/nepgen/ - Neptunia General #1359

Last thread:>Hyperdimension Neptunia Downloads (Skins, Artbooks, Manga, Guides, Soundtracks, etc.):
pastebin.com/yYPgqHqD

VIIR Amazon Preorder: amazon.com/gp/product/B077RC1F2T/

New Neptunia title in the works. Promises to 'surpass expectations': siliconera.com/2017/11/07/new-neptunia-project-works-will-surpass-expectations-1000/

>Miscellaneous News:
Beru has been in the Japanese Compile Heart app for weeks now: twitter.com/CompileHeartApp/status/932809155357786112

New Years Purple Heart in Nep-Nep Connect: compileheart.com/nepnep_connect/news/article/20180110_1.php

4GO art contest results: ideafintl.com/cyberdimension/4go/community/?page=15

>Nep-Nep's VII-rtual Reality News:
VIIR localization coming Spring 2018: gematsu.com/2017/10/megadimension-neptunia-viir-coming-west-spring-2018
Patch 1.07 has been released for VIIR a month ago: compileheart.com/neptune/v2r/info/update.php
VIIR English website: ideafintl.com/nep-v2r/
Translated Drama CDs and VR scenes for VIIR can be found here: youtube.com/user/AliasV3/videos

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RHWCxPGxG2k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nep end re;Quest.

Edgy Gear-chan edition

kill yourself

Whoa user, relax.

Crossover when?

Don't mind that loser, just report him.

One day, hopefully.

>male characters
Might fit into the series as a bad guy. Otherwise no.

Hi

Chaos Chanpuru

>being sexist

>that dialogue

it's awkward

I want to tell him that his English is bad, but Japanese are so insanely anal about criticism that I'm worried he'll commit sudoku or something.

Just make Milli a man. Problem solved.
#MeToo

I don't get it

I just played the original (not rebirth) PS3 copy of the first game all the way to 100% completion.

Will you praise me?

Good job

I sure hope that wasn't your first exposure to the series, the first game is legit awful

It was. Did I mess up?

It's the worst mainline game

Well, I guess I can only be pleased with future ones then, right?

Really the only thing I didn't like was a bunch of monsters apparently only spawn in one off dungeons so I had to replay half the game to get the ones I missed

I admire your threshold for pain.

I'm pretty sure forcing someone to play HDN is considered a felony in some states/countries.

What went wrong with it?

Reminder that tangerines kick ass and that Nepgear smells funny.

Nepping the ninja! Every thread, all threads!

Or just delete everything he has ever made and never draw again.

It's more than just being a bad game, it's a bad introduction to the series
All the other games have completely different mechanics, the original game is the only one with that generic JRPG turn based combat iirc
Not going to list them all, but keep in mind they were able to improve everything in the sequences

Rena is so cute.
Rena for Nep 8 when?

>sudoku
Figuratively, maybe.

>knife-ears

And you'll get no sympathy from Blanc.

The main thing I'd say is RNG Healing.

But ultimately, the game (and consequently the entire franchise) was carried by the characters.

NepuBuran

Good to know. Sounds like mk2 will be enjoyable when I start it then

Oh boy where to begin?
>obvious from the first 5 minutes the game has no budget
>healing options in combat are completely RNG based
>share system is never even mentioned to the player, despite the fact it can lock you out of content if used wrong
>huge chunk of monsters needed for 100% are only in a single, one shot dungeon. Missing any of them requires a new game + playthrough
As we can see this poor lad experienced that one first hand

There's probably more but it's been so long since I have played through that one. Playing the game, you will think it's a miracle that this game got even one sequel

not really

Good job putting a spoiler in the OP where everyone visiting Veeky Forums will see it even if they avoid Neptunia discussion because they don't want to get spoiled. I've already played Conquest so it doesn't matter for me, but this kind of shit is why I have to immediately use 'search' to filter to /nepgen/ only to not see other OPs.

TO GARBAGE
WHERE YOU BELONG

>literally no Berus in the thread yet
Let's change that

To be fair, user, I don't think we have much luck starting up a discussion or keeping it going either way.

Club Slut Vert!

There's a severe lack of IF in this thread.

We need everybody!

Go home Blanc, this is not the Gamindustri

Big Nep is looking like this and I don't know why.

You all said that she likes to get nepped. So why doesn't she want my nepping?

Maybe she's all nepped out.

You need to be forceful

>a spoiler
is this bait? it can't be a spoiler if it's from a non-canon ending that is there purely for shock value

it's not nepping, it's headpats. I told you this last thread.

Aerith dies

My nep!

My Neph?

Aprons.

Sure

>Blanc is the only one who wears clothes under the apron
What did they mean by this?

She doesn't have anything to show off.

Never played one of these games before, but I started playing re;birth1 with my girlfriend this month. Anything weird I should expect? Was this a bad idea?

We record ourselves playing for a yt channel, but I wont link if you guys aren't into that.

Couple minutes later...

>girlfriend

get the fuck outta here

>started playing re;birth1 with my girlfriend
>We record ourselves playing for a yt channel
That's really sweet, user
Don't worry, there are very few innuendo, but it's a totally SFW game overall

Yeah post the link.

If by weird you mean NSFW, then no. Even the fanservice isn't that frequent until the fourth game (VII). Just jokes, parodies and references of gaming culture or just girls doing cute things.

whos her favorite nep?

Outside of a little bit of fanservice in the series, it should be fine. Might as well say what channel name.

I was worried that I wouldn't get her.

Relax, friend. We're horrible socially angry nerds who just happen to co-habitate.

First episode.
youtu.be/RHWCxPGxG2k
We only have two up thus far, we'll have more on M,W,F.

I figured the fanservice wasn't too extreme or anything, I really just meant should I be on the look out for anything really bizarre.

Right now? I think she started off really liking Arfoire, but did a 180 by the second session and is really into Iffy, now. I think her strong second is Noire. (It's probably vanilla as fuck of me, but I really like Nep-Nep so far. That being said, no one has made a strong enough impact on me, yet.)

And thank you guys for not being too hostile about video stuff, a lot of other generals are pretty negative about it, so I make sure to ask.

>really into Iffy
Sounds like she's a keeper.

Also, we noticed by session 2 that Peashy feels really OP. Is that actually the case or were we just imagining it? Do you guys feel like it diminishes the experience to use DLC characters the first time around?

And another one.

Nice english voiceover you have there, dubcuck.
Also your "gf" is basic as fuck.

Here we go again.

I liked you voices, but I'm not watching the dub

Actually, seeing and knowing the DLC characters actually spoils some of the third game's plot.

It diminishes nothing. You either have to grind until the level you get the first EXE drive and plow through the game, or cakewalk with DLC chars until you get EXE drive and plow through everything.

Sorry for dub, I guess. We could switch it over, but we'd have to wait until we got through with the stuff we already have recorded. That means it probably wouldn't be until about halfway through this month that we switch over. Truthfully, we talk over parts of it, anyway. I mostly leave stuff in English when we play because the subs are all that really matters, but I don't want people who are just listening and not watching to miss the plot if they're actually trying to hear it.

Is the dub really that bad?

Not really. It's just the usual "Subs vs. Dubs" argument. The cast is decent imo.

The English dub isn't complete for one which is a pretty good reason to use Japanese voices.

>Is the dub really that bad?
The guy on the bottom of was exiled from company for how shitty his translation was. English dub also covers maybe 30% of all lines, versus 95%+ for jap dub.

>but I really like Nep-Nep so far
Good taste, user!

Also ignore the braindead weebs ITT. Dub is best, english neppy is amazing

What if:
Hyperdimension Neptunia: Google Translate Edition

Wow, holy shit. I didn't realize the English dub was skipping shit the Japanese one wasn't. I sort of assumed they were just the regular moments of downtime non-voiced lines most RPGs have. That's an absolutely bizarre choice.

I instantly trash youtube videos and put the creator on THE LIST if they play in ching chong ding dong and i imagine most english speaking gamers do as well. Weebs who need MUH GLORIOUS NIPPON VOICE are a loud and irritating minority.

Not really bizzare, they did a minimum required voiced translation in order to sell in US, otherwise there wouldn't be profit margins.
I blame illiterate americucks for this.
Spoken like a true nigger. Dubcucks are a minority of a minority of all weebtunia players.

>weebs
Do you fucking know where you are?

You can enjoy japanese video games without going full MUH GLORIOUS NIPPON CHING CHONG VOICE about it

Not the ones with better jap dub
I do play games with good english voices, like most FF games, but Neptunia is better with jap voices