Life is Strange General 748

''Soulmates'' Edition

Previous Thread: >Farewell - Behind the Scenes:
youtube.com/watch?v=19z8RzlatS4 [Open]

>Release Dates:
Episode 1 − ''Awake'' 31 August 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 2 − ''Brave New World'' 19 October 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 3 − ''Hell Is Empty'' 20 December 2017 (Out Now)
Bonus Episode: Farewell − 06 March 2018

Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price, a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret, it takes their newfound alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/554620
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg [Open]
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0 [Open]
youtube.com/watch?v=2aSC1kY30uI [Open]

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/14976466
strawpoll.me/14976478
strawpoll.me/14659151
strawpoll.me/14890728
strawpoll.me/14944314

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
youtube.com/watch?v=Gz-98_GtEYM
youtube.com/watch?v=0mAXONFIxxA
youtube.com/watch?v=AHO7iLMviUE
youtube.com/watch?v=uwltZWcvhzw
youtube.com/watch?v=4bihsiBQgks
youtube.com/watch?v=Dvub-4QbNXs&index=25&list=PLrvM8liesdtUZQtMozQYjoAxYIhoiii0U
youtu.be/XOe_lkiwhCM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

BAE > bay

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

Always kiss the Price.

Victoria Chase here to remind you that a) there are only a couple of dedicated baiters here and 2) they can only derail a thread if you engage them. Just ignore them and report posts that break the rules for a cozy /lisg/ experience!

Chloe is #1

>no /lisg/ in title.

Rip.

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>So, once again we got the fact that our ending always will be BAE>Bay

Thread jumped like 20 numbers

user dun fucked up

Before BtS Episode 3's release:
>Devs: ''Intense episode is waiting for us.Be ready for it;);) There is a reason why we chose Tempest as major theme and you will find out;)''
>Don't worry, Deck9 won't disappoint us. They are better than Dontnod
>I love you Zak. Thank god, finally a developer who understands us!! What did we do to deserve him guyssss
>CLOUD 9!!! TELL ME WHATCHU REALLY LIKE... BE READY FOR MULTIPLE KISSESSS!! CLOUD 9 WOHOOOO
>Sera is a witch. Ending is going to be awesome
>We will see how Damon got killed
>We will get our revenge from Skeevy guys too
>We will see Skip's concert too. Rachel and Chloe will go there yeeeyy
>All plot holes Dontnod left will all be answered.
>Beanie Queen Steph will get hug and also we will have advice scene ;);)
>They will not touch 3 years. They will keep their promises:) Unlimited happy endings are coming. 6 variations depending our choices with RACHEL HYPE CLOUD9

After BtS Episode 3's release:
>Deck9's worse than Dontnod
>Devs were bullshitting all along: Tempest? They forgot it. Poor Shakespeare is rolling in his grave right now
>Zak went full retard
>Nothing was cut:)
>Girls went full nun-mode and was giving each other cheek kiss and 0.1 sec cuddle scene in bed -even with cloud 9 intimacy
>Choices didn't matter
>Pedo Frank
>Frank pushes Damon out of screen. God knows how is he fucking dead
>Rachel spent almost the whole episode in that hospital bed
>Chloe was unconscious at the very intense moment
>Sera magically untied herself
>End choice didn't solve anything
>William went full Fast and Furious flashbacks.
>Even if Sera and Rachel reunite, Sera gtfos that town in one way or another
>They added credits scene out of nowhere - Rachel's ded - Chloe's still suffering. Technically, they were bullshitting about not touching 3 years either

>748
wut

Eh, things happen. It's not a huge deal. I'm sure it'll be back to "normal" next thread.

Thread has made by some phone user.. give him a break. Previous thread was completely a shit anyway (or maybe user tried to go forward in time)

he went forward in time. where legion has finally ded

I wish OP

Always kiss the Price!

Man you guys made me laugh so much today. Now OP user's "748" meme got me
I love lisg no matter what.

Have a nice night, anons. Please try to take Vic's advice that was posted earlier.

>thread from the future
you opened a new era for /lisg/

Episode 5 was okay the first time you played it. Replaying it feels painful. The entire episode takes place in a timeline that gets erased when Max travels back in time to the Vortex party. None of it mattered.

i'm not info leaker but different user with a betatester friend. for now their release schedules are these, not sure if they tale them in one day prior as they did with episode 3

Farewell;

20th Feb -> Coming soon picture
21st Feb-> Teaser
22nd Feb -> trailer
23th Feb -> (song) reveal

DontNod ! focus on LiS not Vampyr
youtube.com/watch?v=Gz-98_GtEYM
youtube.com/watch?v=0mAXONFIxxA
youtube.com/watch?v=AHO7iLMviUE

>want to go to the time where legion will have died
>go to the future in hopes of a better /lisg/
>arrive in the new the dystopian version of /lisg/ ruled by the legion cause instead of going to the past and fixing the mistake that was the legion the correct way moron went to the future instead leaving no one to oppose legion in the "present"(now past) and practically giving them the keys to /lisg/
>pricefield is all but eradicated
>we /amberprice/ now
>No habēmus initium. No habēmus finis.
>legio sumus
>Ave legio!
>Ave Rachel!

man be careful. those idiotic legion bigots would take this meme seriously

I was just asking about this yesterday. Thank you betatester friend user.

can anyone send info leaker's latest infos' screenshoot too?

Victoria gets to snuggle in bed with three comfy teddies tonight.

thread's a mess, what happened to old OP?

Let's say his friend was trying to help him but he went forward in time.

>"So it's time to start moving forward in time."
Nailed it

best girl!

confess!

Reminder that after Chloes death in Bay, Max starts a relationship with Warren.
Michyl confirmed.

He was saying that as ''eh do whatever you make in headcanon''
In 2016 he officially confirmed that only ultimate relationship is magg and chocho

Did I just replied to legion bayt right?

>Did I just replied to legion bayt right?
yes, yes you did.

Word of God. It's canon.

Cutest girl in Arcadia Bay.

OP took Chloe's words way too literally.

Hottest too.

Goddess of Arcadia Bay.

More like slowest girl amirite

What is this supposed to mean?

playlist back again, i added a few songs to the list for max(ine) and would love to hear feedback on how long it should be, I generally was gonna go for 13-20 songs!
I'd want to hear your guys suggestions because I was hoping for this to be a kind of general approved list!
Basically any song you think fits max with lryics or theme. Even a song you think she'd like!

>Bloom- the paper kites
>Young folks- Peter bjorn and john
>I like you- dandelion hands
>Shes electric- Oasis
>For paolo- woodpigon
>so sad, so sad- Varsity
>say yes- Elliot smith
>My Dream Girl Don't Exist- Neutral Milk Hotel

The Cutest.

The World Spins by Julee Cruise

I FEEL NUMB

Post yfw you will be watching E3 2018 and Square Enix or Dontnod logo shows up and light indie rock music starts playing.

Thanks!
I was hoping someone posted some closing music!

season 2 will be a shit

screencap this

Why even reply to yourself?

Say that to my face not online and see what happens

This questionable blonde girl asks you to fetch her a quarter. What do?

Invite her back to my dark room

Are you asking me out?

y-yes.

nah lad

>never really had much interest in this game
>the fanbase repels me from it like a citrus candle repels mosquitos
>get it in my Humble Monthly
Alright faggots you win. I still hate you though.

hope you like it dawg

why should i care about anything you said?

don't worry, feelings are mutual. we hate animufuggs like you too

This better not put me off of Vampyr I swear to god.

>we
not everyone here is plebbit, plebbit

>on Veeky Forums
>hates anime

The average anime is better than lis

Come on man admit it. You are falseanimufagging now

>t.waifufag
Play it with japanese dub. So you won't feel like stranger

youtube.com/watch?v=uwltZWcvhzw

youtube.com/watch?v=4bihsiBQgks

I've always wondered why there are these two versions of Chloe telling Max that Rachel was her angel. In the first she says it like she's using the word to replace another word, but in the second version she just says it as if that's what she was always going to say. It's weird.

nah, you belong to that shithole

In first one Max acts like she never heard about Rachel and wants to hear all detail. While doing that, Chloe feels more upset.

In other one, Max sums up half of info about Rachel, and Chloe still says that with a sad tone yet without stuttering.

i'm not the one who came from reddit, redditor.

>knows what is coming from that shithole
are you gonna come out as pleb or what

nothing changes actually.
in first one, Max only asks who is she and wants Chloe to give every information about her. and she stutters while thinking
in other one, Max says the half information about Rachel and that leaves more room/give time for Chloe to think. she doesn't stutter in other one because of that

>no u
as expected from ledditor

>n-no u
top lel. end yourself already

get ready to cry

youtube.com/watch?v=Dvub-4QbNXs&index=25&list=PLrvM8liesdtUZQtMozQYjoAxYIhoiii0U

you both need to go back

youtu.be/XOe_lkiwhCM

"Obviously she was a good friend"
Oh, Max. If only you knew.

Still my favorite fan video of all time.

She was aware of it wasn't just that, at least on Chloe's side.

Chloe uses the word "angel" because it's a powerful one, but also an all encompassing one. It was obvious Chloe didn't know how to accurately describe Rachel because she didn't fully know what they were.
Chloe knows what her feelings were but cannot speak for Rachel, only time she tries are when confronting Frank when she adds in "I love her, and she loved me." which was trying more one last try to convince herself after learning the truth.

>dyke
i'm not you though

Very well described. Makes sense

How can you know a prism? You just stare in awe.

>no u lel
you need to go back, dyke

748? Future /lisg/! I guess the regular OP wasn't available, no biggy. Thanks for stepping up, user.

Playing catch up and looking through the end of last thread.
This is freaking great. I hope the 01 means there's more.

chloe is bottom

>I hope the 01 means there's more.
There is but it's unrelated to the first.

I wish Deck9 followed in DONTNODs foot steps a little more in terms of making certain things intentionally vague. I think, despite all the flaws, one of the biggest strengths of LiS was they way it portrayed the characters in a human way. None of the main characters, besides Jefferson, seemed like one dimensional cartoon characters. I think the main way they did it was by making certain things about characters backgrounds up to the player to imagine and never being specific about what every line of dialogue or look meant. BtS pretty much failed to be subtle at any point. One example that stands out like a sore thumb to me is how we're banged over the head with Steph being a lesbian and attracted to Rachel. It's obvious from only the questions she asks Chloe in episode 1 but Deck9 had to put stuff in Chloe's journal, have Mikey tease Steph about it, and then have an entire conversation between Chloe and Steph clarifying it. It felt like those sorts of things happened all over the place in BtS.

>I think the main way they did it was by making certain things about characters backgrounds up to the player to imagine and never being specific about what every line of dialogue or look meant. BtS pretty much failed to be subtle at any point. One example that stands out like a sore thumb to me is how we're banged over the head with Steph being a lesbian and attracted to Rachel. It's obvious from only the questions she asks Chloe in episode 1 but Deck9 had to put stuff in Chloe's journal, have Mikey tease Steph about it, and then have an entire conversation between Chloe and Steph clarifying it. It felt like those sorts of things happened all over the place in BtS.
What's wrong with clarifying some stuff ''about characters'' though? If you keep everything ambigious after sometime it bores you. You wouldn't know what to think. Sometimes, you have to be solid and clarify it. Prequel was supposed to explain some stuff in our heads.

But of course, they never touched other ambigious stuff, just as Max's powers etc.

They do whatever feels right in the time. No set roles.
Especially not at first when everything is new to Max and even to Chloe since it's with someone she cares so much about and has known for so long.

I see, still nice. I like the style.

>one of the biggest strengths of LiS was they way it portrayed the characters in a human way. None of the main characters, besides Jefferson, seemed like one dimensional cartoon characters.
>BtS pretty much failed to be subtle at any point.
I agree with this entirely. At times perhaps LiS was a little too vague, but Deck Nine went too far in the other direction. That came at the cost of having less natural characters (Though I still did like some of the side characters for what they were) or seemingly damaging an already known character. An example of that being Victoria's scheming being taken to a disturbing extreme.

>characters' preferences had to be subtle
>characters' relationship had to be subtle
i get the feel like the next thing you are gonna say is ''they shoved them down to our throats''

What are some fics that should absolutely be avoided?

I already know All Wounds will be too sad for me.