximum DORIFUTO, with 2 steering in the front and 2 non steering in the back
>4 wheels can corner like a champ, but has trouble handling high speeds because they will spin out easily
>cheap ass common "Small Tires" are some of the best racing wheels in the game
>never use the actual "Racing Wheels" because they are heavy and have shitty grip on dirt/rock surfaces
>your cars total weight is everything, so try to only use lunatic parts if you can. Only use other parts if you want to look cool
>if you go really fast and part of your frame touches the ground you can explode, so the higher up your car is the better
>super small tires like studded tires and landing gear tires will bring you lower to the ground and make you explode alot at high speeds
>large tires will allow you to go as fast as you want and never explode, but they are heavy and slippery as fuck, so prepare to git gud
>with just a growl and avia boosters on small tires you can beat 90% of the plebs in the game in a race. Cheetah and rocket boosters are only needed to race the big boys.

And remember to turn off post processing
>KEEN bundled a shitty ENB with the game

But damn, wheels actually work now. KEEN actually fixed a thing, what a time to be alive.

Looking forward to seeing that mod then.
One of my favourite things about humanities relationship with nature is how we completely dominate and change it.
Apples trees were only discovered a little over 2000 years ago and now we have 7000 varieties to suit our tastes.

show us a skid m8

Yeah I doubt we'll get something with the ridiculous variety and all that extra stuff Forestry For Minecraft has, but it'll be nice to have a way to beautify sections of the factory.

Later, gotta test if my wheelie machine still works with new physics too

looking forward to it

What is an engineer's typical cup of coffee?

Coffee, milk and sometimes water

That sounds like some pussy ass shit to me, sonny.

If it's anything like an average builder's, then it's got milk and way too much sugar. They need the energy.
If you're talking paperpusher engineer then I'm sticking with black.

black and to the brim

double espresso

So that's what egg means. Ebin games general is better tho.

Still very much alive

aeiou

hmmm

I start my day with that horrid, pure-caffeine concentrate of coffee that gets brewed before the pot is finished. it's like snorting an adderal but also 100% guarantees the first hour of my day starts with shitting out yesterday's food, and a hefty dose of chemically induced motivation to actually contribute to society. and then i play videogames for 17 hours if it's a saturday

Why would you ask an engineer about that, these guys don't deal with RL.
Literally, engineers are a shit lot and fach-mechanics will prevail.

In Space Engineers, would it be possibble to build a shipyard that 3D prints you a ship based on any blueprint? Provided it can fit in the yard of course.

Tea. No sugar.

youtube.com/watch?v=UtGF5I9kRG0
i want whatever this guy is drinking

>the fucking dead wasp counter
I love it
As an entomologist I know wasps have their place in the ecosystem and all that but also fuck wasps

>fuck wasps
i agree
youtube.com/watch?v=Q32w3ZxfUNk

>Enemy team has 3 flying bots
>I'm the only AA bot on my team, but I fill my role well
>7 kills, 5 assists, 0 deaths.
>Manage to even kill someone outside of my sight range because his name was still showing
>One guy flied directly over me to bomb me, thinking I'd just die. He ate flak instead.
>Taunt after every single kill
>Insert stock insults and flame

Was Robocraft always this toxic?
Were flying bot users always this bad at dodging AA flak?
Do you think it's because of my name? I hope it's because of my name.

flak has always been a bane for air

Fliers have always had it rough, whether it be from weapons designed to specifically fuck them up, the basic weapon being able to snipe them from the opposite side of the map or the fact that once they're slightly hurt, they're completely out of the game.

However, the only exceptions I've seen inmy time are:
>For speed, such as the old 'medicopter beats protonium reactor in the first minute of the game', 'Thrustersticks are really hard to hit yet heal at the same rate we do (Or faster if they take hits less often) so they're amazingly tanky', 'plasma bombers are literally impossible to hit if you don't have the right teammates' and perhaps in the era around when they released helicopter blades there were some aerofoil fliers or some other sort that were actually tanky.

When flak had just been released, it was strong even against ground vehicles, hilariously so.

I imagine it's only worse in the current climate where there's lock-on missiles, lock-on machinegun and flak.

Yes, there's block with that sole purpose

If any MAVbois from last night are interested. Some really cool build calculators and shit on this site:

raksal.com/content/compare

The LOMLs are more often than not placed on fliers. Chainguns are fun on both, and of course, you only need 2 Aeroflak Guardians to max DPS (whereas I think you needed four at one time. How the fuck does anyone mount 4 Guardians and still be viable? It just doesn't happen.)

Thrustersticks/hyperdrives are dead and gone of course, but their spirit lives on in a revived but nerfed version. In the current game, there are new stats you have to monitor alongside your health and CPU, and they're all based on which blocks you do or don't place.
>More blocks = Health %boost
>More thrusters = Speed %boost (Base speed is affected by weight as well.)
>Less blocks overall = Damage %boost

This leads to the thruster stick thing. They're back in a way, and they're fast, but they're not meta anymore. And no matter what, they'll still get gunned down due to how predictable fliers are.

The best thing they can do is get a lot of health and/or speed, do so much damage that the beefiest of tanks fear them, or team up with someone who can focus on taking out dedicated AA units. Aside from that, planes are usually fucked.

Still wish I had gotten into this game around the golden age. I'm sure I'd have hated it myself, though...

Pretty sure I had a four-flak vehicle at some point.
It works if you stay out of danger, but the damage increase from 2 flaks to 4 flaks was pathetically small.

I suppose 'golden age' would refer to when we were still robocraftposting, but eh. It's not like the best thing ever. As time went on, different things were going on from trying to make fliers work with only thrusters around, paper-glass megabots, the 'everyone is a four-MSMG hoverstick' week and the single MSMG +piddly little gun chaingun...

It sounds more romantic if you consider its past as a whole, but if you played at any given point in time it wouldn't be that great, really. When one thing came, another thing went. But at least we could complain to each other about it.

"it's only temporary" I keep telling myself as I add more and more spaghetti

You can literally build a gigantic 3D printer in spengies now that pistons aren't destroyers of worlds

But large grid printing large grids is impractical and stupid, either build a welding ship or a self replicating grid

What IS this shit, my man? You've got a nice bus going, why aren't you using it? Turn those green chip outputs around, upgrade your belts, and set up a proper bot factory further down the line.

I was gonna move everything further south-east due to the map ending really close to the west so i build a quick mall so i could have what i wanted, but then i wanted more i needed science up first to get some stuff so i started to build my science area but it was slow as fuck so i made bots to make it, which meant i needed red circuits and it kind of got out of hand.
It's even worse now, you have no idea

I'm splitting one red belt of iron between 6 lines of machines

A touch of sugar followed by a packet of hot chocolate mix, three swigs of half & half, and fill the rest of the cup with Honduran blend. Sweet, full of energy, cools quickly to be consumed quickly. I usually get into work dead on my fucking feet because I haven't slept more than 4 hours a night in a year, so it really helps

The "golden age" was right after FJ gave up and let us put plasma on fliers underneath the wings because we all used AutoHotkey to flip our controls and built our bombers upside down anyway. That was the best point in the entire game. The good parts of the very beginning were still there, weapon variety was finally a thing, advanced armor packages still existed and worked, and we as a group ruled the skies. It was the one point at which the game as a whole was mostly fun.

Subpressor 2: not everything gets better with iteration

/egg/mageddon soon, fellow spengie!

/egg/ destruction derby
>no artificial mass
>blast doors for front and rear bumpers only
>as much heavy armor as you want
>no guns, drills or grinders
>pilot death/cockpit destruction/complete immobilization are your failure conditions
>gyroscope antiflip allowed
>size restriction: has to fit on a lifter platform
>lifter platform is yet to be built so

Thoughts?

Fund it

>finally something new on spengies
>heatwave going on
>trying to run games will fry my PSU

australians aren't people

I just started and I am trying to figure out what I'm doing. Wanted an early game solar solution. That is all.

Fuckin illegal aliens trying to cross the border

It took me an embarrassingly long time to work out why the throughput was shit

there is an extra splitter?

>Consume that much sugar and caffeine regularly
>Gee why am i so tired

>that flipped underground belt

Read the rest of the post for a better answer to that question.

no coffee unless I'm literally falling asleep at work.

It actually is logically that the morning sugar rush is preventing you from sleeping at night. In any case you should test to see.

>preventing
Nigga if I actually laid down at a decent time I'd be out cold in minutes. I go to bed at 2AM to get up for work at 5:30 by choice, not because my morning wake-up call keeps me from sleeping.

>Flipping controls
Weaksauce

Speaking of, I did the exact opposite with bottom-mounted plasma: Mount it right on the pilot seat and then build the vehicle upside down to get both a lower profile and the ability to have your weapon be undisarmable (without destroying the entire vehicle, anyway)

Also these early self-generated memes really were shit

I was getting 2-3 hours of sleep for two years at one point in my life. The trick was NOT drinking caffeine and sugar for a short-lived boost.

Eh, it doesn't really seem to have consequences for the rest of the day. It's not a very large cup.
I nap in my car during my lunch hour anyway. I have mastered the art of vehicular comfy.

before i start playing factorio: is there any mod that is highly raccomended to add now or later?

Come play on the f/egg/torio serb:

DAILY REMINDER to offer warbros spengies steam admins sexual favors until you're in the group
Cause pubbies are cancer and you're fucking stupid

/egg/-demolition-mageddon-dery is gonna be shielded by steam group

wasn't crossout posting supposed to be banned? I guess when that strawpoll showed these fags they aren't welcome they just stopped posting the link.
Crossniggers begone.

>FACT: CLANG CAN happen to YOU!
Needs another line below that says: "CLANG WILL happen to YOU!" and it'll be perfect

Been here since /cg/ and I'm not leaving. Suck a benis m8

Yes.

FUCK OFF TRACE

ha!

On a scale from absolute trash to good job user here are your free tendies how would (You) rate my setup?

AT

I make it in an aeropress and drink it black, tastes pretty good. Usually I drink 1.2 liters per day.

>factorio has single threaded catch up
GREAT USING 1/8th of my CPU
REALLY NICE

b-but why?

Pretty neat

I'm still not sorry.

is it possible to play on it with a pirated version?

there is a good chance i will buy the game if it goes on sale

Yes, just download the pack he linked to and that's literally it, it's the full game and all the mods pre-installed.
Just click "ask later" when you start it and it asks you to log in

Is there any clear explanation to how damage mechanics in crossout work?

There's that weird deal about 'damage passes through' blocks only allowing damage a certain distance further, there's the whole shit about how explosions work and I never quite understood generators and such exploding, how their damage is calculated. Not to mention all the hidden part resistances such as frames.

Is there any official explanations anywhere?

Remember to override the NauvisDay mod in the package with the other link, modified the code files.

'Bottleneck' is good because it gives you a little indicator on what's holding things up, which can be really unclear otherwise for a new player.
'Long Reach' is nice and once you lose it you will be sad, same with 'Squeak Through'.

Vehicle snap
Upgrade Builder and Planner
Even Distribution