/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Tekgen tourney edition
twitch
.tv/moofinly

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Patch 1.08
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/28/tekken-7-version-108-update-changes-player-info-in-ranked-ag.html
>Noctis Reveal Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU
>Patch 1.09
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/11/28/tekken-7-version-109-adds-dlc-character-geese-howard-rematch.html
>Geese Launch Trailer
youtube.com/embed/mXCZ0mnapMw
>Patch 1.10
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/12/13/tekken-7-version-110-input-lag-reduction-patch-out-now.html

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

twitch
challonge.com/checkinishard
rule34hentai.net/post/view/279009
youtube.com/watch?v=G-7R06NXITM
youtube.com/watch?v=B9Bsp7oGvYU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Play the Squid

this game fucking sucks online

Yeah it does. Offline and maybe lobbies is the way to go.

$5 6-inch footlong RIGHT IN THE ASSHOLE

Katarina is literal perfection.

[citation needed]

I like Tekken.

I like Aris' rants about tekken online, they're funny as hell.

yeah, this is why you shouldn't care about rank

>Trash design
>Trash gameplay
>Trash frame data
>Perfection

In this picture you can see a future evo champ being trained by two of the greatest evo champions in order to make his debut on the next evo and shut speedkicks mouth, but /tekgen/ still call him a fraud

Umm you can tell they're playing Tag 2

>future evo champ
>can't even handle a sub par asuka or lucky chloe

Let me settle this once and for all. TheMainMan is a decent player, but he's not a tournament player. He won't win tournaments, because he lacks the experience. He exists only to cater to online warriors. And I'm okay with that.

Why does Alisa have a completely unreactable sweep

It's better not to Play the excerrent.

its launch punishable and slow at i24 not that great
it's no hellsweep

Both Framewhisperer and CHANEL main Eliza wtf now I have to as well

recommend me some good doujins of her

Can anyone give any advice on doing Kazuya's hellsweep at the end of combos? Seems it's his best combo ender for damage (though seems kinda shit Oki wise since it sends them across the stage) but I'm having a lot of trouble trying to get the crouch dash come out after a dash.

COME UUN

Except at the wall where she gets guaranteed cc d2,4 after

Geese is broken

/tekgen/ grand finars right now
twitch
.tv/moofinly

sorry bro, you had to go to evo japan

just guess right bro like what the fuck SIMPLY DONT GUESS WRONG LMAO

They really fucked up this image. Should have shown her feet. Would have been perfect.

There is nothing more insulting than a clearly better player using gimmicks moves like unblockables or joke moves just because you're worse

I wont rematch

Pick kuma. He can crush qcb2,4 with sit and launch with sit 2. qcb2,3 will only float the stance so it doesn't hurt as much.

Winning against Jack is literally impossible

>Kazuya combos and EWGF are kinda annoying to learn timing
>Decide to look at Kazumi for a bit
>Finally see the frame data on the d/f1 of legend
>i13 mid that's -3 on block, +6 on hit, and has an extension NC that racks it up to 31 damage and is only -13
What the FUCK is this move? Doesn't it have excellent tracking too?

Heihachi is a dilf

>Law
>Eliza
>Alissa

Yeah sounds like a /tekgen/ tourney.

>challonge.com/checkinishard

Next weeks tourney

Don't dodge ok

kazuya combos are easy as fuck tho

>Dodge King on the loading screen
>Calls me a loser

Lmao get fucked you fraud

And 4th was Lars.
Tekken truely is the most anime fighting game.

In struggling with the dash hellsweep ender

I love Alisa!

>oh boy time for ranked!
>panda
>winquitting hwoarang
>winquitting miguel
>geese

delet this

You can literally get to yellow ranks off of knowing her combos, d/f1, and d/b4. Kazumi is the most straightforward character in the game.

I'd love a tombula tournament, wil

Hey what a coincidence I just played all those characters

It's just practice, really. Although it is not the best ender for damage, that would be b31, ff2 (the timing is sometimes strict). b31 into f3 also works sometimes for a bit less damage but super easy input, and the real korean shit is b31 into dash df14, but that's hard to do.

Back to the hellsweep ender, I prefer cd3, it gives better oki IMO. Both are considered equalish but I like cd3 more so try that and see if you like it. Also just dashing into df14 is completely fine if you want, it gives good wall carry and excellent oki, although you lose damage. For even better carry (although you lose oki), df1, f2 is good.

Alisa is cute but I wish her head didn't fall off.

>trash design
Wrong
>trash gameplay
Impressively wrong
>trash frame data
....who gives a shit? Unless Tekken is your livelyhood, tier placement has no bearing in a character's quality.

it's optimal for pleasure
she is a sexbot afterall

Alisa is cute but I wish she had bigger tiddies.

that's jack-7

Thanks dude. I probably should have shopped around a bit more since I only looked at Mihawks video and sometimes his combos aren't great. When would you want to end it with hellsweep? Seems there's better damage options and better Oki so the only thing I can imagine is maybe for wall splats but can that even convert off a wall splat?

Alisa is pure! delet this.

>panda
Did he use f1,1,1 a lot? The 2nd and 3rd hits are -15. In fact, if you assume a blocked bear move is launch punishable, you'd probably be right.

Alisa

>Alisa is pure!
rule34hentai.net/post/view/279009

> Unless Tekken is your livelyhood, tier placement has no bearing in a character's quality
finally someone with the right attitude. Each time I see one of those stupid "there's no reason to play X because Y is better" posts I die a little on the inside. Of course there's a reason to play X, because you like the fucking character. Thank god we're not all playing Devil Jin. Even pro players whose livelyhood IS tekken play the characters they like, not neccesarily the objectively better ones.

no he did a bunch of random shit and got into the bear stance a lot
honesly I just forgot a lot about the bears cause I run into one like once a month

Except there isn't a reason when it's a character like Katarina who looks bad, plays bad, and is bad.

I need your help. I'm having trouble trying to understand what Alisa meant by this.

Kazuya has great wall damage, so you are going to be using b12 as ender a lot of the time as it's the optimal wall carry ender, the timing is strict but after you learn it you can tell if you fucked up and finish the combo with df1,2 that is really easy to do. otherwise just go wtih cd3

is it hilariously bad tekken picture posting time?

I would prefer inserting my reproductive organ between her legs and NOT having her head fall off during intercourse.

Don't quote on this cause I haven't fully labbed against bears, but I'm pretty sure every move from that stance is unsafe on block. So playing defensively against bears tends to work for me because it may be a guessing game a lot of the time, you get a big reward when you give right.

>Mihawks video
I personally don't like those videos because they just throw a couple of random fillers, screws and enders and slap them together, they don't give you the actual BnBs. For example, 2,2 is S! but you're never going to use that move in a combo - in the "staple combo" videos they show all kinds of random shit.

The hellsweep or cd3 is the standard ender - it gives you decent oki and damage without sacrificing much of either. For example if you go for df1-f2 you push them far but lose all oki and some damage. It also works in every situation - for example sometimes you don't have enough time to dash into b31, or they get pushed too far when you do it and can't follow up with anything.

>Can that even convert off a wall splat?
Kind of. You recover a bit slow so most of the time you have to settle with the b23,df1 wall combo instead of the optimal ws4,df14,1+2. If you want to splat them the best ender is df14 because you recover super fast and have enough time to crouchdash into ws4 for the good wall ender.

Delete this right now

Stop talking about my wife like that please!

>b12 as an ender
never seen anyone do this, the wall carry ender is df1,f2 or b31 dash df1,f2
>finish the combo with df1,2
unless you're in the floor break stage I don't see why you would end with df1,2

I'll keep everything you said in mind, my dude, thanks a bunch. I'm currently shopping around for a secondary and Kazuya is definitely at the top of the list but I'm not gonna lie I'm not enjoying his combos a whole ton and grinding ewgf gets tedious (I know there's other stuff to learn for him but it's something you need to know eventually). Your posts have been very enlightening and given me better insight on the character.

>wake up
>kiss my wife good morning
>say hi to my son who's watching cartoons
>strumple my way to the bathroom
>start brushing teeth and washing my face in front of the mirror
>notice receding hairline
>gained a few pounds
>face starting to look chubby
>no more of that glorious early 20 metabolism
>boot up my pc and get ready for some Tekken
>ask /tekgen/ discord for matches
>the only active channel is the lewd channel (and the frame data channel suprisingly)
>start up Tekken 7
>spend 2 hours in practice mode practicing my bnb's, punishes and strings to ss.
>time for some online ranked
>select my custom that looks like me when I was 19.
>fit, fashionable and full of joy
>first match, it's against a Dragunov player, it's a demotion match
>start off the 1st round with a frametrap I've seen higher level players do
>ofcourse it doesn't work, opponent knew what to do in that situation
>he overruns me with wr2 and d2 pressure
>lose the fight and get demoted
>losequit him
>I know it's wrong for me to think I don't belong at these ranks and I should be higher but I still think about it
>try to recompose myself but thoughts of mediocrity are slowly seeping back in my brain
>"you'll never win tournaments"
>"you're too old to gitgud"
>"you still browse japanese imageboards?"
>"stop this gaming crap and focus on irl, you got a family now"
>losequit 4 more matches while this is going through my head
>close Tekken 7 and go on /tekgen/
>lurk while anons are posting memes in lingo you don't understand anymore
>tfw even out of touch with basement dwellers
>go to newgrounds and watch the egoraptor skit about ryu with an officejob
>cry

>kiss my wife
let's be real user

Kazuya's combos are actually very easy unless you want to do weird microdash stuff. What is your main character? Their combos are probably not much easier, it's just that learning a new character is hard until you get everything to muscle memory

Don't be sad wil, you won the tournamenton wifi

Don't play law

>can't main anything other than mishimas
I've played other characters but they just don't feel as good bros. I don't want to be a mishima player but their strong punishment and 50/50 mixups make them the only characters that fit my way of playing and understanding the game. I wish I could main less popular, lower tier characters

It's Jack. It's not necessarily that they are hard just I'm not sure I like doing them especially since I'm normally a big body player. No reason to box myself in yet so I'm shopping around still.

Side note I just went into practice with Asuka and if I didn't hate get before seeing how easy some of her shit is from the perspective of someone actually controlling her I sure fucking do now.

I want themainman to stop posting

try doing ch4 or f4 into 1+4

why?

is Alisa similar to Eliza without "2d" stigma? getting real tired of not getting a rematch.

What the FUCK is this garbage? I fucking hate this character. I legit would consider playing this character but this feels just gross to be about to do holy shit.

Because no one likes you if you play him.

nobody likes who I play anyway

>wil rhymes with fil

Shut up mil

They are nothing alike

No, but Alisa players are often bitches anyway. Probably has to do with how you play.

should i main Lee? Or Yoshi? Or Steve? Or Nina? GUYS PLS HELP

Out of those Yoshimitsu is probably the easiest. I see you like complex characters though. Are you new to the game or do you already have decent fundies? If you're new and want to work on your fundies yet still play one of these I'd reccommend Yoshimitsu or Lee.

Alisa is cute but Eliza isn't

Fucking hell good Steves are annoying to fight. I may have gone done a ton of losses and only a few wins before they left but I feel like I've learned some things. Also that bastard has long arms.

I've got decent fundies, but I'm not totally satisfied yet and I recognize I still have a lot of space to improve. Why is Lee considered complex thought? I know he's CH based, but what else?

>Why is Lee considered complex though?

Because you have to use your brain. He doesn't have any panic moves or moves that can be applied in any situation. You have to react to what your opponent is doing and act accordingly. On top of that he has bad whiff punishment and mediocre range. He's a solid and strong character but his playstyle puts him at a disadvantage compared to higher tier characters. If your opponent is very skilled and doesn't make mistakes, Lee has very little tools to open them up with.

It's a meme spread by Lee mains so they can continue to be unique snowflakes.

I see. That actually makes me want to play him. Asides from the Blasted Salami guide, are there any good resources on him?
What about Yoshi? He seems so overwhelmig to learn. I already kinda started, but he has so much stuff and I still don't know how to effectively use his oki. Any tips for him?

>he doesn't have any panic moves
If an i11 magic 4 and a hopkick don't count as panic moves, then what does?

>his character doesn't have their own theme
youtube.com/watch?v=G-7R06NXITM

she do tho
youtube.com/watch?v=B9Bsp7oGvYU

Don't you dare, there was one (1) guy from the thread last tourney if there isn't at least 4 threadfags this one we're basically /fgg/
fuck you wil

Yoshi is a lot of memorizing, experimenting and sampling stuff from other players. He isn't hard in execution and you can win games by just with standard tekken tools he has, so keep it simple at first and then branch out into oki-setups and trickery. Fun character to use and learn about and not that difficult once you're past the initial bump that is his fuckhuge movelist.