/mhwg/ Monster Hunter World General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/
↳A limited edition Rathalos PS4 Pro has been announced for sale outside of Japan. Check your local retailer for more details.
↳Weapon movesets: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RrkzIN2eP0U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>1 point i Flinch Free means allied spammers no longer trip me as Lance because the default is to be flinched in World
Fucking mint
I was getting tilted plying online but this changes everything

Rainbow pigment!

Weakness Exploit Lv3
Attack Boost Lv6
Agitator Lv3
Maximum Might Lv3

Should I SA or Insect Glaive?

Can't use DB/SnS/Hammer with this set because their abilities require stamina usage which ruins MM.

Best gunlance for shelling/blast damage? Zora tree I am guessing? What skills should I look at to make the most using a gunlance.

>/mhwg/
Don't do this.

So what's with the hate for the greatsword now? Is it because of the tackle? Do people not like tackling?

Also anyone have that Reddit vs MHG weapon usage comparison

Fucking this. Go back to /mhg/.

Can anyone help me kill the Xeno Jiiva for storyline? am scrub.

brainlets cant use GS anymore

Because it's playstyle has been gutted.
C.Draw is worthless

The nu-GS playstyle is fucking boring. Tackle lv1 charge MAX True charge repeat until dead.

Are Elder seal weapons worth it?
They seem rather weak.

Any tips on defeating this guy in the Tempered Assigned Quest?
What armor set should I use?
I usually just use my Bazelguese set, but when each piece has -4 in thunder resistance it just isn't a good idea.
Also GS/Hammer/HBG player

IG consumes stamina as well if you're a jumping man

>mhwg
Great, another trash OP

Does adding one more charge move make it any harder really

jumping is playing inefficiently

Thunder proof mantle

>it aint me starts playing

It's not that it's shit per se. It's just that it literally is useless for half of the wyverns. Many of them are too small, most of them have their weakpoints severely tweaked. Bone Uragan doesn't give a FUCK about your pierce. Odogaron is too small and too fast with too few shooting weakpoints. Tobi only takes like 4 pierce 3's to the tail. Hell it'd actually just be easier to name the wyverns you can use pierce on.
Enraged Xeno
Val Hazak if you don't want face breaks
Fully spikey nerginate
Diablos/Black Diablos
Uragaan Bazelgeuse
Rathian but NOT Pink Rathian
Great Jagras

Of all the wyverns in the game there are only 4 that aren't just far easier to spam slicing shot on since it has no range falloff. The other previous issue is that elemental shots work like Normal 3 and don't have their own ways of affecting wyverns and/or work like pierce. So you have to ricochet a fucking elemental shot and pray you bounce it back into a weak point. But most of the elemental weakpoints end up being the face. So it's like, what the fuck do you do in this situation.

Trying to put together the best HH armor set. Any ideas?

And yes, I play HH solo.

What DO Elderseal weapons do?
>inb4 they seal the elders

same as non tempered, it's not like anything changes except that you eat more damage

also someone make a non shitty thread please

Is Catastrophe's light any good IG weapon?

isn't the defense really low to be an end-game item?

>/mhwg/

I dont get it? whats the fucking point of this? to piss people off that ctrl+f to find /mhg/?

ctrl+f mhg still worked for me

WHY ARE WE HERE

JUST TO SUFFER?

I'd say past like 250 def it becomes irrelevant. If something is going to one hit you it's going to one hit you. 30 more def isn't going to stop that.

to bait bing bings, just ignore it fampai

Wyverian is random. I only even know it exists because two different friends stumbled into the fuck.

Depends on the weapon. For the 3 bowguns you'll use piercing with. Put long range on that shit.

For everything else you'll be using recoil and reload on a per bowgun basis to make some of them useable as a baseline. And there's one Scatter 2/3 HBG that you can shove 1 reload and 2 close ranges onto and be just fine

it's more fun though

Why are the red-masked Gajalakas trying to kill me?

What the fuck have I ever done to them? I can understand killing that gigantic flying wyvern, but why me?

i think that the damage for the first charged strike was reduced, and that's what makes crit draw obsolete

>elemental shots work like Normal 3
That's pretty dumb...

SO MUCH MOTION BLUR

What weapons are we all sick of seeing online?

SA personally. So many.

youtube.com/watch?v=RrkzIN2eP0U

MY MISSING GEM
IT STILL HURTS

Apparently they're like 6% of players so i don't know why you're seeing so many

CB

Wow. There's actually a faint animation for when you are lying prone on the ground.

As a Bow user I didn't see other Bow users the first week, now Bow users are in every fucking game I join. Time to try out IG

>/mhwg/
Idiot.

This
>inb4 CB players rush to say how intellectual their weapon is and it's extremely technical to play.

Finally got my ass to finish the story. Xeno is such an exhausting fight.

Based Chad Bladers making the kill time faster, why would you want less of them?

So is HH useful in MHW? It seems kinda gimped compared to previous games and every tree is a shitty fucking bagpipe.
If it does work what are some alright trees and skills to use on it?

Ignore the image, it's just there to get (you)'s because it would go unnoticed otherwise in Nu /MHG/

what skills are you going for on it? I can just make an Artillery charm if that's all, and if it's Bombardier I can just use the Bazel set since it gives 4 earplug and 2 bomb

Where are you getting percentages?

I guess I'm just (un)lucky? Dunno

Bow is pretty bad too actually.

I'll have you know CB is intellectual and it's extremely technical to play.

Whatever one Im using. I mained lance to clear the game, and every lobby after had 2 lancers at minimum. Swap to greatsword, they all come out. Go dual blades for bandit mantle memes, lobbies full of naruto appear.
I'd use my old dooting horn but I havent found one I like.

fucking bow users, all they do is DP and doe the fucking shit rain the staggers everything in sight.

If you join my lobby anj=d you're a bow user, I will assume that you are a shitter and kick you. LBG and HBG are okay though

>Bow is pretty bad too actually

this to be honest

>all this hate for the CHADblade after the polls

>every lobby after had 2 lancers at minimum
Nani, but seriously, is Lance that many?

>LBG and HBG
>slicing shots ur monster

I mean as in over saturated, not performance of the actual weapon.

>it would get ignored
I read your post before I even expanded the thumbnail user.

Anyways yes HH is useful. Even having something as simple as earplugs massively increases clear times with how much every fucking wyvern now screams into your ass

It's because CB is an extremely solo friendly weapon, if you pull the SAED shit in groups you just knock everyone around but you feel justified because "I'm the big damage here!".
My bad

Who SnS here? I never see them

And I can get 4 gems from a single monster.

i dont even know how to play CB, but raped anjanath on my first CB run. shit's brain dead

Hunting Val for those gay ass fangs. Get in here boys. I'm gonna try to charge blade but if that isn't working I'll swap to GS or something.

ID: AcZ8rRwsYx

>LBG and HBG are okay though
Fuck them, keep tripping my shit.

There has definitely been an increase in bow users.

FUCKING BOWS THROWING PEBBLES AT ME

Because
Run up
Charge
Sheathe
Was infinitely better

is the wyvern path for longsword good or should I stick to pure physical?

>HBG player
Shove slicing shots on his horn till he dies
take advantage of your shield mod if he charges and reposition towards his side whenever you can. You can also block most of his thundershock attacks with the shield
Main problem I had was that fucking stylish thunder move he does now, that can't be blocked by the HBG shield, but a simple roll gets ou outside its range. When he goes SSJ2 watch out for that thunder move, if you roll you might get yourself into another one , but most of the fight stays the same.
Go for Thunder res, Vitality and Thunder Mantle, or Ghille if you need to heal up if you get hit by it. Most of my carts came from getting kirin into a ramp or cliff and not noticing an incoming bolt, so watch out if you lose track of him in the fight.

Alternatively just grab a lbg and pepper that fucker until he's dead. He won't be able to touch you as long as you keep strafing

Never ever

How to tell which weapons are popular is to think, what weapon would weebs like (in LR) and which weapons would mmo grinding peons like (hr).

Makes me wish I made a Big Boss character now.

Really? Because I use it all the time but i don't blow anyone out. Maybe people just need to learn to aim.

Not as common but healing HH is actually useful now with the multi-song encore you can do a shitload of healing, that plus earplugs means you can prevent carts a lot. Offensively the Teo/Kirin/Nergi HH are probably the best.

>first wyverian says funlance is only the 10th most popular weapon
I don't really see what there is to dislike about it tbqh other than fucking with your fashion game a little. maybe capcom shouldn't have said it "may take a while to master"

Would it be a bad idea to focus on the Pukei bow? I like the concept of pelting monstesr with poison or sleep

Cute

You still farming that shit? lmao.
I play with randos sometime and i never see Lance that much.
/mhg/ have a few Lancebros though

anyone else got any suggestions for armor/skills?
does bombardier affect GL or just bombs?

>It is much better and it pretty much destroyed all older games
t. retard

Should I build the xeno'jiiva bow or the nergigante bow? Which one is better?

Nerg until you get top tier gems

/mhg/ NA Tri session ID: bHnXDKH6dTz
Drop in for the invite or help people with clearing quests or farming.

tone that bait back my dude. heres a (you) though, hot and ready

Maybe the fact that wide is absolute shit and the only decent normal GL is the rathian one and everything else is long you double bazel

I've broken the head a few times but only got one fang out of like 4 tries. Got some ok investigations out of it.

Get in here dammit, it's less boring with other people

I hate it because the most beautiful GL is shit.
If they gave Nerg GL Normal or even Long shell then i would main that shit.

bully Legiana

Guard is nice, Evade Window/Distance is nice for better hop positioning, all the general attack up stuff.
The Wyrmstake seems to apply statuses during its ticks before the explosion which is nice too. (At least I think it does).
Bombardier only affects bombs.

>Game lets you join online lobbies with PS+ but you have to sit around and watch notifications fly around of people playing with one another

10/10 psychological conditioning. I'm still not buying PS+ though.

wide is only shit if you full burst

I havent had issues with getting tripped by slicing ammo in multiplayer desu senpai

pppfttt, you better run

*prepares wyvern fire*

I'm new to the game and have to ask. What are the differences between iron weapons and bone weapons? Benefits and cons.

So the best CB weapons for each element are the following, right?

Raw: Nergigante
Fire: Rathalos
Water: Jyuratorus (it's pretty much the only water CB in the game, so no competition here)
Ice: Everfrost
Thunder: Tobi Kadachi
Poison: Rathian
Paralysis: Great Girros

What about blast?