youtube.com/watch?v=0tdyU_gW6WE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

hows godot 3 compared to unity?

It's about 5 lower.

>open godot 3
>see this
>firewall prompt appears asking to allow godot 3
worry.jpg

This is the dumbest forced meme ever and I don't even particularly like Godot.

Considerably better in every aspect, and you don't have to pay money for shadows.

Stop making turn based RPG and platformers.

>and you don't have to pay money
but you do . you just aren't aware of it.

gm:s' debug option also fires off a firewall prompt

I wonder if you think you are being funny or if you actually have a good reason to spread misinformation.

>clone their github repo
>remove the crypto miner code protip: it doesn't exist
>compile

Godot is open source. Show me the part of Godot 3 source code where it mines enjincoin.

>not putting a crypto miner into your game
>"hey uhh why is this shitty game using up so much GPU power"
>"just bad optimization :^)"

Post yfw when AAA game studios (Square Enix Mobile, Epic Games) are using open source engines (Godot, UE4) and you think closed source software is better.

You can't even mine enjinbux, you get it by partnering with them or converting items.
It's just a dumb cryptomeme for mobileshit microtransactions.

>misinformation
not misinformation. just a gut feeling. adding 2 and 2 together.

>adding 2 and 2
>gut feeling
more like you are adding 2 and X, you dont know and more than likely have not looked fucking no devs

You are retarded, Godot doesn't have a single line of code about Enjin and the upcoming module won't be part of the core engine, it's a separate module you install.

Well, your gut is fucking retarded then.

Sunk cost fallacy, that guy has probably spent a few hundred on Unity and Unity assets. He can't accept that a truly free engine is truly free. He's trying to come up with any excuse to slander it.

>implying they aren't directly inject the miner into the official executable

there is no good engine

challengeq3

V8

You do have little neat animations in your game right

thanks doc

Unreal engine takes % based of your company's WHOLE revenue not the UE4 game's sales revenue.

So let's say you are getting billions of money out of your pop's landscaping business and then you decide to expand to videogames and make -213 bucks out of it, Epic will still be wanting a share out of those billions that are not related to UE4 at all.

Just a thought.

>.png

Nice no animation

alright that settles it, #imwithgodot now

That's not true though

which other engines do this?
only opensource right?
If I buy an engine, whatever I make with it is 100% owned by me right?
would be kinda stupid if it wasnt. Hell windows could charge you for using their Os to make something

Unity has existed since 2005 (13 years ago) and has millions of successful games generating billions of dollar in revenue.

Godot has existed since 2007 (11 years ago) and has zero successful games generating zero dollars in revenue.

Pretty obvious choice mate.

Present thy case user.

Ghosts being invincible were getting annoying, so I made ghost busting urns.
Busting feels pretty good plus now there's even more of a reason to sneak around scouting for urns before starting combat.

>retarded
are you samefagging?
if not then it's cute how you think this isn't a possibility like at all.

>billions of money out of your pop's landscaping business
Not only are you wrong, but what kind of a nonsensical scenario is that anyway?

>his dad doesnt own a billiondollar landscaping business
go away fag

Do you really think Unreal is taking 5% from every single thing Nintendo sells just because they've made a game with Unreal?

b-but..
>muh 20mb size
>muh MIT license
>muh 3.0 is a game changer

UE4 royalties aren't even grouped on your UE4 games, let alone other business activities.

Implemented proper friction as well as different acceleration and friction when in the air, added a finite state machine to the character controller and added varying jump height based on holding the button today.
Fuck if I keep progress up like that I'll need actual models soon.

But when it comes to this thread, both have 100% nodevs working with both.

Is this godot?

thoughts on LÖVE?

any terrain tileset tutorial out there? my progress is on halt because I don't have any terrain tiles to put on my map editor. preferably no pixelshit tutorial, though.

> tfw want to make a mobile game and earn some comfy minimum wage dosh on the side
> read about mobile marketing
> realize it's basically impossible to do anything there and there's a 100x better chance of just making a small PC game than mobile and have it be "successful"
How true is this article?
archive.is/k0d0e

what is there to learn? you draw things and cut it into tiles that fit next to each other, there isnt much else about it honestly. or do you mean map making tutorials?

yep

Burden of proof is on you m8, and all the evidence goes against your fantasy.

>open source and all commits are public, so any "miner" would be easily found instantly
>they already said the enjin thing will be a module
>you can't even mine enjin

Stop being retarded for once.

I don't LOVE it

Looks great mate!

> Godot
2 minutes in Unreal

Your chances of making anything successful are almost nill if you're the type who writes or reads articles about how everything is impossible so you might as well give up.

Just like make game

Thots are fun but missionary sex with a girl you love is much better.

its all so tiring

Your chances on PC are slightly higher than nil but it still a crapshoot. You either achieve meme status and get millions or barely make 100 bux you gave for steam direct back, there's no humble passive income middle ground.

are you pretending to be retarded ?

"How much do I have to pay for Unreal Engine 4?
UE4 is free to use, with a 5% royalty on gross product revenue after the first $3,000 per game per calendar quarter from commercial products. Read the EULA FAQ for more details. Contact us if you require custom terms."

sauce : unrealengine.com/en-US/faq

>PER GAME NOT OVER ALL BUSINESS

Follow a "make a 3d game in godot 3" tutorial and try believing that.

Compile it yourself, compare differences to the official binary with a hex editor, and show me where the huge subroutine is that mines enjin.

quake movement or bust

I mean like what tools should I use. I tried to use krita but it is total shit (pic related), then how to remove/hide repeating effects.

>there's no humble passive income middle ground.
This is such a stupid attitude I don't know how it seemingly became so prevalent

fucked up

But it's gonna be a platformer.

It's a big country,
And there's plenty of grass that needs cutting.
Build an empire, create a landscaping megacorp that will shape... The Earth.

"Lawn mower Tycoon: Deluxe"

PERFECT

the people who have this attitude are people who have already given up trying and are trying to justify themselves

NEAT

>lost 3 followers over night

fuck everything

youtube.com/watch?v=0tdyU_gW6WE

You underestimate how many cornflower blue tutorial entry games get released each day on both markets. If you have 99% of games that are basically Unity cubes moving left and right and then 1% of game being a tossup between absolute horrible, mediocore and the actually good, the math would also show that the chances are close to nil. Thing is, if you actually make an interesting game and you don't pull it out of your ass on the last day with zero advertisement, zero posting on social media and zero shilling, you will make it. Millions? Probably not, but comfortable.

Are there any large repository of free game art (3d) that looks better than what any retard could make themselves given 10 minutes in blender and a youtube tutorial?

nice. so far the only unnecessary animation i have is the idle one.

Sketchfab

Why would there be?
People can just make money instead.

That's terrible spin user.
At least make it somewhat similar to the wrench spin in Iconoclasts. Dont fill whole circle.

nothin wrong with a turnbased platformer

Fuck off we need more turn based games. I love being comfy and idly playing them during the day, there's nothing better.

i can't find that animation, do you mean just blurring the sword in an arc?

Programmers give out free high-quality code in the form of entire optimized engines with visual scripting languages so non-programmers can use them(godot). Don't artfags enjoy making art enough to occasionally make art for the sake of art?
Thanks. A lot of stuff on sketchfab is either pay money or something a 3 year old made in maya though.

is that a dude or a girl ? and not a single fuck was given while this gender fluid was rotating that thing in the speed of light.

>A lot of stuff on sketchfab is either pay money or something a 3 year old made in maya though.
That's true of any place people can upload stuff, just find the good stuff.

Don't be lazy in your laziness.

j-just wait a few more years user

never mind, got it. two frames with several blurred swords around the circle, neat. i'll give a try, it'll probably look better than the circle.

it's a girl, but i refuse to give her tiddies.

i'm redoing the game in 64x64 instead of 32x32 so i'm still experimenting with animation techniques.

>First two hours of day, learning and implementing an XML reader that didn't work
>XML would have had to parse every value, split and parse arrays, etc.
>Less than an hour with JSON, simple read, can serialize/deserialize later, no typecasting required
Why is XML even an option?

>Don't artfags enjoy making art enough to occasionally make art for the sake of art?
Artists used to do that and as a result they just got fucked over.
Much like those programmers now.

>when you have to use Dillo to read the UE 4 documentation because having Unreal Editor, VS2017 and a modern browser all open at the same time in "just" 8,589,934,592 bytes of RAM leads to them crashing
the absolute state of software

xml is basically like flash
its slowly but surely dying

I'll wait user. Keep working on your game, i'm sure it will be great and i'll love playing it when it's released!

just use regex

tfw too exhausted to get anything done

>shitposts
>reddit spacing
No wonder

>trying to be a developer of anything with only 8GB of ram
bruh, just baking a level can use 8GB

>meme arrows

>get followers far more frequently on twitter than tumblr
>my twitter number never actually goes up because they're all bitches just looking for re-follows

>Ghosts being invincible were getting annoying
holy shit i knew i was dying for no reason