/lhg/ Light's Hope General

Gates of Ahn'Qiraj open SUNDAY at 3:34pm Server Time Edition

Light's Hope is a Vanilla WoW Private Server, it's the new and improved version of Elysium, they cut out the corrupt owners and rebranded. New realmlist, same worldsave.

Open realmlist.wtf and Set realmlist logon.lightshope.org

Guilds:

Alliance: Mandate of Heaven (2x BWL clearing raids) All welcome to join, hpala in demand.

Horde: None

/who guildname , whisper anyone to join

>Server info
twitter.com/LightsHopeWoW
LH Discord (discordapp.com/invite/mraKxcU)
(lightshope.org/)

>Vanilla WoW database (currently broken)
db.vanillagaming.org

>Addons pack (some out of date like KLH Threat Meter)
github.com/ericraio/vanilla-wow-addons/

>Leveling Guide (specs unreliable for some classes use at own risk, play what you want or ask in the thread for more info):
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit

>Download the client without torrent (direct download):
mega.nz/#!e4cjFT5L!7VvX-yAlJ87KdU-6BNQVlhoYY5_YdnYW3WezYsVrYgI

>Raid/char/item drop info:
realmplayers.com/

>WoD models (place MPQ in data, rename file to patch-3.mpq)
mediafire.com/file/v107ncj1j27x85x/patch-3.mpq

Old Thread:

1st for tucker

2nd for I pVp by thE WAY

*munch* *munch*

Anime!

*munch*

What you do when you don't know what class to roll?

I always pick druid. I can tank, heal, or dps. I can go invis, I can be fast on land and water without mounts. People will add me simply by virtue of filling any role needed for a dungeon or to carry flags in WSG.

think about what class looks the coolest in its tier gear and roll the worst looking one

There is more ally or horde on Xiaobringer?

It's really easy once you know most of all the classes.

Horde is dominated by Chinese and Russians, however there are still a shitload of Chinks on Alliance as well (easily 50%).

Server is far beyond redemption at this point.

This, Light's Hope is finished.
A̶r̶e̶s N̶i̶g̶h̶t̶h̶a̶v̶e̶n ̶E̶v̶e̶r̶y̶s̶t I mean Kronos III is the future.

Classic is the future desu, I'm done with private servers once my guild stops raiding on LH

Corecraft right behind the corner ;^

im still waiting for crestfall desu

>im still waiting for crestfall desu

CF "tester" here, it is literally never coming out lol. Ask Ghostly if you don't believe me.

ye i wasnt serious actually just want classic wow from blizz, please dont screw it up blizzard.

aq in 24 hours!!!

who /notpreparedforaqaaaaaaaa/ here

>still waiting for the ban appeal

FUCK AQ

FRESHFRESHFRESHFRESHFRESH WHEN

are you farming blood? I thought warriors didnt need it

he's farming the blood of LIBERALS.

they don't need it for the zg enchant but they need it for the nature res enchant

Thats not out till way later my dude. He has months to farm it.

What are you rolling in classic bros?

Orc warlock here.

either dwarf prot warrior or dwarf holy paladin

I'm staying on private servers, haven't you watched any of /ourguy/'s videos lately? he's saying Blizzard is going to add in Artifact power and transmog to Classic.

Human lock most likely.

I'll still give rolling there a try, but if they fuck it up, everyone will obviously go back to either the most popular or fresh private server, and I'll follow suit. Worth a shot though.

I HOPE that blizzard would see the huge initial turnout, and go back on any retarded decisions should most of the population fuck off due to retard decisions. I mean really, if they mess this up, this will be the biggest failure in blizz decision making history.

alex...

orc warlock

>Light's Hope isn't dead
FUCK
What about Everyst? Did it succeed??

everyst is kill

kek the only people who rolled one everyst were absolute retards, everyone else knew it was going to crash and burn spectacularly

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE CHINESE

Guys I want advice:
Is it viable to level a rogue with daggers, as in gouge -->backstab --> eviscerate each mob, they die fairly easly in the earlygame

is it viable over lvl 30 though?

you'll have to be spending gold buying daggers instead of getting the quest swords from rfd and sm

based

Yes and you feel like an actual rogue instead of a weird warrior facsimile

Just buy daggers occasionally unless there's a good one you see in a dungeon, use Atlas loot

Fuck yeah, dude. Go Imp. SS -> Imp. Gouge -> Imp. Backstab, move to Assassination to get Remorseless and fill that out to 30, then you can dump the rest of your points into Sub.
Ambush (BS until you get it) > Gouge > BS > SS > SS > Finisher
Once you get Cheap Shot, you can:
CS > SS > Gouge > SS > KS
and just never get hit.

pretty good desu, this should go in the OP.

Tfw not a roguebull so don't know these acronyms

Can you list them please?

you can run through mobs and backstab them without having to gouge first

tried to work out how to do that but couldn't get the hang of it

NO

very impressive that you can do this, you must be extremely skilled - also nice race choice for Rogue, good taste.

Improved Sinister Strike, Improved Gouge, Improved Backstab (the 8 points you need to put into Combat to reduce your main combo builder's energy cost, increase your stun time to regenerate energy, and increase crit)

Remorseless Attacks gives you a 40% increased critical chance on your next target. With Improved Backstab, that means you have a +70% chance before your own critical chance is included to crit on a monster, which takes out anywhere from 25-50% of their health.

From that you go:
5/5 Malice, 3/3 Improved Eviscerate, Relentless Strikes, 5/5 Lethality, 2/2 Murder, 2/3 Ruthlessness, Cold Blood, 3/3 Improved Kidney Shot, 3/3 Ruthlessness, 5/5 Seal Fate

With all of your extra crit chance (+75% after killing a mob) you now get to abuse Seal Fate to generate more combo points. More combo points means more damage while you've stunned a mob, since you can use more finishers.

You move over to Subtlety to do 5/5 Opportunity, 2/2 Elusiveness, 3/3 Master of Deception, and 2/3 Improved Ambush which puts you at level 60. Just be aware that this isn't meant to be a stunlock build -- you would need Vigor, at least 1/2 of Improved Cheap Shot, or 5/8 Nightslayer to have a stunlock build. Remember that it's okay to run away in PvP and then gank someone when they're at less than half their health. You're a roguenigger now.

why are all Rogue players so intelligent and good at their class?

trolling is a art

melee in general has to put in a lot more thought into their class to become good at them unironically

frobolt

>Watercooler cast Frostbolt

>Riverstyxdemon cast Shadowbolt

>Holycow cast Flash Heal
>Holycow cast Flash Heal
>Holycow cast Flash Heal

>Tankbull used Sunder Armor
>Tankbull used Taunt
Tankbull yells: FUCKING HEALERS WATCH YOUR THREAT
>Tankbull used Sunder Armor
>Tankbull used Enrage
>Tankbull used Last Stand
Tankbull yells: HEALERS WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING WHEN I SAY WATCH YOUR THREAD I MEAN USE FADE AND SALVATION
>Tankbull has died
/rw REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>Watercooler

>Watercooler

>204048562
>Tankbull used Enrage
>Enrage
>not Berserker Rage
>druidcucks

Can't fool me healslut incel fuck outta here.

double greenskin

anyone else got their biggest buttplug ready for tomorrow? i'm thinking about wearing it over night too so i'm really horny when healing in AQ tomorrow...

we get it gropy, you're gay
jesus christ

name my pet. 9 decides

Looks like you're on your own, fagtron.

>9

namemypet or nine

hitlerboi

hitlerGRL!

Is anyone "normal" (i.e. actually interested in playing the game rather than ERPing and posting anime) playing Nighthaven Horde side or should I just join a public guild?

NEVER join a Veeky Forums guild unless they're playing the "uggo" faction; in WoW's case, from TBC onward, don't join ANY Veeky Forums guilds.

I've actually had decent luck in the past playing with people from Veeky Forums but maybe you're right. Judging from this general and /wpsg/, WoW isn't a game one should play with people from here.

In the past, we had .
Now, there is nothing but cum and lube.

a sure sign of autism is not recognizing obvious sarcasm
based salty dogs

It's been a lost cause for awhile unless you are a teenager, an adult looking to jack off with teenage guys, or an adult looking to jack off with other adults.
/wpsg/ still has some friendly people but for the most part they're bitter neckbeards interested in meme'ing their server of the month and then moving on while doxxing and writing fanfic about each other.
Vanilla for Veeky Forums has been essentially a playground for larping homosexual sex offenders since K2. It's "teehee maybe im a girl XD" degenerates and sadsack lonely guys who have given up on everything and just want someone (anyone) to pay attention to them and type naughty sex words in their discord box.

To answer your question, playing horde with Veeky Forums is generally (not always) safe from the anime/ERP as the life-failures mentioned above exclusively play fem human and fem nelf. TBC and above, like the other guy said, gets more complicated.
Nighthaven does not have a Veeky Forums horde guild. I would suggest joining a leveling guild in the meantime to make grouping easier (don't be afraid to bounce to a different one if not enough people in your level range) and to start looking for a guild that raids at times that are comfortable for you after you get some levels.

>dank budz

delet this

>trying to wipe a raid before they even have any buffs they could lose

dindu brains

Got several retards who wasted time on DM buffs tho

>DM buffs

BROS I WANT BRAPTI SO BAD

most didn't bother with DM, AQ tomorrow

Is that why your entire raid was in DM an hour ago?

how many ded??

are you fantasizing again?

ME...TAKE...BUFFS
ME...WIPE...RAID

Got only 12 trannies. eh could've been worse

>camping a portal spot with 10 mages and only getting 12 people
>killing BEFORE ony buff

me.. horde.. me smort...

lmao ok u killed us but it didnt count rofl good luck kid lol

fucking wish we had 10 mages, others slacked and didnt come in time. still the ratio is positive and you people were worldbuffed so.
>ony buff
i'll just look at your bwl take care of that

wait does moh think madti posting is done by anyone other than himself? like unironically?

in English please

pm me madti#7777

battlenet or discord

Tauren druid

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHAT THE FUCK DANK BUDZ WIN AGAIN

anyone here gotten /scubad/ during raid time yet?

HEH GJ VAEL! mfw dbc has raid bosses in their guild

AHAHHAHAHA FUCKING VAEL HOLY SHIT

They have been doing this for almost a full year, how disgraceful

>Bunch of level 60s spamming /chicken at saldean's farm
>kill all the chickens there
>They promise to corpse camp me from level 18 to 60

Human Male Paladin to take advantage of the revamped prot/ret trees!

Just because we wipe in BWL that doesn't mean you raid 2 cucks are replacing any of us. literally KYS