/wtg/ - War Thunder General

Best tank destroyer Edition

Previously on /wtg/: >Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeaboo and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>vg chatroom:
Type " /join vg " into chatbox.
If prompted for a password, use "memes".

>Joystick Comparisons:
pcgamer.com/the-best-pc-joysticks/

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H1_cSnYKSKbU6Giql2bMDdFoXefeq6ENWuvjQbtquMs/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Px6G3kvcWbiS-sdIR6r4s7lSwfcxguUgJw95qj0NIzs/

start posting niggers or the thread will die and /wotg/ will be the only boom boom truck game on Veeky Forums

I don't want to post niggers

Redpill me on 5.7 german tanks.

Don't play German 5.7-6.7.

REMOVE ME262A1U4

American tanks are the best. Fuck Germans.

t.

If the Germans only had captured Razorback P-47s, then why is it in War Thunder the Germans have P-47Ds???

More armored cars when?

REMOVE COELIAN

Cash

How did they even manage to capture Allied planes, did they crash land in German territory or were they able to capture Allied airfields so late in war?

REMOVE RU251 AND ARADO

Arado isn't even that fantastic ground attacker in comparison to AD-4 or F-84

Pilot was low on fuel in bad weather and accidentally landed at a German airfield.

REMOVE OBJECT 120

Remove

REMOVE OBJECT 906

Must be pretty damn intense to land your plane on an airfield and when you don't have fuel to get anywhere else you notice the place is run by Germans who may or may not revenge kill you for the bombings your country's air forces have done on their cities. There are probably many such cases in Britain for Germans too.

What am I in for?

The pilot didn't even notice the airfield was German until he had German soldiers yelling at him. He landed and even taxied to a parking spot still thinking it was an Allied airfield.

>big empty maps make for a fun and engaging game

This is why Middle East is best. It's perfect size and you can larp modern wars in the scenery.

A good map would include opportunities for both close and long range fights.

custom game soon, or else

With the current matchmaking system anything 5.7 or over is trash in the German tank tech tree.

Why is whirlwind at it's tier considering it was flying around the same time as spitfire mk2

If it was soo good why didn't the fucking brits build them in numbers

>isn't well known or even corroborated

>our mutt pilots are constantly engaging our grunts and now the grunts rightfully distrust the air farce
>i know we'll blame the germans
sasuga, amerimutts

Brits are really interesting to play as, never experienced being unable to penetrate a T-34 frontally because uncapped AP.

I can't kill planes for shit in that thing, but murdering leopards in it is hilarious.

read the file name idiots.

>fire straight into the face of a KV-1E with the 10.5cm upgraded shell on the DM
>shatters

>German KV-1E shooting at my Chi-to from like 200 meters
>figure I'm safe since his gun at best can penetrate 77mm at literal point blank, and my front is about 80 effective
>his shot just shits right through the front of my turret anyways, nuking the entire crew

I went into a training room with mine to try that out, and I could not replicate that shot with any of the shells past about 20 meters. Soviets just fucking cheat is all it is.

FASTER THAN A LASER BULLET
LOUDER THAN AN ATOM BOMB
CHROMIUM PLATED BOILING METAL
BRIGHTER THAN A THOUSAND SUNS

Middle East is fucking abysmal and it shows it was an April Fools afterthought. Both sides can overlook about 75% of the map in hull-down cover after moving for about 10s from spawn. If it was fixed it'd be a good enough map.

Poland and Hurr Forest almost do this right, but are just a little too city focused.

Fuck the Cromwell V is disgustingly bad. I don't even care about the German long 75s since I can pen them frontally without too much issue, but it's the fucking T-34s and KV-1s that i just cannot deal with, and when i inevitably non-pen or bounce or goof my shot, I have no reverse to get to cover.

QUEUE UP ALREADY YOU GODDAMN SLAV WHORES YOU'RE BARELY EVEN AT A DISADVANTAGE YOU FUCKING COWARDS

daily reminder that the ad-2 is a fighters worst nightmare

I think you just need to git gud.

Hey, got a question for ya'll. About an hour ago I unlocked a 30% off for the T-III. From what I've seen its just a Panzer III J with a red star on it. Is it competitive at its BR?

I mean its an okay tank but I wouldn't spend birdies on it even at 30% off.

>top tier tanks aren't supposed to be profitable

literally what the fuck does reddit mean by this?

forces people into lower tiers

>forces experienced players to seal club

>thinking just because you ground for 3 years means you're not a shitter

>Is it competitive
Pz IIIs are just average. Like what the other user said, it's not worth it even with the 30% off. I'm getting one in the next 50% off sale just to piss off and club the wehraboos.

>6 kills
>5 crits
>13 hits
>end up losing because team gets memed on by kpz/t64 combo
>861 rp genrus rewadr )))
why the fuck did i fall for the high tier meme

Thanks anons. I rarely play tanks, let alone Russian tanks. The only reasons I even considered it was that it was my first "generous discount" and that coaxial sounds like a damn buzzsaw.

I wish my Jap tanks would stop getting paired with Britshits and Burgerbars against the Germans, Soviets and Frogs. Its basically a guaranteed loss because none of us can reliably counter the KV spam, and the Germans/Frogs just snipe you from across the map.

>brits strafe allies
>>lol fucking brits monoxide leaks eternal anglo
>burgers strafe allies
>>WE DIDDN DO NUFFIN SPECIAL GERMAN CAPTURED THUNDA BOLTS WIF SPECIAL MARKINGS N SHEEEIT

>commit more war crimes
>y-you guys were just strafing yourselves!

>literally own up to strafing know POW ships after the war
>literally admit that friendly fire was common even with previously agreed upon smoke signals
>back up this obvious cover story since high command blatantly lied to the troops

i legitimately hate this game but i keep playing every day, whats wrong with me?

You have a mild case of retardation.

I think it goes beyond mild

>strafed some Italian POW's, nothing of value lost
>Japan refuses to mark POW ships, and also use them to transfer war material, leading to lots of FF
>most of the other incidents or Bongs strafing the same unit three times in one day

church mk.VII yay or nay?

Do it for Lindy

pen kalkulatr is of fien tovarischiy)))

>leveled up from anti-air milk truck to K anti-tank milk truck
>moves like a snail with arthritis
>mild rise in elevation makes it sweat like an obese man in a marathon
>dies to anything, pray the planes not notice you every time the enemy sends planes
>but when you can get to that sweet spot undetected
>sniping tanks all day every day until they see you
>even then they miss, and rack up some more kills and/or kill assists
That K milk truck is somewhat like the German flaktrack's little brother, I swear.

I wish krauts wouldn't be paired with vodka rats almost all the time but we can't have our patriotic heroes getting their shit slapped by both krauts and bongs)))
imagine a jumbo with side armor and mobility (as in it won't bog down simply because you had a stray thought of turning the hull)
also the one piece armor plates prevent subhuman 85mm from just )))ing through it

Objectively best(BR/tier) Arcade+ planes?

>Get a 1.0 up-tier in my A7M1
>There's not a single enemy who isn't a at least .7 above in BR somehow
>End up dogfighting three American Spitfires and a P-47M at once, managing to shoot two of them down
>Wonder where my team is
>They're all lawnmowing 20km away

Never seen a Jap team do that before.

hope pilot was lined up and shot, as customary for war criminals caught red-handed

>Pull an insanely tight turn when a guy dives on me
>No feasible way in hell he could ever follow me, let alone get his guns on me
>He lets out a spray
>Tracers land miles behind me
>Pilot knocked unconscious )))))

What the fuck is with this?

I destroyed 8 tanks in my T-34 1941 without a single hit damaging me.

+1,070RP ))))))))))))

it might've been a chink, but I've been noticing this shit too

It's worse than Flak bus by a large margin, really
>no shield to protect crew from mg fires
>wheels that shit themselves even on road
>if small a tree branch blocks the platform, you can expect the damned thing to stop dead right where it was
>unreliable post pen
>all that and at 3.7

Yeah, I agree. I amend my conviction to it being the flaktrack's retarded little brother.

>getting shot by white mountain side
>it was actually leaves
that's it, i'm getting these p2w plants

>not felling over a nearby tree and drag it about for cover
Sorry, you're not badass enough for the salty spitoon.

I haven't played this shit for several months because it resets my controls any time a gamepad has been previously connected. Is there any way to stop that?

Just save a control map from the settings and load it every time you have to.

The Char B1 Ter makes Realistic Ground bearable.

Bearable indeed :B

>Check my achievement page for the Stalingrad event
>have 15 kills for germany's decal trophy
>"wtf I haven't even played using Germans yet"
>Notice I have 11 wins overall for the event despite only winning 9
>Think someone hacked into my account
>mfw
>change all my passwords for everything
>already had my 2nd authenticator thing
>login back in and notice in the leaderboards I do only have 9 wins despite the achievement pages saying otherwise
Anyone else had this happen to them?

Cyka blyat muh children)))

Client-Server Desync.

>Yak-1b in stalingrad event
>velocity of guns makes it impossible to hit anyone that even accidentally jinks around
>1 20mm 1 .50cal with 120 and 200 rounds respectively
How the fuck do you kill anything?

You could try stealth rounds and not firing on the target until you're at a distance of, say, 30-20m?

>just got my Ace title after playing off and on since 2013
>literally everyone has it
It seems like this is how it's going to be when I finally hit level 100 as well.

Cromwells are jewels in the brit line-up, I really can't see how you dislike them. The reverse is infuriating and the engine has an rpm governor, but apart from that they're a blast. Don't they apcbc too? Slavs were never a problem for me

just got jumbo 76, in for what
bong 75 uses the burger APCBC without HE filler and the same capless solid shot

being penned by everything you face

>12mm shitvak
You can have 10 of those and they still do nothing
>20mm shitvak
Pray to RNGesus you pilot snipe them with fragments because one is not enough

The Jumbo, at a tier where it can be lolpenned by pretty much everything and become even more worthless in an uptier than the Jumbo 75
But at least it has a gun that can enable you to take on T-34's and Tiger 1's, and you can even bounce their shots, provided you can find those magical spots that either enable you to go hull down or angle yourself in a way that doesn't expose the armor behind your tracks
Remember to shoot French Jumbos in the hull MG
You can also get some wehraboo tears if you shoot cocky tigerniggers in the turret ring (pic related)
It's an excellent spot to throat-punch the fuckers if they're angled, but aim for the center of the ring so you have minimal chances of getting screwed

When?

why not just shoot the tigger's hull, it's much bigger and won't accidenctally))) hit the mantlet
also the 76 has APCR so frog jumbos shouldn't be a problem
desu I just want to uptier the hellcat where it's not spammed that much that I feel bad for spawning in it

you reedy

>why not just shoot the tiggers hull
if they angle you're fucked, but you're right in that the hull is a much better target if you can get a good shot in
also,
>APCR
>ever useful against anything that isn't a flat surface
the bounce gods have never stopped fucking me where APCR is concerned, so you might have better luck in using it, but I still wouldn't ever recommend using APCR in any situation that is not an extreme emergency - for instance, a KT(H) too stupid to even slightly wiggle his turret and looking straight at you
even then I think I'd rather try to break his gun and get around his side with APHE

Those angled turrets seem kinda smart desu

>round a corner
>leo 1 fires HEAT-FS at me and hits my right track
>BURNT DOWN TOVARISCH)) BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME))))))))))
Holy FUCK slavic genocide FUCKING WHEN

>only prototype destroyed by a B-29

BTFOd