/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

News cleanup edition

/hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.6 via magnethax or system transfer)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55 (4.82 for 25xx models (minver 3.56) and below)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Wii U: pastebin.com/DhfG6z7F
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L
PS3: pastebin.com/6rH9Fc2E

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Dec 20] Luma3DS 9.0 commits several lingering tweaks, including open source modules into a new stable release. github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases

>Switch
[Feb 4] Not sure what this is, github.com/iDaN5x/Switcheroo
[Jan 8] fail0verflow have announced shofEL2, a coldboot exploit for Nvidia Tegra. wololo.net/2018/01/08/fail0verflow-announce-coldboot-exploit-nintendo-switch-say-interesting-times-ahead/
[Jan 8] kgsws has released a homebrew launcher UI, which is compatible with Pegaswitch and therefore 3.0.0 only. wololo.net/2018/01/08/nintendo-switch-kgsws-releases-homebrew-launcher-gui/
[Jan 3] qlutoo has posted an image of a Homebrew launcher GUI. More info coming on February 1st. twitter.com/qlutoo/status/948690228763680768
[Jan 2] New product by Team Xecuter will hack "any Switch" and be "absolutely future-proof". There are no details for now, but it's probably a modchip. It's coming out this spring. team-xecuter.com/team-xecuter-coming-to-your-nintendo-switch-console
[Dec 28] plutoo, derrek and naehrwert held a lecture at 34c3. switchbrew.github.io/34c3-slides/

>Vita
[Dec 28] ReNpDrm and ReStore released. wololo.net/2017/12/28/restore-updated-to-beta-42/

>PS4
[Feb 4] HABBEDING ALERT - FW 5.0 IS BACK ON THE MENU BOYS reddit.com/r/ps4homebrew/comments/7v8p8q/volodymyr_pikhur_recon_2018_presentation_fw50/
[Jan 8] Flatz has published a writeup wololo.net/2018/01/08/flatz-writeup-ps4-package-files-open-console-convenient-native-homebrews-piracy/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hSsTVN9XQEU
psxhax.com/threads/ps3-backup-injection-for-games-with-lic-edat-on-ofw-4-81-4-82.3917/
pspx.ru/forum/showpost.php?p=1106126&postcount=1
youtube.com/watch?v=sMroXa-zYxk
github.com/hwroot/Presentations/blob/master/Mess with the best die like the rest mode by Volodymyr Pikhur - REcon Brussels 2018.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

5.0 HOURS

Why when I select USB Device on the homebrew channel on wii appears an exception (DSI)?
The drive is formated FAT32, 1TB

Haxchi days are numbered!

this is going to be a good thread

Finally

what's the purpose of using boot1 over haxchi? just to save $6 but go through more steps and chances of bricking?

Radiant Historia leak when

5.0 hacked WHEN?

>mfw checking PSHAX everyday in hope of seeing CFW for my PS3 Super Slim

The wait is killing me, I just want to play some Tales of Vesperia and have some fun like everyone else

Whenever I try and install a Wii U game with WUP installer, I get mcp_InstallGetInfo 0xFFFBF3E2 for some reason. All my folders are named ok because it's worked in the past, just not now for some reason. I haven't updated since it worked before, why won't it work now? Only thing that's changed is I moved to a new SD card since this but I formatted it first and copied over all the files from the old one

Guys - legit question.

I have my 3DS running on emunand (rin's emunand). I used to fire up freeshop / cia installers and some modified games.

Then I stopped playing my 3DS alltogether for more than one year. In-between the banwave happened. Now I have my 3DS on an old emunand FW, not sure if banned or not.

I would like to check and start using it again, but I am not sure how to proceed in a most safe way possible.

Please kindly advise.

What is more, what's the current stand on homebrew/emunand etc.? I would like to get back online with MH4U with my friends.

What is the newest - SAFEST - trend? Emunand? That whatwasitsname hack that let you modify sysnand?

What are the current precautions about not getting banned? Please kindly sum things up for me; not a newb, just not sure where to start now.
Please kindly advise.

I just tried it on the old SD card and still nothing. What do

So, I'm on rebug 4.81 and I need to create a PSN account to install RAPs. What do, fellas?

Are you trying to install something that requires running CFW first without running CFW first?

Installing something that doesn't require CFW but running CFW before anyway just to make sure. Also tried another WUP loader

Do you have to do anything special to update japanese software on a hacked O3DS?

The guide, you fucking twat

And these are files straight from Nintendo's CDN?

Yep, Wii U Download Helper, worked in the past

Do you see any answer to what I'm asking, you twat?

Read the guide

Anyone got a .cia of FF6 with an updated Brave New World hack applied? FF14 made me want to replay FF6 so I figured I'd try out that hack I've heard about.

>Anyone got a .cia of FF6 with an updated Brave New World hack applied?
I do

C-can you share it, p-please?

He’s right. The only single answer to your objectively lazy question is doing the guide from step one. It’s sad people have to ask.

>paying for piracy

Reminder that there are people who doubted that BBB would deliver.

Has it been leaked yet?

>Super Slim
Dumb sissy anime boi.

5.0 download link where?

>try installing a forwarder for DS flashcart
>launches game but no save data is detected
>panic.jpg
>put microsd in computer
>"You need to reformat the disk before you can use it."
>No files detected in DiskDigger
>uninstalled the forwarder with FBI
>icon is still on 3DS menu
I'm gonna cry

Brought a 3DS.
It's at the version 11.2, not hacked yet.
Can I use it to connect to the internet, or will it auto-update if I connect?

The Wii U is the only console that literally updates itself, I think.

Thats also illegal in some parts of the world, technically.
I think it gets handwaved by implied consent but if you had cash to burn you could make a fuss, not that it matters much anymore.
Canada has a law you could apply to it at least, didn't check elsewhere.
Much easier to just trick people with annoyingly placed, well-timed messageboxes.

Can i get a quick rundown on what can be done on a ps3 slim now? Can i steal games? can i put them on a hardrive or do i burn discs?

everything

You can steal games on any console.

It's getting pretty gray these days mind. Like the PS4 and Switch lock content off if it knows there's an update downloaded to the console and won't let you do much until it's installed.

Fuck you, you unhelpful faggot.

For anyone who's wondering, you need to spoof your firmware to 4.81 using SEN Enabler. This guy's a little retarded, but he made a decent guide.

youtube.com/watch?v=hSsTVN9XQEU

I'm more pissed off with the obsession with telemetry, using my fucking network to send shit without permission, eula be damned i said fucking no.
Turning it off is one thing but to actually fight the user or just plain ignore them is disgusting. Windows 10 is guilty of this and even the consoles are doing it, notice all those error logs it keeps? I don't remember agreeing to that, probably did i assume.
At least sometimes you can just use your network to choke the bitch, even when the device is programmed to not respect your hosts setup.
Even the nvidia cards for fucks sake. It's amazing we have enough bandwidth leftover to post.

Okay i had a quick skim of the guide, im on a CECH-4000 and my software is 4.82 so im out of luck right?

CECH-4000 is super slim, so yes. Although there was recently some news about some kind of progress for it, but it's a pain in the ass (can't remember if it was backups or homebrew, check a thread or two ago for the link)

ah well.

I can make one, which emulator do you want? VC, Snes9x, RA?

no but start with the demo, it's really long and you can transfer your progress to the full game
why would you use a forwarder ffs
use the guide and don't worry about updates anymore, pirate games
DO IT

to skip the wood menu

R4Wood is godlike, be thankful you don't have to use the shitty firmware that comes with r4isdhc cards

VC

Would Checkpoint Save Manager or TWLSaveTool be my best bet for getting my original DS saves off my cartridges?

I don't get this general dislike for the wood menu. It feels really homebrew DS-like and it really gets me in to mood to play some DS games.

For me, it's the opposite. You boot from your riced out 3DS home menu with a nice BGM into a dead quiet clinical list of games and then you still have to go through load times. I like the wood menu, but I'd rather not have that eerie gap in sound between booting my 3DS and getting into the game.

how much longer

any good site to upload this shit?

if it's under 100MB, uguu.se

just tried it with Checkpoint and it works fine. Only thing that sucks is that it exports the save with a weird file name, but that's an inconvenience at most

here it is, haven't tried it
a.uguu.se/mdsqjpc7tudh_FF6BNW.cia

it's backups, they run on OFW Superslims, like your CECH-4000 but the method is indeed a lot of hassle:
psxhax.com/threads/ps3-backup-injection-for-games-with-lic-edat-on-ofw-4-81-4-82.3917/
pspx.ru/forum/showpost.php?p=1106126&postcount=1

I recently slapped some cfw on my n!3ds. I've downloaded a dozen games for it so far, but a lot of then don't come with the updates. Is it safe to get my system online and let the games update if they're just cias installed on my SD card or is that how shit gets bricked up?

That's completely understandable now that it's explained.

Just use freeshop to install dlc/updates. There are some games that will disappear if you connect to the official eShop now.

Are there any memory stick to microsd adapters that support 64gb sd cards? Its for my psp.

>paying for piracy
>paying for a better exploit when there's already a free exploit
>missing the point of piracy
>wasting your time to get a prepaid card

Fuck off. You don't realize how great free Haxchi sounds like because you have given up. I didn't, and now, a good thing will soon come to me because I waited patiently.

>but go through more steps
Invalid argument, since a great amount of people were still willing to bring ahl9 to 3DS despite around 20 to 40 steps were needed to be followed to do it. As long the steps sound clear and simple, nothing will stop you.

>and chances of bricking?
The only way to brick your Wii U is incorrectly installing the coldboot. There were no reports of Haxchi alone bricking the consoles, as far as I know.

>waiting until wii u died before modding it

Sure looks like you arrived early to the fun party, bet you're pumped for the latest vidya discussion with the lads

ded

>FW 5.0 IS BACK ON THE MENU BOYS

I'm praying to god that 5.01 is safe too.

Hey,
Any anons know if I can use my old CycloDS in my 3DS now?

who here can show me the correct method to adjusting the fan speed on a recently CFW'd PS3?

I doubt it, but I haven't picked up my 3DS is months.

Speaking of which, has anything new come out since armloader? I'm pretty sure I updated to that, but cannot be super sure. How do I check to see just what in the hell I've loaded onto my 3DS to refresh my memory? I've graduated from college and suddenly have time on my hands to play vidya.

Uhh... do you have boot9strap?

Hell if I know, my brain is fried. I haven't picked the thing up in a bit. Part of me wants to say yes, I do. But how do I check to see exactly what I have installed? Hold start on boot? Select? Will it say?

some PS4 5.00 news

Demo video
youtube.com/watch?v=sMroXa-zYxk

Link to slides about the exploit
github.com/hwroot/Presentations/blob/master/Mess with the best die like the rest mode by Volodymyr Pikhur - REcon Brussels 2018.pdf

Kernel access on 5.00. Dont update til its public

Please let them release something in the 5.0 range. 4.05 fucking sucks right now since the newest game I can play is Gravity Rush 2.

Wait, I do. I just found my godmode9 rars lurking in my hard drive. So pretty sure I just need to update.

how the heck would anyone come close to the 3ds icon limit? I have 120gb of games and am still at less than 150 even though a lot of it is small indie shit

Hey dudes. I have a weird issue with my Vita that I can't for the life of me figure out.

Every time I try to install an application, literally any application from any source, I end up getting this error:

Error 0x8001000D

It also appears if I attempt to paste a new folder into ux0:app, or attempt to make a new folder in ux0:app.
However, replacing files inside of the folders in ux0:app works fine. For example, it errored out when I tried autoupdating vitashell, but when I just pasted the folder contents of the new updated vitashell into the old vitashell folder, it worked, and I ended up with an updated vitashell.

I also found out that if I mount my Vita as USB, I can make new folders in ux0:app on my computer without errors. If I paste an application folder in there on my computer, and then exit and rebuild database on the Vita, the bubbles do actually appear, and for homebrew, it even works! But for non-homebrew, it just tells me the bubble is corrupt and to reinstall upon attempting to launch. Boo.

Ontop of all this, games I already had installed before the error appeared work just fine still, including saving/trophies. I can also transfer over new PSX/PSP eboots for adrenaline and they will also launch, run and save just fine.

It started randomly one day and I can't figure out what it means, why I have it or how to make it go away. Google tells me it could be a registry error, but that's vague as fuck and doesn't really help me in any way. I have already done the obvious things like rebuild database, reinstall vitashell and whatnot.

I guess I could reformat the memory card, but since everything I already have works just fine, I almost don't think it's worth the hassle just to be able to install new games. but I *do* want to be able to install new games. What do?

I had a G6 DS Real years back and it failed once (and several times after that), wiping all my data. After the first time I just kept a save folder and backed up my saves every time I connected it.
I also started doing that with my PSP and everything I had at the time. It takes a few seconds and then data loss isn't usually a huge issue.

VC injects

If you are making VC injects for every little rom your autism knows no bounds. Like i have vc injects for games i really care about like FF but im not making them for the other five thousand snes games, they just go in an emu.

any way to bypass it I have a lot of games homebrew, emulators and GBA injects and am getting close

3ds is shit for GBA emulation SNES and bellow is fine which is why I only do GBA injects since that uses AGB_FIRM for native performance

>nvidia cards
Yes Even Nvidia is fucking watching you these days. Why people put up with this i do not know.
I Just delete the procces and api files now for their spying program. But you have keep ending the process in task manager to get all the fires deleted.

use webman

launch your titles via FBI

Anyine use retroarch on their Wii U? I can't get FB Alpha to work at all. Amy time O choose a zip file it fails to load

Sounds that way.

Not him, but is it fine to use Webman alongside Multiman? I would only use Webman for the temperature controls because right now I use TempMon 1.0 but it sucks because I have to start it every single time because it changed the system default to turn off the fans completely on boot.

don't have to worry about any of this tripe on linugs m8

So, user who uploaded the R4 video the last thread, can you give me a hand? Do I just install the anykernel CIA on emunand and that's it? Or do I have to do the sysnand install and the TWL_FIRM patch? If yes to the second question, how do I sysnand install on a n3ds? Everywhere says to use rxtools or pasta but both are o3ds/below my firmware only, it seems.
Sorry for all the spoonfeeding, but I'm really confused at this point.

What models of N3DS XL have IPS displays, and which only have TN displays?

all N3DSXLs have IPS top displays with some having IPS bottom displays and it's rare. The only guarantee of a dual IPS is the fire emblem limited edition model. Unless you want to be an asshole and return every single 3ds with a tn bottom screen until you realize that store has none there really isn't a way to get one without hiked prices on ebay.

I've heard that all special editions like the SNES, Pikachu and Samus ones have dual TNs.

according to 3dsident, my n3dsXL has both screens as TN displays

Well shit you are one unlucky man user. I was very anal about this too and just decided to go and buy one and got lucky with a top IPS. There were some threads on GBAtemp and reddit with serial numbers but there didn't seem to be a real pattern.

there are people on ebay selling replacement ips screens for 10 bucks if you want to replace it without returning.

I literally only discovered about this weird ass deal with TN and IPS nintendo did this morning, so I'm not too bothered by it. Going from DSlite to the 3DSXL is a hugeass upgrade anyway.

Don't lie user, n3DSXLs with dual TNs are common

are they? I'd always see the demos having ips panels. Guess I read wrong.

>Already have legit PS4 for staying up to date
>Bought Launch PS4 brand new for 4.05

Feels good. The price will only go up so if you're gonna get a new older model PS4 you better get it now.

Also have

>PS2 with FMCB
>PS3 with rebug
>3DS with gateway(It was at the time before softmodding)
>Vita with Henkaku
>Wii U with Haxchi
>N64 with ED64plus

Shit is crazy.

how's that backlog, user?