/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 4th of February:
1861 – American Civil War: In Montgomery, Alabama, delegates from six break-away U.S. states meet and form the Confederate States of America.
1899 – The Philippine–American War begins with the Battle of Manila.
1932 – Second Sino-Japanese War: Harbin, Manchuria, falls to Japan.
1945 – World War II: The Yalta Conference between the "Big Three" (Churchill, Roosevelt, and Stalin) opens in the Crimea.
1945 – World War II: The British Indian Army and Imperial Japanese Army begin a series of battles known as the Battle of Pokoku and Irrawaddy River operations.
1948 – Ceylon becomes independent within the British Commonwealth.
1961 – The Angolan War of Independence and the greater Portuguese Colonial War begin.
1969 – Yasser Arafat takes over as chairman of the Palestine Liberation Organization.
1992 – A coup is led by Hugo Chávez against Venezuelan President Carlos Andrés Pérez.

# Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

# News
DH DD 03/12
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1058632/
DH 1.05 Patch 03/12
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1058633/

# Archive (mods only)
>mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

# Where to get these games
>hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
READ THIS FIRST.
>pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>[V2] - Niggermod
pastebin.com/Xgjd5LvG

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.9.2
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>[V2] - Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>[V2] - Cold War Enhancement Mod
github.com/settintotrieste/Victoria-2-Cold-War-Enhancement-Mod-CWE

>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy 0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.2
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>[CK2] - When the World Stopped Making Sense
github.com/loup99/WtWSMS

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cb6XAbtptHo
youtube.com/watch?v=T43Ak3OJWtM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for turkslayer

Sebastián is cute...

reminder to report and ignore whiteposting.

Hfm is actually quite good its literally just because its from reddit edgy kids hate it

>I swing far further to the "religion is the opiate of the masses"
I agree, and much like Opiate people have a natural addiction for it. From what I've seen the religious "feeling" is one that everyone has a requirement to fill. The Communists solved this through the cult of personality for a leader. Many other atheists find some political ideal to strive for, so I would say you'd have to have an answer for this feeling that human beings experience.

I like this take.

T.urk

T.anatolian

Reminder that Huey Long did nothing wrong

If another country owns a region that's part colony and part state, like when the US owns state-Hawaii and colony-Wake Island, do you have to use an acquire state or place in the sun wargoal to get it from them?

Both, there should be a separate "colonial Hawaii" (or whatever the state is called)

So 17 infamy for a single state?

Maybe try freeing Hawaii instead of acquire state, they should still be unciv

Being a count is so boring.

*raises ip count*

youtu.be/cb6XAbtptHo

I-is he OK? This is my first Arumba video since I first got into GS and he sounds like he just popped 3 addy. Didn’t his wife divorce him or something? He isn’t gonna like kill himself right?

>Didn’t his wife divorce him or something
It's a suprise she is even still alive, after everything he did.

Oh god user what happened

>this new
It's not good at all. He made his kid eat dirt at one point.

How do you beat SU in the World in Flames mod for Darkest Hour?

exploit paratroopers like AARnon did

the new CBs from jade dragon definitely make them more playable

Is there a mod for HoI3 that extends the timeline together with some flavor? The game ends so abruptly I can't do shit, sometimes it even ends with WW2 still going.

How does pic related look for a Kingdom of Normandy that is based off of a breton getting tutored in norse lands?

How do I know which province is the capital fof my liege?

>breton
It doesn't really make much sense, it's really silly how Normaund can appear in Brittany in vanilla for some reason. But I guess it looks okay.

If you're interested in the politics of it rather than the combat you should really try DH.

>become GP
>build railroads in China and every country that lets you
I wish you could turn this into a decision

>black and white

fucking UNBASED

>not just building a single railroad in the capital province of every nation so you can puppet them when rebels take over
I just wish you could fund those rebels. Perfect V3 woild be repackaged V2 and rebel funding.

I do play it, and I think DH did it perfectly with it ending in 1964.
It's really weird, tech from the era is even there, like helicopters and jets, it seems to me PDX intended it to end much into the 60's but got lazy along the way. Typical of them.

How do you get over the atrocious UI, clunky controls, and huge provinces of DH? I keep trying to get into it but I just never can. What's a good first real game? Germany in vanilla?

>gee, maybe I'll go back to another ERE game, why haven't I done one in so long?
>Ottomans declare war in 1445
Oh yeah, that's why

I'm just going to acquire state and changeowner the colonies, it seems like an oversight that a mixed state-colony actually costs ~50% more infamy than if it was fully integrated.

India soon, I wish those fucking Indian nationalists could be more patient
Also looks like I'll be dismantling them, way too many wargoals to add

I have France, Northern Italy, Germany, and Eastern Europe all under my thumb. What's even the point of continuing to play. Why am I so good at these games. I can't wait for land ownership, royal councils, citizenship, slavery, succession, tribes, and the market system to be added. I need more to do with my blob.

I don't know, you just get it or not. That's like for any PDX gsg.
Personally, I just hate how shit HoI3 politics are and HoI2 is practically barebones, so DH is just the middle ground for me.

pic

Ticking warscore is your friend, you can easily get to 100 with it and as they're just colonies they should barely cost anything.

Is that the default flag or are you communist or something?
And you should stay as Dravidistan, fuck ind*-""aryans""

>And you should stay as Dravidistan, fuck ind*-""aryans""
Southern Indians are black. I found it odd the first time I found it out because to look at them you'd think they were African.

That's exactly why I suggested that.

Compared to other Europa engine games DH isn't really that bad, even has high res support.

Germany is the tutorial nation, pick France or Japan once you're familiar with the gameplay.

To what extent can you carve up the eorld to your liking though? One of the things I hated about HoI3 was it was either puppet or annex, as Italy would I be able to set up a Eguptian puppet but keep control of Alexandria, the Suez, and Sinai?

>atrocious UI, clunky controls, and huge provinces
Fucking 14 years old nu paradox fans

Second time they declared again in 2 years.
Looks like the third time might be the charm

Its India user, Punjab is worth 22, all the core wargoals would be over 100, and thats not counting liberating the puppets. Dismantlement will be less of a pain, just gotta build some boats.

No its just the monarchy flag
I wanted to but indian nationalists are too fucking annoying

Same as HoI 3, puppet or annex, but the devs try to fix this by having post-annex events where it asks you what regions specifically do you want to annex, if you want to set up a puppet government or just ask for heavy war reparations, lots of mods flesh out these events even more by having you deal with the aftermath of these annexed regions, World in Flames 2 for example lets you set up all kinds of Reichskommissariat all over Europe.

Also forgot to put this, it's not like you can't demand regions in the peace deal but the AI never accepts so usually annexation is the only way to end the war, unless a special event triggers for that AI nation once you conquer specific territories and they choose to surrender like the case with the USSR, where if it loses all important regions like Stalingrad, Moscow etc it can either continue the fight in the Urals and Siberia or surrender.

Almost killed his kid, guy is a fucking monster

What should my first idea be?

Suicide is a good one for not getting Edirne tbqh

Wasn't my peace deal, Hungary got raped by Poland and Lithuania and peaced out, Albania's capital got sieged despite Mamluks fucking around in Anatolia.
3/5 isn't bad

business idea: groß Finnic Empire in CK2
thoughts?

>3/5 isn't bad
(You)

I've gotten all 5 by 1454 too. Just didn't happen this time.
Now what military idea do I take? going to be me, Albania, Theodoro, and a gimped Hungary against a recovering Ottomans

Defensive or Quantity.
Or live dangerously and get Innovative first

>not doing the cheesy Espionage strat

>Espionage
Explain, I've literally never picked it

Explain

I've savescummed this a dozen times and Ottomans Venetians keep declaring on the same day.
Guess this run is over as well

Dandolo'd

>they dont know
Espionage is the patrician choice btw
Have you never played pirates or what?

just accept your fate greeky

Does anyone have that one screencap of a guy describing how he likes to play tall Hungary games in DH? I've always wondered if he ever played Vicky.

Don't forget custom client states, dynamic combat strategy(early game-mobile warfare and attack, late game-trench warfare and defense), a real global market situation and major improvements to the great game.
God, I wish Paradox just gave its userbase acces to the 10 years old engine.

Can American tribes still be "pinned" to one point on the map by subsidizing them in order to get them to build a colony?

HPM if you read this later will you consider changing tech schools to make them more "balanced"? Disregarding the special ones, right now they're "balanced" in that each one gives +10% net effect. However, some research trees are inherently more useful than others, which means that some tech schools are inherently more useful than others.
Compare the army tree, where every single row provides important benefits to any army, to the navy tree, where you only really need to take the first two columns to have a successful navy. Or the commerce tree, where you could play an entire game with just the starter row and the only noticeable effects would be that you can't build synthetic oil factories and you lose a lot of influence wars. The culture tree has two required columns and a situational third/fourth. Then the industry tree is incredibly important again.
I think the less-useful tech schools (basically everything except Military-Industrial Complex due to its perfect bonuses and acceptable maluses) could use another +5 added to one of their bonuses to make them more competitive choices.

Codreanu is the true leader of /gsg/. Not willy, not nicky, not huey "blacks & whites" long

In 1919, 1920 and 1921, the whole Israelite press stormed the Romanian state unleashing everywhere chaos and exhorting to violence against the regime, the form of government, the Church, the Romanian order, the national idea, patriotism. Now, as if by magic (in 1936), the same press, led exactly by the same people, has turned into a protector of the state order and its laws, and declares itself 'against violence', and we have become the 'enemies of the country', the 'right-wing extremists', 'in the pay and in the service of the enemy of Romanicity', and, before long, we will hear even this: that we are sponsored by the Jews.

There is only one true leader of /gsg/ and His name is HPM

>war game
>Europe has like 100 provinces
Enjoy your space program

>stacks 219 divisions in a single province
>"wtf why is the ai doing the same shit game"

>war game
Don't make me laugh

>Netherlands wants to release Flanders
>Belgium wants to release Dutch blood
Sadly they're guaranteed to lose once the Netherlands remembers where their army is and gets it to Europe.

nvm Belgium couldn't give a single fuck. The Russians landed some troops that captured one province and then got rekt, the Dutch are at 100% WE. I'm afraid Belgian WE is going to wear them down before the Russians accept a defeat though.

Im hoping they blob in NL or at least steal some colonies

any autistic v2 things you do?
when i play as prussia i do my best to avoid war with austria (or any other minor) and vice versa, even if it means having to wait years to get a sphere. losing tens of thousands of german pops in a civil war feels like a waste.

I restart my game if I get cholera in the first 20 years of the game.

What, is there a chance NOT to get it?

561 we out here

inventing medicine early helps

It's meantime to happen is about 10 years, you could potentially get it in your first year. Medicine tech will make it less likely to happen.

Medicine is usually the first research I go for and I'll get cholera or tuberculosis either way.

India has been unofficially liberated
Half of my army is now marching to Moscow, the soviets will be dismantled too. I havent seen a single soldier, I think they are so low on prestige that they cant get any military goods, and they dont even bother mobilizing. They are rank 60 the poor commies.
The other part of the army is on its way to Britain, hopefully they dont get sunk... Not sure if Ill try landing in Ireland or in the highlands

it also depends on healthcare reform and financial situation of your pops

youtube.com/watch?v=T43Ak3OJWtM

Speaking of things that decrease the population, is there a reason why low population provinces sometimes either stagnate or decrease in pops (accounting just for natural growth, not migration)?

Is there any way to stop this event happening? It's worse than any of the Carlist shit you used to get playing Spain. Every couple of months this event pops up.

Shitty liferating and no growth from techs/reforms

low population provinces have less rgo employment positions. thus unless industrialized, pops in there will simply leave due to unemployment.

uninstalling *pm will definitely help

based and white

Guys, I accidentally made the emperor of francia a bulgarian. Should I bother reloading that game?

Also, is there a culture change bug? I had a gregarious/diligent character and got like 3 seperate culture change messages for a ward... ward's culture didn't change at all.

They wound up getting white peace with the Netherlands and paying reparations to the Russians after the Swedes finally marched their high-tech doomstack through Germany.

stop playing meme games

ayyy the patrician game finally
report if you happen to get a king-bishop of Germany, i loved when that shit happened

believable worlds

What the fuck
Since when could the AI go over the infamy limit?