Minecraft General /mcg/

Vampire Hunting Quartet Edition

► 1. WELCOME TO MINECRAFT GENERAL /mcg/

We discuss Minecraft, modpacks, projects, build ideas, etc.
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated for feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here, use the list from the link below to advertise it.

[!] Performance problems in 1.10+: use foamfix+Optifine (turn off terrain animation)

► 2. NEWS

[02 jan 2018] The oldest news in this OP are now 1 year old. Congratulations for never updating this shit

[31 dec 2017] MultiMC5 0.6.0 is out, featuring easy downloading of Curse modpacks and more.
>multimc.org/posts/0-6-update.html

>[2017/Jun/30] Noodlor's Castle Collection is completed! Including a world-download:
imgur.com/a/NeywO

>[2017/May/14] GoG update is finished:
mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/228948-grimoire-of-gaia

>[2017/Jan/02] asie has been working on FoamFix, FabricMC and others.
asie.pl/foamfix/
github.com/FabricMC

► 3. USEFUL LINKS

>/mcg/ General text (to contribute news and info for the next thread)
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-op

>Modding Tools & documentation:
mcforge.readthedocs.io

>Curse downloader
github.com/TOLoneWolf/curseDownloader

>how2dostuff for newfags
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-modfaq

>Server list (own a server? Please move to the new Serblist.com)
serblist.com
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w0Nywo6sZcexcYb46hTOfAwElaeUlPoCC4DKRFcMWYQ (Old)

>Ideas & Inspiration
mcnoodlor.imgur.com/
elworrier.imgur.com/
imgur.com/a/JPif9

>Castlefag's map
mega.nz/#!h3hi0TQR!areDzeQYr6RACXyDX-HE49BEIePIHze3liNoXg6Dhqg

>Cracked MultiMC for Linuxfags
anonfile.com/UcRapfdcbb/multimc-cracked.tar.gz

Other urls found in this thread:

planetminecraft.com/project/broville-v11/
youtube.com/watch?v=T5FPHhstKOA&list=PL439F16DE9C7FD680&index=266
youtube.com/watch?v=tIc94oeuYaA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ayy, new thread before the old one died for once.

>not have everything important in the same chunk
when people say this does it mean like, spread things out so they won't even be loaded at the same time? Or is it something to do with the way chunk or whatever updates? Does having too much things in one chunk cause issues?

t. Modding babby

I honestly don't know. I just know that I've tried it both ways and giving everything room to "breath" is better than stacking everything on top of everything else in terms of FPS lag. Just having automation in separate (while still loaded) is better.

If you have too much shit (entities and tile entities) going on loaded chunk then it's gonna lag, spreading is a good way to avoid that.

I've only gone and fucking done it.

Pic related, my very first base from 2011 was built next to this ridiculous formation.

Isabella is truly the idea texture pack. If only it had better mod support.

See the response in this post:
And add this addendum: having things be a bit spread out allows you to focus decoration and design to fit themes relevant to the station. Factories, barns, silos, mansions, Freddie Mercury's stage, etc.

It's been approx three years since I last played. Should I redownload this game? If so, what should I expect and where should I go? I should also note that I almost literally never played singleplayer.

Glacier

Reinstall and play Broville.
planetminecraft.com/project/broville-v11/

Indeed, and the mod support is ok since it covers most big mods like Railcraft or Forestry. And Isabella's textures fit properly with most modded blocks unlike Pixel Perfection.
Comfy, what worldgen? And are you planning to build something there?

It's "Old World Generator" with beta 1.7 and modded biomes selected. Not building anything there, it's just a fairly iconic seed and I wanted to see what it looked like with biomes o plenty.

If you are using BoP, what changes to config have you made? Any particural biomes that you guys always disable?

>Change from Isabella to PP
>The room I'm in goes from well lit to fucking darkness

Anyone has tips on how to build a city? I'd want to build a small city near a lake but I don't know how to plan the streets since I hate the organized growth grid system. How should I build the apartments? the clash between the natural part and the man made?

Play Citites Skyline.

I usually disable Chocolate Biome. Slums and Moon Surface

Simple, Don't flatten everything, build to the land. Same goes for the streets. Think how a small village would naturally grow. They wouldn't build grid like streets at first. Consider building two crossroads as a "marker" for your city center.

Your buildings should be at the same relative high for the neighborhood/aesthetic you're trying to go for. Stick with a limited pallet of just three materials, (i.e Stone for a frame, wood for walls and third accent material).

Download this map for example

this.

Is this /mcg/'s first new meme of 2018?

youtube.com/watch?v=T5FPHhstKOA&list=PL439F16DE9C7FD680&index=266

>3:03
>LOGGY TECH HEADSET
I just can't

youtube.com/watch?v=tIc94oeuYaA THIS MAN HAS BEEN DOING THIS FOR ABOUT 5 YEARS

Why doesn't Broville have a Bronx?

In what world is disabling moon surface considered a meme? It's a useless biome and a huge eyesore.

>furry skin
>overly excited
delete this

it does, Brompton is the Ghetto

>you'll never be a millionaire from making inane minecraft videos

it was one reason I got banned on the MC fourms.

it* got banned

What are some essential mods if I just play creative mode? Looking for nice block pallets and decorations mostly desu.

>one of the reasons
what were the others? Just general thin-skinned-ness?

The whole map is filled with Veeky Forums-style """humor""". iirc shoes tried to remove a lot of it before release but it was a truly impossibly task given the size and age of the map, along with team members' tendency to build secrets known they knew about. Half the time they'd forget too and it would be lost until someone dug into it while terraforming.

are there any fully uncensored versions of map?

Sure there are user, WIP copies. Just not publicly available :^)

Didn't the autist mod of the mcforum counted EVERY SINGLE obscene thing in the map?

impossible, unless they had some sort of automated tool to do it.

there's nothing uncensored about it. Shoes removed some stupid shit that wasn't even really funny to start with, but the maps "humor" is still the same and offensive.

World Edit, Carpebter Blocks, Chisel, Wallpapercraft or Conquest Reforged.
Not sure if every single one but I recall that they did count like the 100 they found.

Anybody tried the pack Magiculture 2? It feels like it's coming along pretty good. I don't know how what they did, but terrain gen using RTG actually looks and feels good. Guess without BoP it actually can make some plains and doesn't turn into a hilly mess for 90% of the map. Only problem is some quest objectives don't complete. Like killing and meeting quests. I guess Better Questing mod somehow broke their own code in the update, since even my custom kill quests I put in with edit mode don't work.

I just realized I forgot to put Ice and Fire on when I started 1.12

Are you really missing much though? That mod feels really out of place sometimes and it doesn't take long before dragons are your bitch. Unless you just wanted it for the dragon mount.

>no dog armor
rip puppers

what server does the user want?

a Broville one

You bojo! Hoverboards don't work on water!

UNLESS YOU GOT POWAH!

The wood looks kinda tacky for a build like that.

I want a dimension mod that just adds a Broville dimension.
>but user, that would be really easy to do yourself with Mystcraft or RFTools or Galacticraft or-
NO. I WANT A MOD TO DO IT FOR ME.

>Wood
What wood? The wood that's inside the building??

probably the wood in the dome

And the wood of the dome

tell me more about this broville

Left or right? Flared window ledges or straight?

Flared, but I dont like how it looks though.

>I dont like how it looks
Me too. Thinner or smaller windows don't look great either. I might go with a smaller window or no windows at all. Grr I just want to be done with this, but I keep having to walk away to think about bullshit like this.

Left one but smaller

Castlefag here. I'm done with the pics. Someone give me a life potion, or their vitae, or energy or their blessing, I'm spent.

Name of the mod that displayed chunks borders and light levels?

NotEnoughItems.

Outward flare vs inward flare.

Left looks better

I chopped some dark oak trees and replaced the roofing with it, and replaced the oak logs with spruce. Look any better?

NEI does this in good versions.
More Overlays should do this for meme versions.

It looks kinda decent, but Dark Oak doesn't really give a nice contrast against Spruce. Worse is that the Stone Bricks now stand out a bit too much. Oak would have worked better as a roof, and it would make your house more noticeable if ever you ended up traveling far and you're trying to approach your house at night.

>good versions
The desperation of deadvers toasterfags lmao.

I like it, specially it's simple yet efficient decoration.

Maybe I just prefer the game not requiring more resources than a heavily-modded install of Fallout 4 or Skyrim?

For some reason I feel like the logs and bricks should switch.

what are those off to the side?

So change the roof to left, or I could switch out the stone bricks for regular bricks like I did on the right?
How so? Logs on the roof and bricks as a frame?
Tough As Nails rain catchers.

Actually, looking it over, I hate the look of bricks. Oak it is.

Well, I meant specifically the stone bricks as opposed to the red bricks, but yeah, grey brick frame lower with log/similar for the upper frame.

I chuckled.

I like the dark oak for the roof more, the darker colours fit the cabin more than the lighter woodplank and it doesn't help that oak woodplanks are so overused that they aren't that interesting to see on builds anymore.

>people actually posting builds
>giving positive feedback
Wtf is happening

ay where those fence/grate/bars things from? that looks stylish as fuck

Looks like iron bars from Chisel.

It's from Garden Stuff.

Sprint was a mistake

I'm trying to decide between Architecturecraft and Carpenter's Blocks. Thoughts?

Architecturecraft has more block options but Carpenter blocks also adds some utilities like the garage doors, beds, walls, tiles and such. I'm not sure about the performance and personally the handling of each has it's ups and downs. So try them yourself and experiment which one works better, because from what I've tried I haven't found a consistent conclusion yet.

Trying some new blocks in place of the stone bricks. Might go with cyan stained tiles.
Why is it so hard to get colors right of all things?
Carpenter's blocks for small scale autism
Architecturecraft for full blown autism

Isn't Architecturecraft buggy as hell?

has anyone been able to get smart moving/renderplayerapi working with botania? I've fixed most other mod armors with renderplayerenchanced but botania... refuses to be fixed. It'll render it exactly how it should- alongside a second rendering that just faces one direction. wtf

I'm experimenting with lightmaps.

>tfw just noticed the clouds in this picture are being held up by pistons
I've posted this like a gorillian times holy shit

(You)

>center part of my base decided to permanently drop down to 20fps today
Based mojangsters.

>mhw released
>have online games i want to play
>have backlog of SP games i want to play
>hm...wouldn't it be fun to play minecraft again
Fucking end me why am i like this.

gay

The server I am on has MCA. I am building an underground dwarfy looking base, with lots of guest rooms. Can I get MCA villagers to live in my dwarven keep without any access to sunlight?

Anyone has some nip builds they have done? What are some tips for it? Specially for the comfy gardens they have.

>no chisel support from pixel perfection