rpgmg-games.wikia.com/wiki//rpgmg/_Games_Wikia
>Art Resources & DLC Pastebin
pastebin.com/2bJ8wBsz
>[MV] Plugin Releases
mvplugins.com/
yanfly.moe/
>[VX/Ace] Master Script List
rmvxace.wikia.com/wiki/RPG_Maker_VX_Ace_Master_Script_List

>/rpgmg/ 2017 Collab Project | Completed!
mediafire.com/file/cpugiehl3h3h4cu/Collab 2017 Complete.zip

>/rpgmg/ Podcast returning soon
youtube.com/watch?v=cV5qDnhO1D8&list=PLyrIVUR5VXKC9XxmtqJh0u0Wcdvu8VQ6A

>Games recently released by /rpgmg/ anons
SpaceSave
sadpinkstar.itch.io/spacesave
Ender Story: Chapter 1
store.steampowered.com/app/760300/Ender_Story_Chapter_1/
Copierre
store.steampowered.com/app/776780/Copierre/

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/folder/z69y7undwpp9s/Tempus_Ex_Machina
youtube.com/watch?v=Uz9kKYsSjCA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

scale garden games are one of my favorite RPG Maker games, not only because of the fetishes it's satisfying but the 1 person fight system its using is pretty cool.

Javascript. You ask questions, we struggle to answer simple questions. Get feedback on scripts, get told to rewrite everything in Typescript and set up webpack to transpile everything into one minified js file.

Sell me on your main characters. For mine, I took a standard RPG, removed the whole "Dark Lord taking over the world" plot and made a former criminal the MC.

She's a cute high school girl doing cute things

They're two allies, one a stupid optimist who is secretly extremely sadistic, and the other a pessimist who is the only person keeping whatever group they have at the time grounded.

How about javascripting a fighting system like in games?

Provided it's not proprietary, of course

Looks pretty comfy

Anyone have katakura hibikis monsters vol2 or rpg maker fes pack?

The stuff in those packs look pretty great.

I want to apologize to Tempus user. Your game is probably going to be fine. I'm here to shit on you faggots and get you motivated, though.

Meh, it's fine. Thanks for the apology though. I don't let 'negative' things affect me all that much if at all really. I do get a little rustled at first but I move on within a minute or two. (Though I can't help some snappy remarks to bite back now and then which I'm trying to not do as much.)

But on another note, IMO 'shitting on others' isn't really a motivator - at least for me, at least not as much as say, actually responding with your thoughts when a question is asked like "which thing is better or which would you choose and why?" instead of being "your art sucks, your game sucks, ect" and not at least saying why or how a person can improve. Even if it is trolling. But like I said, I can deal with the negatives, and if someone wants to actively 'shit on me' then I just ignore it in the end.

Though if anyone wants to just vent at me and rage to get it out of their systems then by all means go ahead, I don't mind.

In other news, Tempus Ex Machina v1.2.1 has been uploaded. I found a few more bugs that should be fixed and it should be all good now.

mediafire.com/folder/z69y7undwpp9s/Tempus_Ex_Machina

I hope you realize I'm just doing hard love. I'm going to shit on that robot user when he posts again.

I named very specific problems with your aesthetic. You're using a sarif font, to begin with. Use a sans-serif. It's just more aesthetic.

The font was one of the first things I looked at before actually starting to make the game, I spent a few hours looking around. Sans-Serif fonts just look too blocky and not the kind of style I'm going for which is more 'old timey', but I'll look into it a bit further to see if I find another good one. The current one does get a bit blurry at times.

Serif fonts look tryhard Final Fantasy to me. I might be wrong, but that's it.

Just downloaded FES on my 3ds. Gonna pooy around and make a simple game for my kids. But I can't figure out how to make interior maps. I'm on the map menu, made it an "interior" map... But it still only shows the prenade buildings and trees and signs and stuff?

>make a simple game for my kids
Are you asking me to meme on you? Fine, what kinds of games does your wife's kids enjoy?

Did you read my post, or did you just see "my kids" and decide for try to make some /b/ level humor?

It's not about what kind of game I'm making. I can't figure out how to make building interiors. Like a fucking house or a store or anything. I come here for help, not shitposting. Please don't disappoint.

Literally what, faggot?

Jesus Christ, you're retarded, aren't you?

No, I'm just not owned by jews. What are you implying?

That you're gay. And also a nigger. And obviously don't k ow what you're talking about.

Well I'm not gay. So go on, faggot. I'm listening.

I can smell the dick on your breath all the way from this side of the internet, homo

Why has there been so much dissension in the last few threads?

somewhat projecting, but i think all the progress posters have finished with their projects and/or have moved onto other communities. all that's left?
>salty nodevs, posting like the edgy children they are
>complete beginners, begging for pirated materials, then vanishing within days
>bump posters, be it literal 'bumps' or "tell me about your mc's music fetishes"
seems like the only time i'm giddy when reading these threads is when someone asks a scripting or advanced eventing question. maybe design questions, too.

bump

There's no such thing as a /rpgmg/ poster. They're all faggots that suck dick.

still working on my game, but i'm at the polish stage so progress shots aren't really something i'm thinking about

Tell me about your MC's secret fetish.

Ok so after looking around for almost 3 hours I found a nice sans-serif font. Look better now?

You're seriously asking me? I'm a total loser dude. Great job I guess.It looks better, good choice.

Well you were the one who didn't like the previous font right? Besides I actually like this font a lot better than the last one.

Haven't noticed much of a change, beyond the attention seeking kid who popped up last thread. But then I've only been here off and on the past few years.

guys, isn't that still a serif font?

Nope. It was classified as a sans-serif font on the site I was looking through. Idk though they could have lied. I still like this one more regardless.

How do I make actions per turn be something determined by Agility? For example a battler with 1 Agility will have 1 action per turn, a battler with 2 Agility will have 2 actions per turn, and a battler with .5 Agility will have an action every other turn.

post em

Don't die on me now.
Even I don't know how this is gonna turn out.

Is Hotel Dusk good? Should I emulate it?

Hell yes it is. It does take a bit to get used to, and you'll need a guide for some parts, but I've enjoyed it so far. Highly recommend using a flashcart instead of emulating, you are supposed to position the DS like a book while playing ala Love Plus

>seems like the only time i'm giddy when reading these threads is when someone asks a scripting or advanced eventing question. maybe design questions, too.
Sounds like you need to start holding classes or some kind of gatherings where you're at

Hotel Dusk is really great. I'm not sure how well it emulates, nor if it detracts from the experience, but it's worth a shot.

It's one or two retards that think shitposting is a better way to keep the thread alive than bumpposting.

bump

good night bump.

bump

Why isn't your main character a cute girl?

She is, though. But mid 20's is ancient by JRPG standards.

It looks way more readable, good choice.

Pretty sure many emulators have the possibility to position the virtual DS like a book.
Some even have the possibility of simulating closing the DS - I remember needing that for some weird Daffy Duck game I played in middle school.

How can you make a classic cursed item (as in, you can't take it off until a condition is met)?

>Female protagonist
I'll pass, thanks

dont worry im still trying to establish why they would send a 16 year old and a mid 20's mentor on a suicide mission.

Either they are the only ones who can do it or they are so unimportant that nobody will miss them.

Why is Veeky Forums so stupid? Don't know what rpgs are. Don't know what a quest is. What makes a protagonist. Serifs. Shota/loli.

Like people will call something ntr because a character is married. But you never see the spouse and the social issues are never brought up.

Do you like a game with lots of party members that you can change around or one with a static crew of max 4 people?
I'm thinking about having 2 static members and 1 guest member for different areas of the game

gwarsh, that sounds terrific, ahyuk

i am aware that this is how Kingdom Hearts works

The more party members to me the better as long as you can manage to make them feel unique in gameplay, and allocate an equal share of development and spotlight time in the story. If you can juggle 12 characters and do this then perfect (my point being, even most professional RPGs can NOT). If your max is 4 (and your game is on the shorter side), then by all means don't have a rotating cast.

So basically throw in as many characters as you think you can manage.

for an actual response, i hated that they were temporary party members, restricted to an old area.
jack skellington is my nigga, so why am i stuck using this pussy pan?
i just want aladdin to be cuttin up people, too. i don't want to use this subhuman beast.

I wanna work on my game but I don't really want to at the same time.
Tell me all your tips and tricks to get motivated enough to gamedev.

This isn't even an attempt at bumping,
I seriously want to find a way to force myself to work on my game.

i know the feeling and right now im really trying to motivate myself too.
The main problem for me is that i dont have the final assets obviously and working with temp assets is really not too interesting but you need to get past that.
Another of my problems is that i dont have a clear roadmap of where the dev should go, so i think a clear plan is what could keep you motivated.

>1. make a list of small, doable tasks/goals, completable in ~an hour
>2. choose a task to work on, and a time to start working on it.
>3. when the time to work on it comes, pop on some work bgm, and just do it rofl
>4. finished? choose another task and just do it rofl
i personally redownloaded this for my working bgm :)
youtube.com/watch?v=Uz9kKYsSjCA
i'm talking out my ass atm, though. i haven't been productive for like a week now

because i'm gay

because she's "sexy" rather than "cute"

I hate listening to youtubers act like they're experts on game design. They're so impressed by nothing. "Oh, I really like this particle effect. Such attention to detail."
And they'll say stuff like, "this makes me think of Link to the Past, or maybe Final Fantasy Tactics." Why? Because it starts off dark and raining?
And then they complain about stuff like the lack of mouse controls and random encounters is just "bad" in [current year]

I think she's cute desu. She's not the only mc tho, being the female choice and all

they can become one after 100% completion

Being relatively new, most people haven't been exposed to video game analysis. So it's easy to think you're doing it well, when you're not actually doing it at all.

did some gamedev today, added a few scripts, sorted some materials and added credits in case i ever releae. not much but more than i did for weeks, i need to get back into the workflow

Do one thing. Let momentum guide you

>"Let's try and make a map"
>"While we're let's maybe make some events"
>"Maybe we'll make the next map
>"Oh, crap, I need NPCs"

This.

Can't you people read? He asked for motivation not direction.
"Taking one step at a time" isn't a reason to do anything!

God I hate this general sometimes.

I don't know anything about him. How do I motivate some random dude? Courage Wolf? That's so 2010

It helps to know what you're talking about, yes.

To expand on this since it was late when I posted, I want to create a system where the battler with the highest Agility at the moment will take an action. After they take the action, their agility is reduced by 1 and the battler with the new highest Agility will then take an action, and this battler can be the same battler that took a previous action if their Agility allows.

For example in a battle between a battler with 3 Agility and a battler with 1 Agility, the 3 Agility battler perform an action first, have their Agility reduced to 2, perform another action, and then have their Agility reduced to 1.

A round ends when every battler has less than 1 Agility, at which point statuses like Poison will take effect and then all battlers gain their Agility. What this means is that after a battler with 3 Agility takes 3 actions in a round, at the end of the round they regain 3 Agility so they can take 3 actions in the next round. A battler with 0.5 Agility will not act in the current round because they have less than 1 Agility, but at the end of the round they will gain 0.5 Agility, bringing them to a total of 1 Agility so they can act during the next round.

So... what fonts are good to use with MV?

Always Futura.

I'm using ROTORcap.
This is ROTOcap Bold. I want the menu displays to use Regular, but a.t.m. I can only change everything.

>chibi

I want to make my MC one, because I fucking love drawing cute girls, but I also want a standard XNFP male protag because despite being a girl myself, I always fantasized about being one when I was 15/16, and those years are very fond memories.

There's this hilarious trend with Japanese h-games right now where the title is a very literal description of the game.
"You find a smartphone that can change anything"
"We Are Confined in School by a Criminal Group for One Whole Traumatic Month"
"Whole Record of You Finally Receiving Sumo Club Senpais' Hot Semen"
"Three Years of Family Life Where My Little Sister Takes My Semen"
"If You Joined The Rugby Club..."
"If you had to stay at a labor camp, except..."
"Cuckoldry Festival ~Former Pro Wrestler Mother Trifled by the Huge D*ck of her Son's Friend~"

And my personal favorite "I'm a man! I got pregnant in the urethrae!" which is an m-preg game in which the world's birthrate is declining so they resort to docking or some shit, idk, I'm not actually playing these games.

here you go. realistic proportions.

>XNFP
What does that mean?

Bump; still need help with this.

I have a lot to say, so let me just get started with the first three characters. This is basically everything I have about the game as well.

Eris - A thief who lives in an undead swamp, the only living person to do so. She is, to her knowledge the last living witch in the world, but sets out on a quest to find her family after a voice in a prophetic dream tells her to.

Due to living on her own for her entire life, she's very practically minded and determined. Secretly, however, she wishes for a place in which she belongs, in which she doesn't need to be on guard all the time.

Minnie - A self taught mechanic who scavenges the wasteland for parts to build various gadgets. She was abandoned by her parents and, like Eris had to look out for herself for many years. Unlike Eris, Minnie faced much more competition, as the wastelands had a lot of people living in it with little resources.

She is generally quite timid, but is very proud of her inventions. Any sort of criticism or thought about it in general will get her riled up. She's been without her right arm for as long as she can remember, but has a robotic substitute in its place, which has different modules she can equip.

Youchi - A rock elemental boy from a warrior tribe who is a few years younger to Eris and Minnie. He's the runt of the litter of his tribe and is often the target of ridicule by his tribe. In a fit of teenage rebellion, he decides to leave the tribe in order to help Eris find her family, after they get to know each other.

Youchi has a great deal of issues regarding his temper, he is very quick to anger and can hold grudges for a long time. Despite this, he's also very protective of those dear to him, and even though he doesn't like the tribe members around his age, he still thinks of the tribe as his family and that he needs to protect them when the going gets rough.

Use the PS1 version

If the new versions seriously don't have that as a native option, it would require a lot of work regarding the nature of Equipped items, as making a new Unequippable state would have to be built from the ground up. The easiest way might be to check if that item's equipped and disable Equipping for that character

Unless disabling equipment slots isn't a thing you can do, either, and the PS1 version wins again

I don't have the energy to do a picture, so I'm just gonna type it.

>Setting similar to
Mother 3 and Adventure Time. Cartoony, post-apocalyptic Urban Fantasy.

>Artstyle similar to
Character design has drawn a lot of inspiration from Moomin, but the general graphic profile of the game is more Persona. I know that it's an extremely strange mix, but it'll work. It'll have to work.

>Gameplay similar to
It's an RPG Maker game, so take a guess
I'm borrowing some concepts from a lot of different places however, like combat similar to Persona with multiple turns, and maybe some (optional but helpful) timing mechanics like Mother 3.

>MC similar to
A lot of the core concepts about the MC is based on Eiko Carol from Final Fantasy IX, except my MC is older, more mature, and has a more "determinator" type personality.

It's an MBTI type. Most basic "I fight for my friends" protagonists, be it from games, anime, whatever, fit into the INFP or ENFP type. I'm kind of a sucker for them, despite being an INFP myself.

You can give a cursed item the property to lock an equipment slot.

You'd think, if skills and items can call common events when used.
Then Equipment could trigger a common events "when equipped"

So am I! Lets make a suicide pact.

bump

So the reason we have shit resources is because degica doesn't put out any kind of hiring call. They just covertly accept store submissions. Which means we'll never have resources made by trained professionals. Just desperate college freshmen and delusional staff members.

bumpa

I could name a number of professionals within the community. But degica, or their staff, burned bridges with most of them the first year rmweb opened. Laying down all these unnecessary rules of conduct. Some ignorant and heavy handed moderation toward big name artists from older forums, treating them like nobodies like they need to "prove" themselves first.
And they don't allow advertising. It was sell from their online store or gtfo.

Had the staff been more tactful and welcoming their first year, I'm sure artists would have moved their content to their store eventually and it would have been a more abundant place.
Then again, the staff doesn't even try to market the stuff in their own store besides the obligatory "There's a new thing. Wow. So resourceful" announcement.

I'm amazed that rmweb is allowed to be such a blatant shitshow. It's worse than fansite tier.

Sooo how many people here are ACTUALLY working on a game?

me