What does Veeky Forums think of extra history?

What does Veeky Forums think of extra history?

I find that they do a good job of givng basic information on events in an interestinf way. I try not to base my knowledge on them too much though. I also like how they revisit some mistakes they make for each series.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e-k1PKbt5fI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

John Green is better.

They're entertaining enough, but I wouldn't base any knowledge off it.

they're more into theatrics than objective fact.

good for those who think history is too dry and boring

That's why I mostly just see it as a story they tell, often about an individual. It obviously ignores a lot of significant events, and doesn't explore historical causality.

from what i've seen, i have to say i like it
the sengoku series were pretty neat

I've found them to be pretty bias.

There's literally nothing wrong with being biased in presenting information that is already tainted with bias (history)

>muh objectivity

Back to STEM with you!

Elaborate.

>lmao why even have facts like wtf

I really respect them because of the 'lies' videos. Few video producers have the integrity to admit their mistakes, listen to criticism and investigate if they were right or not.

>the gold standard is bad

But it is

Like em a lot for showing my topics outside my usual interest range.

How are you today gramps? Still experiencing PTSD from the trenches in Flanders?

>non-biased
>extremely insightful
>entertaining
Honestly the best history series that I know of.

This.
They sugar coat some things for the sake of narrative, but address them later.
Overall they're very kid friendly.
I loved the style of the Suleiman videos

really Veeky Forums has no right to call bias anymore

it just always translates to "anything not agreeing with my bias"

what alternatives do you suggest then?

they sacrifice accuracy to tell a story, but it's still good introductory stuff for people not really that into history.

It's not possible to interpret or relay a historical narrative without bias if you ever try to venture into an significant degree of detail beyond the rote memorization of dates and their corresponding events. When a person calls bias on a lesson or analysis of historical events, their criticism is inevitably based on a perceived contradiction to their own bias. It's really just a matter of whose biased interpretation can be more soundly justified by evidence and logic. This isn't a phenomenon unique to Veeky Forums, it's just the name of the game.

Please be bait

Wasn't the guy that made extra history the one who believed that fuck crazy theory about consciousness effecting reality and your mind controlling the fate of the universe?

Leftist SJW white-guilt trash.

Could've just wrote:
>buzzword buzzword buzzword trash

Great entry level stuff to get started if you keep in mind that it generalizes a lot of stuff. Loved the Justinian and Gracchus series. Superb selection of theme music.
youtube.com/watch?v=e-k1PKbt5fI

It's not good by principle but getting rid of it was a mistake. So they're Keynesians? That's most unfortunate.

John Green IS better.

Think about how sad that is.

Well when they're not saying shit like the USSR wanted to be part of the axis forces, Denmark is part of Germany, mixing up the Baltic and the Balkans and claiming Poland as part of both, claiming that the Balkans loved them some nazi invasions (Greeting them as liberators) and so on and so forth.

And that's just one fucking episode.

You forgot numale and cuck

Bias is only acceptable if it's declared. Most historical works do this when they explain the historiography they are going to use to, how they chose it, and why they beleive it to be the most valid. If something presents itself as history without declaring its bias, it's garbage

True

Extra History declares their bias and dedicates 20+ minute episodes to own up to and correct any inaccuracies brought to their attention by the audience during every series.

Hate that practice for inaccuracy and you should be protesting Wikipedia, Veeky Forums, and peer review as well.

Oh come off it.

Everyone likes Herodotos better than Thucydides.

>currency backed by the amount of some shiny metal in your secret chamber do not steal is better than currency backed by your country's actual economic performance

no, that's spirit science.
Similar art style