Let's have an armor thread

Let's have an armor thread.

I'll dump some shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q-bnM5SuQkI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Let's stretch it to armors and uniforms.

>those blackfaces

Better version

>INT vs AGI vs STR

>The manlet is angry
WHEN WILL THEY LEARN

>pitch me a TV sitcom starring these three men Veeky Forums

Early 19th century armor was best armor

Is it just me, or is there anyone who finds his groin as obvious weak point?

Get close enough, kick him with some sort of spiky boot and poor knight will be kill.

The groin is the most obvious weak point anyway, you should know how to protect it regardless of you being in armor.
Besides, it's not like it's such an easy target when your opponent is actively trying to kill you. You can't exactly "just kick him" when he is trying to shove his sword in your armpit / own groin / face.
But yeah, a thrust or a cut to the groin with boot or even a sword is a recorded technique pretty much everywhere.
In japanese fencing, there are some techniques where the finishing move is a glaive (naginata ) strike to the crotch.

Can we get some painted helms in here? They are sexy af.

russians made some of my favs

well i just happens to have a folder

thats the last senpai

well fuck me sideways, thats the last

These look so sweet, and yet they don't seem very complex to make -with todays tools anyway.

It would be awesome to have a full body equivalent of it, like a jumpsuit designed with this block style.

Maybe with x-bionic running gear undernearth, to cool off.

>Is it just me, or is there anyone who finds his groin as obvious weak point?
>Get close enough, kick him with some sort of spiky boot and poor knight will be kill.

You can't kick what is hidden behind the pommel in the saddle.

Knight armors were designed for use from horseback.

a e s t h e t i c

Honestly, I've always wondered why full plate wasn't developed to nearly the same extent in Eastern Europe/Russia that it was in the west (insufficient urban concentrations of skilled craftsmen to refine the techniques, perhaps?) but visually I really do like the plate-and-mail style. It's sort of uniquely Slavic looking, although I can see it as a mix of Middle Eastern/Indian/SE Asian plated mail and some similarities with earlier Germanic bits in the helmets. Cool whatever the roots are.

good to see him properly kitted with the spear as well as sword.

Cool to see how the shield decreases in size and then disappears once full plate comes in. It's really unnecessary then and a two-handed sword allows for half-swording, a mordhau, and so many more binding options.

Is this Roman Dr. Doom?

honestly that was my first thought too, but I imagine it would be pretty standard for Roman soldiers to put on cloaks in colder climates or in foul weather. Not sure you'd leave it on, let alone with the hood up, in a battle situation where you'd want full mobility, so the drawn sword might be a bit much, but it does look cool

So, how much would a full plate armor cost? On a par of owning a private jet these days?

Did tradition knights in plate armor and helms actually fight as what would be considered infantry?

Or was that more leather/chain mail, and knight armor was ceremonial or for mounted soldiers?

Depends. The highly fitted, custom made one off pieces would be certainly increadibly expensive. There were also mass produced examples churned out with one size fits most. Richard III spent something like £300 on 200 (someone will inevitably correct me with the exact figures) full, off the rack suits of Italian armour in the 1480s. At the time around about £2 was a average unskilled craftsmans yearly wage,..

English and to a lesser extent French armies, including their knights and men-at-arms, fought on foot in the later stages of the Hundred Years War and throughout the Wars of the Roses.

ahh I see. I just imagined full suits of plate armor were heavy and cumbersome and thus would be hard to fight in what I assume was melee in a big field somewhere.

i'm ignorant on medieval combat user sorry ;__;

youtube.com/watch?v=q-bnM5SuQkI

Not that cumbersome at all

Plate armour is heavy when its a solid lump handed to you in a bag or box all in one go. When its spread out across your shoulders and the waist and properly strapped to your limbs, its much more comfortable and managable. Likewise if its properly fitted and tailored to you, it should be more like an exoskeleton that closely matches how your body moves rather than a jacket you put on and flaps around. You should be able to jump into a horses saddle and climb up the underside of a ladder in your armour.

thanks for that. really changes how I see armor. Always imagined it to be really heavy and stiff

Jesus, imagine taking a mace to that thing.

Or even worse, when you go to a reenactment and you see people handing a litteral infant a helmet or breastplate and then ask them if its heavy and to imagine walking around in it all day.

OF COURSE THEY'RE GOING TO FIND IT FUCKING HEAVY!!!! THEY'RE FUCKING 5!!!! ITS AN OFF THE PEG PIECE OF GDFB SHIT DESIGNED TO SORT OF FIT A 40 YEAR OLD MAN FROM DONCASTER!!!! WHAT ARE YOU EXPECTING THEM TO SAY?!?!?!? REEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!