/dbfzg/ - Dragon Ball FighterZ General

I sure hope you did the story mode edition

On the last episode of /dbfzg/: >Basic mechanics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1rrh_EWca6MB1WUZfjIZ97LYhYspshivHjM352KmZ4g4/edit?usp=sharing

>PS4 and Xbox controls:
i.imgur.com/FmZtlvQ.jpg

>PC system requirements:
i.imgur.com/Qh9Ie78.jpg

>Characters moves and statistics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1G2SSi3eNI9aqekrhRyEOcEp-fnaoh68bO4NF6vlMfQw/edit?usp=sharing

>All assists:
docs.google.com/document/d/1Qgi3z7NDatc5vv6eJvA0xzJsyeND8eMIAxUsNZuVpmM/edit

>How to unlock Android 21 and SSGSS Goku and Vegeta:
shoryuken.com/2018/01/23/heres-how-to-unlock-ssgss-goku-ssgss-vegeta-and-android-21-in-dragon-ball-fighterz/

>Prima guide:
primagames.com/games/dragon-ball-fighterz/coverage/dragon-ball-fighterz-guide

>CouchWarriors guide:
couchwarriors.org/welcome-to-dragonball-fighterz-a-beginners-guide/

>Semi-universal combo route:
youtube.com/watch?v=vYmaCnSgqGA

>Numeric Notation Sheet:
i.imgur.com/CsTcCQJ.jpg

>Network colors (the square next to the name)
twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/959640513669349378

>Glossary:
shoryuken.com/glossary/

>[un]Official Anime Music Pack:
mega.nz/#!LIFSwCLY!v-23eKhCAONXjoty_8AitMefS54iVlLBc9-5gLdeVlU

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/959640513669349378
youtube.com/watch?v=5yGDPvkfQZg
youtu.be/td3HqbYuhB0)
youtube.com/watch?v=9ttkMlvr7Iw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what does the j stand for?

>twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/959640513669349378

>be shit
>still yellow

Other anime games put me in my proper shit tier. I am disappoint.

WHEN

16 smash is braindead retarded
can do it in the air and ground and has a fuck ton of range
want to pressure after block? no superdash LOLOLOL

Hey guys, I'm really piss-poor at fighting games in general, but I've spent an absurd amount of time labbing and practicing in this game. I can comfortably play just about any character, but I'm looking to have two solid teams to swap between. So far, my main team is 21/???/Frieza. Second team is 18/A.Gohan/Trunks. I think my second team is pretty well-rounded, but who should I throw into my first team? I'm pretty horrible at utilizing assists to advance on neutral, but otherwise I've gotten pretty serviceable at reaction-based play and have picked up on combos/extended combos well. Any recommendations?

Also, what should I practice the most now? I'm 70 ranked games in with 49 wins, so I'm still pretty fresh. Thanks for the help in advance.

It stands for "retarded weeaboo".

Join west lobby 01 if you want to play arena matches on ps4.

is it about that "saiya-jin" crap?

where are you fags in PC
it's late, i'm angry and i wanna play some matches

supa saiya-jin = ssj

>inb4 disconnected from lobby

are you good? if so, fuck off

I can try another lobby if you want.
Let's get some games going

I'd personally put 21 in the middle, and run someone with good normals first, trunks or adult gohan come to mind

Hey guys, I'm only kinda good at using Tien and I want to use Nappa as well. I've been using Tien as mid and Nappa as anchor, but I feel like it's not working. I can't find a solid point for them, and I'm starting to think that Tien should be point and Nappa mid.

Where should I put Tien and Nappa? Also, who would work well with them?

How gimped am I without a straight ground beam assist? Should I swap out Frieza for one of the Gokus?

Since both of those are in my other team, what else would you say? I was thinking SSB Goku solely because his level 3 is broken, partly due to him having a command grab. I feel like every lineup needs at least one. Maybe kid buu?

Use SS like any normal person.

nappa point with frieza and tien (either order for last 2).

youtube.com/watch?v=5yGDPvkfQZg

he works extremely well with assists to let him do dmg and setup saibamen. tien can extend in place of 16 in this combo very easily. cut the hit confirms from LL if you want to do lot more dmg. can do j.2H 236M super at end instead of land 2H super dash after the frieza assist. think a 2M starter that ends in lvl 3 is like 7k dmg in this particular combo. or do as the video and you get hit confirm off iad overhead into saibaman oki.

Nothing because it doesn't exist in the acronym you retard. SS is the proper acronym. SSJ is what retards abbreviate it as.

Want more proof? Find it in this very game:
>SSJGSSJ Goku
>SSGSS Goku

You tell me which is used.

You will never find SSJ used in the official Japanese release.

I was going to post this. Filename is "SS3 not SSJ3." Have another.

>SSR
Super Saya-rin? That sounds a little racist...

it means super secret rare or something in the mobile game

Found this comment from a YT video, what does he mean by 'structuring offense'? Can someone explain to me what he's talking about? All I want to know is how to get around someone who's good at blocking but it does sound fascinating (vid: youtu.be/td3HqbYuhB0)

>As someone may have previously mentioned, in most 2D fighting games in general, usually the way to deal with someone who is 'spamming blocking' is to 'structure' your blockstring pressure in a way that leaves your opponent (the defender) thinking on what you (the attacker), is trying to do to open them up.

>Let's say that there are two players Player A and Player B.

>When it's Player A's turn on offense (he/she has Player B blocking their pressure) and Player B's defense is seemingly hard to crack at first glance (Player B can block low, high, crossups, the works), usually the first option to go to is to grab them (or in DBFZ's case, Dragon Rush).

>The implications of this is that now Player B has to look out for grabs (or Dragon Rush), which are beaten by mashing with a quick normal (usually in the form of a crouching light/2L/2A) or some form of maneuver to escape (usually a jump back or backdash, depending on the situation) whenever they think/feel/know/etc that a grab is coming since there's usually a gap right before a grab.

>However, now that Player A knows that Player B is aware that they are mixing in throws into their offense and has countermeasures for it, the usual countermeasure against those countermeasures that Player A can pursue next when it is his/her turn on offense again is to stagger their blockstring pressure (delaying the inputs of the normals used in your blockstring in order to leave gaps, ie: 2L delay 2L or 2L walk forward 2L) in order tag someone who thinks there's going to be a grab incoming and they're going to mash (whether a quick normal or a grab tech) or jump out (if done correctly, a delayed 2L should catch someone trying to jump out since there's usually jump start up in FGs).

>On Player B's side, once he/she knows/sees that their opponent is using staggers in an attempt to beat out countermeasures against grab countermeasures, then the option that's usually pursued in these situations is some form of invincible move to punish the gaps in Player A's staggered pressure, such as a dragon punch or a super move.

>When Player A sees that Player B is willing to DP or super in a gap, the next time it's their turn on offense, he/she may stop their pressure short (ie: 2L 2L stop) to try to bait the DP or super and punish.

>And once Player B realizes that Player A is stopping their pressure short in order to bait a DP or super, Player B can then try to 'steal' their turn so that now he/she is the one on offense while Player A is on defense.

>If you've gotten this far, the picture that I am trying to illustrate for you all is that there is a very nuanced and complex form of 'Rock Paper Scissors' when it comes to the 'player interactions' in offense/defense. There is 'weight' in pretty much everything both players do as these 'interactions' play out as it is some form of 'tell' for the other player and it is one of the aspects of Fighting Games that I find very fascinating.

Ooh, definitely gonna give his a go. I'll probably do Nappa/Tien/Frieza since Tien kills himself as anchor.

>While what I explained in the above paragraphs is a very barebones form of the offense/defense interactions of what usually goes down in high level matches (since it doesn't take into account of a game's unique universal mechanics, the two players' characters and their unique plethora of options available to them, the option selects that one can do on offense/defense in order to cover a particular set of options that their opponent may do; all of these aspects of a fighting game influence a player's decision making in these situations and further complicates what I just illustrated above at higher levels of play), it should hopefully give people who bother to read this comment a better idea on how to structure their offense on someone who is blocking.

This sounds like a fucking college thesis

SSB Goku's auto combo catches people off guard a lot more than it has any right to, put assists on top of that and you've got yourself some pretty good pressure.

Kid Buu is fine too, and his assist is very solid

>Beerus, Hit, Frieza
Purple Rain

>Goku, Vegeta, Gotenks
Two and a Half Men

>SS Goku, Goku Blue, Goku Black
Skittles (Taste the Rainbow)

>Androids 16, 18, and 21
Look sir, Droids!

>Beerus, Goku Black, and Piccolo
Holy Trinity

who the fuck even likes this characters? I wanna punch her in her dumb glasses.

It basically just means don't be predictable and keep the enemy guessing.

When's the best time to summon 17? Mid combo, or starting one?

It means pressure.
youtube.com/watch?v=9ttkMlvr7Iw
Different game, same concept.

mind games and anticipation.

how 2 guard against 18 super?

Block the same direction you were up until that point, unless she crossed you up

How does 21 get hard knockdowns?
I really want to play her but I'm not sure I can stomach a character without one

So I met three different kinds of people today only doing my first 3 arena matches.
"I play meta characters that are top tier but don't know how to used them!" He got 3-0'd
"I play top tiers but I'm decent so the match is fun and even." I barely lost but the second time we tried fighting my connection dropped from lobby.
"HI I SUPERDASH EVERY SECOND I CAN!" And I hated every second of my life.
Not sure what the point of this post is but I play a combo of 21/Gotenks/Majin Buu and the second guy didn't know what to do against Majin Buu weirdly enough even tho he was pretty decent about the match. Is that a common thing due to the game not being out for long or people see him so little they don't know what he can do?

Fuck off. SSJ is what literally everybody grew up calling it, God forbid they don't change because OFFICIAL JAPANESE MAGAZINE doesn't use it. It sounds cooler anyway.

Cute~

I haven't seen a Majin Buu yet.
What the fuck does he do, actually?

So is there a reason why 99% of my blocks online just outright don't work? My crouch blocks literally never block down+meds. What the fuck am I doing wrong?

Majin Buu converts EVERYTHING into super or DHC.

That's basically his strength.

what a shitpost

>android 21 2M 5S vanish wall slams
>3M 5S vanish doesn't

well fuck you too arc sys
meanwhile kid buu can confirm off his 2M literally fullscreen meterless

What's the point in all these gimmicks when the most optimal way winning is to just beat your opponent down?

yeah, youre not crouch blocking

There's literally nobody playing majin buu on the ladder except apparently you and me

the gimmicks are there to facilitate that in unique ways
but what are you even talking about considering this game has very little character specific gimmicks besides android 21

I am though. I'm not acting like I'm losing solely because of this, but it's happening almost every match. they just don't get blocked. Is it frame delay? My highest average is maybe 9-10

I just realised the nrf dude is in this ring match.
6v6 is pretty fun

happens to me a lot too. im something like 40-10 online, but i eat a LOT of clean, no counter hit attacks, sometimes while in midair. i cant really figure it out. if it said counter hit or something id be like okay, i fucked up, but its literally a clean hit when im blocking their super dash or some shit.

It's not that big of a deal, but when playing agaisnt Cell or A.Gohan who can easily 100-0 you, it's kinda annoying

>18
>Adult Gohan
>Golden Frieza
>Ginyu (but really his gimmick is part of his repertoire so this is arguable)
>Beerus

My boy got mix ups.
My boy got best DHC super.
My boy got resets.
My boy got tech.
My boy got best j.H.

I re-read the whole thing and this all sounds like a 'cat and mouse' game where one player is trying to catch the other player slip up.

None of these are gimmicks, they're just regular special moves

your boy also has the hardest ground combo in the game, jesus that 2S 5L j.L link is ten times harder than any other character in the game for something so basic like launching without using H

3v3 I mean.
Kind of drunk

Mount Dive is fun to combo into after a standard LMH hit, Cartwheel is nice too for a quick hit and fast spacing tool if you use the H one.
To be honest I'm not well versed in explaining it since I don't know a lot of terms but I feel hes fun to mess with.
Yeah I know, the worst right?
What made you play MBuu friend?

It really doesn't feel any hard than 2M 5M j.L to me, but I might just be used to it by now. The only real shit is that 2S whiffs on standing characters but then you can bitch out with cartwheel.

>makes top 5 out of 80 strongest fighters in 8 universes
>next weeks episode is titled "The approaching wall! The final barrier of hope!!"
>18 has had continued screen time as krillin's waifu whereas 17 gets a twenty second cameo offering his energy to defeat kid buu
>18 is playable instead of 17
don't you guys love stoned video game developers?

I love his assist for making mixups hard to see, and tk 236L is a great overhead

how do you finish an air combo with buttslam ? keeps whiffing for me

It's really not hard when you practice it a lot.

Kid Buu's stomp is the most broken button i've ever seen in a fighting game in my entire life.

Here is a hot tip for you. If they are in the corner, you can use 2369L. Only the overhead hit (that is fast as fuck) goes through and it's + on block.

Are you doing S(single hit) > 236L? It wiffs really hard unless you do that.

I feel like I'm playing the game on hard mode by playing Piccolo. Holy shit, it would be so much easier to just pick any saiyan as point and do literally everything better, especially the full screen game. Anyway, I'm sticking with him, any Piccolo bros care to share some tips? I don't feel like I'm utilizing his full potential at all. The best analogy I can make is playing Kazuya in Tekken without ever using electrics or wavedashes. I've got my max damage combos down but my neutral as Piccolo could be a lot better. I never get the chance to mix-up my opponent, I also don't use his command grab. I can't stand still for more than a second without the opponent wanting to press buttons, I'm still in yellows. This is gonna be a long, hard road sticking with him but I feel it's gonna make me a better player in the long run.

Play more fighting games, user

just block low, you mong

How broken would Beerus be if his orbs didn't go away on his block?

So I'm new to this stuff, real fighters in general at least for slang wise. What do the numbers mean when people say 2M or like 6L?
I know at least the basics of like L meaning Light and the sort for M and H. What do people say for Super moves or beam moves?

Still not broken because everything beats them

It's not corner only, you can do it miscreen too

>tfw my muscle memory from the game triggers when i watch the show now.

>just block low
>Kid Buu's neutral's actually not that good
>Candy Beam into level 3 is not optimal

That's some S-Rank autism, thanks for sharing.

Wait Blue is WORSE than green? Then why the fuck am I orange and blue square dudes have optimized assist combos where as green dudes are super dashing from full screen?

The fuck?

This actually explains and helps a lot.
It makes everything seem less scary to read like I'm fucking incompetent about the game.

air S just pushes them out of 236L range constantly
what's the full combo ?

I really like frieza's assist but it seems like his combo potential is lower than most characters, am I retarded?

i just hate that you cant use his 2H in mid air to continue the combo, same with yamcha

so what i got from story mode was that Frieza wants some of that Yamchad dick
am i right

It's a quick juggle. Can be useful but you'd need more specific combo setups than the usual beam assist or vegeta assist.

It's good but required high IQ to use properly I guess.

Well, he is the most handsome character in the game.

I mean his combos, not using his assist to combo you silly boy.

if you played against kid buu online, you'd know that frame delay makes that god damn impossible. I don't think my crouch block has ever successfully blocked his stomp

Who should I use with Trucks/Tien? I was using Yamcha, but the two never seem to acknowledge him in their win quotes.

Reminder that Yamcha did date Bulma once, so i guess people see something in him.
it doesn't last long tho

Why is 16 so fucking unga bunga with that retarded fucking grab and hyperarmor?

Oh, well in normal combos you can use the 1S, 2S, and 3S (each has a variation) to extend combos with his eye beam shit. Freeza also has somewhat unique timing with his 2-hit tail 2M and j.M. And I've seen combo vids where they somehow managed to combo into his death slicer from across the screen but the timing and spacing is really tight.

Freeza is weird. He has good combo options but at the same time he does feel limited somehow.

frieza is more like a poke character to use while your others are healing

constantly throw different ranged attacks to confuse your opponent (he has way more than most characters, which is why there's no 2H mid air)

>grapplers
>Unga
>Ever

Because he's slow and big bodied. Is this your first fighting game because the big grappler archetype has existed for ages.

Are you kidding me? Plenty of them are. Hell, Gief was the most unga bunga character in sfv for all of season 2
Dunno bout now.

Are you intentionally being dense? He hardly even plays like a grappler. He plays like a brawler with a fucking retarded grab loop that he can use at any point in a combo at any location on a stage. It's fucking retarded.

>Not P4A Mitsuru jab
>Not UMvC3 Virgil heavy
>Not anything at all involving Petshop or Ivan Ooze
Get outta here

16 is very unga dude, and I play him I should know
His Ls are gorrilla sized, 236M is a constant threat at absurd ranges, and his 5H and j.5H can be thrown out with relative impunity