/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Has about a hundred Silver Knight set parts but no ears.
>Shadows Die Twice trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=iWFgvbf_Zu8

>DaS1 Remaster information
docs.google.com/document/d/1Tx8SxAv_HW57SRdx0CCwquRP2DPM36zz7QwB_wTQclE/pub

>READ ME BEFORE POSTING, IF YOU'RE NEW
pastebin.com/Txe190aw

>Shitposter filter lists for Veeky Forums X users
pastebin.com/fZHW0a8b

>Character Planners
mugenmonkey.com/
soulsplanner.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1X57UrBP6agjk1heiYS7fOzhK67TYDXAoTvRHOFwoabc/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1TlAjZSvmE979gbayTvpioT72n5A7_bUjMNCLuOatJTQ
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord: discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Hollow Gank Spank
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>its a r8 my build post
>they're using small-arms
>they waste points on END

why is all of the best content in the dlc. like really, AotA is better than the base game, every DaS2 dlc is better than the base game, Old Hunters is better than the base game, and both dlcs of DaS3 are better than the base game. what is from doing to make the dlc better? are they purposefully making the base game worse than it could be?

What the fuck is the deal with Lords of the Fallen? I bought it on sale and the only thing I can think is that it's fucking garbage.

any one played salt and sanctuary? thoughts?

You said it yourself

I think it's at least in part the team being much more experienced at working with the (current version of the) engine. That and probably having more time to complete just a few areas, considering they're generally working on the DLC's while the game's still being developed and it takes a while for the DLC being released.

I didn't really like the style but bought it cheap used anyway, it ended up feeling way too clunky for me to enjoy.

Good build for around level 70? I hear you can get a little spear of the church action around that level

shitty combat and art style sucks

deadcells is superior in everyway.

is there anywhere i dark souls 1 i can get sunlight medals consistently? i want the lightning spear

rush izalith and farm sunlight maggots

Chaos bugs drops them once every million

Farm the little bugs in the demon ruins - lost izalith shortcut. The drop rate's alright, just make sure to get the... 410 itemfind I think it was from gold serpent ring + 10 humanity.

MLGS melee build or if you want to be a total dickhead then anything with heals/regen spells.

I want to see gael getting womanhandled by friede.

SL 52 with +5 weapon seeking someone to practice uchigatana parrying with.
I'm outside Pontiff's bonfire on PC, North America.
Password is intskrub

that shit looks straight out of an anime

Oh, I'm embered by the way, so put down your red soapstone.

>join Heirs of the Sun not expecting many summons
>get summoned for Covetous Demon
>keep getting summoned for Mytha
>move to Najka
>get summoned several times again
DS2 online is alive and well. I even got to fight Mytha without the poison pool having been drained, and lemme tell you, that was painful.

>full heides
nice

>invade into world at low SL
>3 man squad, password phantoms
>every enemy is dead

disgusting

got no respect for these turtle dudes

Daily reminder that Blades of the Darkmoon are pussies

Most active summon is probably Ivory King, even though it's pretty much late game but it's one of those bosses made for co-op.

ive been having fun with a buff-pyro in that range.
i get summoned every as a spear every 10 mins or so.

i could drop the demon fist for just a caestus but the ascetic and fun factor of demon fist is just to attractive.

also, fun fact that i just learned:
>CBV can combo from black serpents if you have enough DEX or the sage ring.

I go Havel Shield + Dark Sword most of the time, it's pretty much a "Don't fuck up" set, if you I see you fuck up once I'll get to hit you like five times.

post them, rate them, seek them, seek them, bear them, least them.

me in the back;)

password phantoms were a mistake

I DID IT. Finally, I get some hatemail.

I was thinking something like this maybe
Blessed lothric knight greatsword actually has higher ar than a regular non infused LKGS but it of course cant be buffed. Not really sure what weapon to use

Thats not it

>warpon

>mini level 60

Is he implying that the DLC weapons are automatically the equivalent of an extremely upgraded weapon? I'm genuinely not sure what the fuck he's saying.

>you are very skill bro
now i am become skill, the destroyer of worlds

What kind of fucking spider language is he trying to speak?

He also left a comment on my profile.

I think sums things up pretty well but also :

When they're done with the base game and the players have gotten some time down with it, they can observe player behavior and feedback and then create the DLCs to response to that feedback (although some DLC bosses are just straight up cut base game content)

And I think that challenge wise they're holding back in the base games so that vidya journalists and the more casual players can get to the end of the game, while the DLCs are content designed for the more seasoned veterans and balanced around end game characters.

This is fucking gold, I'm so jealous. I've never got hatemail this good in DaS3.

What does the sellsword helm (DS3) match well with fashion-wise, besides the black hand armor?

what's the stealth archer of dark souls?

>when invaders know you by name and black crystal when they get into your world
Come on now. Don't make me change my name.

Blighttown blowgunners.

Alternatively players with Cloak+Thief's ring + hypermode White/Lava Bow in Demon's Souls and Millwood Greatbow+Obscuring Ring snipers in DS3.

i feel like you could use a better weapon but it looks like youre going for a popeish look?

and dump some END. IMO you only need enough for 2 hits and a few rolls, ive got 1000 hours (yes i have autism) and ive never needed more than 20END, even with ultras

Helps if you post the template, friend.

>dark souls 3 day 1 release
"absolve sin" at statue of velka... but theres no way to sin

>day souls 3:Ringed city DLC
"absolve sin" at monolith...still no way to sin but they still programmed the button and created a graphic for it

what did myazaki mean by this???

Depends what you're doing as a host. I tend to block pro solo hosts that have 15 +10 estus at SL50-60 and just run away forever doing nothing but the occasional turn-and-burn. Chasing your ass for an hour isn't exactly my idea of a fun way to spend a saturday.

aggroing npcs counts as a sin

"Sin" in DaS3 just means pissing off an NPC. It isn't connected to multiplayer in any way whatsoever.

>invading at cathedral
>literally only gank squads or other twinks
feelsbadman

im invading farron at SL 25 right now and it's pretty much only gank squads as well. One group has CE infinte stamina and FP. feels bad

This is basically true for the whole game. Anywhere you invade is the same thing.

>starts off with huge scope
>deadline rapidly approaches
>glue everything together so that it's playable
>use unfinished content as base for dlc
The DLC probably has twice the hours put into it because of this.

It's weird how I've gotten more invasions in DkS2 in the last month than I have in all souls games combined since I started playing.

>blocking people for reasons other than cheating
You're a shitter. A humongous shitter. The black crystal is made for people like you.

EH. I won't block him, since I can kinda see why he got those stats. At least he didn't inflate his health.

Is there anything like a rank system in pvp arena/invasions? I know in the yorshka church you get something like a list of denounced players or something like that that existed in DaS1 and which people used as a badge of honor. Sorry if it sound like a stupid question I'm very new to pvp.

How much does Soul Memory really matter? Need to do jolly co-op for 100%

doesnt matter at all, you can do the 100% entirely solo if you need to. i did with my 17 million soul memory.

Arena has medals you earn for wins.

There's a "roster of knights for darkmoons

It's annoying, but the ranges are very high so it doesn't matter all that much. You can literally match with people as much as 40-50 SLs apart.

You're dumb as fuck.
Nobody is going to chase a host for an hour while they pretend they're rehvion, it's a waste of time and patience

I think he's implying the only way to get the weapon is being sl60 minimum

That is not why you're a shitter. If a host does that to me, I black crystal out. If an invader does that to me, I black crystal him out. But I would never block somebody just for that.

Straight swords

>If an invader does that to me, I black crystal him out

Behold, ladies and gentlemen, this is how CE users justify their actions in their own mind.

>If an invader does that to me, I black crystal him out.
???

Both of you are wrong.
If you black crystal out of the world, then the host has won. By being a coward, he managed to beat you in some way, thus giving him more of an incentive to keep on doing it.
If you block him, it just shows how petty and pathetic you are, going so far as to block all those who displease you.
The only good answer is to catch him and brutally maim him until he begs for mercy.

Thanks, elevator. You truly are my greatest ally.

DECIDE MY NEXT RUN

you can't black crystal an invader out my dude, stop lying on the internet

I'm sorry, but why would anyone want to have the off-chance of invading a faggot like that again?
I block that shit and people who try to do the ladder covenant shit because it's tedious to fight and deal with
The only thing more cancerous is the people who actively fish and go for backstabs at every opportunity

Alright cool because I started the series with this game so my first character has a massive soul memory from all my attempts at getting gud

>caring what other people on the internet think
If I don't want to play with that host because of how he plays, it's my decision not to let the game match me with him again. I care more about how I spend my time than I do what someone else thinks of me, and he won't know anyways since he won't ever see me again.

Beast Warrior run
CLAWS, SPEARS, BOWS, KNIVES, PRIMITIVE LOOKING SHIT.
POUNCE ON YOUR ENEMIES AND RIP AND TEAR THEM TO PIECES.
WEAR THE SKINS AND PELTS OF FALLEN PREY AND EXPLORE THE WILDS.
HUNT DOWN YOUR ENEMY AND TAKE THEM OUT WITH BRUTAL EFFICIENCY.

Jesus Christ
Also, nice

Doesn't using black crystal too many times fuck up your matchmacking?

Ok thanks, can you earn vertebra shackles or pale tongues on arena? I know you get summoned as a blue, red or purple in arenas if you have your covenant insignias.

sorcery only. and i mean ONLY. no armor, shields, parrying items, ONLY sorcery.

>PRIMITIVE LOOKING SHIT
Do you prefer pyromancer set #1, pyromancer #2 or pyromancer master set?
Of course not, why would it. Pulling the plug is supposed to, but even that takes a retarded amount of times tojavascript:;

Based Lautrec cosplay.

Unfortunately no. It's just appearances.

No, that's forcibly DCing during a multiplayer session (Mom, pull the plug), black crystal does nothing in that regard.

No covenant rewards for duelfaggotry unless you're doing it at Pontiff's via Red Sign.

I accidentally dragged the "captchas: 1" into the text, I swear I'm not a bot I swear

You can show how hollow you got from doing it :^)

There are also ragged armours if you need something that isn't just pyromancer shit.
Seriously though, DS3 is really lacking in actual primitive armours.
It's either generic knight armours, edgy armours, waifu clothes or wacky and epic meme gear.

Ragged armors aren't primitive, they had to be armors first. They just went to shit. Maybe brigand set but it's a stretch

>tfw no medal

>tfw no gold

why is there no crafting system?

because this is dark souls, not oblivion

>people actually think this way
>people on /dsg/ actually think this way

Jesus christ why do I come here anymore? I think this convinced me to finally leave, holy shit man. Holy fucking shit, wow. I have no words, this general is fucking garbage.

see you tommorow

>he actually chases the host around for an hour trying to deal over 11k damage 150-200 damage at a time with running attacks, assuming he can even hit a host that can fast roll and who has silvercat ring
>he actually fights ring of favor abusers on the ladder and falls to his death
>he would rather waste his time with obvious griefers and exploiters than play with the other 95% of the population in the game who aren't gigantic fucking assholes, and actually have fun

Holy shit dude... this person actually exists and isn't being sarcastic, but is serious about this.

I honestly hope you start up a youtube channel today and post videos of you 1v1 chasing a fast rolling twinked out host with a cleared out level who does nothing but run away from you and dodges all your shit. I want to see how long that video winds up being.

Does this build still work?
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Hollow Gank Spank

blocking them on steam blocks them in-game?

I can't beat Yhorm even with the Storm Ruler. I come in with it charged up and I'll get him once but I can't really get away from him long enough to charge it up again. What am I doing wrong, familia?

yes, alternatively, you could find out who a ganker host summons (usually his friends on steam) block THEM, and when he tries to summon them when you invade him, he can't summon them.

I was thinking about this with Oceiros and queen lothric but :
Why is no ruler in Souls series in an even remotely happy marriage?
King Allant's wife is not even mentioned and his throne room only has a single throne even though he has a son, Queen of Latria's husband betrays her and captures her entire family (and possibly hangs her or whatever), in Dark Souls Gwyn's wife is a complete and utter mystery, Vendrick and Nashandra are in the middle of a worse divorce than ENB, Mytha desperately craves Old Iron King's scorching scepter, Queen Lothric is no where to be found.