/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic the Hedgehog General. Share art and music & discuss over new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and anything Sonic related.

/sthg/ #1188 - Nice General Sonicbabs Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jjw1kU1VdMU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Knuckles is finally dead.

>This is the man that is in charge of IDW Sonic
What went so horribly wrong?

The cutest

Is it april yet?

Sonic has had a lot of "themes" throughout the years. Which Sonic song do you think is the quintessential "Sonic's theme", as in, which song really sums up the blue blur in song form and comes to mind whenever you think "Sonic's theme song"?

For me, Sonic's theme is His World, probably the best thing to come out of 06 in my opinion.
youtube.com/watch?v=jjw1kU1VdMU
The contrast between the rapping and the sung chorus really nail the two big parts of Sonic in one song - his powerful attitude and cool factor, and his optimistic, inspiring nature.

Very.
now take off your clothes

ballu

Obviously too many chillidogs.

I fucking loved It Doesn't Matter. SA1 version > SA2 version.

it doesn't matter (the first one)

That it didn't happen sooner. The less money Archie makes the better.

he doesn't look very fast..

Jaleel White just doesn’t have it in him to play Classic Sonic anymore. His performance in that fan movie was godawful.

I don’t understand why people like him so much. I know he endeared himself to Archiefags because Ken Penders is such an asshole, but it doesn’t forgive Flynn for pumping out what is essentially fan fiction.

This little slut keeps getting thiccer.

It doesn't matter.

SA > SA2

Both His World and Endless Possibilities are the themes that think describe Sonic and the series as a whole the best. Never Turn Back is the same but for Shadow and easily the best song in ShtH.

Shadilla~

Truth. The post-reboot characters were a sad casualty, but Archie fucking off away from Sonic is nothing but good news.

I'm looking forward to April.

wew
nice.

Frontview?

Hey man if you actually took the time to read his work you’d realize his storylines are actually quality plus he’s a pretty talented artist in his own right.

Is this the Mario general?

I mean, what exactly do you have against his writing?

You can't just call something names and not pick something you don't like about his writing.

Although I'll go over a couple of the complaints
>words words words
Granted, but there's a lot of comics with this problem, but I feel that's an issue with most comics. One can easily read the Killing Joke and say the same things. Killing Joke is vastly superior to Archie Sonic though

>OC's as a crutch
ANY, and I mean ANY comic based on an original product will have original characters in it to epxlore new sides or new settings or new stories.

>Not making the Echidna storylines again
Well you got me there.

I don't like his smile /sthg/ his knowing aura mocks me.

>Thinking you're gonna get anything resembling quality discussion out of this
You're wasting your time, user. And I say this as someone who thinks Ian is kinda overrated

Yes! Luigi > Mario

I hate his smile so much
But in livestreams and on the podcasts he seems like a chill guy I'd really like to meet

But like if these pics were all I had to go off of I'd want to slap him

He has a cute smile

Excellent post Beanbab.

Martin Burke > Jaleel White

Welcome paisano

>Sonicbab's taste being this bad
Mama mia

He knows too much.

If I had to give one complaint about Ian, it'd be that he can drag some arcs out much longer than need be. I know SWC lasting that long wasn't 100% his fault, but towards the end it just became one giant slog with a pretty rushed ending. His work on shorter arcs ala Champions or his Universe work tends to be his strong suit & where his work can really shine the best.

IDW Sonic will likely have its fair share of long arcs, but I hope Ian plays to his strengths more.

He’s admitted on his podcast he can’t draw for shit.

>he can drag some arcs out much longer than need be
This is the core complaint for me. I don't give a shit about WORDSWORDSWORDS because I don't mind reading, but the reboot suffered hard because of how painfully long SWC was, and then it was broken up halfway through by Worlds Unite (which was awful). Even the Mecha Sally arc seemed like it was starting to run out of steam before the preboot collapsed.

The most fun arcs are the standalone shit that isn't being stretched for the longterm. Champions, Shadow Fall, Shattered, Mega Drive, and Silver Saga are great examples.

Personally I don't think any story arcs should last longer than four issues like SWC did. It's a monthly comic, so if I'm actually waiting years for a conclusion to a plotline, I think there's a problem.

>tfw Mario general is infested with Mariobabs and Luigibabs
Reminder that Dimentio is the best Mario Character

My oc Soni4 he is faster than sonic vecause he has 4 legs when he need to go fast he can transform into Soni8 he vreaks space time and meet his ancestors including himself and more 4 legs appears

persona lookin ass

Make way for the King, baby.

No.

Nice sidekick, Sonicbabs

>The most fun arcs are the standalone shit
>Champions, Shadow Fall, Shattered

Supa Soni8 is like Super Sonic but 6x faster because he has 6 more legs than sonic

>Sonic Universe will never return
>We'll never have issues focusing on other characters with no Sonic in sight
>We'll never get Eggman focused comics

Why do Ian and Jon have such similar smiles?

I guess I should have clarified
They're standalone in a sense that they establish a unique plot thread or major conflict and then resolve it within the same arc, instead of the arc just existing to be setup for ANOTHER arc.

Champions had the whole tournament, and then ended with the tournament being concluded. They just happened to get an Emerald, which works with the main saga.
Shadow Fall revolves around Shadow destroying the returning Black Arms, and it ends in that, with Eclipse remaining.
Shattered begins with Amy and Knuckles grabbing the remaining Master Emerald shards, and ends in them successfully doing something.

My wording was poor, but you get the idea. In the end a good arc should actually accomplish something significant, so there shouldn't be multiple arcs where any conflict just isn't resolved and nothing happens.

They both know.

If IDW Sonic sells, you'll get a second book. Now whether it would be exactly like Universe is unknown. Ian did always bring up a Shadow/GUN book as an idea in the past.

They know. They know too much.

Eggmn shall never heturn while Soni8 s hete here is

>We'll never get Eggman focused comics
This is the real sadness right here.

That's just the thing though, you can't say "Shattered World took too long" when Shattered World was just the backdrop for other stories. That's like saying "The Robotnik arc took too long"

Now that the dust has settled can we all agree that Odyssey wasn't good, 3D Mario was a mistake and that we should go back to 2D?
Has anyone checked out Mario Utopia or A Hat in time? That's what a 3D Mario game should aspire to be. I miss the 80's bros.

>NSFW artist asks for what Sonic girl he should draw
>everyone else ask for Wave
>does Wave
>one autist go messages about how his waifu didnt win to the people that voted her
>mocked onwards
>cries about "b-but muh canon" as well
is he the same "Sonic canon" autist here as well?

I don't know but what I do know is Wave is a cute birb!

Who was his waifu?

the SA1 version of It Doesn't Matter.

;((((

Why are we being invaded by mariobabs? FIGHT BACK!

Mario and his shitty friends are not humans. They are Italians.

It Doesn't Matter (SA) > His World > Endless Possibility

Mariobabs are our friends!

MODS

Does anyone know where Sonic says "Not bad, not bad at all" in SA1?

That short little techno piece when he enters the scene to confront Infinite after Lost Valley. That is his theme song.

>Sonicbabs can't even keep a stranglehold over their own general
Nice one, Sonicbabs.

do you have a link to it?

He'd probably be better with professional vocal direction.

Guys, can someone explain to me what's happening on the boruu?

But we love you, Mario! You're our friend!

Friend? You're not even good enough to be my rival.

What do you me-
Oh.
Is some cunt spamming the booru?

Shit that will get deleted eventually

Oh no, trash/ oc thread died

If we're such good friends, why wasn't I invited to your birthday Sonicbab?

So make another?

It's been dead for a while. I think they all moved on to a private discord to jack each other off.

Whats happening?

Papa Miyamoto said you weren't allowed to go!

RUDE

Sonic doesn't have birthdays, Mariobab.

judging the requests, probably a Blazefag.
PROBABLY

Some German furfag and some thot advertising her kik are spamming the booru.

Spam.
Unfortunately the bright spark who made the booru decided to not have any mods so we have to wait for him to show up to do anything.

>That's like saying "The Robotnik arc took too long"
>implying it didn't

I'm new.
Who the fuck is Bump & Sage?

You can hear it in the cutscene. I didn't see a link to the OST with the cutscene tracks on YouTube though. You might be able to find it on KH Insider or FFShrine forums.

B-b-but its sonic related Minotaur Braze is so cute

Little brat.

This general's fap material.

I could ask you the same thibg, Mariobab.

lmao, what the fuck is with her mouth

Two mascots created by & for this general. Also make for decent lewds.

Bump is the deer & Sage is the sloth.

So what? We like when drawfriends advertise themselves, it leads us to more cool art to look at and they get more customers so they can keep making art! It's a win-win for everyone.

>Always invite Sonicbabs to the Olympics and Smash
>Don't even get an invite to some shitty party

>Sonicbab thinks he can hide the truth
Tsk tsk, your pink thot told me everything

Our OCs. Do NOT fucking steal, m'kay?

They are the general's mascots. Bump is the bubbly deer who wants to keep threads alive, Sage is the irritable sloth who just wants to sleep.

Somebody's OCs that they spammed the general with until we just gave up and accepted them.