/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Monster Hunter: Galaxy edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Kiranico has been updated to include World.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/
↳Weapon movesets: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MvRE6WSxQEA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Alpha or Beta?

Is getting material from footprints a high rank thing?

And once again, Switch Axe is the most fun, badass and enjoyable weapon.

How do they do it /mhg/? How is this weapon always so goddamn based?
Switchaxe GODS report in

What is the Sapphire Star ?

handling the handler!

Xth for monster hunter fanlore is queer as blazes with its monster bioweapon wars and the genetically engineered superhuman "hunters."

>eyes are bloodshot red
HELP!

I made a MonHanGen PS Community. Just search for "MonHanGen" in the community function. Request to join if you're part of the squad and we can post screenshots and stuff.

I like the Beta hair better, or at least I would if it didn't look so fucking stiff.

so, is the GL good in MHW? does it still have decent damage in lategame?

>Fighting Urganan
>Beetle faggot shows up
>Charge up a dragon piercer that goes through the entire length of urganan and the width of beetle

So many hit sounds

the pony tail is C U T E

So is Xeno'Jiiva at all related to the sapphire star they keep mentioning or is that just a coincidence

What side-quest equipment is most useful for gs?
I've just been using bandit for the extra drops but it doesn't feel very relevant

Does anyone know if the white carapace item that you need for the zorah hammer upgrade is from Teo? I want to know if I should bother giving him a shot first before clearing out optionals because I want a better hammer

So do you guys think there will be more than one monster added in each dlc pack, for example, Jho is just the "flagship" of the pack? I thought it was implied to be a few monsters and other stuff per pack.

Post Webm.

post 'em

I don't think I am anywhere near endgame but I'm curious, do tempered monsters have their own gear? Kinda like deviants?

Bandit is garbage it only gives you small amounts of money.

I think the sapphire star they talk is the big ass crystal.

Why can I never find Poogie. Where the hell is he. I check all over the trade area.

Gs users, is it really all about shoulder canceling into your last charge to maximize damage?
And can someone care to explain steps taken in this video youtube.com/watch?v=MvRE6WSxQEA

Why does everyone recommend the Kadachi bow?

Best way to level up HR, currently at HR 40.

No other SA will ever be as good and handsome as my little baby Memezar's Autism.

post your face when the next collab is uncharted

*coughs*

what'd you even do to him

Nope.

What the fuck is going on with scoutflies? couple days ago I had Legiana and Vaal Hazak maxed out on level 3.
Now they're both down to level 1, along with most of my other monsters, the only thing on level 2 is Pink Rathian which I didn't even track but did fight today. Do they reset on a weekly basis or do they lose progression as you track different monsters?

Switch Axe is an extremely strong weapon that has very high damage. The only problem is that Sword Mode is pretty low mobility. I just beat the game with it and it is as strong as it has ever been.

It'll be God of War you goof. That's Sony's biggest deal right now.

Oh baby.

>Need HR Kirin parts
>It's a nightmare to solo
>Everybody in MP keeps triple carting
>Say fuck it and build a tzitzi set
>Wide range everybody to victory with nullberries and mega potions
I am now a support character I guess. Why people decide to fight probably the hardest monster in the game unprepared is beyond me.

Stand aside nerds.

Say what? Is this monster hunter 1 shit, or from some spin off? I've only played since fu.

Wyvernsnipe

Has anyone got any tips for Gunlance? All I'm doing right now is shielding and poking and not really getting enough of an opening for some decent damage

Fucking do it

At least in this game there isn't just one SA that is strictly better than all others.

>Bagel, Doggo, and Great Girros all in the same area
Best part of MHW are the monster fights desu.

man I got completely shit on by redditors by saying the SNS is dogshit this game. Am I wrong, should I give it a chance? It just seems like a pointless weapon this game with DB and CB being so strong.

Where the fuck is my commemorative pack? It's just not there to claim.

I haven't been paying attention, wasn't World supposed to be westernized garbage?

Dodogama lusts for the sweet release of death

Am I suppose to have a Wyrmstone or something for Kirin???

It is.

It's alright. I think guard is better than ever in this game since it lets you be aggressive, and having forward dashes helps mobility. Shelling will never be bad, let's you do stuff like fight the Kirin even in rage mode.

I can't wait until Capcom introduces lootboxes and micro transactions into this game. I don't have the time to tediously grind for shit since I have to take care of my wife's son

Fuck that thing there was literally nothing better than it

SnS is absolutely fine as it always has been. Every game people try to shit on it and then 2 months later everybody suddenly loves it because it's a lot better than they expected it to be.

range was gutted and combo to horizontal slash is muddied up

Had red and blue rath going at it in the treetops and then fucking jihad flew in for a royal rumble.
This shit is hilarious

Why do you think Jap players are so bad online?

>9 out of 10 games as at least 1 DB and 1 LS player

>bzael can fly straight into odo's den
fuck off

Kirin is stuck in rope trap! Will you free her?

Greatsword: 1
Longsword: 88
Sword & Shield: 5
Dual Blades: 48
Hammer: 109
Lance: 9
Bow: 1

Does anyone here play as a qt3.14 huntress (male)?

>Monsters tail is still attached
>dual blade and longsword user both decide to run up to the head after it falls, tripping the shit out of me to the point where i can't even land a single attack

being a hammerbro is suffering

Bach SA was strong

Any tips on how to beat Tobi-Kadashi? I've failed the mission 3 times already.

Best bows and SAs, GO

Untrue

This is accurate.

t. SnS Main

Anybody who tells you what weapon class to use is a fucking faggot. Don't let faggots tell you what to do.

>not launching them out of the way

www plebbit com/r/MonsterHunter/comments/2wh1qs/monster_hunter_lore_snippet_on_the_origins_of/

True to reddit fashion, it's exceedingly fruity.

yes, and it's not my favorite of the series by any stretch, but it's still an awesome game that's tons of fun with friends too.

>Combo to horizontal slash is muddied up
Or, you know, literally the same as it's always been. Now it just has more options with its broken ass backhop or the spinning slash.

Part of me wants to see her h stuff

What weapon tho

Smack the tail and don't get smacked

>launch sword and db retards
>why the fuck did i get knocked down
>guy DPd through the entire monster
>it's back up
>i hit it one time when it was down with a hammer

Is there a cap to ele res? I made anjath pants and now I have 31 fire res

LS is the most used weapon in the game

If you find the wyverians on elders recess they sometimes give you usage statistics. Longsword is #1 and lance is #13. Don't know about the rest because he only tells you what rank your equipped weapon is.

About Diablos in MHWorld - I have played the series since almost beginning and especially in 3u/4u I didn't have any issues with Diablos.
In MHWorld however, the character sometimes moves in very sluggish way and the controls are sometimes 'lost'- sometimes you don't block, sometimes you don't reload even when pressing the buttons correctly.
This combined with the fact that it seems it is no longer possible to hide underneath Diablos' legs. And also that when it jumps underneath the ground, sometimes it attacks two times (horn bash, then pushing towards you instantly) in row but you have only 1 window to react - meaning one of his attacks will always hit you.
I don't like this. Especially the missing movements are fucking annoying. I'm using Gunlance at the moment and sometimes you end up shooting upwards and reloading instead of doing the combo attack...
Post your opinions on the matter.

This is probably my favorite iteration of SA by far

I have a problem right now

Get some thunder resistan gear and a water weapon.

SA: 293
Dual Blades: 1

>
kirin is a disgusting horsefaced 3dpd

I found that he's easier once he leaves the tree nest.

MHX SA was pretty fucking balls too, you never even had to leave sword at all with the arts.

I know that the zero sum (mounting) ED isn't optimal in this game but I don't even care, I'll do that shit to every monster multiple times, it's just too much fun.

Is Alpha and Beta just different aesthetics? There doesn't seem to be any difference in stats.

Radoboi is so fun to bully.

different skills

Has there been any word on if they're going to add a transmog system?

In a game like this, not having one is completely unacceptable. I don't care if you have to have mats for both the piece you want to wear and the piece you want it to look like, just don't make me wear all this fucking hideous armor so I'll have the skills I need.

>trying to play MH 3rd HD on my phone
Fucking hell should've brought my 3ds or vita with me,touch controls are unbearable
The game does look incredible and I wonder how it performs on vita with adrenaline

Jumping after the backhop attack is a nerf and opening combos with the upward slash is fucking yucko now that they made it laggy

what is happening in this image

How does Blast work on SA?
Is it worthwhile?

Can anyone fellow SnS player give tips on what end game sets and weapon to go for?

>fighting xeno for the first time, solo as blademaster
>30min in, after exhausting my resources, cart for the first time
>change weapon to bow
>pic related is literally my first bow shot
What a fucking stupid fight

Switch Axe is so good that they made an entire game about it.

it is
Tempered should be regular High Rank, High Rank should be Low Rank and Low Rank shouldn't exist

do you think nergi was supposed to present the player characters and handlers hunger for exploring the new world or even player mentality?

>I wonder if nergigante went to elders recess to feast on xenojiva because he missed out on zorah magdaros. I wish I could ask him. Is that weird?
-the handler

>kill nergigante
>the elders can now be in peace
>make a weapon out of him that is immensely powerful against elder dragons
>kill elder dragons

really makes u think

also handler likes to eat a lot

He's such a big fucking goober. I love the guy.