Escape from Tarkov - /eftg/

Quickstart Guide, resource ref sheet and FAQ:
pastebin.com/KhTaGq4E (embed) (embed)

Maps with Extraction Points:
gamemaps.co.uk/game/tarkov

List of Trade-In Loot:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1S0driY-17iz7Ihg3QQrIQnVDn_k3huCzxtzrGKCjnRA/edit#gid=0

List of Quest Item Loot:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t85qw8eSbu-o3mkNTm7SVtwrQVOOkQuN6y2aldqEj64/edit#gid=0

>Discords
"""""OFFICIAL"""" EFT discord for beta news:
discord.gg/8KsHTGF
/eftg/ official US based discord:
discord.gg/BEEk538

>Latest major patch noes
forum.escapefromtarkov.com/topic/58320-patch-071910/

>Ammunition info (questionable validity - wiki appears to me to be the most accurate)
escapefromtarkov.gamepedia.com/Ammunition
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HVNodTxYYzr1EtAasUqkdS89nTpD55tsnpTrEwfKFBI/htmlview?sle=true#
tarkovballistics.blogspot.de/

>Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

tarkov.directory/
youtube.com/watch?v=X8fGL8xsoAs
youtube.com/watch?v=L_XQtz3hdzo
forum.escapefromtarkov.com/topic/23442-the-interview-with-the-head-of-bsg-nikita-buyanov/
forum.escapefromtarkov.com/topic/50492-new-interchange-screenshots/
latimes.com/world/africa/la-fg-russia-africans-20141102-story.html
youtube.com/watch?v=J7R5bEvjOwM
my.mixtape.moe/zabipw.mp4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for this gaem raycis for no black scavs.

Just found a new elevated position to go full predator mode on factory. Being the stalker in the shadows with my sks. Took out some kiver and pac fag who was camping scav with a suppressed m4. He did not even see it coming when I quad tapped his ass.

Suggesting this gets added to the map pasta list.
tarkov.directory/

The rafters are bretty gud. Experienced players tend to check them, so make sure to keep an eye out up there since you've got no cover.

Oh that's pretty neat. I'll try to remember to add it in alongside the other next thread.

It's also extremely risky, very high chance of getting your legs blown out by a scav up there

Anyone have some sort of dark ambient playlist they like to listen to while playing? I used to have one set up for Stalker, but I lost it a while back and can't remember what all was in it.

Its not the rafters but its not on the ground either and has some cover. knowing the world of tarkov, Ill probably get poped next time I go up their.

First time I got an actual good run as a Scav

The funny thing is that I went in just to look for a Kiver to do the quest and left with 3. Hilarious

Have they changed the way scavs react? It's getting harder to tell if one is AI or a player, they used to just aimbot you the second they hear the shots but now they'll run for cover and try to serpentine and shit.

I've never seen a Scav try to serpentine. I've seen them run for cover and prone a lot though.
I think if they do run serpentine, they're probably a player.

Do you think they'd ever add customisable character options
Im sick of my PMC looking like a middle aged piece of clay

That's beautiful. Nice run.

Some of the softer Pendulum songs make for some good listening.
Melancholy but also kinda intense

Noice, me too.

This is the only playlist to listen to whilst using ZTK muzzle brakes only instead of suppressors, unless of course you play as a virgin USUC.
pic related was during a shoreline raid with theme music playing. The best will be being able to play it out of proximity voice so people can hear you coming from 2 stories up in the spa. It will truly makes this game GOAT.

youtube.com/watch?v=X8fGL8xsoAs

Why do you need so many hats, you ultra-Slav?

>tfw managed to buy 8 wallets

It is not as retarded as it seems, the balaclava + blue hat was for friendly indicators when grouping with my brother. Stocked up since they were limited time during NYE/xmas. Plus goy edition so it aint no thang for stash space.

>player and key spawns
Nice

>tfw you kill some geared looking people and feel good
>find out they're just skav players and get deflated

Feel like im running into more player skavs than pmcs in the past couple of days.

>Reminder that the game still doesn't have a way to distinguish your teammates
>2018

youtube.com/watch?v=L_XQtz3hdzo
fortniggers will defend this

A geared scav is just as deadly as a geared PMC providing they are both players of course.

Shit dude, I used to listen to so much Pendulum and Celldweller when I played Combat Arms ages and ages ago (before it was complete shit).

My nigga. BEAR master race. Not really what I was going for music wise, but that's gonna end up being my new jam for Factory.

That's ridiculous. I need to watch these movies.

>tfw not able to jump out windows to escape fortniggers

Celldweller is awesome shit too.
I dont listen to it as much as i used to because i know its kinda "edgelord taste" but its still a guilty pleasure

Me either in real life, but in tarkov RPing as BEAR for maximum slav it seemed fitting and is pretty enjoyable if you arent getting stomped on, makes things lighter and less serious if you have no gearfear. Plus in factory if you are playing rambo mode you don't really need to hear footsteps.

>this kills the M4 pleb

Is it just me or is this game no fun?
>Spawn and get killed by someone camping the spawn upon raid start
>Spawn and get killed by a faggot with a fast fort who is running and gunning
>Spawn and get killed because you happen to spawn right next to a group
>Spawn, actually survive until you meet a dolphin diving bot who is too accurate
This game needs a gear wipe soon

I upgraded to EOD edition, but didn't realize I would have to reset to get the benefits... I'm currently lvl 24 with lvl 3 traders. Is it worth?

Nah just wait for the wipe in 1-2 weeks (read: 3) and it'll kick in then.

Yes it is planned.
forum.escapefromtarkov.com/topic/23442-the-interview-with-the-head-of-bsg-nikita-buyanov/

Equipment and appearance

Soon-to-be-added 2 chest rigs with new configuration - 2 compartments for magazines of up to 45 rounds (3 cells).
There will be equipment customization: you can change the pouches, move them using Molle strap system, armor plates can and must be changed, because it will be them that shall deteriorate, not the vest itself The idea of body armor protection in a backpack is interesting and not difficult to implement, it may get done. Armor plates can also be fit into the chest rigs that have this option.
Dependency of the speed of reach on the location of the pouches is doubtful, because, again, it’s hard to implement.
Character faces can be selected.
Camouflage cloaks are likely to be set into a chest rig or a hat slot.
Clothing is divided into two sections - top and bottom. There will the merchant dealing in clothes, but it will have purely visual difference. It would be great to make a full customization (gloves, boots, jackets, pants, hoodies, coats, etc.), but yet again, this is very difficult, technically.
There is also an issue with the facial hair, which is now in the works. Beard, hair, etc. - everything is coming. Scavs will generally have some really savage looks.

>standard edition
>dislike running fort, adds unnecessary stress
>not high enough level to even buy replacement kivers to go with it
>sitting on 3 forts wasting space

were getting a wipe in 1-2 weeks. Might as well get some game time in with the fort.

There's no point in not going in with fort. Kiver makes a difference, but it's not like fort is useless without it.

>About to spawn in
>Some retard is prefiring my spawn
>Hear bullets whizzing at me
>Load in and run away with only a damaged leg
>Move to the other side
>More prefire
>Ok play it slow
>Walk into a fortfag with op helmet 5 feet ahead of me
>Start unloading into him a full second before he does, aiming right at the neck area
>Mange to unload 8 rounds into him before he kills me
>Only do 8 damage
What the fuck even is this game? Where is the skill in this game where you just die to old people with slow reflexes checking their phones while playing and still win the engagement because they had fort armor. And this was with PRS ammo and using PACA and kiver. I don't know a single fps game where 8 shots to the neck doesn't kill someone. Even fortnite has better damage realism. Oh yeah, that's because EFT is a cheap korean pay2win MMORPG.

Another wipe?...ffs
Oh great more end game stuff to widen the discrepancy between new players and grindfags.

>being poor and playing without SSD
>not gitting gud and taking gear from "grindfags"
>participating in closed alpha testing and complaining about content being added a long with even playing field to delete the discrepancy between new players and grindfags

Wipe hasn't been officially confirmed yet, but people are assuming there's one coming with the addition of Interchange in the next week or two since there's been a wipe with most major content patches thus far.

>being poor and playing without SSD
SSD?
>not gitting gud and taking gear from "grindfags"
First you have to survive to find a dead unlooted grindfag or somehow kill him. Then you have to loot him without dying. Then you have to get out without dying. This will happen maybe once every 10 raids. Using that gear isn't going to be a frequent occurrence. Back to pistols it is.
>participating in closed alpha testing and complaining about content being added a long with even playing field to delete the discrepancy between new players and grindfags
I'm pretty happy with the content being added. It's just every patch there is a major issue. Before it was god like scavs that was patched pretty quickly. Now it's everyone running around in broken end tier loot only after 2 months. Most of the players I come across are poor hatchlings or max loot tryhards. There isn't any middle or early ground.
Oh Interchange in a few weeks? Impressive

>Oh Interchange in a few weeks? Impressive
Yup. Screenshots here:
forum.escapefromtarkov.com/topic/50492-new-interchange-screenshots/
I'm pretty excited, but I'm hoping we get decent FPS on it.

>SSD?
Single Shot Dildo

How many black people are in Russia anyway?

not bullshit

How many Russian people are in Africa anyway?

Let me check.

>How many black people are in Russia anyway?
Too many.
>Some Africans say that after arriving here, they heard the Russian word "obezyana" directed at them so often that they initially thought it meant "black person." It means "monkey."

latimes.com/world/africa/la-fg-russia-africans-20141102-story.html

Aw.

>open door
>peek
>see someone with back turned to me
>open fire
>spray him down for at least 4 seconds straight
>he's just slowly walking away from me
>somehow he returns fire and kills me while staring out a window

this game has a worse fucking netcode than magicka when it first released

>Only do 8 damage
Just so you know, when armor blocks a rounds, the player only receives one damage. The armor is taking all the damage. You have to drain there armor to zero hp before you actually start hitting them.
Unfortunately, the game currently doesn't tell you armor damage in the post raid.

What should I set my zeroing to? Right now in buildings I set it to 50 and 100 in big maps like Woods.

How do you even sight weapons? I've never even tried...

While ADS page up and page down.

Top kek so I didn't even zero out his armor let alone hurt him. What a joke.

So after I finish the Skier mission where I need the Unknown key for the mission item. I don't need that key anymore right?

You're bad.

Explain how shooting a guy 8 times in the neck is "bad"?

That sounds awesome

Playing in a squad will greatly increase your surviability
>no middle ground
Play Scav
Extract loot
Sell it and buy affordable replacable gear

>latimes.com/world/africa/la-fg-russia-africans-20141102-story.html
>moving to a foreign country
>not knowing the native language
>bawww its so unfair that life is hard now

parasites

youtube.com/watch?v=J7R5bEvjOwM

Here's a vid showing how many 5.56 fmj rounds it takes to penetrate IV plate + soft armor. The 12th round went through. This is pretty close to the power level its set in Tarkov.
(reminder that the fort description is innacurate, its actually IV armor not 6 or III-A)

Im still in the camp that thinks its OP even if it is realistic. Right now its like facing a tank with the only expensive anti-tank solution being locked at maxed peacekeeper.

I don't think it's the fort that's OP, I think it just seems that way because there's no middle ground between the armor types yet.

Essentially right now we only have the heavy military armor and a glorified VIP undershirt vest.

The level 6 and the level IIIA, III, and IV come from two different sets of standards, but yeah level IV looks to be about on par with the GOST 6 or 6a armor, so what you're saying is probably still right. Just wanted to point that out though.

Well yea i mean its OP in the context of the gameplay right now. And they can say its a beta but ultimately people are buying and playing the game, and often getting a bad impression when they come across fortfags who seem immune to gunfire.

If there was a real world scenario where Russian armored spec ops were constantly running into western armored spec ops, the lack of sufficient firepower would not be acceptable.
It would take one bad mission for them to request better weapons or better ammo at substantial numbers.

I feel like Battlestate has been too strict focusing on whats on the market right now without taking into account the unique scenario they've created and how it would change the armament.
And imo they have to even the playing field sooner rather than later. Either introduce more options to counter fort or make it much harder to acquire. (and change skiers quest of course)

i'm in favor of the latter. even paca should be harder to get, this game should be like red orchestra in the fact that you DO NOT want to get shot, ever. as it is, you can take a rifle round to the chest unarmored and survive. that should never be the case, and should never have been the case. weapon damage needs to be increased almost twofold in my opinion, taking a round of anything but the smallest handgun calibers to the chest unarmored should be death or close to it (stomach should have higher chances of survival), and taking any gunfire whatsoever should result in bleeding. this would mean that even if fort was still easy to find, a couple of stray rounds to your legs could spell your doom (as it should, major arteries in the legs being ruptured could lead to a 30 second bleedout irl). it could still affort some defense and protection for room-clearing, but would keep people from being the walking armageddon they currently are in close quarters. it would make everyone more cautious, because you wouldn't be able to sprint out of gunfire like this is fucking pubg.

>mfw people want hair particles
>mfw we go back to 50 fps in factory
>mfw still can't play as a roastie

what the fuck

Sorry some of us with beards, want our operator to have some semblance to our person in real life. I bet you cant even grow a beard.

I have a full beard my guy. I just don't want meme shit slowing down my unity game since I'll be wearing like 5 inches of ceramics on my head face and pubes so hair particles are literally for meme hatchet runs only.

and I dont like memes

Well, I see your point about slowing down the game but fuck you I want a beard. If they could fix the net code and optimize the game, then beards wont slow it down at all.

any optimization will have the freed resources used up for fully modeled vaginas and moving through water or english speaking bears with accents. its all been confirmed.

I thought female PMCs were a "maybe eventually 6 months after release if at all" kinda thing. Were they actually confirmed?

you don't need confirmation. It has to happen or else I'm emailing kotaku. I dont want to look at a guys ass all day. I ain't gay.

>This will happen maybe once every 10 raids
how fucking bad are you?

I hadn't played much Customs since they added the new area, and holy shit this and construction are both scary open now.
my.mixtape.moe/zabipw.mp4

I couldn't read this post

is this post just complaining that you get your shit pushed in by better players. Because thats what better players are supposed to do by definition lel.

the new customs area was a mistake. It's empty and just leaves another hole that you have to check except you do it for no reason since hardly anyone uses it but you still check because you know the one time you don't check is when someone is camping there.

Yeah I'm not a fan so far. I feel like they intended to make the map a little less linear but failed miserably since it's still linear as fuck but now with the sweet new addition of 5x more open area.

>Got into a game as a scav
>Look to my right
>Npc scav with kiver, fort armor and akm (auto)
Fastest factory run ever

Speaking of Skier, why is his very first quest do damn stupid? It's a giant roadblock for a lot of people with just the standard edition. Even if you get lucky and get a Kiver and Fort, I'd much rather keep it than handing it over to Skier for basically less than a meal ticket.

I want to squad but have no friends with the game and I've heard that randos will just kill you and steal your stuff.

Am I doomed to a life of solo slavetry?

its a casual filter

right after you paid but right before you get to enjoy the game

I am fairly new to the game.
Why do you not use the sights?
Isn't sprinting around generally a bad idea since it's like 400x louder than jogging?

Join a discord and team up with some people

>tfw my antlions just came in for my AKGs

cant wait to start killing potential pub squadmates

That's quite the rare sight. Makes me wonder if we'll ever get areas that spawn scavs that are more well-equipped and difficult to fight. That and boss scavs. It'd be cool if, as you got more into the city center, the scavs got smarter, more organized, and better equipped. Although I'm not sure that'd make much sense since they're basically just the bandit faction of Tarkov.

The bullets pretty much go exactly where the muzzle of the weapon is aiming (webm related). Unless your gun is low durability, you're not gonna have any sort of RNG dictating where your rounds go like you do in basically every other FPS. And I'm not sure if you've noticed yet, but when you try to move while ADSing it fucks your aim up super hard. I've gotten in the habit of strafing during head on fights at point blank range, so I don't ADS in those situation, and it actually makes it a lot easier for me to hit shots.

When to sprint and when to not sprint is just something you'll pick up as you play. I generally moved a lot slower when I first started playing, but I sprint a lot more now, especially when there's not much cover or concealment nearby. Though I did have a specific reason for sprinting away after the engagement with the first guy. You gotta play the game assuming that there's always one more guy, so I killed that first guy and wanted to get the fuck outta there so I could heal and try to get to a better position before more showed up. And there actually did end up being a second dude, so it ultimately paid off. But part of it is just that I've put over 400 hours into the game, and I'm pretty confident in my ability to react quickly and shoot people, not to mention I get bored more easily now.

You'll die in that fort in like 2-4 raids max. Better to hand it over to start unlocking all the gear he sells.

Just because those rounds didn't pen, doesn't mean you can shrug that shit off.

The energy isn't going anywhere, it dissipates but still transfers to your body, possibly triggering internal damage, but taking the breath out of you at the very least.

And even disregarding realism, TTK disparity from Fort is fucking retarded and should go. This was supposed to be a hardcore shooter, not an RPG. If I wanted to drop my skill down the drain and enjoy grinding for gear that makes me invincible, I'd play Division.

Any shitter that claims "I kill them all the time, git gud" is a fortfag in disguise, crying about their autistic safety net getting possible nerfs.

It's a lesson on how nothing is permanent and you can expect to lose even the most cherished item.

>This was supposed to be a hardcore shooter, not an RPG
It's both.
>Escape from Tarkov is a hardcore and realistic online first-person action RPG/Simulator with MMO features and a story-driven walkthrough
It's the very first line of their "About" page.

The energy is being dissipated across a plate. Kind of like the difference in someone standing on you with a stiletto or standing on you in a snowshoe. It won't hurt you unless it's carry huge amounts of energy. Soft armor is different, and the paca should probably hurt even with 9mm.

Complaining about rare-ish equipment being strong is fucking pussy. If fort disappeared, you faggots would be in here complaining about automatics saying it makes veprs less useful and thats unfair.

Git gud or kys faggot.

>hardcore and realistic
>RPG
>Simulator
>MMO features

Why don't we slap a milsim cinematic experience on top of that as well?

At this point it's just a bunch of marketing buzzwords, because half of them don't go together with the other half.

I don't even think devs know what the fuck they want the game to be. You can't have a hardcore shooter where player skill is prominent when opponent is unarmored/lightly armored and diminished to pretty much nothing when they grinded long enough.

I won't even mention wasting development time on shotguns, SMGs and pistols which are fucking useless.

Well the fact that they have a quest and a skill system in place should make it pretty obvious they're looking to have the game be some sort of hardcore FPS/RPG hybrid.

And player skill already matters more than gear (which isn't to say that gear doesn't matter; of course it does, and it should). I've wiped many teams of 3 and 4 all in Fort with M4s while I just had PACA and an AK. It's not necessarily hard; you just have to play smarter and bring literally any automatic rifle (an AK74N is dirt cheap and top tier). And if you're insistent on bringing shotguns and pistol calibers to a combat zone where dudes are gonna be wearing body armor, you need to pick your battles better and start avoiding heavily geared people (or going for the legs). It'd be stupid to have body armor in a game like this if it wasn't at all effective and couldn't even stop buckshot and 9mm.

I'd agree the devs probably don't know where they want the project to go. All we can do is wait and see.

I mean, I get that, but a Kiver AND a Fort? Why not a PACA to start with? Seems a bit overkill for what is seemingly an entry-level quest for Skier.

I know how energy dissipation works, thank you, you condescending fuck. Standing on you only applies pressure, which might be focused or not. A round going X m/s will near-instantly transfer all the energy into your body, accelerating it. Yes, plate helps dissipating that energy over a larger area, but it is still limited to your body. A regular AK round carries almost 2k J of energy. A boxer champion might maybe pull off 1k, and that's a "hits like a truck" one. That kind of energy transfers directly to your internal organs, causing pain, possible shock, internal bleeding, fractures, you name it. Not to mention plate doesn't magically cover your entire fucking body, while Fort protects arms with the same bullshit armoring.

And Fast? Yeah, fuck no. You take a rifle hit to the dome, you are incapacitated in best fucking case scenario, usually dead as shit. Pistol rounds will still whiplash the shit out of you, whatever helmet you have on.

Rarity arguement is straight up retarded. First of all, Forts are not that rare. Secondly, it might've worked if you had a separate arrangement of 1v1 duels. Say you get into 9 equal ones and then get one Fort opponent and get rekt. You won most, you lost some. You don't though, you have to survive entire raid and one encounter with fastfort, assuming equal conditions will nullify all your previous victories.

Your automatic arguement is again, retarded. Vepr should cost less than AK and it does, giving you more disadvantage the closer the distance, same as SKS. The difference here is that AKSU is availible at the same time, giving you an option to pick a weapon for ranges you are expecting and AK74 along with AKMS are right around the corner. If it weren't for fastfort, SMGs would also be a viable option for close quarters right there from the get go

Now please kindly apply pressure to your neck for long enough to go Sayo-nara.

Not saying the quest isn't stupid, just saying it's still worth it.

Quests are irrelevant to "RPG - hardcore FPS" line of thing. Skills, yes, and the impact of some makes me think they are leaning way too much into RPG, which means "hardcore" element is getting out of the picture. You can't have both, you sacrifice one for the other.

"You just have to be smart" is not a valid argument for game balance. Is a guy with godlike aim that has 100% accuracy with pistols at any range a valid argument for pistols being too good and needing a nerf? No. You look at how equal situations play out and weigh out how much of advantage one of the players has depending on their gear set.

Thanks for the last advise though. I'll make sure to pick my battle next time someone turns the corner into me, or I into them. Not everyone's using ESP.

Nobody said anything about armor not stopping buckshot or 9mm. In fact, PACA does it fine. There is no need for "oh you shot me for 1 damage 30 times and now you're out of ammo" bullshit though. Full mag from SMG at point blank should fuck shit up, armor or no armor, realism or balance. Again, unless EFT is Division in disguise.

A problem is you should be able to peek around a corner quickly just to get info and run if need be, but since peek advantage works both ways you can be headshot even though you are behind the wall on your screen.

Valid argument, but at this point, unfucking netcode will be a long and tedious process, if devs are even up for the challenge.

They could instead account for that for now and change what they can change to make game playable while working on their code. Then eventually reintroduce whatever.

Although I still think Fort does way more bad than good and game would be better without it, or at least with it being only a bit better than PACA and less rare.