/mhg/ Monster Hunter General

/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Kiranico has been updated to include World.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/
↳Weapon movesets: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP (embed)

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh (embed)
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous triple cart

Other urls found in this thread:

monsterhunterworld.com/eventquest/MHW_EventQuest_EN.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

hey jagras, wanna hear a joke? great jagras

>Tempered investigations are rare to obtain
>Tempered SOSs are uncommon
>Tempered SOSs fill up instantly
>They're the only reliable way to farm decent decos and weapon honing mats.

What's the difference between a Lv1, Lv2, and Lv3 shield on HBG?

yeah it really sucks. you should be able to craft investigations for monster materials

Thread Reminder
>Unique Gems are in the carve list but not the reward list
>We have never seen a screencap with a gem in the bonus rewards under Capture
>We have no reason to believe capturing increases the chance for break bonus rewards to be gems instead of it's normal mat
CONTINUE THE ONSLAUGHT
DESTROY
THEM
ALL

Daily reminder if you triple cart on pink rath or betelshit you're a shitter

Did you know that sumo slap actually does damage to monsters?

Apologize

Do you all think Yahtzee will give MHW a try even though he hated MH Tri?

POST SESSION

What if I triple cart on Xeno?

So i want to try the LBG, which skills should i go for, i honestly don´t know where to start wih this one?

NO

>Last 4 SOS I joined triple carted

I just want decorations

Someone hook me up with a squad tag, I'm 70 hours in and still without a gang

Alright how is this set? I need 1 more attack decoration for attack 7 and a teo gem to upgrade my charm to earplugs 3. Looks pretty ugly though.

[Spoiler]dunno haven't fought him yet lol[/Spoiler]

He will, I don't care if he hates it, I like his reviews

In my case i like to hang out between /mhg/ 2nd squad and the MonHanGen B, some 4-5 people are HR60+ and we usually end up sharing our Elder Tempereds between each other.

Reminder to ALWAYS collect Tempered tracks when you're on quest, i got 2 new Tempered Elder investigation because of that.

Yeah it's pretty weird, before I hit HR50 I was just farming tempered Jyura and picking up all his mud, then I got Temp Azure and picking up all the footprints, then I got some more harder ones, Temp Black Diablos/Bazel HR30 required quests.

Most likely. It's pretty popular and he's still a game journalist even if his integrity is lacking.

i think earplugs are unneeded but looking good

>Hunter rank cap has been removed!
>HR29 > HR33
The fuck just happened?

Apologize

>think kushala's a fag, always have ever since FU
>can matchmake with randoms in this
>make xeno'jiiva horn
>join people's SOS missions for kush and play them anti windpress songs and beat the shit out of kush for them
I must slay the elder faggot dragon.

So I started with IG, moved on to other weapons but want to go back to it a bit now that I have all armor sets unlocked.
What are the skills I should aim for with insect glaive?
Xeno's Beta Chest an Alpha Boots seem decent for the buff prolonger, although I'm not sure +30% is worth the compromise. For melee sets I already have Odogaron, should I just stick to it or is there something better for IG? I'm pretty sure Jump Master , Master Mounter and Airborne are all trap skills I should avoid.

Nothing rustles my jimmies more than when i am about to do my last hit and a monster roars to erase all of my previous effort.

Why do you keep posting This? MHW blows double cross out of the water

>MUH MONSTER ROSTER THOUGH

I worry that if Yahtzee gives MHW a negative review, shitposters on /v/ will constantly spam threads with that review.

Wtf actually raises hr? I'm on the elder drags and only 14-15? I must be doing something wrong :I

He will, and prepare for immediate comparisons to Dark Souls
He just loves to let everyone know how much of a fetish he has for Dark Souls

>1094 attack
>1166 attack
Hmm the powercharm + powertalon didn't really do much

Add this to the OP next round.

monsterhunterworld.com/eventquest/MHW_EventQuest_EN.pdf

how the fuck do I get into the /mhg/ squad

So for these Odo dual blades, it shows the element damage as (180) and is greyed out
Why though? All other weapons with elements the number is green and stuff, but for this it has parentheses around it.

>earplugs are unneeded

*stops you from doing literally anything*

Heh, nothing personal kid

Not until Nintendo apologizes to Western MH fans that wanted it in English. And then accepts that MHW is way better than any shitty handheld game they made in the past 10 years.

In that case they'd shit on almost every single game

How do I become pro with the Lance?

>Bazel dive bombs head down out of nowhere
>Bazel's single bomb K.O.s
I really really detest Bazel, lads. Why does he have to be a main quest?

>Less monsters than the PSP

That's a pretty significant boost for the price of 2 inventory slots

Do screamer pods work on anyone besides diablos?

Ok I think I need to go gunner for Temp Bazel, I thought fire Res would help so I got it up to 48 and it didn't do much.

I know that investigations are the best way to get rare materials, but if I want a Rathalos Ruby, should I kill the Rathalos or capture it? What gives me better odds of getting the ruby?

roars are so fucking easy to roll in this game it's a completely moot point.

Yeah I appreciate it since its basically free

I'm not sure /v/ cares about no punctuation anymore and they haven't for a while

Every time I see a red jewel I think it's going to be attack but it's NOT

Powerguard

>powertalon
Where do i get this?

How are you dying to a bomb? Is your armor upgraded? He's so ponderous and clumsy that you shouldn't actually have too much trouble with him.

hr 29 and 49 are locked behind assignments

>roars are so fucking easy to roll in this game it's a completely moot point.
Then it shouldn't be a problem for you to post a video of you doing it only twice in a row. Right?
Right, user?
user... right?

fewer

Kek there it is

>MUH MONSTER ROSTER

Craft it with a beetlejuice talon

What's the best end game hammer,?

Craft powercharm + bagel talon

>What gives me better odds of getting the ruby?
Make 3 pieces of Kirin armor, 2 pieces of Legiana armor and capture it. That's the absolute best way.

Sure, I'll take a cap of your post and if I get a chance I'll post it with a vid.

Bazelgeuse Talon + power/armour charm

Are assignments done after HR50?

Tempered Bazel bombs always 1 hit you.

Bumping my question from the last thread Would like to know how mounting works

>Apologize.
This meme has never been funny or clever at any point in its existence and its actually amazing to me you didn't attempt suicide after posting it.

why is the endgame so barren in World?

>rolling roars

Glad to know I'm not the only one who noticed this. I've accidently rolled roars before without even trying

absolutely untrue, I literally survived them earlier today and I only had like 320 defense.

Is it necessary to min/max armour skills for tempered monsters?

Gigantic Nerd, like most weapons. You could make a para or sleep hammer for funsies though.

the timing is a bit tough on OG PS4 because of how few frames you're getting but I expect it'll be a cinch on PC.

That's weird, i have 338 def and 5 fire def and got 1 hit constantly.

Hey, I just got to rotten valley. How much/long there is story left?

Nope there should be one more arena quest and one more main assignment after that. Not sure when they Arena quest pops, but the triple elder assignment pops at HR100. Which isn't the HR cap btw. Also I'm not sure about this but I think you get tempered fights for the elders outside of investigations.

Will someone redpill me on HBG? My buddy swears by it but it looks like there is literally two end game weapons to use, and he only ever uses Slice or Wyvern shot. Is there something I'm missing?

Anything below tempered elder dragons aren't really that tough.

Bump?

I'm not sure if I should be annoyed that 80% of the bests weapons are nerg or the fact you have to farm 5 horns every single time for this shit, that and Xeno too.

I think we can all agree that MHW is a good basis for future games, but for now 3U, 4U and X/XX are better, more solid Monster Hunter games.

Is it possible to share an investigation with someone else somehow other than just SOSing them in?

>Iron starter GL keeps the exact same look throughout
WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T THEY DO THIS WITH LANCE

How do you unlock tempered elder dragons investigations after HR49 quest btw? Simply roaming in expeditions and praying you find a special track?

Nope. I easily completed the last quest with this gear (which for some reason specific bow retards think it has no way of dealing damage). They don't 1-shot you at all

HBG+slicing fucking wrecks kirin. I don’t really care to use it otherwise

>mfw I noticed that if you do the LS foresight slash right as the roar hits you get the ping sound, finish the slash and get the full red bar like if you countered a hit

If by "wreck" you mean it still takes 15+ mins to kill it, sure

they also don't reach very far behind the monster which is really interesting. Some monsters can have their tail hit while roaring, even.

>Guy says roars stop your actions.
>Responds with saying roars are easy to roll through.
Do you people ever read posts you comment on, or do you not care about coming off as idiots as long as you get to hear yourselves talk?
How the fuck is he rolling if he's performing actions? Don't be a fucking retard nobody cares about roars slowing you down when you're doing jack shit, it doesn't matter you can roll through the fucking thing if if it goes off just as you're about to do the strongest hit in your combo. Stop being a fucking idiot, think before you say shit.

The only problem with this set is that as soon as you get used to playing bow with this set is you'll never be able to go back to any build that doesn't have constitution.

I was playing IG and had the defense buff up, that could have helped, but they don't always 1 shot, that's for sure.
I would definitely agree. W feels like a test game of sorts for more games of this sort, but honestly it feels a little dry on content. I only have like 100 hours and I feel like I all I have left to do at this point is make more stuff.

Rajang when?

So when do I unlock all this Tempered Monsters stuff?

I was gonna answer your question until you put long and absolutely butchered the English language

So, Tobi hbg with attack boosting skills
or
Bone HBG with 4 slicing s in the chamber?

Tobi's should win, but all the speedrunners I've seen were using the bone hbg

>join a random quest to kill a monster
>didn't realize the guy had no lifes left
>i die like 30 seconds into joining because i wasn't paying attention
>he fails the quest

s-sorry

Guys what should I do? Waiting for a MH for switch or buy MHW? Reading all the breads in here looks like MHW
>blows double cross out of the water
Is MHW enjoyable in solo mode? Do not have friends to play with..

I'm wondering how likely Capcom is to actually make World Ultimate as a separate game, or if they're just going to do it as like a $20-$30 Expansion.

>5x HR anja
>0 anja fang+ dropped

kill me

Whats the point of Oven Roasting?